Browns trade for BROCK OSWEILER
-
Overthecap has Collins at 26m guaranteed, kuelchy at 34m, bout same per year average. Considering the cap went up and inflation, not kuelchy money imo. Agree to disagree.
On Taylor, you seemed dismayed that we "overpaid", yet condone it for players you want?
Not saying you have to like it, but at least it's a plan rather than the typical rudderless ship.
-
-
Overthecap has Collins at 26m guaranteed, kuelchy at 34m, bout same per year average. Considering the cap went up and inflation, not kuelchy money imo. Agree to disagree.
On Taylor, you seemed dismayed that we "overpaid", yet condone it for players you want?
Not saying you have to like it, but at least it's a plan rather than the typical rudderless ship.
Overthecap has Collins at 26m guaranteed, kuelchy at 34m, bout same per year average. Considering the cap went up and inflation, not kuelchy money imo. Agree to disagree.
On Taylor, you seemed dismayed that we "overpaid", yet condone it for players you want?
Not saying you have to like it, but at least it's a plan rather than the typical rudderless ship.
Not at all upset about overpaying him. Unfortunately to keep and retain quality players the Browns will have to overpay. How much you overpay is another issue. I'm ok with Collins because we need his defensive presence and he's proven over a couple of years that he can play. I'm ok with Taylor because we didn't overpay a lot and we can use the secondary depth. I would have loved Jefferson since we are in desperate need of a really good hybrid safety/LB. Like the Zeitler move since you can't have enough O Line talent given what our QB prospects are. I'm lukewarm on Bitonio because his health is a concern. I don't like the Britt deal. I think Torrey Smith is a better, younger, prospect and Brit's deal should have been more in line with that since we aren't an aging WR away.
To the crux of the whole thread. I don't see the Osweiler deal as a huge win. It may pan out in 3-5 years as a solid business decision but if it takes out of spending a little extra for a Jefferson or a Poe, it was a failure.
-
It was a creative way of using an extra asset (cap rollover) to acquire a draft pick. Use it or lose it. Shrewd bending of the rules. Otherwise, jimmuh pockets that money.
If anything, it shows he ain't being cheap.
How exactly did this trade hurt the brown?
Because they whiffed on a serious piece like Tony Jefferson, added a journeyman underachiever like Kenny Britt and will use this as somehow proving they know what the fuck they're doing.
Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office
And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.
And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...
Ditto for Zeitler...
Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office
Shon and I will remember you said this...
Pfft.....Schwartz started from day one and NEVER missed a snap....everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......for 4 years.....
Coleman didnt even get a snap till something like week 10....
No comparison here(so far).....not even the same universe.....
True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.
With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?
-
And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.
And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...
Ditto for Zeitler...
Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office
Shon and I will remember you said this...
Pfft.....Schwartz started from day one and NEVER missed a snap....everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......for 4 years.....
Coleman didnt even get a snap till something like week 10....
No comparison here(so far).....not even the same universe.....
True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.
With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?
And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.
And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...
Ditto for Zeitler...
Shon and I will remember you said this...
True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.
With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?
Tour you're better than that. No one is calling Taylor a failure but his salary puts him 38th in salary for DBs which puts him ahead of players like Munnerlyn & Gay who have performed for years. If he starts 19 games next year at corner it's a bargain but if the Browns went DB in the first or second round none of us would be surprised. If he's a rotation guy that is too much, time will tell. I'm probably a bit of a DB hater because the rules of the league combined with a lack of a pass rush can negate good DB play.
I don't want to be a Shon hater but he's still an unknown. Many second rounders each draft become irrelevant very quickly and getting one for this Osweiler move is a question mark for maybe 1-3 years from now.
One thing I do know and have yet to mention it since all reports are to the contrary but it is possible that Osweiler ends up on the roster. We all know that having multiple NFL starters, when neither are franchise guys at this point in their career, are on a bad team it's a recipe for disaster. We've watched that movie too many times. If we are into week 4 saying "give Osweiler a shot", the circus will be back in town.
-
Oh god, you're one of those?
Jefferson took less money to play with the Ravens. What, exactly, the fuck, are the browns supposed to do? Player also have a choice in this dance...Were not the prettiest girl in the room. Your whining is petty and unrealistic.
-
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.Choco, meet baconhound...
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
-
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.Choco, meet baconhound...
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
-
If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
I can be a negative bastard and I want to be on board but it's been so long since we've had a glimmer. Sheesh I had more life during the Holcomb/Anderson era than I do now. I hope I'm 100% wrong because that means the team is successful and that's what we all want.
-
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.Choco, meet baconhound...
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
Amen!
Mike
-
-
-
Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.Choco, meet baconhound...
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.
flaming homosexual.
-
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
-
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
Cut him. I hate to say it but teams with a QB competition are rarely successful. I'm not a 100% sold on Kessler but I'm 95% sure it has to suck being an NFL QB knowing the stadium will turn on you from start to start. If Osweiler is on the roster and we start 1-4 and Kessler is struggling it will be Osweiler, then Kessler, then Osweiler.
-
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5"
...Let's Make a Deal?..Zona has 34M in cap space. Paying back-up Drew fudging Stanton who's age 32 about 3.2M. We pay 11M they pay 5M..or match Drews 3.2M and get this done with the 2nd rounder in pocket.. -
So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?
News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5"
...Let's Make a Deal?..Zona has 34M in cap space. Paying back-up Drew fudging Stanton who's age 32 about 3.2M. We pay 11M they pay 5M..or match Drews 3.2M and get this done with the 2nd rounder in pocket..News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5"
...Let's Make a Deal? More likely that was arranged many months in advance, possibly before the fall from grace. Sometimes tea leaves are just tea leaves.
-
So is it safe to say you've stopped walking from station to station and have jumped on the train? See the glass half full?
Jesus, war... you part elephant or something? I'd forgotten about that stroll.
Still walking down the tracks... still ahead of the train. Been a long time since I've even heard a whistle.
The glass? It was half-full... but I got thirsty.
-
Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.
only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.
flaming homosexual.
Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers on the keyboard.only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.
flaming homosexual.
Imma just leave ya be mik.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login