Skip to content

Mock Draft Central... The Pro's

The Browns Board
164 20 3.8k
  • @londonbrown said:

    According to the chart moving from 12 to 4 would cost our fourth rounder

    Polian this morning says that if the Browns want to move up that far from 12 to take MT, that they are going to have to pay on the order of what the Redskins paid to move up to get RGIII....or what the Eagles paid to move up to get Wentz.. In other words, two first round picks plus. Especially, he said, if the deal is being made with another AFC team. His comment was "if you want to get better at our expense (meaning as a rival AFC team), you are going to have to pay a premium.

    So, while the draft trade chart values may say a 4th rounder is all it would take to move up....the actual human beings in the rooms are going to want to be lavished beyond all avarice.

    @the-gipper said:

    Polian this morning says that if the Browns want to move up that far from 12 to take MT, that they are going to have to pay on the order of what the Redskins paid to move up to get RGIII....or what the Eagles paid to move up to get Wentz.. In other words, two first round picks plus. Especially, he said, if the deal is being made with another AFC team. His comment was "if you want to get better at our expense (meaning as a rival AFC team), you are going to have to pay a premium.

    So, while the draft trade chart values may say a 4th rounder is all it would take to move up....the actual human beings in the rooms are going to want to be lavished beyond all avarice.

    And that's why this FO wont do it

  • Charlie's assuming competition for the pick to take a QB.

    Word is that both the 49ers and the Bears are looking to trade down and most of the potential trade up partners are not QB-seekers. That adds up to a buyers market and Charlie being dead wrong.

    Does not necessarily mean a 4th will "get 'er dun", but the chart is only a starting point and it's a long way to multiple #1's from a 4th.

    In the end it all boils down to how confident a team is that they will get the player they covet at the pick they trade down to. If they're 100% sure, then any added value is enough to do the deal. Not sure how they'd get to 100%, but I'm sure some do...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Polian this morning says that if the Browns want to move up that far from 12 to take MT, that they are going to have to pay on the order of what the Redskins paid to move up to get RGIII....or what the Eagles paid to move up to get Wentz.. In other words, two first round picks plus. Especially, he said, if the deal is being made with another AFC team. His comment was "if you want to get better at our expense (meaning as a rival AFC team), you are going to have to pay a premium.

    So, while the draft trade chart values may say a 4th rounder is all it would take to move up....the actual human beings in the rooms are going to want to be lavished beyond all avarice.

    And that's why this FO wont do it

    @londonbrown said:

    And that's why this FO wont do it

    I suspect, yes. If it costs an arm and a leg and a testicle to move up, no, they won't do it.

  • Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

  • Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

    @mudfly said:

    Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

    Think long, think wrong and the Browns are the expert thinkers of the NFL. Nothing they do would surprise me. Piss me off, yes. Surprise me, no. 😡

    DO NOT SCREW THIS UP!!!!

  • This FO is a steel trap.

  • This FO is a steel trap.

    @wargograw said:

    This FO is a steel trap.

    Yes they are....but once you start calling everyone else....the trap opens.....

    Id say, based upon what Ive heard(and it's been going all day), is that it's fairly certain and confirmed they are making the calls.......

    The rest (IE...who they want) is all speculation though....

  • I'm on the record: the Browns should let the draft come to them and use the top 4 picks on day one impact guys (no QB).

    If they take Watson at 1, 12 or in a trade up from 12. I'll be running the car in the garage Friday morning(assuming I survive the amount of whiskey I have Thursday night).

  • Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

    @mudfly said:

    Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

    honestly I say to relax cause as I said in a different thread I believe it is all smoke in the hope that some other team will move up for a qb and then we have a better chance to get the player we really want

  • Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    Which makes me very nervous.....very very.......(unless they're planning to nab Adams along with Garrett)......

    But I fear its a QB.....and we will way over pay and lose some of our top picks.....(for a guy I dont even want at 2.1)....

    The scenario being discussed is us using #1 to take Trubs(or maybe Watson) and then trading up to tap a top defensive player......I dunno.....just dont like that scenario at all

    Praying it's just a horrible horrible rumor.......but they seemed to be saying that it's 100% certain the Browns are investigating the move up.....but no one knows for whom....

    For one year only....Im feeling more and more like we should just let the draft come to us and see how it plays out....

    @mudfly said:

    Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    And in other "news".... the Browns talked to 21 other teams about their interest in trading up.

    It's called due diligence...

    Mud, Mud, Mud... I'm disappointed... but out of respect I did not say "due fucking diligence"... 😉

  • @mudfly said:

    Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    And in other "news".... the Browns talked to 21 other teams about their interest in trading up.

    It's called due diligence...

    Mud, Mud, Mud... I'm disappointed... but out of respect I did not say "due fucking diligence"... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    And in other "news".... the Browns talked to 21 other teams about their interest in trading up.

    It's called due diligence...

    Mud, Mud, Mud... I'm disappointed... but out of respect I did not say "due fucking diligence"... 😉

    I understand due diligence.....not sure that every team makes those calls tho.....I get it and pray to heaven above that is all it is.....

    Really just running out of things to talk about, so figured this would be good fodder......it was a 2 hour topic on Redzone last night too....and I trust Jim Donovan to not be too sensational with the things he presents

    Of course.....if it happens.....I do not want hear how amazing that plan was..... 😉

  • @mudfly said:

    Well, the very loud buzz today is that the Browns are talking to every team inside the top 10, feeling out the trade "up" situation....

    And in other "news".... the Browns talked to 21 other teams about their interest in trading up.

    It's called due diligence...

    Mud, Mud, Mud... I'm disappointed... but out of respect I did not say "due fucking diligence"... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    And in other "news".... the Browns talked to 21 other teams about their interest in trading up.

    It's called due diligence...

    Mud, Mud, Mud... I'm disappointed... but out of respect I did not say "due fucking diligence"... 😉

    Sounds good in theory as long as it does not turn into, "due to their fucking stupidity" the Browns give away the moon and trade up for..............

  • Peter King's final mock is out...

    Peter King’s Mock Draft: Expect Weirdness

    The Browns finally spend some draft capital and get two top names? Which playoff team has a QB fall into its lap? And who will make the big moves and pull off the big surprises? In projecting the first round, it’s best to realize that, like the draft itself, it’s mostly a crapshoot

    The best way to think about the weirdness of this draft is this: There’s a gulf between the first player on the vast majority of NFL boards—Texas A&M pass-rusher Myles Garrett—and the second player on those boards. And there is no consensus on who that second player is. That’s why this mock draft will probably be like every other one in the mediasphere before Thursday night: wrong.


    Giving it our best shot here, on the eve of the 2017 draft. Notes: I don’t have Dalvin Cook in the first round because teams are worried about him off the field, but he certainly could go between 15 and 32 … I really wanted to put Davis Webb late in the round, because there is buzz on the Cal quarterback for his play and his leadership, and he may go 32 to a team wanting the fifth-year option on a quarterback … Seattle (26) and New Orleans (32) would love to move down to pick up an extra third-round selection … Florida linebacker Jarrad Davis is gaining loads of steam in the last few days, and it’s pretty solid he’ll be a first-rounder now.


    The mock:
    1. CLEVELAND
    Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    Getting serious about picking the best player, and not just a Hail Mary QB, at No. 1.
    2. SAN FRANCISCO
    Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
    Niners could go in four or five directions—Garrett if Browns pass. Would love to deal down.
    3. CHICAGO
    Jamal Adams, S, LSU
    Bears also big Solomon Thomas fans but will be happy with generational safety.
    4. JACKSONVILLE
    Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
    Jags’ needs (T, QB) do not match this draft. Watch for Deshaun Watson here too.
    5. TENNESSEE
    Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
    The Titans will be in play to trade down. In fact, most every team in top 10 is too.
    6. CLEVELAND (from N.Y. Jets)
    Browns trade 12th, 33rd and 181st picks for No. 6 overall.
    Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
    Could divide the building, but owner hired DePodesta to make ballsy calls like this.

    https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-qb-first-round-trades

  • Gotta add that the Mike & Mike show spent at least an hour on this very topic this morning...IE: the Browns and moving up for a QB.....so, imho, when a national show and all the local shows and a TV show all make this their #1 topic....it's more than due diligence....

    Just my take....

  • haha what nonsense, Podesta is NOT there to make picks. The media are so out the loop with Cleveand it's ridiculous, they dont have the first clue.

  • haha what nonsense, Podesta is NOT there to make picks. The media are so out the loop with Cleveand it's ridiculous, they dont have the first clue.

    @londonbrown said:

    haha what nonsense, Podesta is NOT there to make picks. The media are so out the loop with Cleveand it's ridiculous, they dont have the first clue.

    Seriously?....who do you think is the main influence and most trusted resource when making the picks?......

    I know Shashi is the bottom line or tie breaker dude.....but has zero football knowledge.....so who's top talent guy or direction setter?

    It's either Berry or Depo.....and I think Depo probably has the tools designed to over ride Berrys(and scouts) personal opinions....(I think)....

    Chief Strategy Officer sounds pretty important.....

  • @londonbrown said:

    haha what nonsense, Podesta is NOT there to make picks. The media are so out the loop with Cleveand it's ridiculous, they dont have the first clue.

    Seriously?....who do you think is the main influence and most trusted resource when making the picks?......

    I know Shashi is the bottom line or tie breaker dude.....but has zero football knowledge.....so who's top talent guy or direction setter?

    It's either Berry or Depo.....and I think Depo probably has the tools designed to over ride Berrys(and scouts) personal opinions....(I think)....

    Chief Strategy Officer sounds pretty important.....

    @mudfly said:

    Seriously?....who do you think is the main influence and most trusted resource when making the picks?......

    I know Shashi is the bottom line or tie breaker dude.....but has zero football knowledge.....so who's top talent guy or direction setter?

    It's either Berry or Depo.....and I think Depo probably has the tools designed to over ride Berrys(and scouts) personal opinions....(I think)....

    Chief Strategy Officer sounds pretty important.....

    Yes he is the strategy officer in how the club runs itself, he is not a football guy, he sets the football guys up in how it all runs. Strategy means how the organisation strategises top to bottom, not making picks that make those underneath him redundant

  • @mudfly said:

    Seriously?....who do you think is the main influence and most trusted resource when making the picks?......

    I know Shashi is the bottom line or tie breaker dude.....but has zero football knowledge.....so who's top talent guy or direction setter?

    It's either Berry or Depo.....and I think Depo probably has the tools designed to over ride Berrys(and scouts) personal opinions....(I think)....

    Chief Strategy Officer sounds pretty important.....

    Yes he is the strategy officer in how the club runs itself, he is not a football guy, he sets the football guys up in how it all runs. Strategy means how the organisation strategises top to bottom, not making picks that make those underneath him redundant

    @londonbrown said:

    Yes he is the strategy officer in how the club runs itself, he is not a football guy, he sets the football guys up in how it all runs. Strategy means how the organisation strategises top to bottom, not making picks that make those underneath him redundant

    Hate to tell ya....but he's their primary personnel numbers guy....the analytic man....the one who decides what #'s to crunch and what trends show up with players....his job is 100% player evaluation and has no organizational responsibility...(that organizational stuff is for Jimmy, Dee and Shashi to do)

    Curious who you think the "football guy" is who is making the picks?....( & please dont say Shashi is an evaluator or football personnel guy)

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yes he is the strategy officer in how the club runs itself, he is not a football guy, he sets the football guys up in how it all runs. Strategy means how the organisation strategises top to bottom, not making picks that make those underneath him redundant

    Hate to tell ya....but he's their primary personnel numbers guy....the analytic man....the one who decides what #'s to crunch and what trends show up with players....his job is 100% player evaluation and has no organizational responsibility...(that organizational stuff is for Jimmy, Dee and Shashi to do)

    Curious who you think the "football guy" is who is making the picks?....( & please dont say Shashi is an evaluator or football personnel guy)

    @mudfly said:

    Hate to tell ya....but he's their primary personnel numbers guy....the analytic man....the one who decides what #'s to crunch and what trends show up with players....

    Then you did not watch the interview he had on camera the other week, that is NOT what he is. He sets up the personnel in the organisation to do what you think he does, HE IS NOT PICKING PLAYERS.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yes he is the strategy officer in how the club runs itself, he is not a football guy, he sets the football guys up in how it all runs. Strategy means how the organisation strategises top to bottom, not making picks that make those underneath him redundant

    Hate to tell ya....but he's their primary personnel numbers guy....the analytic man....the one who decides what #'s to crunch and what trends show up with players....his job is 100% player evaluation and has no organizational responsibility...(that organizational stuff is for Jimmy, Dee and Shashi to do)

    Curious who you think the "football guy" is who is making the picks?....( & please dont say Shashi is an evaluator or football personnel guy)

    @mudfly said:

    Curious who you think the "football guy" is who is making the picks?....( & please dont say Shashi is an evaluator or football personnel guy)

    The fallacy in the NFL that a GM makes all the picks is the issue here, do you think Jerry Jones is sitting watching tape every day for 10 months? Every team has a number of scouts, they report to others, in our case it's numbers guys (as it is in a lot more other teams than people care to admit). All those things come together along with the head coach and co-ordinators to see where thet want to go. The idea that one guy is making all the picks is such nonsense, it's a lazy concept from outside the game.