Skip to content

2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams

The Browns Board
96 13 8.4k
  • @londonbrown said:

    I have seen Soloman Thomas labelled a DT when it comes to playing in the NFL

    DT IS a position of need.

    Right now per the depth chart we have only Shelton, Gabe Wright and Nile Lawrence-Stample at DT.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    DT IS a position of need.

    Right now per the depth chart we have only Shelton, Gabe Wright and Nile Lawrence-Stample at DT.

    And supposedly moving to a 4-3 so yes, a great pick by the Tour man

  • @londonbrown said:

    I have seen Soloman Thomas labelled a DT when it comes to playing in the NFL

    DT IS a position of need.

    Right now per the depth chart we have only Shelton, Gabe Wright and Nile Lawrence-Stample at DT.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    DT IS a position of need.

    Right now per the depth chart we have only Shelton, Gabe Wright and Nile Lawrence-Stample at DT.

    Is meder gone?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I just looked he isnt gone, so why is he not counted as depth at DT? I personally like him and shelto as the interior tandem of our new 4-3

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #17
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #18

    We develop good DE's and those two on the inside almost requiring a double team on at least one of them, will free up our DE's and srsly crunch the pocket

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @londonbrown said:

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

    Ok so ur looking at our 3-4 roster where they call him the RDE, its just a technicality....he is NOT a 4-3 DE

  • I just looked he isnt gone, so why is he not counted as depth at DT? I personally like him and shelto as the interior tandem of our new 4-3

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @clevfan4life said:

    I just looked he isnt gone, so why is he not counted as depth at DT? I personally like him and shelto as the interior tandem of our new 4-3

    Yes, good point, he is still on the roster...but the Ourlads depth chart didn't have him anywhere on the team. Not sure WTF is up with that.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I just looked he isnt gone, so why is he not counted as depth at DT? I personally like him and shelto as the interior tandem of our new 4-3

    Yes, good point, he is still on the roster...but the Ourlads depth chart didn't have him anywhere on the team. Not sure WTF is up with that.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, good point, he is still on the roster...but the Ourlads depth chart didn't have him anywhere on the team. Not sure WTF is up with that.

    They did, starting DE

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, good point, he is still on the roster...but the Ourlads depth chart didn't have him anywhere on the team. Not sure WTF is up with that.

    They did, starting DE

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @londonbrown said:

    They did, starting DE

    Oops, my bad. I guess I would have never looked for him there....as a starter or as a DE. 😳

  • Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #23

    @clevfan4life said:

    Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs

    Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?

    Other position needs is a legitimate point, but I either had questions about others available at 12 or had players I liked at further down my board nearly as well.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs

    Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?

    Other position needs is a legitimate point, but I either had questions about others available at 12 or had players I liked at further down my board nearly as well.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?

    .

    I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Its a fantady draft for sure, but honestlytheres so many other holes we "must " adress in the draft

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #26

    This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!

  • This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @londonbrown said:

    This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!

    Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #28

    If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, which wont happen. It's the best player on our board all the way and I'll bet anything on that

  • If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, which wont happen. It's the best player on our board all the way and I'll bet anything on that

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @londonbrown said:

    If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, it's the best player on their board all the way and I'll bet anything on that

    The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Thomas is a solid lineman but he's no garett or allen who yes, are virtual locks to start

  • @londonbrown said:

    If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, it's the best player on their board all the way and I'll bet anything on that

    The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #31

    @clevfan4life said:

    The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?

    I would yes as injuries occur etc, I am a trust your board and BPA all the way person. Unless it's the QB position of course.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #32

    So ur not a fan of hookers?☕️

  • @tour2ma said:

    Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?

    .

    I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @clevfan4life said:

    I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.

    Obviously I disagree...

    @clevfan4life said:

    Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation

    How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...

    And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.

    Front to back... inside out...