2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams
-
Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs
Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs
Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?
Other position needs is a legitimate point, but I either had questions about others available at 12 or had players I liked at further down my board nearly as well.
-
Next year in camp we'll have og, nas, garett, orchard, possibly that wynn kid..... i think we're good at DE. U could also throw bryant out there as depth at DE. We desperately need a stud safety back there and competent corners. Haden is one injury from retirement. Stsly he's on his very last "effective" legs
Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?
Other position needs is a legitimate point, but I either had questions about others available at 12 or had players I liked at further down my board nearly as well.
Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?
.
I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.
-
Its a fantady draft for sure, but honestlytheres so many other holes we "must " adress in the draft
-
This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!
-
This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!
This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!
Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation
-
If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, which wont happen. It's the best player on our board all the way and I'll bet anything on that
-
If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, which wont happen. It's the best player on our board all the way and I'll bet anything on that
If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, it's the best player on their board all the way and I'll bet anything on that
The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?
-
Thomas is a solid lineman but he's no garett or allen who yes, are virtual locks to start
-
If we are drafting for needs we take a QB first overall, it's the best player on their board all the way and I'll bet anything on that
The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?
The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?
I would yes as injuries occur etc, I am a trust your board and BPA all the way person. Unless it's the QB position of course.
-
So ur not a fan of hookers?
️ -
Other than Garrett, who beats out Thomas at LDE?
.
I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.
I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.
Obviously I disagree...
Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation
How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...
And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.
Front to back... inside out...
-
I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.
Obviously I disagree...
Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation
How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...
And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.
Front to back... inside out...
How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...
And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.
Front to back... inside out...
Go back to 12 & your not getting Thomas
.Would you insert Hooker, Foster or OJ? call it shits & giggles -
How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...
And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.
Front to back... inside out...
Go back to 12 & your not getting Thomas
.Would you insert Hooker, Foster or OJ? call it shits & giggles -
This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!
This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!
While true, there are certain positions that are more needy for the Browns than others. The defensive backfield IS more needy than the defensive line. Even on the DL I think that DT is actually more of a need than a DE. And QB of course. OL was a need but they did a lot there in free agency. The one spot that is up for grabs is RT with like 3-4 candidates for that spot.
Its fine to take the best player...but as we often know....a team is only as good as its weakest link. We can have great guns all over the place (not that we do)....but if one spot is weak and can be exploited...it will be exploited. Maybe great players at other spots can cover up for a weak link a bit...but it will eventually be found.
-
I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.
-
I agree we need to possibly draft a RT either this year or next year at the latest. A guy that we groom to replace JT. Not sure if that guy is in this years draft or not
-
I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.
I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.
Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.
-
I agree we need to possibly draft a RT either this year or next year at the latest. A guy that we groom to replace JT. Not sure if that guy is in this years draft or not
I agree we need to possibly draft a RT either this year or next year at the latest. A guy that we groom to replace JT. Not sure if that guy is in this years draft or not
We have Coleman, Drango, Erving....all of whom may be in the hunt for the starting RT job. Then there is Pasztor...status: free agent. Whether or not he comes back to the Browns is up in the air.
This FO may want to audition these guys for that RT job. After all, the team has some pretty decent investment in them: Erving 1st round, Coleman 2d round, Drango..???round.
-
I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.
Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.
Og and nas are NOT olb'ers despite what horton
Attempted with them. They're not really DT's either except in nascar packages.
Didnt know paea was gone. So at DT we've got bryant, meder, shrlton,cooper....who else?
Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.
-
Og and nas are NOT olb'ers despite what horton
Attempted with them. They're not really DT's either except in nascar packages.
Didnt know paea was gone. So at DT we've got bryant, meder, shrlton,cooper....who else?
Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.
Og and nas are NOT olb'ers despite what horton
Attempted with them. They're not really DT's either except in nascar packages.
Didnt know paea was gone. So at DT we've got bryant, meder, shrlton,cooper....who else?
Except Cooper is listed at DE, and I don't recall him playing DT. They list Meder at DE too...but I do know he played inside a lot.
Again...all I can say it that the Gays for Gayrett may want to not choke on their sputum if the name of Jonathan Allen is actually called out at #1.
Just sayin'.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
