Skip to content

JC Tretter - Center, Packers

The Browns Board
42 21 2.5k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Seems like he's our new starting center

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/3/9/14869496/report-browns-will-sign-c-j-c-tretter-working-on-bitonio-extension

    With a new deal for Bitonio, a new Center, possibly a new guard in Zeitler, things could be OK. Add to that, Bears signing Mike Glennon for many millions means probably one fewer player in the QB drafting market, it could be a good offseason for us.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Nice!

    Z

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #5

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_extending_joe.html

    Not to toot my own horn, but on March 1st I predicted the following:

    -Browns will sign Kenny Britt

    -Browns will sign JC Tretter

    Those have come to pass. My other predictions were:

    -Zeitler, Guard

    -A.J. Bouye, CB

    -T.J. McDonald

    I'll just get my draft predictions out here now:

    Myles Garrett (duh), Davis Webb, Obi Melifonwu, and one of Gerald Everett/EvenEngram/Adam Shaheen.

  • I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @londonbrown said:

    I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.

    Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO

  • http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_extending_joe.html

    Not to toot my own horn, but on March 1st I predicted the following:

    -Browns will sign Kenny Britt

    -Browns will sign JC Tretter

    Those have come to pass. My other predictions were:

    -Zeitler, Guard

    -A.J. Bouye, CB

    -T.J. McDonald

    I'll just get my draft predictions out here now:

    Myles Garrett (duh), Davis Webb, Obi Melifonwu, and one of Gerald Everett/EvenEngram/Adam Shaheen.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @osiris said:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_extending_joe.html

    Not to toot my own horn, but on March 1st I predicted the following:

    -Browns will sign Kenny Britt

    -Browns will sign JC Tretter

    Those have come to pass. My other predictions were:

    -Zeitler, Guard

    -A.J. Bouye, CB

    -T.J. McDonald

    I'll just get my draft predictions out here now:

    Myles Garrett (duh), Davis Webb, Obi Melifonwu, and one of Gerald Everett/EvenEngram/Adam Shaheen.

    Nicely done.... (so far) 😉

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Nice pickup

  • I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @londonbrown said:

    I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #10

    $8.5m a year apparently, not seen anything about guarantees

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Can't see us seriously getting Zeitler now. But that's ok...center was a mess last year, and now it's not. And Austin Reiter could be a nice backup option.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Center was the glaring weakness on the OL and this would hopefully take care of it. A guard would be nice but Greco is no slouch. A tackle would be nice but between Coleman and Erving (and I doubt Pasztor gets signed on day one of free agency) we'll be ok there.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    This move is getting a lot of praise on twitter

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #14

    This move I like a lot.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    From Packers. Great move

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I have been pushing Tretter for a while now..

    Good lord, a solid FA move by Cleveland? Who is pulling the strings in Berea, and what blackmail material does he have on Haslam to keep his yap shut?

  • I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.

    Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.

    Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.

    Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.

    Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.

    Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO

    Nope....they would not make that investment into the OL for an afterthought. If they do go Garrett at 1...that #12 would be a QB I think.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?

    I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot

    I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @osiris said:

    I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.

    Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?

    Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?

    Don't be surprised.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.

    Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.

    Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.

    Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.

    Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.

    Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.

    Coleman really needed a year to bulk up a bit more, if he has done that he should be able to become a solid contributor.