Skip to content

Browns Board March Madness ... Join Now!

The Browns Board
71 10 2.7k
  • Are we doing the brackets this year? Thanks!

  • Yep ... give me a few minutes and I'll get it up!

    Zombo

  • OK, the league is up, come one, come all!

    https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/128509/invitation?key=1199a450530ad581&soc_trk=lnk

    NCAA TOURN BASKETBALL

    2007 DakotaPhx

    2008 EERSandBROWNS

    2009 T. Couch

    2010 Beanpot

    2013 Greg

    2014 MLD Woody

    2015 Jeff (F Tucky)

    2016 Beanpot

  • I'm in

  • Awesome thanks man. I'm in as well.

  • In... but missed having to use Z's super-secret password...

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Edit: ... and in record time, < 10 minutes, my Tourrific bracket is complete. I estimate I watched a grand total of maybe 15 minutes of college hoops this year, so I was unencumbered by information.

  • In... but missed having to use Z's super-secret password...

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Edit: ... and in record time, < 10 minutes, my Tourrific bracket is complete. I estimate I watched a grand total of maybe 15 minutes of college hoops this year, so I was unencumbered by information.

    @tour2ma said:

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Soooooo..... if they hate Florida, they really hate Naples?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    It IS the one place in FLA that we want to go sometime. But it is on my wife's list...so not sure when we get there.

  • Zombo said:

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Soooooo..... if they hate Florida, they really hate Naples?

    @tour2ma said:

    Soooooo..... if they hate Florida, they really hate Naples?

    Hopefully if they hate Florida they never make it to Naples. We're full.

    (Unless you want to buy a house from me, then by all means ...)

    Zombo

  • lol...

    I'll go this far.... if I ever did buy a house in Naples...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Naples, FL... happiest city in the USA two years running.

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    Sanibel is nice to visit but Naples/Marco Island is where it's nice to stay.

    And I'm in brackets here baby.

  • Zombo said:

    Getting happier by the minute. People who hate florida never spent any time in Naples.

    Zombo

    Sanibel is nice to visit but Naples/Marco Island is where it's nice to stay.

    And I'm in brackets here baby.

    @mjp28 said:

    Sanibel is nice to visit but Naples/Marco Island is where it's nice to stay.

    And I'm in brackets here baby.

    The timeshare I own in Las Vegas is at the Polo Towers....so someday I may trade my Polo for Marco. I look forward to my time in the pool there and to play the game.

    Suites-at-Polo-Towers-Exterior1.jpg

  • I'm in

  • I'm in

    @mark-o said:

    I'm in

    would you like the confidence pick bracket?

  • I'm in

    @mark-o said:

    I'm in

    15 players in so far in The BROWNS BOARD Tournament with the deadline before game 1 Thursday March 16, 2017.

  • I don't get these "First Four" play-in games for anything, but a 16th seed. Having two teams play for an 11 doesn't seem right.

  • I don't get these "First Four" play-in games for anything, but a 16th seed. Having two teams play for an 11 doesn't seem right.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't get these "First Four" play-in games for anything, but a 16th seed. Having two teams play for an 11 doesn't seem right.

    Actually...it makes great sense. You have 4 "Play-in" games involving 8 teams. The committee actually designates 6 "16 seeds". These are Automatic Qualifiers from the smaller conferences. The lowest 4 of those 6 play off to see which two move on to play the #1 seeds.

    Then....after all the Automatic Qualifiers are designated, you know that the Committee then selects like 36 "At Large teams", teams that have not won their conference tourneys. So then what they do is they take the "Last Four in" of these teams and they have them play off. They are really the last teams picked to play in the tourney....and they have no real cause to complain because they are just lucky to have been selected to participate. Ergo, these 4 "play in" as well. Usually they end up with like an 11 seed.

    So...to me, it does seem right that the last 4 team selected have to undergo a bit more of a challenge.

  • If the objective is to end up with the best 64 in the country, having two 11's play for the right to be one of those 64 guarantees that you will fail to meet your objective.

  • If the objective is to end up with the best 64 in the country, having two 11's play for the right to be one of those 64 guarantees that you will fail to meet your objective.

    @tour2ma said:

    If the objective is to end up with the best 64 in the country, having two 11's play for the right to be one of those 64 guarantees that you will fail to meet your objective.

    That is NOT the objective. The objective is to have 36 leagues with their automatic qualifiers participate where then that is whittled down to 34 with two of them eliminated in the "First Four" round; then to select the next 32 best at large teams and to eliminate 2 of them in that First round. Thus...the objective is to have 34 AQ's plus 30 at large teams make up the Round of 64.

    If they wanted the best 64...then about 15-20 leagues would have no participants in the tourney. And that is not what they want.