Skip to content

Browns trade for BROCK OSWEILER

The Browns Board
264 57 11.3k
  • @choco said:

    It was a creative way of using an extra asset (cap rollover) to acquire a draft pick. Use it or lose it. Shrewd bending of the rules. Otherwise, jimmuh pockets that money.

    If anything, it shows he ain't being cheap.

    How exactly did this trade hurt the brown?

    Because they whiffed on a serious piece like Tony Jefferson, added a journeyman underachiever like Kenny Britt and will use this as somehow proving they know what the fuck they're doing.

    Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.

    And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...

    Ditto for Zeitler...

    @baconhound said:

    Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office

    Shon and I will remember you said this...

    @mudfly said:

    Pfft.....Schwartz started from day one and NEVER missed a snap....everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......for 4 years.....

    Coleman didnt even get a snap till something like week 10....

    No comparison here(so far).....not even the same universe.....

    True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.

    With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?

  • And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.

    And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...

    Ditto for Zeitler...

    @baconhound said:

    Great they are smart enough to spend $16 million of money they refuse to allocate on real talent to draft another Shon Coleman, kudos to the back office

    Shon and I will remember you said this...

    @mudfly said:

    Pfft.....Schwartz started from day one and NEVER missed a snap....everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......for 4 years.....

    Coleman didnt even get a snap till something like week 10....

    No comparison here(so far).....not even the same universe.....

    True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.

    With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound

    @tour2ma said:

    And here I thought we got Taylor dirt cheap, he played well for us and and we extended him at a very fair price. But I guess rather than an analytics success story it was miserable failure.

    And if we did slightly overpay for Collins, then I can live with that. Sent a signal...

    Ditto for Zeitler...

    Shon and I will remember you said this...

    True, but then Schwartz reported healthy whereas Shon reported following Dec. 30th knee surgery.

    With Paz minding the store, did we really miss Schwartz that much?

    Tour you're better than that. No one is calling Taylor a failure but his salary puts him 38th in salary for DBs which puts him ahead of players like Munnerlyn & Gay who have performed for years. If he starts 19 games next year at corner it's a bargain but if the Browns went DB in the first or second round none of us would be surprised. If he's a rotation guy that is too much, time will tell. I'm probably a bit of a DB hater because the rules of the league combined with a lack of a pass rush can negate good DB play.

    I don't want to be a Shon hater but he's still an unknown. Many second rounders each draft become irrelevant very quickly and getting one for this Osweiler move is a question mark for maybe 1-3 years from now.

    One thing I do know and have yet to mention it since all reports are to the contrary but it is possible that Osweiler ends up on the roster. We all know that having multiple NFL starters, when neither are franchise guys at this point in their career, are on a bad team it's a recipe for disaster. We've watched that movie too many times. If we are into week 4 saying "give Osweiler a shot", the circus will be back in town.

  • Oh god, you're one of those?

    Jefferson took less money to play with the Ravens. What, exactly, the fuck, are the browns supposed to do? Player also have a choice in this dance...Were not the prettiest girl in the room. Your whining is petty and unrealistic.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Your whining is petty and unrealistic.

    Choco, meet baconhound...

  • @choco said:

    Your whining is petty and unrealistic.

    Choco, meet baconhound...

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    Choco, meet baconhound...

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Choco, meet baconhound...

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am.

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

  • @choco said:

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am.

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

    @choco said:

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    I can be a negative bastard and I want to be on board but it's been so long since we've had a glimmer. Sheesh I had more life during the Holcomb/Anderson era than I do now. I hope I'm 100% wrong because that means the team is successful and that's what we all want.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Choco, meet baconhound...

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    @choco said:

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    Amen!

    Mike

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    Sall good man...You'll come around in November and be feeling the good again ?

  • @choco said:

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am.

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

    So is it safe to say you've stopped walking from station to station and have jumped on the train? See the glass half full?

  • @roycerolls said:

    Choco, meet baconhound...

    Can't speak to that, took a break for a while. I understand where he's coming from, but I don't want the past to prevent fans from the enjoyment of what could be building here. Reserved skepticism, if you will.

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

    flaming homosexual.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

  • So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

    Cut him. I hate to say it but teams with a QB competition are rarely successful. I'm not a 100% sold on Kessler but I'm 95% sure it has to suck being an NFL QB knowing the stadium will turn on you from start to start. If Osweiler is on the roster and we start 1-4 and Kessler is struggling it will be Osweiler, then Kessler, then Osweiler.

  • So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @texasag1969 said:

    So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

    News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5" 😉 ...Let's Make a Deal?..Zona has 34M in cap space. Paying back-up Drew fudging Stanton who's age 32 about 3.2M. We pay 11M they pay 5M..or match Drews 3.2M and get this done with the 2nd rounder in pocket..

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So back to the original question on Brockles, what are we going to do with him if we can't trade him? That seems to be the case so far so now what?

    News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5" 😉 ...Let's Make a Deal?..Zona has 34M in cap space. Paying back-up Drew fudging Stanton who's age 32 about 3.2M. We pay 11M they pay 5M..or match Drews 3.2M and get this done with the 2nd rounder in pocket..

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    News is News..NFL.com-Brockles spent Saturday in a charity Flag Football Tourney at Arizona Cardinals Facility.A benefit to former QB Kurt Warner-1st things 1st Foundation...Well 1st thing-C.Palmer is 37..2nd-- they have no back-up QB plan..3rd-Oss played at Zona State..4th--Both QB's would be 6'5" 😉 ...Let's Make a Deal?

    More likely that was arranged many months in advance, possibly before the fall from grace. Sometimes tea leaves are just tea leaves.

  • @tour2ma said:

    If you get tired, I'll be happy to spell you for a while.

    So is it safe to say you've stopped walking from station to station and have jumped on the train? See the glass half full?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    So is it safe to say you've stopped walking from station to station and have jumped on the train? See the glass half full?

    Jesus, war... you part elephant or something? I'd forgotten about that stroll.

    Still walking down the tracks... still ahead of the train. Been a long time since I've even heard a whistle.

    The glass? It was half-full... but I got thirsty.

  • @choco said:

    Sounds like I'm holding a torch for this FO...Maybe I am. Only competent, unified guys I've ever seen in this FO.

    only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

    flaming homosexual.

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by choco

    @miktoxic said:

    only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

    flaming homosexual.

    Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

    Imma just leave ya be mik.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Really...

  • @miktoxic said:

    only cuz sashi is sexy in your eyes. if he were rob ryan lookin mfer you'd be crying for his head. let's give it 8 weeks into the season. i got a six pack saying you'll be exposed as a dumbass cuz you'll be screaming to fire everyone when they've only won 2 games. tick fucking tock.

    flaming homosexual.

    Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

    Imma just leave ya be mik.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

    Imma just leave ya be mik.

    Lol. Just checkin to see if ur still breathing.

    God i miss ghoolie...

    Actually LOVE the moves this FO has made in FA so far. Just weary as this franchise has broken my heart before. It'd be great if the browns were world beaters this year think it's not gonna happen so fast.

  • @choco said:

    Seems like every time I respond to you, your anxiety is in danger of breaking your fingers​ on the keyboard.

    Imma just leave ya be mik.

    Lol. Just checkin to see if ur still breathing.

    God i miss ghoolie...

    Actually LOVE the moves this FO has made in FA so far. Just weary as this franchise has broken my heart before. It'd be great if the browns were world beaters this year think it's not gonna happen so fast.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    Lol. Just checkin to see if ur still breathing.

    God i miss ghoolie...

    Actually LOVE the moves this FO has made in FA so far. Just weary as this franchise has broken my heart before. It'd be great if the browns were world beaters this year think it's not gonna happen so fast.

    Uh oh, I'm beginning the hear a little off season August optimism creeping in here. 😁

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    A couple of years? NEXT YEAR.

    (one of the years, I'm nailing it.....)