Time Share Talk
-
Sounds like a cruise either from San Juan, or stopping there for a day is about all you need of it, eh?
Sounds like a cruise either from San Juan, or stopping there for a day is about all you need of it, eh?
I'd check around for the latest news on locations before traveling plus online forums, etc. Personal references are good but I'd weigh them out.
For another source of information: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html
-
Sounds like a cruise either from San Juan, or stopping there for a day is about all you need of it, eh?
I'd check around for the latest news on locations before traveling plus online forums, etc. Personal references are good but I'd weigh them out.
For another source of information: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html
I'd check around for the latest news on locations before traveling plus online forums, etc. Personal references are good but I'd weigh them out.
For another source of information: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html
That was not much help. For specific hotels, resorts, attractions, etc., TripAdvisor is best. But to give issues on big matters like crime, unrest etc. I guess you have to go to the state department.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html
Alert April 25, 2017
Peru Travel Alert Warning April 12, 2017
Pakistan Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017
Israel, The West Bank and Gaza Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017
Niger Travel Warning Alert April 6, 2017
Kenya Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2017
Nigeria Travel Warning Warning March 30, 2017
Sudan Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017
Democratic Republic of the Congo Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017
Saudi Arabia Travel Warning Warning March 28, 2017
Turkey Travel Warning Alert March 24, 2017
French Guiana Travel Alert Warning March 22, 2017
Mauritania Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017
Cameroon Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017
Syria Travel Warning Warning March 21, 2017
Afghanistan Travel Warning Warning February 22, 2017
Eritrea Travel Warning Warning February 15, 2017
Lebanon Travel Warning Warning February 14, 2017
El Salvador Travel Warning Warning February 7, 2017
North Korea Travel Warning Warning January 31, 2017
Iraq Travel Warning Warning January 27, 2017
Libya Travel Warning Warning January 23, 2017
Honduras Travel Warning Warning January 13, 2017
Kenya Travel Warning Warning January 11, 2017
Somalia Travel Warning Warning January 5, 2017
Bangladesh Travel Warning Warning January 4, 2017
Republic of South Sudan Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016
Egypt Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016 J
ordan Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016
Mali Travel Warning Warning December 20, 2016
Philippines Travel Warning Warning December 15, 2016
Venezuela Travel Warning Warning December 14, 2016
Ukraine Travel Warning Warning December 13, 2016
Algeria Travel Warning Warning December 8, 2016
Mexico Travel Warning Warning December 6, 2016
Ethiopia Travel Warning Warning November 15, 2016
Burundi Travel Warning Warning November 4, 2016
Haiti Travel Warning Warning November 4, 2016
Chad Travel Warning Warning October 19, 2016
Central African Republic Travel Warning Warning October 6, 2016
Yemen Travel Warning Alert October 6, 2016
South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Season - Travel Alert Warning September 29, 2016
Tunisia Travel Warning Warning August 22, 2016
Iran Travel Warning Alert June 3, 2016
Hurricane and Typhoon Season 2016 Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2016
Colombia Travel Warning Warning January 20, 2016
No Puerto Rico.
-
I'd check around for the latest news on locations before traveling plus online forums, etc. Personal references are good but I'd weigh them out.
For another source of information: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html
That was not much help. For specific hotels, resorts, attractions, etc., TripAdvisor is best. But to give issues on big matters like crime, unrest etc. I guess you have to go to the state department.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html
Alert April 25, 2017
Peru Travel Alert Warning April 12, 2017
Pakistan Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017
Israel, The West Bank and Gaza Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017
Niger Travel Warning Alert April 6, 2017
Kenya Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2017
Nigeria Travel Warning Warning March 30, 2017
Sudan Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017
Democratic Republic of the Congo Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017
Saudi Arabia Travel Warning Warning March 28, 2017
Turkey Travel Warning Alert March 24, 2017
French Guiana Travel Alert Warning March 22, 2017
Mauritania Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017
Cameroon Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017
Syria Travel Warning Warning March 21, 2017
Afghanistan Travel Warning Warning February 22, 2017
Eritrea Travel Warning Warning February 15, 2017
Lebanon Travel Warning Warning February 14, 2017
El Salvador Travel Warning Warning February 7, 2017
North Korea Travel Warning Warning January 31, 2017
Iraq Travel Warning Warning January 27, 2017
Libya Travel Warning Warning January 23, 2017
Honduras Travel Warning Warning January 13, 2017
Kenya Travel Warning Warning January 11, 2017
Somalia Travel Warning Warning January 5, 2017
Bangladesh Travel Warning Warning January 4, 2017
Republic of South Sudan Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016
Egypt Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016 J
ordan Travel Warning Warning December 23, 2016
Mali Travel Warning Warning December 20, 2016
Philippines Travel Warning Warning December 15, 2016
Venezuela Travel Warning Warning December 14, 2016
Ukraine Travel Warning Warning December 13, 2016
Algeria Travel Warning Warning December 8, 2016
Mexico Travel Warning Warning December 6, 2016
Ethiopia Travel Warning Warning November 15, 2016
Burundi Travel Warning Warning November 4, 2016
Haiti Travel Warning Warning November 4, 2016
Chad Travel Warning Warning October 19, 2016
Central African Republic Travel Warning Warning October 6, 2016
Yemen Travel Warning Alert October 6, 2016
South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Season - Travel Alert Warning September 29, 2016
Tunisia Travel Warning Warning August 22, 2016
Iran Travel Warning Alert June 3, 2016
Hurricane and Typhoon Season 2016 Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2016
Colombia Travel Warning Warning January 20, 2016
No Puerto Rico.
That was not much help. For specific hotels, resorts, attractions, etc., TripAdvisor is best. But to give issues on big matters like crime, unrest etc. I guess you have to go to the state department.
No Puerto Rico.
Central and South America sure are a mess.
-
How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.
My neighbor here in my office building owns a condo in Belize. I will have to ask him about it.
Or how about this: have any of you all spent time in Puerto Rico. Its on my bucket list, sort of. My choices for going there are that I could spend an entire week in a timeshare.......or I could accede to my wife's desire to take a cruise sometime and schedule that makes a stop there in San Juan for a day. (or....one that departs from there).
Is Puerto Rico worth an entire week's stay...or just a day or so?
My neighbor here in my office building owns a condo in Belize. I will have to ask him about it.
Or how about this: have any of you all spent time in Puerto Rico. Its on my bucket list, sort of. My choices for going there are that I could spend an entire week in a timeshare.......or I could accede to my wife's desire to take a cruise sometime and schedule that makes a stop there in San Juan for a day. (or....one that departs from there).
Is Puerto Rico worth an entire week's stay...or just a day or so?
Took a cruise with a stop in Belize where we took a river trip up to the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. Excellent trip with tons of howler monkeys, parrots and other wildlife along the way.
Never been to Puerto Rico but I am interested in going to Dominican Republic since I spent two summers as a dorm counselor for Dominican students studying agriculture at A&M. They have some pretty nice beachfront developments there like in Punta Cana
-
How about Belize? I heard it's crime ridden, although they have a lot of ads spouting about how great it is to retire there.
My neighbor here in my office building owns a condo in Belize. I will have to ask him about it.
Or how about this: have any of you all spent time in Puerto Rico. Its on my bucket list, sort of. My choices for going there are that I could spend an entire week in a timeshare.......or I could accede to my wife's desire to take a cruise sometime and schedule that makes a stop there in San Juan for a day. (or....one that departs from there).
Is Puerto Rico worth an entire week's stay...or just a day or so?
My neighbor here in my office building owns a condo in Belize. I will have to ask him about it.
Or how about this: have any of you all spent time in Puerto Rico. Its on my bucket list, sort of. My choices for going there are that I could spend an entire week in a timeshare.......or I could accede to my wife's desire to take a cruise sometime and schedule that makes a stop there in San Juan for a day. (or....one that departs from there).
Is Puerto Rico worth an entire week's stay...or just a day or so?
Took a cruise with a stop in Belize where we took a river trip up to the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. Excellent trip with tons of howler monkeys, parrots and other wildlife along the way.
Never been to Puerto Rico but I am interested in going to Dominican Republic since I spent two summers as a dorm counselor for Dominican students studying agriculture at A&M. They have some pretty nice beachfront developments there like in Punta Cana
-
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
-
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
That seems to reference one particular city: Belmpan. But Belize may be like Mexico....go to the wrong place and it may be bad news. But go to the right place, like Cancun or Puerto Vallarta and its all good, catering to tourists. I have been to PV and it was fine. Would never want to cross the border into Ciudad Juarez though.
-
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
In 2010, an American citizen and a Belizean were killed by jaguars in separate incidents.....
You have to watch out for those jags.
Actually Belize is no more dangerous and maybe much safer than most foreign destinations.
-
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
In 2010, an American citizen and a Belizean were killed by jaguars in separate incidents.....
You have to watch out for those jags.
Actually Belize is no more dangerous and maybe much safer than most foreign destinations.
-
Think I'll pass on that condo in Belize:
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21487
In 2010, an American citizen and a Belizean were killed by jaguars in separate incidents.....
You have to watch out for those jags.
Actually Belize is no more dangerous and maybe much safer than most foreign destinations.
-
No doubt safer than Mexico but this is an increasingly dangerous world.Safer then what? Mexico?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login