Skip to content

We're going to sign a big name DB/Safety in the next couple days

The Browns Board
57 29 3.4k
  • D DKAllDay wrote on last edited by
    #1

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

  • According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    Or Cyprien?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #3

    Mary Kay says Browns not one of the teams talking to LA about Johnson so expect him to join Cleveland on Thursday.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    or Jefferson

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Or Jackson?

    One of those ex-Presidents.

  • According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Is T.J. McDonald really that big a name?

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Is T.J. McDonald really that big a name?

    D DKAllDay wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tour2ma said:

    Is T.J. McDonald really that big a name?

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

  • B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Cyprien would be nice

  • @tour2ma said:

    Is T.J. McDonald really that big a name?

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Cyprien please

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by cvcanedy
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    Wouldn't Tj be a trade?

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    did we not have a rams fan in here where you posted a rams writer projecting McDonald & Logan to us?

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'd like to see a safety but not really into a big price tag DB

  • JPPT1974J JPPT1974 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    But how much do you pay that person whoever is coming? It is about value and experience.

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    Who said it's gonna be him? We really don't know. We can speculate. I really hope it's AJ Bouye

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    D DKAllDay wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    I can see that. Doubt we land a big FA because who'd want to come here. It'd likely be a guy who is rising and can cement his status as a star as a Brown

  • I'd like to see a safety but not really into a big price tag DB

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @baconhound said:

    I'd like to see a safety but not really into a big price tag DB

    Why? Is it your money that is being spent?

  • According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    According to Jason Lloyd, (Browns insider) we have a deal ready to be signed with a solid/big name DB or Safety.

    Said Browns are likely to announce the signing in the next couple days.

    Rumors are swirling that we're going to get Trumaine Johnson from the Rams

    Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mark-o said:

    Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

    Yes, and the Rams would probably want at least one of our second round picks. And with the tag, he's going to want Joe Haden money.

  • @mark-o said:

    Wouldn't we have to trade for Johnson because the Rams franchise tagged him last week.

    Yes, and the Rams would probably want at least one of our second round picks. And with the tag, he's going to want Joe Haden money.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @hoorta said:

    Yes, and the Rams would probably want at least one of our second round picks. And with the tag, he's going to want Joe Haden money.

    I think with the tag he's guaranteed like 16+ million per year

    .http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-trade-rumors-surrounding-rams-trumaine-johnson-dont-add-up/

  • @tour2ma said:

    I took a shot... 😉

    TJ seems like the kind of value FA I still expect us to go after once again this year. Plus there's the whole Rams connection thing...

    did we not have a rams fan in here where you posted a rams writer projecting McDonald & Logan to us?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #20

    Again, I have to say that trading high picks for a tagged player may be the stupidest thing any franchise can do.

    @gumby73 said:

    did we not have a rams fan in here where you posted a rams writer projecting McDonald & Logan to us?

    I believe you are thinking about an article I posted of one writer's take on the FA market for all 32 teams.

    McD and Logan were 2 of the 4 FA signings he saw for us. I forget the other two. Anyway the general take was that he made a lot of sense league wide.

    He also saw us resigning TP and Paz.