Skip to content

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

The Browns Board
305 19 6.4k
  • With the 15th pick of the draft, Poetic hands Andrew Luck 2 more concussions and zero additional protection.

    @tiamat63 said:

    With the 15th pick of the draft, Poetic hands Andrew Luck 2 more concussions and zero additional protection.

    I see, I see... fixed it. Is that legal?

  • From what I've read Solomon Thomas will be a 3 tech in the NFL not an edge guy

  • From what I've read Solomon Thomas will be a 3 tech in the NFL not an edge guy

    @londonbrown said:

    From what I've read Solomon Thomas will be a 3 tech in the NFL not an edge guy

    All I know is he had almost as good a combine as Garrett and an excellent season this past year. Wherever we play him it will add to QB misery. The more of those DL's we have the better. We got tired in the second half of every game last year because the O just kept giving the ball back. Fresh legs with talent will win us some games. Unfortunately Solomon will be gone already in real life draft. I'm betting top 5.

  • I wish I'd seen Watson's ball velocity reading from the combine before picking him there.

    Sorry Jets fans...

  • It's Corey Davis not Williams FYI

  • I wish I'd seen Watson's ball velocity reading from the combine before picking him there.

    Sorry Jets fans...

    @londonbrown said:

    I wish I'd seen Watson's ball velocity reading from the combine before picking him there.

    Sorry Jets fans...

    Officer Doofy reporting for dooty!

  • Just be thankful this draft is not in New York the fireman and his followers would be booing the crap out of this place ๐Ÿ™‚

  • Tennessee Titans GM goes to sleep tonight very happy with his days haul ๐Ÿ™‚

  • Yup... guilty as charged. Wrestled with it... especially Hooker. But BPA won out...

    If Allen was there I take him, but he was not. But Solomon, who I see as more Allen-like than true Edge, unexpectedly was.

    I simply could not resist.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... guilty as charged. Wrestled with it... especially Hooker. But BPA won out...

    If Allen was there I take him, but he was not. But Solomon, who I see as more Allen-like than true Edge, unexpectedly was.

    I simply could not resist.

    It is a ridiculous pick. With a #2 and a #3 last year used on DEs...you use both #1 and #12 on DEs?

  • Browns took Bosa, Leonard Floyd and Sterling Shepherd last year .... ๐Ÿ™‚ check last years draft

  • So what are you doing with our current semi-promising edge guys, Tour.

    And what is One Post smoking? Philly just landed their QBOTF and now they draft Trubisky? Always gotta be one guy that ruins it....

    @wargograw said:

    So what are you doing with our current semi-promising edge guys, Tour.

    Replacing them with better ones...

    If they grow, continue to develop, then they'll make great trade capital.

    Barring injury I don't see anyone on the roster that could keep Garrett-Thomas from being our starters. Do you?

    @londonbrown said:

    From what I've read Solomon Thomas will be a 3 tech in the NFL not an edge guy

    Too light to live inside as a steady diet at this point IMO. In our base I see him as a 5 or 7 tech opposite Myles' 7/9 tech, but dropping inside to the 3 in sub packages.

  • Picks should reflect that NMopar now has the #32 in round 1 due to the trade from last night [NE gets Cooks and NO's 2017 rd4#118, NO gets NE's 2017 round1 and round 3#103]

  • Don't Carolina have Patriots 2nd rounder too ?

  • Picks should reflect that NMopar now has the #32 in round 1 due to the trade from last night [NE gets Cooks and NO's 2017 rd4#118, NO gets NE's 2017 round1 and round 3#103]

    @unsympathetic said:

    Picks should reflect that NMopar now has the #32 in round 1 due to the trade from last night [NE gets Cooks and NO's 2017 rd4#118, NO gets NE's 2017 round1 and round 3#103]

    Good catch... I'm on it.

  • HEY GUMBY...

    Fix your inbox... can't send messages to you.... probably is full....

  • Pats traded 2nd to Carolina for a defensive end...is that this years 2nd or next ?

  • 2017

  • Pats traded 2nd to Carolina for a defensive end...is that this years 2nd or next ?

    @darren15 said:

    Pats traded 2nd to Carolina for a defensive end...is that this years 2nd or next ?

    @unsympathetic said:

    2017

    I see it ... but is it confirmed?

    According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Panthers have traded defensive end Kony Ealy to the Patriots along with a third-round pick, and will get New Englandโ€™s second-round pick in return.

    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Carolina trading DE Kony Ealy and a third-round pick to Patriots in exchange for New England's second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

    EDIT: Also just saw this...

    Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2017, 11:57 AM EST

    The good news for the Patriots is that they will be getting back the fourth-round pick that the NFL previously stripped as part of the #DeflateGate punishment. The bad news is that pick No. 132 will be restored only because the fourth-round pick that the Patriots are picking up from the Saints as part of the Brandin Cooks trade will be taken by the league.

    Sooner or later were going to have to cut off updates. From here on I suggest once a round starts at least that round is frozen... and if folks are really thinking ahead that might not be enough.

  • As if that wasn't confusing enough, the saints could actually contact any team in the 4th interested in moving up.. because the NFL said they're going to take whichever one's higher, not a specific pick

  • HEY GUMBY...

    Fix your inbox... can't send messages to you.... probably is full....

    @tour2ma said:

    HEY GUMBY...

    Fix your inbox... can't send messages to you.... probably is full....

    Am here... but sure wanted to fix Foster up with a hot Miami nurse ๐Ÿ™‚ Plan B in progress (T sent 7:18am PM your blocked?)