OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....
-
-
Many times, I get no sense of "openess".
Some of those times the odor of Devil's Advocacy, a/k/a shit stirring, is quite strong...
Some of the other times, when you accuse someone of doing something you yourself do in the same post, then I think blindspot is more than applicable...
For course, that's just my opinion... and a few dozen others...
Many times, I get no sense of "openess".
Because you see things in tunnel vision and only through the scope of your own opinion likely.
If you disagree with me, or I disagree with you, ergo I am not "open"....when in fact, the opposite is true.
Some of those times the odor of Devil's Advocacy, a/k/a shit stirring, is quite strong...
That could happen occasionally, certainly.
Some of the other times, when you accuse someone of doing something you yourself do in the same post, then I think blindspot is more than applicable...
Being an asshole? Sure I tell people they are an asshole. And I admit that I am an asshole at times. But at least I admit it.
For course, that's just my opinion... and a few dozen others...
Again....it all because I disagree with your opinion. And apparently you can't stomach that....and you can't let it go and you extrapolate that to anything and everything I do. Its called being small.
Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude, but I generally don't....except possibly in reaction to the nitpicking and griping and harping and second guessing to my posts.
So, if you think you are fucking infallible, it is not the case. Its just that I am not interested enough to spend my time nitpicking and griping and harping about your inaccuracies or about your opinions.
I point out that an opinion is an opinion when it is an opinion, and that is about it.
-
Many times, I get no sense of "openess".
Because you see things in tunnel vision and only through the scope of your own opinion likely.
If you disagree with me, or I disagree with you, ergo I am not "open"....when in fact, the opposite is true.
Some of those times the odor of Devil's Advocacy, a/k/a shit stirring, is quite strong...
That could happen occasionally, certainly.
Some of the other times, when you accuse someone of doing something you yourself do in the same post, then I think blindspot is more than applicable...
Being an asshole? Sure I tell people they are an asshole. And I admit that I am an asshole at times. But at least I admit it.
For course, that's just my opinion... and a few dozen others...
Again....it all because I disagree with your opinion. And apparently you can't stomach that....and you can't let it go and you extrapolate that to anything and everything I do. Its called being small.
Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude, but I generally don't....except possibly in reaction to the nitpicking and griping and harping and second guessing to my posts.
So, if you think you are fucking infallible, it is not the case. Its just that I am not interested enough to spend my time nitpicking and griping and harping about your inaccuracies or about your opinions.
I point out that an opinion is an opinion when it is an opinion, and that is about it.
Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude, but I generally don't....except possibly in reaction to the nitpicking and griping and harping and second guessing to my posts.
So, if you think you are fucking infallible, it is not the case. Its just that I am not interested enough to spend my time nitpicking and griping and harping about your inaccuracies or about your opinions.
I point out that an opinion is an opinion when it is an opinion, and that is about it.
OK... I tried... it's just too fucking hard.
When you purposely (I can only assume) conflate my opinion observations of you with our many other dissenting views opinions and then attack... that's it.
Back to the Ghoolie zone... but before you go, here's a parting thought for you...
When an opinion is shared by an overwhelming majority, while it is still not a fact... it's as close to a certainty as an opinion can get.
____________________________
Edited for word choice....
-
And here is someone else's opinion about the Browns and their possible non-consensus this close to the draft. Believe me it is shared by many in Aggieland who do not want Garrett to every see the light of day in the Factory of Sadness on the Lake. The risks are too high that he gets all the blame if they continue their screwed up ways of playing football. I'm one of the few that thinks he can be a major building block of a deep turnaround. I catch a lot of shit from friends who would rather see him in SF. I defend the Browns more often than you might otherwise believe. Those folks would be elated if the Browns fuck this up and take a pass on him.
https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft
-
Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude, but I generally don't....except possibly in reaction to the nitpicking and griping and harping and second guessing to my posts.
So, if you think you are fucking infallible, it is not the case. Its just that I am not interested enough to spend my time nitpicking and griping and harping about your inaccuracies or about your opinions.
I point out that an opinion is an opinion when it is an opinion, and that is about it.
OK... I tried... it's just too fucking hard.
When you purposely (I can only assume) conflate my opinion observations of you with our many other dissenting views opinions and then attack... that's it.
Back to the Ghoolie zone... but before you go, here's a parting thought for you...
When an opinion is shared by an overwhelming majority, while it is still not a fact... it's as close to a certainty as an opinion can get.
____________________________
Edited for word choice....
OK... I tried... it's just too fucking hard.
When you purposely (I can only assume) conflate my opinion of you with our many other dissenting views and then attack... that's it.
Back to the Ghoolie zone... but before you go, here's a parting thought for you...
When an opinion is shared by an overwhelming majority, while it is still not a fact... it's as close to a certainty as an opinion can get.
It is still just an opinion. And an opinion is not fact. And again.....my point is proven. You apparently are intolerant of other's differring opinions. And putting me on ignore is your loss, not mine.
But congratulations on living in the land where everyone smells each other's butts and thinks it is roses.
To summarize with a parting thought:
You think, apparently that Garrett is infallible, that he is Jesus Christ almighty and there cannot be any faith but faith in that.
I say, maybe, but maybe not. I do not share your religion of certainty. I am a doubting Thomas. (even Christianity had one of those)
I say that MT is a risk worth taking, as a franchise QB potential. But I don't think he walks on water. I acknowledge his fallibility. I say that getting both he and Garrett if it can be worked out would be the prime objective.
But you seem to be of a religion of extremists.....and can't abide dissent.
But, you see, I live by the creed of my avatar: In paraphrase: The Gipper Abides.
-
And here is someone else's opinion about the Browns and their possible non-consensus this close to the draft. Believe me it is shared by many in Aggieland who do not want Garrett to every see the light of day in the Factory of Sadness on the Lake. The risks are too high that he gets all the blame if they continue their screwed up ways of playing football. I'm one of the few that thinks he can be a major building block of a deep turnaround. I catch a lot of shit from friends who would rather see him in SF. I defend the Browns more often than you might otherwise believe. Those folks would be elated if the Browns fuck this up and take a pass on him.
https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft
And here is someone else's opinion about the Browns and their possible non-consensus this close to the draft. Believe me it is shared by many in Aggieland who do not want Garrett to every see the light of day in the Factory of Sadness on the Lake. The risks are too high that he gets all the blame if they continue their screwed up ways of playing football. I'm one of the few that thinks he can be a major building block of a deep turnaround. I catch a lot of shit from friends who would rather see him in SF. I defend the Browns more often than you might otherwise believe. Those folks would be elated if the Browns fuck this up and take a pass on him.
https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft
He could be a building block. So could others. In fact, many others have to be. One defender is not the be all and end all. We would also need that QB.
That is all....except:
You should know by now that Browns fans don't give a shit what fans of other teams think....be they 49er fans, Aggie fans, and particularly Steeler/Ravens/Bengal fans.
(though...they may be right about the kind of pressure that would be on him)
-
Many times, I get no sense of "openess".
Because you see things in tunnel vision and only through the scope of your own opinion likely.
If you disagree with me, or I disagree with you, ergo I am not "open"....when in fact, the opposite is true.
Some of those times the odor of Devil's Advocacy, a/k/a shit stirring, is quite strong...
That could happen occasionally, certainly.
Some of the other times, when you accuse someone of doing something you yourself do in the same post, then I think blindspot is more than applicable...
Being an asshole? Sure I tell people they are an asshole. And I admit that I am an asshole at times. But at least I admit it.
For course, that's just my opinion... and a few dozen others...
Again....it all because I disagree with your opinion. And apparently you can't stomach that....and you can't let it go and you extrapolate that to anything and everything I do. Its called being small.
Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude, but I generally don't....except possibly in reaction to the nitpicking and griping and harping and second guessing to my posts.
So, if you think you are fucking infallible, it is not the case. Its just that I am not interested enough to spend my time nitpicking and griping and harping about your inaccuracies or about your opinions.
I point out that an opinion is an opinion when it is an opinion, and that is about it.
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude
-
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.
Stating actual substantial facts is not nitpicking. It is stating substantial facts.
Nit picking, on the order that some do here, would be like saying: " WTF is wrong with you....the name of the car is Rolls Royce, not Royce Rolls."
When, of course, we know that you are doing a play on words.
Or nitpicking would be like not remembering 5 years later that in Brandon Weeden's 15 game rookie season that he missed a later game, not the first game of the season. One guy here went apoplectic over the fact that I didn't accurately remember that piece of minutiae. I mean, that would be like me having a conniption fit over the fact that one of you got an answer wrong on one of my trivia quizzes. I mean, MY GOD.
-
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.Of course I could probably nit pick, and second guess and gripe and harp on many of your posts and much of your attitude
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.
Ha!
Yes they did.....

-
. Really, you could?! The Gipper I know would never nit pick anything! BTW the browns moved to Baltimore.
Ha!
Yes they did.....

-
Then why are they still here? In case you didn't notice.
I only see posers.....
Im home right now......but that doesnt mean I didnt go to work yesterday.....
-
Then why are they still here? In case you didn't notice.
I only see posers.....
Im home right now......but that doesnt mean I didnt go to work yesterday.....
I only see posers.....
Im home right now......but that doesnt mean I didnt go to work yesterday.....
So, how would things be different really say, if instead of Modell trying to move the Browns, he had sold them instead to Al Lerner. We still would have had Randy and what came during his tenure.
In case you haven't seen all these time travel/quantum physics shows....history is very, very hard to change.
-
I only see posers.....
Im home right now......but that doesnt mean I didnt go to work yesterday.....
So, how would things be different really say, if instead of Modell trying to move the Browns, he had sold them instead to Al Lerner. We still would have had Randy and what came during his tenure.
In case you haven't seen all these time travel/quantum physics shows....history is very, very hard to change.
In case you haven't seen all these time travel/quantum physics shows....history is very, very hard to change.
and yet....you've spent 1037 pages and 14, 893 words trying to do just that.....
-
In case you haven't seen all these time travel/quantum physics shows....history is very, very hard to change.
and yet....you've spent 1037 pages and 14, 893 words trying to do just that.....
and yet....you've spent 1037 pages and 14, 893 words trying to do just that.....
And through it all, I have it right.
The Browns franchise never moved. Only the NFL, the Cities of Cleveland and Baltimore, the States of Maryland and Ohio, the principal parties involved, and the court systems of this nation agree with me.
And who agrees with you?
Ghoolie!!
(Gotcha!)

-
and yet....you've spent 1037 pages and 14, 893 words trying to do just that.....
And through it all, I have it right.
The Browns franchise never moved. Only the NFL, the Cities of Cleveland and Baltimore, the States of Maryland and Ohio, the principal parties involved, and the court systems of this nation agree with me.
And who agrees with you?
Ghoolie!!
(Gotcha!)

And who agrees with you?
Ghoolie!!
(Gotcha!)

Got me?.....hahaha......
this is a football board and, based upon football opinion alone(and the history of what Ive read here), Id rather have Ghoolie agree.....
-
And who agrees with you?
Ghoolie!!
(Gotcha!)

Got me?.....hahaha......
this is a football board and, based upon football opinion alone(and the history of what Ive read here), Id rather have Ghoolie agree.....
-
And Gip doesn't understand the difference between a franchise and a team. the TEAM moved, you can keep all your legal technicality, intellectual property rat shit.
When people talk about the Bernie Kosar teams in Cleveland, they aren't talking about logos or mascots or stats or records. They're talking about the actual talent, the players, the coaches, the moving parts that dictate the product on the field.
The TEAM moved to Baltimore. I know you'll respond as if it's a black and white matter, but not everyone uses the same criteria that you do, and that's ok, Gipper.....it's ok
No need to reply with the obligatory Gipper gaslight, hitler-dick ego trip that will spin us into a nuclear winter of stale Browns board dick measuring but of course we all know what's coming.
-
-
And Gip doesn't understand the difference between a franchise and a team. the TEAM moved, you can keep all your legal technicality, intellectual property rat shit.
When people talk about the Bernie Kosar teams in Cleveland, they aren't talking about logos or mascots or stats or records. They're talking about the actual talent, the players, the coaches, the moving parts that dictate the product on the field.
The TEAM moved to Baltimore. I know you'll respond as if it's a black and white matter, but not everyone uses the same criteria that you do, and that's ok, Gipper.....it's ok
No need to reply with the obligatory Gipper gaslight, hitler-dick ego trip that will spin us into a nuclear winter of stale Browns board dick measuring but of course we all know what's coming.
And Gip doesn't understand the difference between a franchise and a team. the TEAM moved, you can keep all your legal technicality, intellectual property rat shit.
Yes, I do...and that is EXACTLY my point. Again, I use the House analogy. The franchise is the house. The players are the furniture.
Just because you move the furniture, and discard half of it during your move does not mean the house moved.
When people talk about the Bernie Kosar teams in Cleveland, they aren't talking about logos or mascots or stats or records. They're talking about the actual talent, the players, the coaches, the moving parts that dictate the product on the field.
The TEAM moved to Baltimore. I know you'll respond as if it's a black and white matter, but not everyone uses the same criteria that you do, and that's ok, Gipper.....it's ok
Except, even by your criteria, ...none of the coaches went....half the players didn't go...and I don't know what you mean by "the moving parts", and those were all discarded.
They discarded the beds, the stove, the fridge....and moved a few couches and chairs. And they replaced them with other fungibles.
No need to reply with the obligatory Gipper gaslight, hitler-dick ego trip that will spin us into a nuclear winter of stale Browns board dick measuring but of course we all know what's coming.
What is coming is simply accurate truth....not apparently that you care about those things.
-
If the Browns never moved, then I must have had a 5 year long stroke..... The Browns v2.0 - Since 1995.
If the Browns never moved, then I must have had a 5 year long stroke..... The Browns v2.0 - Since 1995.
Why is it that simple accuracy is so difficult to understand. I really don't think it takes a law degree to understand this, though certainly legalities have been at play.
You have an entity that issues "franchises". It can be Burger Kings, Snap On Tools, Auto Dealerships....or NFL teams.
The entitiy that controls...in this case, the NFL, issues "franchises". They have done this since 1920.
Some franchises have come (Houston Texans the newest)...and some franchises have gone (The Dallas Texans in 1952 the last NFL franchise to go under.
The NFL has a Cleveland Browns franchise, which it accepted into the league in 1950 after it was created in the AAFC in 1946. That franchise has continued as a franchise unabated since that time. That franchise has never been "suspended". It took a 3 year recess from playing, but the franchise operated continuously...with offices on Lou Groza Blvd. in Berea Ohio all that time.
The NFL then created a new Franchise...the Baltimore Ravens franchise in 1996. There was an assignation of certain assets to that new franchise that belonged to the Browns franchise that could not be used by the Browns franchise while on hiatus: player contracts and draft picks specifically. This new franchise was awarded in similar process as the creation of the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers just a couple of years earlier.
The ownership of this new franchise was awarded to Art Modell...based on agreements entered into by him and other parties. So,, Art Modell became the owner of a different NFL franchise.......an action, by the way that was NOT unprecedented:
Once upon a time Robert Irsay owned the LA Rams,and Carroll Rosenbloom owned the Baltimore Colts. In the 70s they traded franchises and each became the owner of a second franchise.
Before that, Art Rooney sold out his interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers, then became a co-owner of the Philadelphia Eagles. After a year or two he changed his mind....and repurchased the Steelers from the guy that he had sold them to.
And the Cleveland Browns have not been the only franchise to take a hiatus: The Cleveland Rams did so for one year, and so did those Steelers......years when they "merged" with the Eagles and Cardinals.
So, look, nothing is really new under the sun. Factors associated with the Browns "move" were not unprecedented. The franchise stayed. The house stayed on it foundation. It just got sold and refurnished after a few years.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
