Favorite Bands
-
Good morning ladies and gents. I really love music. I'm a very eclectic person. I don't have a favorite genre to speak of but I really love music.
I know some, if not all of you love music too. So this thread is intended to spark conversation about music. Name your favorite bands/artists and their greatest hit in your minds. I'll get us started.
1. Nirvana
Greatest Song: All Apologies
2. Hootie and the Blowfish
Greatest Song: Let Her Cry
3. Prince
Greatest Song: Tie between Diamonds and Pearls and Purple Rain
4. Michael Jackson
Greatest Song: Man in the Mirror
5. Tupac Shakur
Greatest Song: Unconditional Love
6. Marvin Gaye
Greatest Song: Tie between Heard It Through the Grapevine and Inner City Blues
7. Aaliyah
Greatest Song: One in a Million
8. B.B. King
Greatest Song: The Thrill is Gone
9. Aretha Franklin
Greatest Song: Do Right Man
10. Conway Twitty
Greatest Song: I See the Want To in Your Eyes
* This just scratches the surface. These aren't ranked btw just in the order they came to mind.*
Looking forward to talking music with you all. Have a awesome Saturday morning.
-
It is an eclectic list. I'll keep it alive and take some shit for my taste in music. Not their best songs but my favorites.
1. Pearl Jam - #1 will always rotate but currently - Oceans
2. Our Lady Peace - Is Anybody Home
3. Alice in Chains - Whale n Wasp
4. Dave Matthews Band - Dreaming Tree
5. Primus - My Name is Mud
6. Bela Fleck and The Flecktones - Big Country
7. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
8. Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
9. Sarah McLachlan - World on Fire
10. Seven Mary Three - Lame
-
Good morning ladies and gents. I really love music. I'm a very eclectic person. I don't have a favorite genre to speak of but I really love music.
I know some, if not all of you love music too. So this thread is intended to spark conversation about music. Name your favorite bands/artists and their greatest hit in your minds. I'll get us started.
1. Nirvana
Greatest Song: All Apologies
2. Hootie and the Blowfish
Greatest Song: Let Her Cry
3. Prince
Greatest Song: Tie between Diamonds and Pearls and Purple Rain
4. Michael Jackson
Greatest Song: Man in the Mirror
5. Tupac Shakur
Greatest Song: Unconditional Love
6. Marvin Gaye
Greatest Song: Tie between Heard It Through the Grapevine and Inner City Blues
7. Aaliyah
Greatest Song: One in a Million
8. B.B. King
Greatest Song: The Thrill is Gone
9. Aretha Franklin
Greatest Song: Do Right Man
10. Conway Twitty
Greatest Song: I See the Want To in Your Eyes
* This just scratches the surface. These aren't ranked btw just in the order they came to mind.*
Looking forward to talking music with you all. Have a awesome Saturday morning.
Good morning ladies and gents. I really love music. I'm a very eclectic person. I don't have a favorite genre to speak of but I really love music.
I know some, if not all of you love music too. So this thread is intended to spark conversation about music. Name your favorite bands/artists and their greatest hit in your minds. I'll get us started.
1. Nirvana
Greatest Song: All Apologies
2. Hootie and the Blowfish
Greatest Song: Let Her Cry
3. Prince
Greatest Song: Tie between Diamonds and Pearls and Purple Rain
4. Michael Jackson
Greatest Song: Man in the Mirror
5. Tupac Shakur
Greatest Song: Unconditional Love
6. Marvin Gaye
Greatest Song: Tie between Heard It Through the Grapevine and Inner City Blues
7. Aaliyah
Greatest Song: One in a Million
8. B.B. King
Greatest Song: The Thrill is Gone
9. Aretha Franklin
Greatest Song: Do Right Man
10. Conway Twitty
Greatest Song: I See the Want To in Your Eyes
* This just scratches the surface. These aren't ranked btw just in the order they came to mind.*
Looking forward to talking music with you all. Have a awesome Saturday morning.
Last time I saw my older brother alive in January of 1969. We were driving to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. He was just out of Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island, SC, and Infantry Training at Camp Geiger, NC. He was flying to CA, then to Okinawa, then to Vietnam. We listened to this song on the radio in my Dad's car. I remember my brother asking me to keep an eye on his girlfriend. I idolized him since I was born. He got on the jet. Never saw him again until his funeral in January of 1970. He was killed in action in December of 1969. A few weeks shy of returning home. 19 years old.
-
Good morning ladies and gents. I really love music. I'm a very eclectic person. I don't have a favorite genre to speak of but I really love music.
I know some, if not all of you love music too. So this thread is intended to spark conversation about music. Name your favorite bands/artists and their greatest hit in your minds. I'll get us started.
1. Nirvana
Greatest Song: All Apologies
2. Hootie and the Blowfish
Greatest Song: Let Her Cry
3. Prince
Greatest Song: Tie between Diamonds and Pearls and Purple Rain
4. Michael Jackson
Greatest Song: Man in the Mirror
5. Tupac Shakur
Greatest Song: Unconditional Love
6. Marvin Gaye
Greatest Song: Tie between Heard It Through the Grapevine and Inner City Blues
7. Aaliyah
Greatest Song: One in a Million
8. B.B. King
Greatest Song: The Thrill is Gone
9. Aretha Franklin
Greatest Song: Do Right Man
10. Conway Twitty
Greatest Song: I See the Want To in Your Eyes
* This just scratches the surface. These aren't ranked btw just in the order they came to mind.*
Looking forward to talking music with you all. Have a awesome Saturday morning.
Last time I saw my older brother alive in January of 1969. We were driving to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. He was just out of Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island, SC, and Infantry Training at Camp Geiger, NC. He was flying to CA, then to Okinawa, then to Vietnam. We listened to this song on the radio in my Dad's car. I remember my brother asking me to keep an eye on his girlfriend. I idolized him since I was born. He got on the jet. Never saw him again until his funeral in January of 1970. He was killed in action in December of 1969. A few weeks shy of returning home. 19 years old.
Last time I saw my older brother alive in January of 1969. We were driving to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. He was just out of Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island, SC, and Infantry Training at Camp Geiger, NC. He was flying to CA, then to Okinawa, then to Vietnam. We listened to this song on the radio in my Dad's car. I remember my brother asking me to keep an eye on his girlfriend. I idolized him since I was born. He got on the jet. Never saw him again until his funeral in January of 1970. He was killed in action in December of 1969. A few weeks shy of returning home. 19 years old.
Wow brother. His service and sacrifice will never be forgotten. That's the thing about music, it connects us to so many things. I'm sure all of us have some connecting story that will forever tether us to certain songs.
-
Kind of tough, but off the top of my head..
1) Black Sabbath- War Pigs
2) Golden Earring- Vanilla Queen
3) Jefferson Airplane-Wooden Ships
4) Pink Floyd-Dogs
5) Deep Purple- Highway Star
6) Genesis- Musical Box
7) Fleetwood Mac-Tush
Rainbow-Stargazer9) Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven
10) Alice Cooper-Halo of Flies
-
Another 10:
Disturbed: Sound of Silence
Bad Company: Shooting Star
Bob Seger: Night Moves
John Lennon: Instant Karma
Warren Zevon: Warewolves of London
P.O.D: Youth of the Nation
Nine Inch Nails: Dead Souls
Seal: Kiss From A Rose
System of A Down: Chop Suey
Luther Vandross: Power of Love
*Again just listing as they come to mind*
-
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress) ... my undisputed #1... It has everything a great rock song should have: distinctive intro, driving beat, a hook, and an unintelligible lyric. The rest of what follow are in no particular order.
- Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth ... awakened me
- Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime... first time I heard it I drove straight to "the record store" to buy it.
- EL&P - From the Beginning... gorgeous song
- David Bowie - Queen Bitch... thank you Billy Bass, I'm forever in your debt.
- Yes - Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up... a bit of a cheat picking a three-part song, but it's my choice as Yes' pinnacle effort.
- Joni Mitchell - any song off her Blue LP, but if have to pick one, California... no one has ever laid bare their pain as Joni did on Blue.
- Leon Russell - Tight Rope... a voice meant for a mime, but as distinctive and, in its own odd way, as listenable as any.
More later...
-
Travis Tritt: Here's a Quarter
Train: Meet Virginia
Cake: You Turn the Screws
Temptations: Tie between My Lady Soul and Someone
Bobby Brown: Don't Be Cruel
De'Angelo: Nothing Even Matters feat. Lauryn Hill
Tim McGraw: Don't Take the Girl
Ozzy Osborne: Crazy Train
Lenny Kravitz: Again
Seether: Broken feat Amy Lee
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login