Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. Time Share Talk

Time Share Talk

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
35 Posts 4 Posters 3.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    I frequent another Forum that exists on my Timeshare Exchange Company. I just thought perhaps I would bring some of that conversation from there to here. I have done the reverse. Since it is a travel site I have posted some of my sports related conversations there that have to do with travel that I have here over there. One in particular was my "31 best places in America for Football" thread.

    Nevertheless, I own a week at the Polo Towers in Las Vegas. I have had it since 1995. But, I have never used it there. I have always traded it, and I have gone to a lot of good places. I won't give the list of my trades here, but I may in a subsequent post.

    It is now part of the Diamond Resorts International group that has about 300 different locations throughout the world. I own a week, I am not points based. I trade my week through Interval International.

    I also frequently receive "Bonus weeks"...extra weeks that can be used, primarily for off season travel. I also can purchase Getaways, basically just renting a condo for a week for a flat rate. I have come up with a number of good deals.

    Again, I just thought that if anyone else did timesharing that you may like to discuss your experiences.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      This is where I own, though I have never stayed there:

      polo-towers-las-vegas-28863917.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        So, here is the list of places I have done "Trades" or Exchanges for where I have traded my Polo Towers unit for a place in another location:

        Ramona CA (San Diego)

        New Orleans

        Orlando....twice

        Williams burg

        Maui

        San Francisco

        Capistrano Beach (Orange Co. Calif.)

        Sedona

        Ruidoso New Mex.

        Hot Springs, Ark.

        Blaine Wash. (just over the border from Vancouver)

        Atlantic City

        Bandera TX (near San Antonio

        Cape Cod

        Outer Banks NC

        Scottsdale AZ

        Killington Vermont

        Anaconda Montana

        Atlantic Beach NC

        San Antonio

        Here are locations that I have gone on "Bonus Weeks" or Getaways:

        Lake Tahoe

        British Columbia (Canadian Rockies)

        Tuscon

        Panama City Fla

        The Cayman Islands

        Puerto Vallarta

        Fort Lauderdale

        Myrtle Beach

        Oahu, Waikiki

        Breckenridge Colo.

        Hawaii, The Big Island

        The Poconos in Penn.

        Park City Utah

        Dadeville Alabama

        Morgantown WVa.

        Sun Valley Idaho

        Williamsburg

        Westerly Rhode Island...coming up in June

        French Lick, Indiana...coming up in August

        Places in which friends and family have been my "guests" (units purchased or given under my membership):

        Cape Cod

        Blue Ridge Mtns NC

        Orlando

        Daytona Beach

        Santa Fe

        Sedona

        St. Thomas USVI

        Atlantic City

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Future "bucket list" trades/Getaways that I will want to make someday:

          Napa Valley

          Biloxi, Miss.

          Hilton Head

          Naples/Marco Fla area

          Door Co Wisc.

          Chicago/Ill area

          Lake Placid NY

          New Hampshire

          Acadia Maine

          Gatlinburg Tn

          Kauai

          Portland Ore. area

          Jackson Hole WY

          Kentucky, near Mammoth Cave

          New York City...though that may be impossible as nothing ever comes available.

          Places in Europe someday:

          Southern England...somewhere near London/Kent

          Scotland

          Paris

          French Riviera

          Southern Spain

          Venice

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
            #5

            My younger brother just retired as a pilot for Netjets and earned all kinds of flying mileage from return flights from locations he would leave the Gulfstream IV. He had two one week timeshares, one on Kauai and the other on Oahu, but he got to always fly there free because of the flying mileage accumulated. He has traded for time on both Maui and the Big Island, but rarely used it for any other locations since he and his wife love Hawaii so much. I've been lucky enough to come along to both Kauai and Maui and this Dec. we are going to the Big Island for just over a week of their two weeks there.

            It's been tempting to buy a time share too, but we usually manage one trip a year other than the invited timeshare my brother offers on occasion. Been on transatlantic cruise to Azores + 3 southern ports in Spain, staying in Barcelona and driving to Paris for another week stay. Two weeks in Italy including Rome, Venice, Florence and Tuscan countryside. A week in Akumal, Yucatan. Cruise with the grandkids on Disney to St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Bahamas and another to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. Also had a trip to Brussels with a drive to Bruges, Normandy, Northern France and WW I Meuse Argonne/St. Michelle/Verdun. When the kids were teens we took them to England for two weeks, St. John USVI a week and drove to Teotihuacan, Mexico from Texas to climb up the Pyramid of the Sun. Didn't have all the mass drug cartel killings and kidnappings at that time though.

            Now we have a trip to Madrid and drive to various paradores around central Spain coming up in Oct. for two weeks. After that and Hawaii, who knows? I've thought about a Windstar sailing ship cruise through the Grenadines or maybe going back to St. John. But I'd have to sell it with a stay on St.Thomas for the shopping anchor I take along. 😁

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
              #6

              If you do buy a timeshare, you may want to buy one on the secondary market. Purchasing directly from the resort developer means you pay big bucks...depending on where you buy. But you can go on ebay and pick one up for as low as a dollar, plus closing costs.

              A lot of timeshares are purchased on the points system. I am not a points owner. There can be advantages to points, but essentially it seems to me that points is just a way to give you less for more money.

              One group you do NOT want to buy with is the Westgate group. I own a Diamond Resort...as you see above, the Polo Towers.

              Of course, as you see from my posts above, I have never stayed in my TS, always traded. Summer in Las Vegas is not....to me, prime time...though my week does have a pretty high "Travel Demand Index"....which is simply a measure of how in demand a week in a particular location may be.

              Since your brother owns a timeshare I assume that he probably belongs to one of the big TS exchange companies, either RCI or Interval International (II). From his account you can simply purchase "Getaway" or Bonus/Extra Vacation" weeks....paying a small guest certificate fee plus the price of the Getaway. That way you can use it to travel to tons of places without actually having the investment in a timeshare.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 23k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'll have ask him about that. His is with Marriott.

                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • T TexasAg1969

                  I'll have ask him about that. His is with Marriott.

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  I'll have ask him about that. His is with Marriott.

                  That is one of the big companies. They trade on Interval International, the same group that I belong to. I have stayed in couple of Marriotts. One in Panama City FLa, one in Park City, Utah. Very nice.

                  But they too have been big on pushing for points.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I honestly thought people didn't buy into the Time Share scam anymore. Guess I was wrong.

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                      I honestly thought people didn't buy into the Time Share scam anymore. Guess I was wrong.

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                      I honestly thought people didn't buy into the Time Share scam anymore. Guess I was wrong.

                      Yes, you are wrong....about both aspects. I am not saying there is not some "scamming" going on out there, (though really it is less a "scam" than it is just about certain groups using high pressure sales tactics) but if you are with the right situation, and smart about it, having a timeshare can be a rewarding experience. And there are millions and millions of timeshare owners who can attest to it.

                      As you can see from all the uses I have made of mine. It is actually more cost effective to travel, again, if you are smart.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 23k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I guess the reason I have avoided them, besides the initial outlay, is that when I travel I like to actually rent a car and stay at various places so I can see a lot more of the area. With the exception of a week in Paris and a week in Akumal, Mex., all trips in other countries have been like that. I get a better feel for the people and the area and also get a lot of "local" recommendations on sights to see or places to eat. Exceptions are when we get to be my brother's guest at one of the Hawaiian isles. But we still rent a car and go to various places all around each isle when we are there, just stay in one spot. Two of our best trips were a few days in Barcelona, Spain and then driving to Paris and staying in Bordeaux on the way there. And the other was a few days in Rome, train to Venice a few days, train to Florence a few more and then driving into Tuscany to stay one location and drive around several days. I just like the flexibility of being able to plan a trip with multiple short stays in various locations. Really looking forward to driving all around central Spain with multiple stays in paradores before staying in Madrid the last 4 days to hit all the museums.

                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • T TexasAg1969

                          I guess the reason I have avoided them, besides the initial outlay, is that when I travel I like to actually rent a car and stay at various places so I can see a lot more of the area. With the exception of a week in Paris and a week in Akumal, Mex., all trips in other countries have been like that. I get a better feel for the people and the area and also get a lot of "local" recommendations on sights to see or places to eat. Exceptions are when we get to be my brother's guest at one of the Hawaiian isles. But we still rent a car and go to various places all around each isle when we are there, just stay in one spot. Two of our best trips were a few days in Barcelona, Spain and then driving to Paris and staying in Bordeaux on the way there. And the other was a few days in Rome, train to Venice a few days, train to Florence a few more and then driving into Tuscany to stay one location and drive around several days. I just like the flexibility of being able to plan a trip with multiple short stays in various locations. Really looking forward to driving all around central Spain with multiple stays in paradores before staying in Madrid the last 4 days to hit all the museums.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @texasag1969 said:

                          I guess the reason I have avoided them, besides the initial outlay, is that when I travel I like to actually rent a car and stay at various places so I can see a lot more of the area. With the exception of a week in Paris and a week in Akumal, Mex., all trips in other countries have been like that. I get a better feel for the people and the area and also get a lot of "local" recommendations on sights to see or places to eat. Exceptions are when we get to be my brother's guest at one of the Hawaiian isles. But we still rent a car and go to various places all around each isle when we are there, just stay in one spot. Two of our best trips were a few days in Barcelona, Spain and then driving to Paris and staying in Bordeaux on the way there. And the other was a few days in Rome, train to Venice a few days, train to Florence a few more and then driving into Tuscany to stay one location and drive around several days. I just like the flexibility of being able to plan a trip with multiple short stays in various locations. Really looking forward to driving all around central Spain with multiple stays in paradores before staying in Madrid the last 4 days to hit all the museums.

                          I do it both ways. Two weeks ago I did a "road trip" through Kansas and parts of Missouri/Nebraska/Colorado. I also use timeshares. In June I am staying in Rhode Island, in August in French Lick, Indiana.

                          Assuming I do the Houston game for my fall trip, which is what I am now thinking, that will be a "road trip" like you describe...I will follow the Natchez Trace beginning in Nashville, then a couple of days in New Orleans, a couple in Lafayette La., three nights in Houston before heading home.

                          My wife likes a trip where we have a few "down days"....where she can just relax at the resort a bit in addition to a few days of sightseeing.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                            • 18k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Just curious Gip how old are you now and did you always travel?

                            I used to travel every year until I was in an auto accident which has slowed me way down. I'll be 67 in September mentally I sure don't act or feel 67 more like 27.

                            Did a fair amount of traveling for work seminars, plant visits and troubleshooting in my 20s and 30s. We also went on vacation every year even before we were married only repeat visit was Oahu, Hawai'i. Our honeymoon was to Mexico City and Acapulco, great trip!

                            GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • mjp28M mjp28

                              Just curious Gip how old are you now and did you always travel?

                              I used to travel every year until I was in an auto accident which has slowed me way down. I'll be 67 in September mentally I sure don't act or feel 67 more like 27.

                              Did a fair amount of traveling for work seminars, plant visits and troubleshooting in my 20s and 30s. We also went on vacation every year even before we were married only repeat visit was Oahu, Hawai'i. Our honeymoon was to Mexico City and Acapulco, great trip!

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                              #14

                              @mjp28 said:

                              Just curious Gip how old are you now and did you always travel?

                              I used to travel every year until I was in an auto accident which has slowed me way down. I'll be 67 in September mentally I sure don't act or feel 67 more like 27.

                              Did a fair amount of traveling for work seminars, plant visits and troubleshooting in my 20s and 30s. We also went on vacation every year even before we were married only repeat visit was Oahu, Hawai'i. Our honeymoon was to Mexico City and Acapulco, great trip!

                              I am 65. I think you can say that I have been traveling as a "serious hobby" since about 1997., but I would travel quite a bit before that. When we were kids in the 50s and 60s my Dad would take us on summer vacations to the Smoky Mtns, Shenandoah, New England. Camping trips. In college I would do spring break to Florida a few years. I also did some "guy" trips back then....went to Maine, Colorado and few other spots. I then started going to Kiwanis Conventions in 1985...Toronto, St. Louis, Montreal, DC, Anaheim, Denver, Miami, Nashville. I bought my timeshare while at a Kiwanis Convention in Las Vegas. That is when I started really keeping track. I had a goal to have been in all 50 states by the time I was 50, and I did that. Hit the last two: Hawaii in 2001 and Alaska in 2002...when I was 50. I have been on a National Park kick since. At one time I had been to every designated National Park in Continental US....but then they added one out in Calif. that I have not been to yet (Pinnacles). There are now 59 national parks. I have been to 52. The one newest one in Cal., one in American Samoa...and 5 in Alaska, which are unreachable by auto. You must take a float plane to get to them.

                              There are a total of 417 National Park units (inclusive of the 59 national parks). I have now been to 326 of them. (They have actually added 5 to the total just this year.).

                              I have concentrated mostly on the USA....but I have actually also been to all of these Canadian Provinces:: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland and The Yukon. The only ones I have not been to are Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.

                              I have only been to Europe twice and visited England, France and Ireland. (but I do have 5-6 places I do want to see in the future) A few times, before it was super crazy, I took a couple of trips just over the border into Mexico...at Tijuana and Nogales. Plus I did spend a week in Puerto Vallarta. Would not do the border thing now. I have been to the Caribbean only a couple of times, to the Cayman Islands and to St. John/St. Thomas USVI. I do have St. Croix and Puerto Rico on my bucket list as the only remaining Carrib. spots I have much interest in.

                              I have never been on a cruise. (though, my wife would love to do that)

                              Would I go? Maybe..if one made a stop in PR of St. Cx for a couple of days, but they don't do that.

                              Never been to S. America, Asia or Australia.

                              Edit: note, I have just been on my travel chat room in the last few days and the subject of Acapulco came up. Everyone warned against going there, as it is now a major city that has turned into a basic shithole. It is apparently very dirty now, and overrun with drug violence. Too bad.....when I was young Acapulco was considered the cool place in Mexico to visit. No longer. Lucky you got there before things turned to shit.

                              Puerto Vallarta was cool though. But I have no plans to ever re-visit Mexico.

                              mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The GipperT The Gipper

                                  @mjp28 said:

                                  Just curious Gip how old are you now and did you always travel?

                                  I used to travel every year until I was in an auto accident which has slowed me way down. I'll be 67 in September mentally I sure don't act or feel 67 more like 27.

                                  Did a fair amount of traveling for work seminars, plant visits and troubleshooting in my 20s and 30s. We also went on vacation every year even before we were married only repeat visit was Oahu, Hawai'i. Our honeymoon was to Mexico City and Acapulco, great trip!

                                  I am 65. I think you can say that I have been traveling as a "serious hobby" since about 1997., but I would travel quite a bit before that. When we were kids in the 50s and 60s my Dad would take us on summer vacations to the Smoky Mtns, Shenandoah, New England. Camping trips. In college I would do spring break to Florida a few years. I also did some "guy" trips back then....went to Maine, Colorado and few other spots. I then started going to Kiwanis Conventions in 1985...Toronto, St. Louis, Montreal, DC, Anaheim, Denver, Miami, Nashville. I bought my timeshare while at a Kiwanis Convention in Las Vegas. That is when I started really keeping track. I had a goal to have been in all 50 states by the time I was 50, and I did that. Hit the last two: Hawaii in 2001 and Alaska in 2002...when I was 50. I have been on a National Park kick since. At one time I had been to every designated National Park in Continental US....but then they added one out in Calif. that I have not been to yet (Pinnacles). There are now 59 national parks. I have been to 52. The one newest one in Cal., one in American Samoa...and 5 in Alaska, which are unreachable by auto. You must take a float plane to get to them.

                                  There are a total of 417 National Park units (inclusive of the 59 national parks). I have now been to 326 of them. (They have actually added 5 to the total just this year.).

                                  I have concentrated mostly on the USA....but I have actually also been to all of these Canadian Provinces:: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland and The Yukon. The only ones I have not been to are Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.

                                  I have only been to Europe twice and visited England, France and Ireland. (but I do have 5-6 places I do want to see in the future) A few times, before it was super crazy, I took a couple of trips just over the border into Mexico...at Tijuana and Nogales. Plus I did spend a week in Puerto Vallarta. Would not do the border thing now. I have been to the Caribbean only a couple of times, to the Cayman Islands and to St. John/St. Thomas USVI. I do have St. Croix and Puerto Rico on my bucket list as the only remaining Carrib. spots I have much interest in.

                                  I have never been on a cruise. (though, my wife would love to do that)

                                  Would I go? Maybe..if one made a stop in PR of St. Cx for a couple of days, but they don't do that.

                                  Never been to S. America, Asia or Australia.

                                  Edit: note, I have just been on my travel chat room in the last few days and the subject of Acapulco came up. Everyone warned against going there, as it is now a major city that has turned into a basic shithole. It is apparently very dirty now, and overrun with drug violence. Too bad.....when I was young Acapulco was considered the cool place in Mexico to visit. No longer. Lucky you got there before things turned to shit.

                                  Puerto Vallarta was cool though. But I have no plans to ever re-visit Mexico.

                                  mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 18k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                                  #16

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  ......

                                  Edit: note, I have just been on my travel chat room in the last few days and the subject of Acapulco came up. Everyone warned against going there, as it is now a major city that has turned into a basic shithole. It is apparently very dirty now, and overrun with drug violence. Too bad.....when I was young Acapulco was considered the cool place in Mexico to visit. No longer. Lucky you got there before things turned to shit.

                                  Puerto Vallarta was cool though. But I have no plans to ever re-visit Mexico.

                                  We went to Mexico in 1981, 36 years ago, the "old" peso/$USD exchange rate was 25:1 I only wish I had an empty suitcase for the great deals I passed up in particular some sweaters and a hand tooled leather attache case way better than my Ohio leather case. I had two memorable meals at French restaurants of all places in the "Zona Rosa" in Mexico City. There was a lot to do in Mexico City but stay in the "Americanized" hotels where you can drink the water, I hoped to return but never did.

                                  Then on to Acapulco the flight over on Mexicana airlines was memorable because my seat wasn't completely bolted to the floor but Alcapulco was nice, just finished redoing the main road through town. My rental car was a piece of junk but it was a memorable trip. When we drove over to the cliff divers and Love Boat dock someone stole my sandals out of my car -but- that was the only thing that was bad on the whole trip. Still I'd prefer Waikiki to Acapulco.

                                  My wife took a cruise with fellow nursing 50ers about 10 years ago went on the Western route Ft. Lauderdale/ Key West / Cozumel/ Belize / Ft. Lauderdale. Great deal, she found it in a Walmart ad, took it to our travel agent and she matched it! About $450 for the whole trip, I booked land excursions and air, $858 total. (I was always good at that stuff.) I was on Caribbean cruises years back, I'd prefer the Western routes now.

                                  Would I ever go to Mexico now, never.

                                  GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Actually, the well known tourist areas in Mexico of PV, Cancun, Mazatlan and a few more are fine from what I understand. As I said, I get a lot of info from my travel chat board on this subject. For whatever reason the Mexicans want their tourists safe in those parts of the country. There is one guy there that spends two weeks a year in Mexico...and has no problems.

                                    But not the border areas. Not Tijuana/Nogales/Juarez etc. You don't want to go there, but PV, Cancun you would be OK.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                      • 28k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.

                                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                      mjp28M The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                        How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.

                                        mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                        • 18k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                        How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.

                                        From Belize.com, they think it's nice. 😉

                                        https://www.belize.com/top-ten-reasons-to-live-or-retire-in-belize

                                        GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                          How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                          How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.

                                          My neighbor here in my office building owns a condo in Belize. I will have to ask him about it.

                                          Or how about this: have any of you all spent time in Puerto Rico. Its on my bucket list, sort of. My choices for going there are that I could spend an entire week in a timeshare.......or I could accede to my wife's desire to take a cruise sometime and schedule that makes a stop there in San Juan for a day. (or....one that departs from there).

                                          Is Puerto Rico worth an entire week's stay...or just a day or so?

                                          mjp28M T 3 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate