2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams
-
Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!
And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.
In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.
And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.
In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.
I've really fallen for Kizer now, I see flashes an traits in him you don't see often. Can accuracy be improved, I believe so with a coach that helps you set your feet etc.
-
Of all those teams I like the picks for San Francisco and the Browns the best, though I'd have to give the nod to the SF GM for teaming up Allen with Williams again.

-
I like San Fran ....... I like my first 5 Titans picks but the last 2 were meh .....I took BPA with Buccs then addressed their RB and Safety needs....other 3 picks were average at best
Would be thrilled with the Browns first 6 picks
-
I actually really like the Bucs picks !
-
So I done good as our GM?
Please let Sashi know...I really could not believe the way the top eleven picks went. I mean 2 RBs and 2 WRs? Plus a couple of Edge I don't see that high...
They are all really good players and most filled significant needs for the teams that took them, but to leave Thomas, Hooker, Foster, Reddick and Howard on the board? It was just mind-boggling. I was like the proverbial kid in a candy-store. By far it was the toughest pick I made and I knew it would be the most controversial. I mean every position represented was a "need" for us. In the end BPA ruled this pick.
Much of my 90-minute delay in posting the pick was spent looking closer at Solomon Thomas as I'd not looked hard at him thinking he'd be gone by pick #4. What I saw quickly confirmed everything the profiles, rankings and mocks were saying: that he was a top three talent in this draft. So I could not pass him by... even with Ogbah around... even with Nassib's promise... even with Garrett in my pocket.
Knew Thomas' pick would draw scrutiny, if not outright criticism... and that's not even considering the Trubs-or-bust devotees, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
In the end I kept asking myself, "Would I want to be a QB facing a Garrett - Sheldon - Bryant - Thomas DL?"
That plus the old... Front2Back&InsideOut...
-
There's no way Thomas lasts to our pick and no way the Browns would pass on him if he did !
-
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Myles Garrett- DE
Soloman Thomas - DE
Budda Baker FS
Josh Jones - SS
Sidney Jones - CB
Tyus Bowser - OLB
Shaquill Griffin - CB
Taywan Taylor - WR
Jamar Williams - RB
CJ Beathard - QB
Robert Davis - WR
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Zombo
-
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Myles Garrett- DE
Soloman Thomas - DE
Budda Baker FS
Josh Jones - SS
Sidney Jones - CB
Tyus Bowser - OLB
Shaquill Griffin - CB
Taywan Taylor - WR
Jamar Williams - RB
CJ Beathard - QB
Robert Davis - WR
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Zombo
Zombo said:
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...
My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.
-
Im hearing talk that allen slidindvway down andvthat its thomas that might go to sf or chicago
-
Zombo said:
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...
My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.
Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...
My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.
I think I have a good grasp of defense and draft discipline.
What I don't get is an NFL team deciding to stay pat with Brock Cockwhistler and Cody Concussler
Zombo
-
Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?
Reaching is the worst thing we could do
-
Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?
Reaching is the worst thing we could do
Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?
Reaching is the worst thing we could do
If you don't have a QB, reach for one.
There are not pro Bowlers every year at #12 or #33 at any position.
If we don't trade for someone like Garappolo or Cousins, and we don't take a stab at one of the highest rated QBs ... that would make us a gay organization.
We're going after a QB.
Zombo
-
QB class looks great next year....wish we could rely on someone until then ....
-
In this draft Phillip Rivers is picking at 7, Cam Newton 8 and Drew Brees 11
Need a team around the QB as well
-
Please keep this here until after the draft so we can compare the real draft to ours
-
-
I have some spare time coming up would anyone be interested in me making a google doc spreadsheet with all our mock picks on it by round, will also update it with real time picks as much as I can as the real draft plays out.
-
I have some spare time coming up would anyone be interested in me making a google doc spreadsheet with all our mock picks on it by round, will also update it with real time picks as much as I can as the real draft plays out.
I have some spare time coming up would anyone be interested in me making a google doc spreadsheet with all our mock picks on it by round, will also update it with real time picks as much as I can as the real draft plays out.
Sure... just be sure google doc sheets are "postable"... every time I've tried to post other spreadsheets I get a "don't have permission to do that" message.
-
From a SB nation mock draft, another kid from Ohio besides OHIO STATE and a reason why my Alma Mater Youngstown State made the 1-AA championship game......
31. Atlanta Falcons: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State
If Atlanta hopes to make another Super Bowl run, it needs its young defense to play more like it did late in the year in 2016. Adding more talent would help it get there, and Rivers is the type of edge rushing talent that fits perfectly at the LEO position in Dan Quinnโs defense.
Yeah big homer pick for me.
-
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Myles Garrett- DE
Soloman Thomas - DE
Budda Baker FS
Josh Jones - SS
Sidney Jones - CB
Tyus Bowser - OLB
Shaquill Griffin - CB
Taywan Taylor - WR
Jamar Williams - RB
CJ Beathard - QB
Robert Davis - WR
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Zombo
Zombo said:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Myles Garrett- DE
Soloman Thomas - DE
Budda Baker FS
Josh Jones - SS
Sidney Jones - CB
Tyus Bowser - OLB
Shaquill Griffin - CB
Taywan Taylor - WR
Jamar Williams - RB
CJ Beathard - QB
Robert Davis - WR
No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.
Zombo
how did Thomas fall to 12
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login