Skip to content

We're going to sign a big name DB/Safety in the next couple days

The Browns Board
57 29 3.4k
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #42

    What more can the FO than offer more money than other teams?

    You can't force people to sign here

  • Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

    The latest report is that we're actually offering him a bunch of money. So much so that he can't say no. Something to the tune of 12m/yr.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

    The latest report is that we're actually offering him a bunch of money. So much so that he can't say no. Something to the tune of 12m/yr.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The latest report is that we're actually offering him a bunch of money. So much so that he can't say no. Something to the tune of 12m/yr.

    That plus Joe ought to be enough...

  • Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Losing Jefferson to the Ravens hurts so badly. Hurts more that we allegedly offered more money, and we STILL couldn't get him. We want to build through the draft, not through free agency, but that doesn't mean we can totally fail when it comes to bringing in SOME proven talent. It's very early, and I'm not panicking, but this one hurts. Hopefully we can snag Cyprien. He's not "world beater", but he's an instant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for Zeitler, as he's asking for a BUNCH OF MONEY, and I don't see us paying that amount for a Guard.

    Well I think it helps the Ravens secondary but hurts the team overall. They have little cap room and spent probably about half of what they had on Jefferson money they could have spent on their RT. This is a deep DB class they should have focused on getting safety help in the draft. I think having a hole a RT with statuesque Flacco seems more palatable to me.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Looks like we are out on Cyprien, going to the Titans.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #47

    The Browns are going to have to significantly overpay to get any of the top FAs, and even then (as we're currently seeing) it might not be enough to entice a player to jump into the dumpster.

    They saddled this 1-15 pony, now they're gonna ride it.

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #48

    This is the other area I wanted to see the Browns invest in, along with their offensive line. I know the draft is supposed to be heavy with defensive backs, but they seem to so rarely make an impact in their rookie seasons.

    O-Line is fixed. If we can nab a safety here and re-sign Pryor and/or trade for Garropolo, I'm all set for the draft.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Brock Osweiler... Free Safety of the future...

  • Brock Osweiler... Free Safety of the future...

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tour2ma said:

    Brock Osweiler... Free Safety of the future...

    He's 6'7 and runs the 40 in 4.7 flat! What's not to love?

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

  • CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @darren15 said:

    CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

  • @darren15 said:

    CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    Viagra in your case

  • @tour2ma said:

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    Viagra in your case

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Viagra in your case

    I'm guessing that killed in the basement...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    Viagra in your case

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Viagra in your case

    With all these OL signings I think Tour got a "cure".

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Viagra in your case

    With all these OL signings I think Tour got a "cure".

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @texasag1969 said:

    With all these OL signings I think Tour got a "cure".

    😉

  • @darren15 said:

    CBS sports radio just said the Browns could be about to get a deal done for Trumaine Johnson .... nothing mentioned on TV tho

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy fuck... 😮

    Who was it that said they couldn't get more erect?

    Archer .gif I posted a.while ago.