Skip to content

Manny Ramirez SUSPENDED 50 Games - Performance Enhancers

The Browns Board
65 23 3.9k
  • B Booker wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

  • I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

    Dan in FloridaD Dan in Florida wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @booker said:

    I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

    Maybe THAT'S why he has such LOVELY hair!

  • I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

    SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @booker said:

    I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

    Yup, the ESPN article above states the same thing.

  • @booker said:

    I heard on the Rome show it was a FEMALE FERTILITY DRUG!!!

    Yup, the ESPN article above states the same thing.

    B Booker wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @socalbrownsfan said:

    Yup, the ESPN article above states the same thing.

    Good deal, I can't get to ESPN while I'm at work 🥷

  • B BuckeyeDawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I am currently in dental school, and I believe the drug that is in question is used by many people taking steroids to help mask some of the undesirable side effects (mostly man boobs--excess testosterone actually gets converted to estrogen) from taking supplemental hormones. This is all from memory from a year or so ago so I am be a little off but Im fairly sure this is right.

  • I am currently in dental school, and I believe the drug that is in question is used by many people taking steroids to help mask some of the undesirable side effects (mostly man boobs--excess testosterone actually gets converted to estrogen) from taking supplemental hormones. This is all from memory from a year or so ago so I am be a little off but Im fairly sure this is right.

    Dan in FloridaD Dan in Florida wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @buckeyedawg said:

    I am currently in dental school, and I believe the drug that is in question is used by many people taking steroids to help mask some of the undesirable side effects (mostly man boobs--excess testosterone actually gets converted to estrogen) from taking supplemental hormones. This is all from memory from a year or so ago so I am be a little off but Im fairly sure this is right.

    jzk20k.jpg

    Lookin' Good Manny!

  • @buckeyedawg said:

    I am currently in dental school, and I believe the drug that is in question is used by many people taking steroids to help mask some of the undesirable side effects (mostly man boobs--excess testosterone actually gets converted to estrogen) from taking supplemental hormones. This is all from memory from a year or so ago so I am be a little off but Im fairly sure this is right.

    jzk20k.jpg

    Lookin' Good Manny!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dan-in-florida said:

    jzk20k.jpg

    Lookin' Good Manny!

    Dayum!......Talk about Manny being Manuela!

  • N ndneighbor wrote on last edited by
    #10

    22.5 million a year and now they need someone to fill in for about 1/3 of the season.

    Doesn't MLB have a hotline for these guys to verify if a med. is banned or not?

    Manny being . . . 🤔

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by Riffer X
    #11

    Here is an example of a bulking cycle where HCG is used.

    8 Week Mens BULKING Cycle

    [KIT 8]

    $500.00

    Cycle reviewed and approved by BIG A, IFBB PRO, owner of www.professionalmuscle.com

    * WEEKS 1- 6: Danabol 30mg Every Day

    * WEEKS 1- 8: Deca Durabolin 400mg Per Week

    * WEEKS 1- 8: Sustanon 750mg Per Week

    * WEEKS 1-10: Anastrozol 0.25mg Every Day

    * WEEKS 1-10: HCG 300-500iu Every 4-5 Days

    * WEEK 11 : 40mg Nolva/100mg Clomid Every Day

    * WEEK 12 : 30mg Nolva/ 50mg Clomid Every Day

    * WEEK 13: 20mg Nolva/ 50mg Clomid Every Day

    THIS KIT CONTAINS:

    * 2 x HCG (Pregnyl) 5000 IU, 1 amp by Organon

    * 1 x NOLVADEX (TAMOXIMED) (tamoxifene) 10mg/tab by Balkan Pharmaceuticals (Size: 50 tabs)

    * 1 x ANASTROZOL 0.25 MG by Balkan Pharmaceuticals (Size: 100 tabs)

    * 3 x CLOMID 50mg by Balkan Pharmaceuticals (Size: 10 tabs)

    * 4 x DECA-DURABOLIN 200mg/ml by Stealth Labs (Size: 5 ml)

    * 1 x SUSTANON 250 mg/ml by Stealth Labs (Size: 20 ml)

    * 1 x SUSTANON 250 mg/ml by Stealth Labs (Size: 5 ml)

    * 3 x DANABOL 10 MG by Balkan Pharmaceuticals (Size: 50 tabs)

    Here is a profile of the drug. This is an older article and says the drug can't be tested for, so that is false. Manny has been juicing for years, my only question is he had to have somebody holding his hand for him doing it cuz that dumb bastard is way too stupid to do juice on his own.

    HCG (Generic name: Human chorionic gonadotropin)

    Pregnyl by Organon. 5,000 to 20,000 IU (International Units) per 10 cc vials. This drug is not a steroid but it is widely used in athletics today. HCG is a natural protein hormone secreted by the human placenta and purified form the urine of pregnant women. This hormone is not a natural male hormone but mimics the natural hormone LH (Luetinising Hormone) almost identically. This LH stimulates the production of testosterone by the testis in males. Thus HCG sends the same message and results in increased testosterone production by the testis due to HCG’s effect on the leydig cells of the testis.

    Normally this HCG is used to treat women with certain ovarian disorders and it is used to stimulate the testis of men who may be hypogonadal. Athletes use HCG to increase the body’s own natural production of testosterone which is often depressed by long term steroid use. Also when steroids are used in high dosages they can cause false signals to the hypothalamus that results in a depressed signal to the testicles. Over a period of weeks of this depressed signal the testicles ability to respond to any signal from the pituitary becomes very weak, which results in testicular atrophy. To avoid this athletes will use HCG to keep an artificial signal going to the testis and preventing testicular atrophy. When administered, HGC raises serum testosterone very quickly. A rise in testosterone firs appears in about two hours after injecting HCG. The second peak occurs about two to four days later.

    HCG therapy has been found to be very effective in the prevention of testicular atrophy and to use the body’s own biochemical stimulating mechanisms to increase plasma testosterone level during training. Some steroid users find that they have some of their best strength and size gains while using HCG in conjunction with the steroids. This may wee be due to the facts that the body has high level of natural androgens as well as the artificial steroid hormones at that time.

    The optimal dosage for an athlete using HCG has never been established, but it is thought that a single shot of 1000 to 2000 IU per week will get the desired results. Cycles on the HCG should be kept down to three weeks at a time with an off cycle of at least a month in between. For example, one might use the HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of a cycle, and for two or three weeks at the end of a cycle. It has been speculated that the prolonged use of HCG could repress the body’s own production of gonadotropins permanently. This is why the short cycles are the best way to go.

    The side effects from HCG use include gynecomastia, water retention, and an increase in sex drive, mood alterations, headaches, and high blood pressure. HCG raises androgen levels in males by up to 400% but it also raises estrogen levels dramatically as well. This is why it can cause a real case of gynecomastia if dosages get too elevated for that person. Another side effect seen from HCG use is morning sickness (nausea and vomiting). There have been no cases of overdose complications with the use of HCG nor have there been any associated carcinomas, liver or renal impairment. HCG was at one point looked at to see if it could carry the AIDS virus, due to the fact that it is biologically active, but the latest word is that this could not be possible in any way.

    So we see how HCG be used by athletes to avoid some of the problems associated with abruptly stopping a steroid cycle. This product is also not picked up on steroid tests, so some athletes use it to keep androgen levels high before a contest that has drug testing. HCG must be refergerated after it is mixed together, and it then has a life of about 10 weeks. It is taken intramuscularly only; this drug is often available by order of a physician if you show symptoms of hypogonadism. It is hard to find on the black market.

  • N neohionative wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Someone get Canseco back in front of a microphone. I still remember when he was touting his book Vindicated on Lanigan last spring and said that A-Rod was dirtier than hell. I really think its time the sports writers get over their phobia and give him more than begrudging credit.

    1) he's an asshole, we all know it

    2)he embarassed the major league not once with his use, but many times over by (accurately) labeling other offenders

    but...

    1) as stated above he's been damn accurate in his allegations, unless he penned the Mitchell report in secret, the guy has proven himself time and again

    2) that awesome bounce from his head to a home run in the early 90's was classic, still one of my favorite Indians' memories from childhood

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Manny gets 50 days, while A-roid gets a pass.

  • Manny gets 50 days, while A-roid gets a pass.

    B BuckeyeDawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mr.-t said:

    Manny gets 50 days, while A-roid gets a pass.

    I don't like arod but the circumstance is different. Arod was found guilty before any rules were in place while Mannys just happened.

  • L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Zombo said:

    He also said he was 90% sure Manny was juicing when no one else ever publicly suspected him.

    Canseco has more credibility than anyone in baseball right now.

    Zombo

    --It's a sad, sad, sad, baseball world.

    I think we have to look at anyone who is hitting like crazy with suspicion. I suspect many pitchers have increased their longevity with steroids as well.

    The whole sport is dirty as hell.

  • Zombo said:

    He also said he was 90% sure Manny was juicing when no one else ever publicly suspected him.

    Canseco has more credibility than anyone in baseball right now.

    Zombo

    --It's a sad, sad, sad, baseball world.

    I think we have to look at anyone who is hitting like crazy with suspicion. I suspect many pitchers have increased their longevity with steroids as well.

    The whole sport is dirty as hell.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @lemosley01 said:

    I think we have to look at anyone who is hitting like crazy with suspicion. I suspect many pitchers have increased their longevity with steroids as well.

    The whole sport is dirty as hell.

    You might as well just legalize HGH and let them go nuts

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #17

    it seems to me that the punishment for using drugs is not harsh enough. Hitters using it are effecting contracts for all pitcher because of the Statistics factor in baseball being so important.

    Pitchers whoever is using these drugs MASSIVELY effect the statistics of everyone involved with the games plus wins/losses and financial contracts.

    It seems to me that the only real effective prohibition would be a lifetime ban and being struck from all official records. Than the gamble would be so high to take them as to truly inhibit use.

  • it seems to me that the punishment for using drugs is not harsh enough. Hitters using it are effecting contracts for all pitcher because of the Statistics factor in baseball being so important.

    Pitchers whoever is using these drugs MASSIVELY effect the statistics of everyone involved with the games plus wins/losses and financial contracts.

    It seems to me that the only real effective prohibition would be a lifetime ban and being struck from all official records. Than the gamble would be so high to take them as to truly inhibit use.

    SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @osusev said:

    it seems to me that the punishment for using drugs is not harsh enough. Hitters using it are effecting contracts for all pitcher because of the Statistics factor in baseball being so important.

    Pitchers whoever is using these drugs MASSIVELY effect the statistics of everyone involved with the games plus wins/losses and financial contracts.

    It seems to me that the only real effective prohibition would be a lifetime ban and being struck from all official records. Than the gamble would be so high to take them as to truly inhibit use.

    You know what pisses me off, that Pete Rose is banned from baseball, but none of the juicers are.

  • @osusev said:

    it seems to me that the punishment for using drugs is not harsh enough. Hitters using it are effecting contracts for all pitcher because of the Statistics factor in baseball being so important.

    Pitchers whoever is using these drugs MASSIVELY effect the statistics of everyone involved with the games plus wins/losses and financial contracts.

    It seems to me that the only real effective prohibition would be a lifetime ban and being struck from all official records. Than the gamble would be so high to take them as to truly inhibit use.

    You know what pisses me off, that Pete Rose is banned from baseball, but none of the juicers are.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @socalbrownsfan said:

    You know what pisses me off, that Pete Rose is banned from baseball, but none of the juicers are.

    Yeah but baseball has always laid it out there about the consequences of betting on the sport, and Rose was stupid enough to do it and then lie about it when there was more evidence than OJ's case (well., not that much).

    Baseball has always made it known that gambling won't be tolerated basically dating back to the Black Sox scandal. Rose clearly violated it knowing the punishment. So far, there have been no dire consequences for juicers and they are obviously not that exclusive.

    Steroids have been and continue to be a stone cold epidemic in baseball from the Majors on down to single A and HS.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #20

    Every sport has their Shawne Merrimans.

    Some say it's okay because EVERYONE is doing it. I've been told I'm no better for BACKING the sport if I KNOW this is going on. Here's where I slam on the brakes and REMIND people that sports as RICH as the NFL have the $$$ to test as deeply as they should. This would INCLUDE detection of the new drug of choice HGH.

    Does GREED kill this idea? I mean how many double digit millionaires are they sending on an all expenses paid free trip to Hawaii every February with payoffs like $10,000 apiece for the losing Pro Bowl squad and $20,000 apiece for the winning team? Those payoffs are just my guesstimate but I hope you get my point. Think about it the next time you attend a game, pay for parking, buy the tickets, food and beverages for the family after you've paid the price for tickets for all. I haven't mentioned purchasing game jerseys for players that aren't staying employed by the Browns long enough for the exhange value justification.

    I LOVED the NFL before it got REALLY dirty because I LOVE football. I'm holding out hope this commish will do something about it all to clean up the game. Nothing wrong with getting back to SHEER hard work and stop rewarding the guys that cheat the most. I used to be a HUGE bodybuilding fan when I was naive. But that sport ended up rewarding the biggest cheaters much like the NFL in the 70s. Dallas & Pittsburgh had the most guys cheating so they found themselves in the most Superbowls right? What followed? The thinking that since nothing is being done about it beyond condonin winning at all costs - the ONLY way to beat these guys is to JOIN them in how widespread the winning at all costs mentality needs to be. One problem. They forgot kids want to emulate their heros so the NEXT generation of Jim Haslett and Bill Romanowski would later rationalize the Steelers as to why they did what they did. Like it or not, the NFL has shed a blind eye on this. SI did a casket count of Steelers being buried prematurely. When you see Mike Webster, often confused with Superman in his playing days, dying of a massive coronary at age 50 - you can only ask HOW does Superman die of a weak heart?

    What are young kids seeing today? Arod, Manny, and Merriman are ALL paid insanely high as elite players in their sport. That's the message like it or not. The ONLY way to beat them is to JOIN them. Any of these guys losing bonuses or an ounce of sleep? What makes them do so?

    IMO, justifying something as right because EVERYONE is doing it when there's considerable resources to STOP it is a copout. If they clean up the NFL and MLB, who's going to stop watching it? That's my ultimate hope.

    Do you know when I QUIT following MLB? When it gave me the middle finger for the umpteenth time in it's play stoppage from another absurd strike. What drew people back? Cal Ripken's streak and a bunch steroid cycles chasing a home run record. In the process, the wonderful LONG standing home run records made by guys of average build and non-compromised ethics were deemed forgettable. And folks, Roger Clemons isn't ANY better than Barry Bonds when he referred his wife to the RIGHT guy to set her body up for the RIGHT look in her bikini poses for the magazine shoot. Mrs Clemons used the same road map her husband had for Shortcut City and very coincidentally used the SAME guy. Go figure and guess who allegedly didn't know a THING about it? Haven't you ever just wondered HOW Mrs Clemons knew exactly whom to look to for such a secret shortcut? The SCARY thing is half the Senators at that farce of a hearing Congress held were better at getting Roger's autograph for their children than they were at conecting the dots that led Mrs Clemons to Roger's go-to boy. I'm guessing the autographs behind closed doors made him a more honorable liar than Barry bonds has ever been.

    If I wanted to follow Counterfeit Champions - I would have been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. But guess what? I'm a Cleveland Browns fan! Always have been - always will be. If the Browns are juicing more than other teams or they hired a Team Doctor like DR HGH in Pittsburgh, color me naive.

    - Tom F.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @inspecta said:

    Baseball blows, and I'm with Flugs, they went very wrong when a bunch of juiced up posers erased the records of real men with real talent.

    I haven't followed baseball with any fervor since I was a kid and Charles Nagy was on the mound and Carlos Baerga was at 2nd base.

    I'll ditto that. Until baseball takes the same stance as track & field, first offense you're gone for two years, next one is a lifetime ban. And void all their records while you're at it. No one shed a tear when Ben "the steroid factory" Johnson got his world record in the 100 wiped out. As far as I'm concerned, McGuire, Sosa's, A-roid, Bonds, & Clemens records all belong in the trash can, and like Pete Rose- no Hall of Fame for you.

  • @inspecta said:

    Baseball blows, and I'm with Flugs, they went very wrong when a bunch of juiced up posers erased the records of real men with real talent.

    I haven't followed baseball with any fervor since I was a kid and Charles Nagy was on the mound and Carlos Baerga was at 2nd base.

    I'll ditto that. Until baseball takes the same stance as track & field, first offense you're gone for two years, next one is a lifetime ban. And void all their records while you're at it. No one shed a tear when Ben "the steroid factory" Johnson got his world record in the 100 wiped out. As far as I'm concerned, McGuire, Sosa's, A-roid, Bonds, & Clemens records all belong in the trash can, and like Pete Rose- no Hall of Fame for you.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    I'll ditto that. Until baseball takes the same stance as track & field, first offense you're gone for two years, next one is a lifetime ban. And void all their records while you're at it. No one shed a tear when Ben "the steroid factory" Johnson got his world record in the 100 wiped out. As far as I'm concerned, McGuire, Sosa's, A-roid, Bonds, & Clemens records all belong in the trash can, and like Pete Rose- no Hall of Fame for you.

    Good points Larry! And I'd LOVE for the NFL to stop making a horrible role model like Shawne Merriman as their poster boy. Do you remember what fan told everyone on our board that gaining 54 pounds of lean muscle in 15 months is physiologically impossible without serious weird science involved? Dude was a NOBODY struggling to gain more reps on a ho-hum Maryland football team PRE-weird science.

    If the league has the WEALTH to do the right thing - then handcuffing cheaters is every bit as important as handcuffing pass rushers and defensive backs in today's game.

    It's NOT the game that needs to be corrected - it's the lookaway behind the game they've been cleverly disguising as "winning at all costs" as if positive connotation is deserved. Does anyone REALLY think Jim Haslett or Bill Romanowski tackled ballcarriers any better than Ray Nitchske or Dick Butkus? Has the NFL produced a better RB than Jim Brown since the 60s? My point is the game NEVER sucked before Pittsburgh turned football into the team with the most juice has the most electricity for a Trophy. My favorite football team has always been an EASY choice because I've seen the cheap imitations since the day they changed the name of the Championship to Superbowl. The Browns were in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championships from 1946 to 1955. Could the Boston Celtics even lay claim to such an impressive feat? They won their 8th and last NFL Championship in 1964, which was a decade before the NFL's Dark Ages of steroids.

    - Cliff Notes Clavin (The author formerly known as Flugel)