Skip to content

Rounds 4-7 ** 2017 Browns Board Mock Draft ** Rounds 4-7

The Browns Board
305 15 8.1k
  • Yeah really smooth draft ....I vote we extend the commish's contract by 4 years 🙂

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @darren15 said:

    Yeah really smooth draft ....I vote we extend the commish's contract by 4 years 🙂

    And here I thought you guys liked me...

    If life allows, I'd be happy have my contract renewed, but one year at a time... MAX!

    Regardless... after we wrap we need a feedback thread on the mechanics... What did/did not work, suggestions for next time, etc.

  • @darren15 said:

    Yeah really smooth draft ....I vote we extend the commish's contract by 4 years 🙂

    And here I thought you guys liked me...

    If life allows, I'd be happy have my contract renewed, but one year at a time... MAX!

    Regardless... after we wrap we need a feedback thread on the mechanics... What did/did not work, suggestions for next time, etc.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    And here I thought you guys liked me...

    If life allows, I'd be happy have my contract renewed, but one year at a time... MAX!

    Regardless... after we wrap we need a feedback thread on the mechanics... What did/did not work, suggestions for next time, etc.

    I vote we quadrupled the yearly pay for "4 more years". 😛

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    I can sign up for doing the players picked by teams again next year .... if you think it helped

  • @mudfly said:

    Looking good for the Monday wrap up......smooth draft Tour.....best Ive seen yet....

    PS.....do I REALLY have to wait for the unpicked to be picked?.....

    Could be eons before that happens......

    No... I believe what darren was saying is we, a/k/a 'the committee", will fill in any missing picks prior to your selection of "Mr. I"...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    No... I believe what darren was saying is we, a/k/a 'the committee", will fill in any missing picks prior to your selection of "Mr. I"...

    Oh goodie.....🙂

    Ill check in a lil later to close this sucka down.....

  • @tour2ma said:

    And here I thought you guys liked me...

    If life allows, I'd be happy have my contract renewed, but one year at a time... MAX!

    Regardless... after we wrap we need a feedback thread on the mechanics... What did/did not work, suggestions for next time, etc.

    I vote we quadrupled the yearly pay for "4 more years". 😛

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I vote we quadrupled the yearly pay for "4 more years". 😛

    In other words... no raise?

    @darren15 said:

    I can sign up for doing the players picked by teams again next year .... if you think it helped

    Yes, it did... thank you.

    I even used your list this year... 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    No... I believe what darren was saying is we, a/k/a 'the committee", will fill in any missing picks prior to your selection of "Mr. I"...

    Oh goodie.....🙂

    Ill check in a lil later to close this sucka down.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Oh goodie..... 🙂

    Ill check in a lil later to close this sucka down.....

    You can take until 8 PM EDT on April 27th as far as I am concerned... 😉

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    I'm glad I joined. Made me look at the prospects a lot more so now come draft night I'll recognise most of the names and what they can do !

  • @mudfly said:

    Oh goodie..... 🙂

    Ill check in a lil later to close this sucka down.....

    You can take until 8 PM EDT on April 27th as far as I am concerned... 😉

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You can take until 8 PM EDT on April 27th as far as I am concerned... 😉

    Deal!

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    The Dallas Cowboys select Keionta Davis DE Chatanooga

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by Flyin J

    The Green Bay Packers select Ezra Robinson CB Tennessee St.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    30 (248). Tour -------- Pittsburgh Steelers ------------------- DeAngelo Henderson (RB) - Coastal Carolina**
    31 (249). Tour -------- Atlanta Falcons ------------------------ Freddie Stevenson (FB) ----- Florida State**

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    We.... could.... go.... all.... the.... waaaaaaaay......

    09 (227). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals -------------------- ABSENT pick when you show--------------------------
    11 (229). BnMopar - New Orleans Saints ------------------- ABSENT pick when you show--------------------------

    15 (233). ConnerL - Carolina Panthers (IND/CLE) ---- ABSENT pick when you show---------------------
    32 (250). Mudfly ----- Detroit Lions (NE) -------------------- PM OTC plus
    33 (251). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals (Comp) ---------- PM On deck and behind...
    34 (252). Mudfly ----- Denver Broncos (Comp)-------------- the plus...
    35 (253). Mudfly ----- Denver Broncos (Comp) ============= Mr. Irrelevant ================

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    and for their last pick.....the Detroit Lions select.....Corey Levin....OG....Chattanooga

    Choo choo

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    and....with their almost last....but still relevant pick....Denver selects Trayvon Hester....DT.....Toe-lee-doe!

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Okee doke ee....

    Ill check back before I turn in......just in case we can wrap this up....

    Otherwise, Mr Irrelevant will have to wait till tomorrow......ish

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    PMs sent to Conner and BnMopar... 6PM deadline today to make picks or we will make them for them...

    09 (227). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals -------------------- ABSENT pick when you show--------------------------
    11 (229). BnMopar - New Orleans Saints ------------------- ABSENT pick when you show--------------------------

    15 (233). ConnerL - Carolina Panthers (IND/CLE) ---- ABSENT pick when you show---------------------

    33 (251). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals (Comp) --------- ABSENT pick when you show--------------------------
    35 (253). Mudfly ----- Denver Broncos (Comp) ============= Mr. Irrelevant ================

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Seems to be a clog at the bottom. 😛

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The hour approacheth...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Bengals' "needs"....

    1. Defensive End: Cincinnati signed Michael Johnson after the Buccaneers cut him, thinking that he could help its poor edge rush. He predictably struggled. The Bengals need to finally obtain a viable bookend across from Carlos Dunlap. Took Barnett in Round One.
    2. Safety: The Bengals missed Reggie Nelson, as he left for Oakland this past offseason. Their defense was much weaker on the back end as a result, so they could spend one of their early selections on a replacement. Open
    3. Wide Receiver: If we learned anything in the wake of A.J. Green's injury, it's that the Bengals lack a second option at receiver. Tyler Boyd has flashed some potential, but he might just be a tertiary target. Re-signed Brandon LaFell and drafted Zae Jones
    4. Two Offensive Tackles: Re-signing Andrew Whitworth would take care of one of these positions. The other might not be addressed because Cincinnati might give Cedric Ogbuehi another shot even though he was horrible in 2016. Signed Andre Smith and drafted Dan Skipper
    5. Guard: Kevin Zeitler is another free agent offensive lineman the Bengals need to retain. Zeitler has been one of the league's best guards over the years, so his absence would be detrimental. Drafted Nick Siragusa.
    6. Cornerback: Pacman Jones has declined, which is not a surprise at his age. With that in mind, if the Bengals don't re-sign Dre Kirkpatrick, they'll need to find another talented player at the position. Re-signed Dre Kirkpatrick only move...
    7. Running Back Depth: With Rex Burkhead hitting free agency, the Bengals could stand to add another running back. Drafted Cory Clement late.
    8. Defensive Tackle Depth: Domata Peko has an expiring contract, but he has regressed. Cincinnati should pick up another interior defender. Drafted Nazir Jones.
    9. Quarterback: Andy Dalton isn't going to lead the Bengals deep into the playoffs, but they're stuck with him for now. Open
    10. Kicker: Cincinnati had kicking issues all year, so this is something the front office will finally need to shore up. Open

    Looks like a Safety/DB if a decent one is left.

    • FSs Delano Hill (Michigan) and Jordan Sterns (OK St U) are both on the board.
    • At SS Montae Nicholson is there.

    Let's go with: Delano Hill (FS) ------------ That School Up North

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    saints needs:

    1. Two Linebackers: The Saints had some of the weakest linebackers in the NFL, so it could be argued that this is their biggest need. James Laurinaitis was playing for them last year, for crying out loud. Reuben Foster is a viable candidate for the team at No. 11 overall. Signed Manti Te'o A.J. Klein. Drafted Duke Riley...
    2. Defensive Tackle: New Orleans has a nice building block up front with Sheldon Rankins. Nick Fairley was another forceful presence in the interior of the defensive line, but he'll be entering free agency come March. The front office needs to address this area. Re-signed Nick Fairley
    3. Defensive End: Cameron Jordan was exceptional this past season, performing on an All-Pro level. However, the Saints don't have much besides him as far as edge rushers are concerned, so they need to bring in someone new to get after opposing passers. Signed Alex Okafor Drafted McKinley.
    4. Cornerback: The good news is that the Saints will be getting Delvin Breaux and P.J. Williams back from injury next year (Breaux played occasionally in 2016, but was banged up because of his various maladies). The bad news is that cornerback is yet another defensive position that should be addressed. Open
    5. Two Guards: The one upgrade New Orleans could use on the offensive line is at one of the guard spots where Senio Kelemte was pretty pedestrian in 2016. Jahri Evans will need to be re-signed as well. Signed with Lions Open
    6. Tight End: Coby Fleener was a predictable bust signing. The Saints should just acknowledge him as a sunk cost and move on with a new tight end. Open
    7. Backup Quarterback: Drew Brees is now 38, so the Saints should think about finding a successor for him. Signed Chase Daniel Drafted Dobbs...
    8. Running Back Depth: Mark Ingram had his ups and downs in 2016, but the Saints could rely on Tim Hightower as a sturdy No. 2. Hightower is now a free agent. Drafted Brian Hill late.

    CB looks like it... and Ezra Robinson (CB) ----- TN State looks like the one... and he would have been had he not been taken a few picks earlier... so....

    Nate Hairston (CB) ------- Temple