Skip to content

Camp Barnett for #12

The Browns Board
112 12 3.1k
  • One of my favorite things is Gipper digging in his heels about a guy who is easily the top prospect in this draft.

    In three years, this is going to be so much fun to revisit.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    One of my favorite things is Gipper digging in his heels about a guy who is easily the top prospect in this draft.

    In three years, this is going to be so much fun to revisit.

    I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

    As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

    It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

    If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

    (again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

  • Barnett isn't explosive, isn't quick twitch, etc. Solomon is, but Garrett is even more so.

    Solomon won't be there at 12, end of story I think. I believe it's Garrett, as much as I like

    Trubisky.

    But, if it were up to me.... New England is waiting for during the draft to see if they can get a high first round

    pick from a dumb, needy team. Failing that, I think they will stop being asswholes, and trade Garopollo for the

    Browns #33 pick, which gives them two picks at the bottom of the first round. They could do a lot with those.

    Then the rest of the draft the Browns can find cb's/safties.

    The big question is... will Williams think that he has the DL pieces already

    With the 12 pick.... I'm looking at Howard, TE. and...

    I'm looking at Gareon Conley, CB. Watching the combine, though I haven't seen all the

    db's, Conley stands out in drills - he's really fluid on the loose hips drill whatever you call it.

    Either one of those players will be outstanding for the Browns. But, I'm looking at a third

    player.

    Howard, best player. Conley, after a predicted run on cb's... bpa.

    Remember when Eric Fisher, OT/G was drafted at the top of the draft, #1 overall?

    Well, this draft is good at TE's... really deep at dbs.

    I am looking at Forrest Lamp, OT/OG. Why not? this kid would be perfect, could fill in

    at either tackle, start at OG, I think he could start at RT. He's very, very, very smart -

    ranked in the top five in power - loves the game high character ,etc etc.

    The trouble is, waiting for the end of the first round to find out if you get that trade...is so dumb it

    will not happen.

    So what DOES happen? I am not sure that the qb's will go in the top ten.

    Garrett at one, Trubisky at 12, would make most Browns fans happy?

    @calfoxwc said:

    I am looking at Forrest Lamp, OT/OG. Why not? this kid would be perfect, could fill in at either tackle, start at OG, I think he could start at RT. He's very, very, very smart - ranked in the top five in power - loves the game high character ,etc etc.

    ... and he can reportedly play Center.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    One of my favorite things is Gipper digging in his heels about a guy who is easily the top prospect in this draft.

    In three years, this is going to be so much fun to revisit.

    I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

    As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

    It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

    If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

    (again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

    As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

    It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

    If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

    (again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

    So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

  • @mark-o said:

    Garrett at #1 and Barnett at #12? That wouldn't suck I don't think. Barnett broke Reggie Whites sack record at Tennessee so that can't be a bad thing.

    I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

    @the-gipper said:

    I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    @ballpeen said:

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    Only way we take a QB at 12 is if all the QB's fall to that point which is a possibility depending on how FA and any trades shape up in the next few weeks.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    @ballpeen said:

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    Peterman and Dobbs top my mid round wishlist. I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him and he's more athletically talented than Peterman, but I would be happy with either of the two.

  • @ballpeen said:

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    Peterman and Dobbs top my mid round wishlist. I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him and he's more athletically talented than Peterman, but I would be happy with either of the two.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him...

    I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him...

    I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

    I can't shake the feeling he's the guy we have our eye on.

    I'm going back and watching tape on him this week when I have some time. He checks every single box as far as size, intangibles, and athletic ability. Biggest concerns for me are his footwork and his ability to process reads - both of which seem to be general-consensus knocks on him. One can be fixed...while the other could be as well.

    If the guy is anything, it's smart.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am not even denying that he may perhaps be the top prospect in the draft.

    As I said...it is not ME that gets personally affronted that others have a choice they believe in or that perhaps the guy that I want could end up a bust....history only proves that possibility.

    It is these others that get offended that anyone would consider another option other than the guy they want...they guy they think walks on water.

    If the Browns draft him....I hope he does walk on water. But...unlike these other fags....I fully understand the potential for sinkage. They apparently don't.

    (again...Browns history demands that we consider the fallibility of our draft choices)

    So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

    No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

    It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

    And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was thinking QB....our top priority at #1. And sure, while it may be foolish to compare Barnett to White...well, we can dream.

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    @ballpeen said:

    We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.

    I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.

    And why....considering that a QB IS the #1 priority...the #1 biggest hole this team has?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think we'd err more toward Dobbs because Hue apparently enjoyed working with him...

    I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.

    If the Browns do pass on a QB in round one, yes, it makes sense that they may take someone that Hue has worked with before, if even just at Senior Bowl practices.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you understand that Trubisky isn't that good and his potential for sinkage is much higher, then?

    No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

    It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

    And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

    It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

    And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

    Except he's not and its really not even close.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, are you dyslexic? Trub is better than any prospect in this draft.....and his potential for sinkage level is the same as anyone else in the draft.

    It is just a fact though that ANY high 1st round draft pick that goes bust, particularly a QB is perceived to have been a greater disaster than players at other positions....because they are a QB.

    And I suspect YOU know that. You just want to be querulous about it.

    Except he's not and its really not even close.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except he's not and its really not even close.

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except he's not and its really not even close.

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except he's not and its really not even close.

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    And what you claim is also an opinion...and a shitty one at that.

    You can huff and puff and pivot and dig your feet in all you want - Trubisky is a worse prospect than Garrett and we will not be selecting him at #1. But, by all means, continue to create a bunch of useless threads talking about taking different DE's at #12 and convince yourself you're starting logical conversation and not just backdoor pining over a guy that you wouldn't give two fucks about if he weren't from right down the road.

  • Where... "worse" = lower probability of success...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

    @mark-o said:

    I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

    You think these "experts" are infallible? Nope, lots and lots of Sure Things never go to be the Nicolette Sheridan's they were supposed to be. They didn't "put out" as expected.

    3.jpg

  • @mark-o said:

    I'm not sure he can be considered the best QB prospect in the draft when the mock drafts have either Watson, Triblowski, and/or Kizer as the top QB taken. There is no consensus at all. The experts, who get paid to study this stuff, are all over the board with which one is the best. Hes one of the top 3 prospects coming out this year, every one has strengths and weaknesses. If any of them are there at 12 and we take one I wouldn't be disappointed but the Browns are not passing on Garrett at #1.

    You think these "experts" are infallible? Nope, lots and lots of Sure Things never go to be the Nicolette Sheridan's they were supposed to be. They didn't "put out" as expected.

    3.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    You think these "experts" are infallible? Nope, lots and lots of Sure Things never go to be the Nicolette Sheridan's they were supposed to be. They didn't "put out" as expected.

    That's the case at the top of every draft in history. It doesn't change the fact that you're saying that Triblowski is the "consensus best prospect" and that's simply not true except in your own mind. He is one of the 3 top prospects at the QB position.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes... he is not, by most consensus the best PROSPECT, in the draft. But that is the key word: prospect.

    The question is what will these guys do when it comes to actual NFL performance.

    Whatever you claim is Purely an opinion. Call us in 5 years.

    And what you claim is also an opinion...and a shitty one at that.

    You can huff and puff and pivot and dig your feet in all you want - Trubisky is a worse prospect than Garrett and we will not be selecting him at #1. But, by all means, continue to create a bunch of useless threads talking about taking different DE's at #12 and convince yourself you're starting logical conversation and not just backdoor pining over a guy that you wouldn't give two fucks about if he weren't from right down the road.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And what you claim is also an opinion...and a shitty one at that.

    How the FUCK do you know? You don't know shit from shinola about what is going to happen.

    You can huff and puff and pivot and dig your feet in all you want - Trubisky is a worse prospect than Garrett and we will not be selecting him at #1.

    But, by all means, continue to create a bunch of useless threads talking about taking different DE's at #12 and convince yourself you're starting logical conversation and not just backdoor pining over a guy that you wouldn't give two fucks about if he weren't from right down the road.

    You are becoming one dumb pootang hole for your own opinion.

    Again...it has not one fucking thing to do with the fact that he is from "just down the road".

    Charlie Frye was closer down the road than he. (and he and I went to the same college)

    Cardale Jones was closer down the road than he.

    Brian Hoyer was closer down the hole than he.

    You are stuck on an ignorant and wrongheaded factor.

    He has, by some, been given the highest grade for a QB since Andrew Luck.

    Whether of not MT IS or is not the best out there....it is still appropriate to question Garrett.

    Barnett had a better career....by the numbers.

    More sacks.

    More tackles for losses.

    Both in the same 3 year period.

    You can go fag all you want for him.......I still think that it is entirely possible that another DE could turn out better.

    And time will tell.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You think these "experts" are infallible? Nope, lots and lots of Sure Things never go to be the Nicolette Sheridan's they were supposed to be. They didn't "put out" as expected.

    That's the case at the top of every draft in history. It doesn't change the fact that you're saying that Triblowski is the "consensus best prospect" and that's simply not true except in your own mind. He is one of the 3 top prospects at the QB position.

    @mark-o said:

    That's the case at the top of every draft in history. It doesn't change the fact that you're saying that Triblowski is the "consensus best prospect" and that's simply not true except in your own mind. He is one of the 3 top prospects at the QB position.

    OK, if I said that he was consensus, I must of misspoke. I know that not everyone is unanimous on what which QB may be the best prospect.

    Yes, I am only saying that it is my opinion. But I also say that the only thing that prevents him from being essentially the consensus pick is his inexperience.

    And I do think that more services...not a consensus...have him as the top QB prospect.