Skip to content

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

The Browns Board
305 19 6.4k
  • Interesting Pick you made for a SS Tour-I was looking through available SSs or CB's for you in case you were gone all day. Figured you didn't want a QB now either.

  • Interesting Pick you made for a SS Tour-I was looking through available SSs or CB's for you in case you were gone all day. Figured you didn't want a QB now either.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Interesting Pick you made for a SS Tour-I was looking through available SSs or CB's for you in case you were gone all day. Figured you didn't want a QB now either.

    I really liked what I saw of the kid when I watched UNC for UKnowWho. And then he posted great Combine numbers...

    I chuckled when I read Zerlein's write up for NFL.com about his raw aggression. Seems made for Williams' D...

  • Five picks ahead of me before I go again. It is after 6:00, so it seems at this point that I may not be getting around to mine until morning...assuming others who are ahead of me have picked.

  • Seem 'bout right, Gip....

  • Tour sent me a message saying I'm on the clock but I don't think gftChris has made his pick yet

  • Tour sent me a message saying I'm on the clock but I don't think gftChris has made his pick yet

    @connerlangford said:

    Tour sent me a message saying I'm on the clock but I don't think gftChris has made his pick yet

    Actually said "you are on deck"... AKA "in the on deck circle" or next up.

    Chris is on the clock...

  • Some of these picks may not match with the team needs..

    NYG aren't happy with their OL just because they were able to sign Future Hall Of Famer DJ Fluker.. they need at least 1 LB ideally 2, an OT [Fluker is at best a maybe.. if he's the answer what was the question] and a TE. Rhett Ellison isn't an answer to anything other than "Who is the 45th best player on any team" .. and someone named Johnathan Hankins needs to be resigned or replaced..

    Jacksonville needs an OT, yes, and an RB seems nice.. but they really need top DE help because Dante Fowler is a bust.

    Carolina needs upgrades at both OT spots and CB after someone named Josh Norman left town.. Hint: TreDavious White is available, and Atlanta needs DT help not DB so he'll be available at your spot..

    New Orleans.. has arguably the absolute worst starting LB's in the league.. Two fossils named James Laurinaitis and Paul Kruger logged substantial time for them this past season.

    Philadelphia.. Starts 2 CB's who wouldn't make the Browns roster, signed Alshon Jeffrey in free agency, and first round goes WR?

    Indy.. Frank Gore went for 1k last season, none of their LB would take undrafted Cam Johnson's place on the Browns' roster.. and round 2 is a RB? Put it this way.. they just signed someone named Barkevious Mingo..

    Tampa Bay.. They have 2 good-to-great LB's in Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David and zero safeties with NFL-caliber coverage skills.. and the first round is ILB?

    Denver.. Okung signed with Chargers, so even after signing Menelik Watson, they need 2 starting OT's.. Yes, TE/WR may be usefully interesting, but they have significant holes especially with Ware retired.

    Detroit.. They have Ziggy Ansah and Kenny Hyder, so I'd think their barely-NFL-caliber DT's would be the need rather than Carl Lawson in the 2. And none of their starting LB corps would make the 2017 Browns roster [Levy was released].

    Oakland.. Another team needing 3 new LB's and 2 new DT's yet received none so far..

    Seattle.. They've needed OL help seemingly forever, yet no OL help has arrived yet. Wait, I forgot about Luke Joeckel.. just like every team he's played for.

  • @connerlangford said:

    Tour sent me a message saying I'm on the clock but I don't think gftChris has made his pick yet

    Actually said "you are on deck"... AKA "in the on deck circle" or next up.

    Chris is on the clock...

    @tour2ma said:

    Actually said "you are on deck"... AKA "in the on deck circle" or next up.

    Chris is on the clock...

    I read it wrong. My bad

  • Indy signed Barkevious Mingo and another guy named Jabaal Sheard, I'm not sure but I think they both have Superbowl Rings?

    Frank Gore was old when he played for the 49ers... People act like a 1000 yards is something to be excited about, if you ain't at 1500+ see me when you step your game up.

    The Colts found an upgraded line and a workhorse that will punish the defense.

    ...we're not done yet.

  • OK I'm here! Let me make the pick now(ish)

  • Welcome back chris. Send a PM on to ConnerL after you pick. Thanks.

  • Bad timing for me - I am (hopefully) starting a new job, but it involves a shit ton of paperwork, meetings and the rest. Last night I went in for a 6pm meeting, followed by drinks, got home and crashed. Woke up this morning to see I was on the clock!

  • That would be to ConnerLangford chris.

  • Yep, I've sent the PM now, thanks

  • Some of these picks may not match with the team needs..

    NYG aren't happy with their OL just because they were able to sign Future Hall Of Famer DJ Fluker.. they need at least 1 LB ideally 2, an OT [Fluker is at best a maybe.. if he's the answer what was the question] and a TE. Rhett Ellison isn't an answer to anything other than "Who is the 45th best player on any team" .. and someone named Johnathan Hankins needs to be resigned or replaced..

    Jacksonville needs an OT, yes, and an RB seems nice.. but they really need top DE help because Dante Fowler is a bust.

    Carolina needs upgrades at both OT spots and CB after someone named Josh Norman left town.. Hint: TreDavious White is available, and Atlanta needs DT help not DB so he'll be available at your spot..

    New Orleans.. has arguably the absolute worst starting LB's in the league.. Two fossils named James Laurinaitis and Paul Kruger logged substantial time for them this past season.

    Philadelphia.. Starts 2 CB's who wouldn't make the Browns roster, signed Alshon Jeffrey in free agency, and first round goes WR?

    Indy.. Frank Gore went for 1k last season, none of their LB would take undrafted Cam Johnson's place on the Browns' roster.. and round 2 is a RB? Put it this way.. they just signed someone named Barkevious Mingo..

    Tampa Bay.. They have 2 good-to-great LB's in Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David and zero safeties with NFL-caliber coverage skills.. and the first round is ILB?

    Denver.. Okung signed with Chargers, so even after signing Menelik Watson, they need 2 starting OT's.. Yes, TE/WR may be usefully interesting, but they have significant holes especially with Ware retired.

    Detroit.. They have Ziggy Ansah and Kenny Hyder, so I'd think their barely-NFL-caliber DT's would be the need rather than Carl Lawson in the 2. And none of their starting LB corps would make the 2017 Browns roster [Levy was released].

    Oakland.. Another team needing 3 new LB's and 2 new DT's yet received none so far..

    Seattle.. They've needed OL help seemingly forever, yet no OL help has arrived yet. Wait, I forgot about Luke Joeckel.. just like every team he's played for.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Some of these picks may not match with the team needs..

    NYG aren't happy with their OL just because they were able to sign Future Hall Of Famer DJ Fluker.. they need at least 1 LB ideally 2, an OT [Fluker is at best a maybe.. if he's the answer what was the question] and a TE. Rhett Ellison isn't an answer to anything other than "Who is the 45th best player on any team" .. and someone named Johnathan Hankins needs to be resigned or replaced..

    "Hey look Mom, the game comes complete with a GM Guru" 😛. Yep had the choice of McCaffery or Cam Robinson? Decided on playmaker that could score some damn points.Giants can't score TD's.

  • Some of these picks may not match with the team needs..

    You forgot Baltimore picking a DE who is an end of 4th early 5th round prospect in the 2nd

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/DE

    And Baltimore actually taking 2 Defensive Ends when they have Timmy Jernigan and play a 3-4

    Also Washington not addressing their biggest need at WR

    You missed those 2 🙂

    Unsympathetic =

    mel_kiper_jr-1024x538.jpg

  • Yep, I've sent the PM now, thanks

    @gftchris said:

    Yep, I've sent the PM now, thanks

    Guess that means I'm on deck... whatever that means. 😉

  • @gftchris said:

    Yep, I've sent the PM now, thanks

    Guess that means I'm on deck... whatever that means. 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Guess that means I'm on deck... whatever that means. 😉

    Presumably you start tapping the wheatgrass smoothies.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Guess that means I'm on deck... whatever that means. 😉

    Presumably you start tapping the wheatgrass smoothies.

    @gftchris said:

    Presumably you start tapping the rum.

    I don't know about on deck, but I'm certainly on board with this. 😛

  • Great... another "rum thread."