Skip to content

2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams

The Browns Board
96 13 8.4k
  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
    #57

    Some really good drafts here....lots of teams would be happy if they ended up with the players we all drafted ...

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Not happy with my Jets draft, Watson was a bad pick at #6

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #59

    Yup... bunch of good ones and comparatively few clunkers, which will go unnamed.

    The sneaky good one that really jumped out at me was the Jets...

    • DeShaun Watson- QB
    • Gareon Conley- CB
    • Taylor Morton -OT
    • John Toth - C
    • Jonnu Smith - TE
    • Carlos Henderson - WR
    • Jehu Chesson - WR

    Regardless of your opinion on Watson there is really great value in every pick after the first. Exception may be the TE, Smith, but I simply don't know him.

    EDIT: Clearly London is hypercritical... 😉

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

  • Some really good drafts here....lots of teams would be happy if they ended up with the players we all drafted ...

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @darren15 said:

    My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

    Agree... but you set high bar with your TN work. Great first round, there... and solid throughout with the possible exception of McDermott, who I think is a stiff.

    And it's not as if your TB draft sucked... at the top is both talented and need-meeting. The value at the bottom is just not as high.

  • Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @londonbrown said:

    Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tour2ma said:

    And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

    In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

    I've really fallen for Kizer now, I see flashes an traits in him you don't see often. Can accuracy be improved, I believe so with a coach that helps you set your feet etc.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Of all those teams I like the picks for San Francisco and the Browns the best, though I'd have to give the nod to the SF GM for teaming up Allen with Williams again. 😆

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
    #65

    I like San Fran ....... I like my first 5 Titans picks but the last 2 were meh .....I took BPA with Buccs then addressed their RB and Safety needs....other 3 picks were average at best

    Would be thrilled with the Browns first 6 picks

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #66

    I actually really like the Bucs picks !

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #67

    So I done good as our GM? 🙂 Please let Sashi know...

    I really could not believe the way the top eleven picks went. I mean 2 RBs and 2 WRs? Plus a couple of Edge I don't see that high...

    They are all really good players and most filled significant needs for the teams that took them, but to leave Thomas, Hooker, Foster, Reddick and Howard on the board? It was just mind-boggling. I was like the proverbial kid in a candy-store. By far it was the toughest pick I made and I knew it would be the most controversial. I mean every position represented was a "need" for us. In the end BPA ruled this pick.

    Much of my 90-minute delay in posting the pick was spent looking closer at Solomon Thomas as I'd not looked hard at him thinking he'd be gone by pick #4. What I saw quickly confirmed everything the profiles, rankings and mocks were saying: that he was a top three talent in this draft. So I could not pass him by... even with Ogbah around... even with Nassib's promise... even with Garrett in my pocket.

    Knew Thomas' pick would draw scrutiny, if not outright criticism... and that's not even considering the Trubs-or-bust devotees, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

    In the end I kept asking myself, "Would I want to be a QB facing a Garrett - Sheldon - Bryant - Thomas DL?"

    That plus the old... Front2Back&InsideOut...

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #68

    There's no way Thomas lasts to our pick and no way the Browns would pass on him if he did !

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #69

    CLEVELAND BROWNS



    Myles Garrett- DE


    Soloman Thomas - DE


    Budda Baker FS


    Josh Jones - SS


    Sidney Jones - CB


    Tyus Bowser - OLB


    Shaquill Griffin - CB


    Taywan Taylor - WR


    Jamar Williams - RB


    CJ Beathard - QB


    Robert Davis - WR



    No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.



    Zombo


  • CLEVELAND BROWNS



    Myles Garrett- DE


    Soloman Thomas - DE


    Budda Baker FS


    Josh Jones - SS


    Sidney Jones - CB


    Tyus Bowser - OLB


    Shaquill Griffin - CB


    Taywan Taylor - WR


    Jamar Williams - RB


    CJ Beathard - QB


    Robert Davis - WR



    No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.



    Zombo


    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Zombo said:

    No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.

    Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...

    My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Im hearing talk that allen slidindvway down andvthat its thomas that might go to sf or chicago

  • Zombo said:

    No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.

    Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...

    My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @tour2ma said:

    Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...

    My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.

    I think I have a good grasp of defense and draft discipline.

    What I don't get is an NFL team deciding to stay pat with Brock Cockwhistler and Cody Concussler

    Zombo

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?

    Reaching is the worst thing we could do

  • Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?

    Reaching is the worst thing we could do

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @londonbrown said:

    Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?

    Reaching is the worst thing we could do

    If you don't have a QB, reach for one.

    There are not pro Bowlers every year at #12 or #33 at any position.

    If we don't trade for someone like Garappolo or Cousins, and we don't take a stab at one of the highest rated QBs ... that would make us a gay organization.

    We're going after a QB.

    Zombo

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    QB class looks great next year....wish we could rely on someone until then ....

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #76

    In this draft Phillip Rivers is picking at 7, Cam Newton 8 and Drew Brees 11

    Need a team around the QB as well