Skip to content

2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams

The Browns Board
96 13 8.4k
  • @clevfan4life said:

    I was in camp allen till i read his shoulders look like a 10+ year veteran already. All things equal i do beleive allen is better "right now", but garett has a higher ceiling.....maybe. And if we did draft allen id want him to take a substantial amt of snaps at DE where i think he's be bulling down ever tacklebin the league. Just those shoulders tho

    Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

    If his shoulders are bad then the ripping and pulling may cause him problems. I know that Mike Golic was saying that he had 7 surgeries on one shoulder and 3 on the other. So the position does put some strain on that area.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I was in camp allen till i read his shoulders look like a 10+ year veteran already. All things equal i do beleive allen is better "right now", but garett has a higher ceiling.....maybe. And if we did draft allen id want him to take a substantial amt of snaps at DE where i think he's be bulling down ever tacklebin the league. Just those shoulders tho

    Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

    Bulling is sort of an inclusive word though isnt it? Guys that can bull the shit out of ol almost by def can stack/shed at will because to bull right u have to establish the stack first

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

    Bulling is sort of an inclusive word though isnt it? Guys that can bull the shit out of ol almost by def can stack/shed at will because to bull right u have to establish the stack first

    @clevfan4life said:

    Bulling is sort of an inclusive word though isnt it? Guys that can bull the shit out of ol almost by def can stack/shed at will because to bull right u have to establish the stack first

    Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

    But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Bulling is sort of an inclusive word though isnt it? Guys that can bull the shit out of ol almost by def can stack/shed at will because to bull right u have to establish the stack first

    Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

    But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

    But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

    Wouldnt u assume though if a guy could reg deposit an OT in the qb's jock, that he wouldnt have a problem controlling said tackle at the line?

    This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

    Edit: last paragraph talking about stacking/shedding not bull rushing. Ill agree that just because u can hold off a tackle at the line doesnt necessarily mean u'll be able to drive him back into the qb

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

    But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

    Wouldnt u assume though if a guy could reg deposit an OT in the qb's jock, that he wouldnt have a problem controlling said tackle at the line?

    This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

    Edit: last paragraph talking about stacking/shedding not bull rushing. Ill agree that just because u can hold off a tackle at the line doesnt necessarily mean u'll be able to drive him back into the qb

    @clevfan4life said:

    This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

    Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is. What Garrett lacks in shed he makes up for in burst to the RB once he commits. He "guesses" surprisingly little... as opposed to Clowney, who picked a side early and often at SC.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

    Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is. What Garrett lacks in shed he makes up for in burst to the RB once he commits. He "guesses" surprisingly little... as opposed to Clowney, who picked a side early and often at SC.

    @tour2ma said:

    Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is.SC.

    Thats my kind of DE tho......im hoping garett becomes that to go aling with his burst. He gets better at the power game its going to open up his speed game even more. The upper echelon of tackles in the NFL are too good for one trick rushers, even the likes of garett.

    This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is.SC.

    Thats my kind of DE tho......im hoping garett becomes that to go aling with his burst. He gets better at the power game its going to open up his speed game even more. The upper echelon of tackles in the NFL are too good for one trick rushers, even the likes of garett.

    This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

    @clevfan4life said:

    This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

    But is not the converse true as well... Does not an OT anticipating the speed rush set himself up for the club - inside rip/swim or the power burst?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

    But is not the converse true as well... Does not an OT anticipating the speed rush set himself up for the club - inside rip/swim or the power burst?

    @tour2ma said:

    But is not the converse true as well... Does not an OT anticipating the speed rush set himself up for the club - inside rip/swim or the power burst?

    Oh yeah, and some of the smaller rushers like matthews are great at turning what looks like an edge burst into a straight bull. But stacking/shedding at the point effectively just ingerently requires not just strength but anchoring weight too.

    Theres sub 200 lb men out there that bench as much as anyone in the nfl....but they would get "obliterated" in the NFL if they tried to stand and stack at the point against 320 lb tackles.

  • I cannot keep up with the changes between setting an edge setting and pass rushing, so I will now bow out...

  • Some really good drafts here....lots of teams would be happy if they ended up with the players we all drafted ...

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

  • Not happy with my Jets draft, Watson was a bad pick at #6

  • Yup... bunch of good ones and comparatively few clunkers, which will go unnamed.

    The sneaky good one that really jumped out at me was the Jets...

    • DeShaun Watson- QB
    • Gareon Conley- CB
    • Taylor Morton -OT
    • John Toth - C
    • Jonnu Smith - TE
    • Carlos Henderson - WR
    • Jehu Chesson - WR

    Regardless of your opinion on Watson there is really great value in every pick after the first. Exception may be the TE, Smith, but I simply don't know him.

    EDIT: Clearly London is hypercritical... 😉

  • Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

  • Some really good drafts here....lots of teams would be happy if they ended up with the players we all drafted ...

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

    @darren15 said:

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

    Agree... but you set high bar with your TN work. Great first round, there... and solid throughout with the possible exception of McDermott, who I think is a stiff.

    And it's not as if your TB draft sucked... at the top is both talented and need-meeting. The value at the bottom is just not as high.

  • Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    @londonbrown said:

    Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

    @tour2ma said:

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

    I've really fallen for Kizer now, I see flashes an traits in him you don't see often. Can accuracy be improved, I believe so with a coach that helps you set your feet etc.

  • Of all those teams I like the picks for San Francisco and the Browns the best, though I'd have to give the nod to the SF GM for teaming up Allen with Williams again. 😆

  • I like San Fran ....... I like my first 5 Titans picks but the last 2 were meh .....I took BPA with Buccs then addressed their RB and Safety needs....other 3 picks were average at best

    Would be thrilled with the Browns first 6 picks

  • I actually really like the Bucs picks !

  • So I done good as our GM? 🙂 Please let Sashi know...

    I really could not believe the way the top eleven picks went. I mean 2 RBs and 2 WRs? Plus a couple of Edge I don't see that high...

    They are all really good players and most filled significant needs for the teams that took them, but to leave Thomas, Hooker, Foster, Reddick and Howard on the board? It was just mind-boggling. I was like the proverbial kid in a candy-store. By far it was the toughest pick I made and I knew it would be the most controversial. I mean every position represented was a "need" for us. In the end BPA ruled this pick.

    Much of my 90-minute delay in posting the pick was spent looking closer at Solomon Thomas as I'd not looked hard at him thinking he'd be gone by pick #4. What I saw quickly confirmed everything the profiles, rankings and mocks were saying: that he was a top three talent in this draft. So I could not pass him by... even with Ogbah around... even with Nassib's promise... even with Garrett in my pocket.

    Knew Thomas' pick would draw scrutiny, if not outright criticism... and that's not even considering the Trubs-or-bust devotees, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

    In the end I kept asking myself, "Would I want to be a QB facing a Garrett - Sheldon - Bryant - Thomas DL?"

    That plus the old... Front2Back&InsideOut...