Skip to content

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

The Browns Board
305 19 6.4k
  • The Seahawks and Chiefs both needed CB help but with only 2 off the board so far, as well as the depth of the position this year, the decided to beef up their front 7s. I was going to go OL for the Seahawks but with the top tackles off the board and their forays into FA, I went with the Brantley out of Florida. The Chiefs would've taken Brantley to help replace Poe but with him off the board and no other DT/NT types ranking high enough, decided to draft the (hopeful) successor to Derrick Johnson at the ILB spot in Zach Cunningham.

    @taco918 said:

    The Seahawks and Chiefs both needed CB help but with only 2 off the board so far, as well as the depth of the position this year, the decided to beef up their front 7s. I was going to go OL for the Seahawks but with the top tackles off the board and their forays into FA, I went with the Brantley out of Florida. The Chiefs would've taken Brantley to help replace Poe but with him off the board and no other DT/NT types ranking high enough, decided to draft the (hopeful) successor to Derrick Johnson at the ILB spot in Zach Cunningham.

    Good thought process...

  • Ill be there cor puck #32 Thanks

  • Ill be there cor puck #32 Thanks

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Ill be there cor puck #32 Thanks

    Good man... I hope we get to you...

    Flying J has been PM'd...

    I'm primed...

    Chris is lurking, but it's getting late in GMT.... and I think he loses an hours sleep tonite as well.

  • I'm surprised at:

    1) TB taking Foster.. They already have Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David, and somebody comes off the field in nickel situations. If anything they'd take OT [Ramcyzk] or RB [McCaffery] to bolster the offense.

    2) McKinley above Thomas

    3) Chargers doing anything other than OT.. both Dunlap and Barksdale were horrid. Their top 4 needs are in order: both OT and both OG.

  • Pretty good start... but it's like 01:30 in UK so might not see Chris tonite... then again Brits can be nite owls...

    McMillan was a bit of a reachy, need pick for PTG with the #30, but at least Shazier has an Alum by his side.

  • Pretty good start... but it's like 01:30 in UK so might not see Chris tonite... then again Brits can be nite owls...

    McMillan was a bit of a reachy, need pick for PTG with the #30, but at least Shazier has an Alum by his side.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty good start... but it's like 01:30 in UK so might not see Chris tonite... then again Brits can be nite owls...

    McMillan was a bit of a reachy, need pick for PTG with the #30, but at least Shazier has an Alum by his side.

    Not a bad reach Tour. bet we see chris about 230am cst.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pretty good start... but it's like 01:30 in UK so might not see Chris tonite... then again Brits can be nite owls...

    McMillan was a bit of a reachy, need pick for PTG with the #30, but at least Shazier has an Alum by his side.

    Not a bad reach Tour. bet we see chris about 230am cst.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not a bad reach Tour. bet we see chris about 230am cst.

    You mean 02:30 CDT.... 😛

    Spring ahead, y'all...

  • I sent chris a PM this morning, but he still appears to be offline. Shall we give him till noon "CDT"?

  • FYI--Washington's CB Sidney Jones suffered apparent left leg injury at his Pro Day yesterday.Carted off..absolutely sucks for a projected round 1 kid..Get Well soon Sidney Jones..(may just fall to Browns when real bullets fly) hope this is legal, if not your welcome

  • I sent chris a PM this morning, but he still appears to be offline. Shall we give him till noon "CDT"?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I sent chris a PM this morning, but he still appears to be offline. Shall we give him till noon "CDT"?

    Then he has at least two PMs... 😉

    Not inclined to hurry at this point... we did not quite get to him and I hesitate to step on 1st round picks.

    Plus if Gip takes Sunday off per usual, then we won't get too much further anyway.

  • Sorry for the delay gents - time difference, lazy sunday morning etc. I'm on it now.

  • You took Tours pick there Chris ....he was going to pick Harris as we are a little light at DE 🙂

  • Rd 1 is done!!!

  • Rd 1 is done!!!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Rd 1 is done!!!

    PM sent to Tour-should be bringing up round 2 and making the Browns pick real soon. I have SF pick ready to go when he does.

  • Forgot to mention the pats/panthers trade, we need to update that as well.

  • FYI--Washington's CB Sidney Jones suffered apparent left leg injury at his Pro Day yesterday.Carted off..absolutely sucks for a projected round 1 kid..Get Well soon Sidney Jones..(may just fall to Browns when real bullets fly) hope this is legal, if not your welcome

    @gumby73 said:

    FYI--Washington's CB Sidney Jones suffered apparent left leg injury at his Pro Day yesterday.Carted off..absolutely sucks for a projected round 1 kid..Get Well soon Sidney Jones..(may just fall to Browns when real bullets fly) hope this is legal, if not your welcome

    Now seeing reports Sidney tore his achilles... 🙁

    Wanna guess who I had penciled in on my card last nite? (and, no, darren, it was not Harris...)

    I'll erase and rewrite here in a bit...

    @gftchris said:

    Sorry for the delay gents - time difference, lazy sunday morning etc. I'm on it now.

    Not to worry, we did not get to you in time...

  • @gumby73 said:

    FYI--Washington's CB Sidney Jones suffered apparent left leg injury at his Pro Day yesterday.Carted off..absolutely sucks for a projected round 1 kid..Get Well soon Sidney Jones..(may just fall to Browns when real bullets fly) hope this is legal, if not your welcome

    Now seeing reports Sidney tore his achilles... 🙁

    Wanna guess who I had penciled in on my card last nite? (and, no, darren, it was not Harris...)

    I'll erase and rewrite here in a bit...

    @gftchris said:

    Sorry for the delay gents - time difference, lazy sunday morning etc. I'm on it now.

    Not to worry, we did not get to you in time...

    @tour2ma said:

    Now seeing reports Sidney tore his achilles... 🙁

    Wanna guess who I had penciled in on my card last nite? (and, no, darren, it was not Harris...)

    sending my cracked medical team in to take a look. My beer budget wants reimbursed

  • @texasag1969 said:

    PM to Gipper.......................Who was helping him on the weekends?

    No one I know of... We can wait for him this early.

    I think rounds 1 thru 3 are ones to not step in. We'll ask for a back up plan for this coming weekend.

    In fact, I will likely need one myself... as a trip was delayed from Mar 3-5 to Mar 17-19.

  • Agree-we went through Rd 1 in record time.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    PM to Gipper.......................Who was helping him on the weekends?

    No one I know of... We can wait for him this early.

    I think rounds 1 thru 3 are ones to not step in. We'll ask for a back up plan for this coming weekend.

    In fact, I will likely need one myself... as a trip was delayed from Mar 3-5 to Mar 17-19.

    @tour2ma said:

    No one I know of... We can wait for him this early.

    Didnt we spend all last draft waiting for him too??.......

    @texasag1969 said:

    Agree-we went through Rd 1 in record time.

    Screeeee............

    (there are the brakes)