Skip to content

Mock Draft Central... The Pro's

The Browns Board
164 20 3.8k
  • PFF has a new 3-rounder out:

    • 1.01 MG
    • 1.12 Adams
    • 2.01 Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
    • 2.52 Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
    • 3.01 Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

    Full draft here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-3-round-mock-draft-myles-garrett-marshon-lattimore-first-off-board/?utm_content=buffer79538&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

    Noteworthy others on the board at time of pick:

    • 1.01 Everyone.... 🙂
    • 1.12 Thomas, Reddick
    • 2.01 McKinley, Obi, Conley, Adoree Jackson, King, Wilson, Sidney Jones, Peppers
    • 2.52 Brantley, Awuzie, Engram, Kizer, Mixon, Marcus "My FS" Williams, Zae Jones, Eddie Jackson
    • 3.01 Budda Baker, McMillan, Rasul Douglas
  • And Walter has a new, 5-round out...

    1.01 MG

    1.12 Trubs

    2.01 Conley (CB)

    2.22 Baker (FS)

    3.01 JuJu Smith-Shuster (WR)

    4.01 Jaleel Johnson (DT)

    5.01 Jamaal Williams (RB)

    5.32 Sam Rodgers (FB) ???

    5.38 Josh Dobbs (2nd QB) ???

  • And another MG - Trubs, 1-2 from CBS Sports...

    2017 NFL Mock Draft: Cowboys find next Witten; Fournette falls out of first round

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-find-next-witten-fournette-falls-out-of-first-round/

    Spoiler Alert: the new Witten is Engram??? I thought Witten could block.

  • Under the PFF picks there is no way I take anyone over Thomas there, because a miracle will have occurred for that to have happened and I would have taken that as a sign from God that he wants his second son to play for the Browns so Cleveland gets a football resurrection. 😁

    Note: God please have a sense of humor and don't strike me dead. Plus his name is Solomon-very biblical. 😉

  • This nonsense about Fournette falling out of the first round is simply Retarded. Yeah, running backs are "devalued" and all of that, but last time I checked teams still LOVED to run the pill, and he can do it better than most. He ain't going second round...they can get that taste out of their mouth. Also, I don't think running back is anything CLOSE to a position of need for the Browns, but if OJ Howard is gone by 12, something tells me Hue Jackson likes Dalvin Cook. I have absolutely no factual information to support this, LOL...just a feeling. Cook can catch, break the big one, and runs like the wind. Yeah, his 40 time wasn't "mind blowing", but I watched him play A LOT, and slow...he AINT. And the thing with Cook is he just needs a crease...just a tiny crack...and he's GONE. He's extremely powerful, more so than you'd think, and he has big play potential out the ying-yang. He excels at counter plays, and our OL is athletic enough to pull and get out in front. His vision is truly special, and I can see him coming to town. Bitonio NEEDS to stay healthy because when he was playing, we could run the damn ball.

    Again, it's not what I would do at 12, but Cook is special. I just happen to think we have SO MANY other positions of need.

  • Speaking of Fournette and 12...

    It's reported that he's shed 12# between his Pro-Day and his round of team visits...

  • Speaking of Fournette and 12...

    It's reported that he's shed 12# between his Pro-Day and his round of team visits...

    @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of Fournette and 12...

    It's reported that he's shed 12# between his Pro-Day and his round of team visits...

    Between the combine and pro-days.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rb-leonard-fournette-shows-lsu-pro-day-surprisingly-light-following-nfl-combine-140318356.html

  • @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of Fournette and 12...

    It's reported that he's shed 12# between his Pro-Day and his round of team visits...

    Between the combine and pro-days.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rb-leonard-fournette-shows-lsu-pro-day-surprisingly-light-following-nfl-combine-140318356.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    Between the combine and pro-days.

    So that's 24 total??? 😛

  • In a related note.. Kiper raised our 2016 draft grade. All the way from "C" to "C+"...

    ... so we've got that going for us.

    Browns draft class gets boost in Mel Kiper Jr. re-grade

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-draft-class-gets-boost-in-Mel-Kiper-Jr-re-grade-52169421

  • Mel's and Todd's dueling V4.0's are out. Can't say I am crazy about either... but I like Todd's less.

    Mel Kiper & Todd McShay complete dueling two-round mock drafts for Browns

    by Chris Pokorny@DawgsByNature Apr 6, 2017, 6:01pm EDT

    In the past, we’ve seen Todd McShay and Mel Kiper of ESPN collaborate on a three-round mock draft together. This year, instead of posting their “Mock Draft, version 4.0” mocks separately, they decided to combine them into one post so readers could better compare and contrast the drafts.

    Each person did a two-round mock draft. The results are below:

    Mel Kiper


    No. 1 Overall: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M | No change at the top. Garrett is the best pass-rusher in a class full of them. He's a rare talent and a physical freak (4.64 40-yard dash and 41-inch vertical at 6-foot-4, 272 pounds), and he also produces on the field (32.5 sacks in three seasons).

    No. 12 Overall: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson | One of Trubisky and Watson will probably be available here at No. 12; can the Browns really pass on another potential franchise quarterback? They're getting this pick from last year's trade that netted the Eagles Carson Wentz, who flashed Pro Bowl potential as a rookie. Watson is certainly more experienced than Trubisky, and he's used to the bright lights that will shine on him on Day 1 in Cleveland.


    No. 33 Overall: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma | The Browns still have several needs. They could keep an eye on the pass-rushers and cornerbacks here, in particular, but I'm going with the dynamic Mixon, who could sneak into the first round. He has off-field issues and won't be on the draft boards for every team, but he's a tremendous talent. He had 65 catches and nine receiving touchdowns the past two seasons.

    No. 52 Overall: Marcus Maye, S, Florida | So that makes a defensive end, quarterback, running back and safety as four of the Browns' picks in the first two rounds. Maye broke his arm in November and played in only nine games, but he's an explosive defender. He forced five fumbles in 2015.

    Kiper has had Garrett going to the Browns in all three of his mock drafts at No. 1 overall. This is the first time he had Watson going to the Browns — previous mocks had RB Dalvin Cook, CB Tre'Davious White, and QB Mitch Trubisky going to Cleveland at No. 12.

    Todd McShay


    No. 1 Overall: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M | Yeah, there's no reason to overthink this, Cleveland. Take the clear-cut best player in this draft.

    No. 12 Overall: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama | The Browns got an up-close look at Howard in January, coaching the star TE at the Senior Bowl. Trubisky would obviously be an option if the board fell this way, but at the moment I'm just not getting a strong QB vibe from the Browns, though it's still early. Selecting Howard would allow Cleveland to continue to develop its roster until it can find the QB it wants.

    No. 33 Overall: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame | Kizer is not a finished product, but this would be a long-term play for the Browns and coach Hue Jackson. Kizer has an enticing physical skill set, including elite arm strength; his mechanics still need some work, though.

    No. 52 Overall: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC | Smith-Schuster played a ton of football at USC (39 starts), finishing his career with 213 catches for 3,092 yards and 25 TDs. With 4.54 speed, he doesn't profile as a deep threat in the NFL, but Smith-Schuster has solid size (6-1, 215) and reliable hands.

    McShay has had Garrett going to the Browns in his previous two mock drafts at No. 1 overall (his first one had Jonathan Allen). This is the first time he had Howard going to the Browns — previous mocks had OLB Takkarist McKinley, QB Mitch Trubisky, and QB Deshaun Watson going to Cleveland at No. 12.

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/4/6/15211730/mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-complete-dueling-two-round-mock-drafts-for-browns

  • In a related note.. Kiper raised our 2016 draft grade. All the way from "C" to "C+"...

    ... so we've got that going for us.

    Browns draft class gets boost in Mel Kiper Jr. re-grade

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-draft-class-gets-boost-in-Mel-Kiper-Jr-re-grade-52169421

    @tour2ma said:

    In a related note.. Kiper raised our 2016 draft grade. All the way from "C" to "C+"...

    ... so we've got that going for us.

    Browns draft class gets boost in Mel Kiper Jr. re-grade

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-draft-class-gets-boost-in-Mel-Kiper-Jr-re-grade-52169421

    I read that headline and didn't even click on the link. I thought to myself, "How in the world would it get a better grade unless our original grade was awful to begin with, and it was raised only slightly?" Yep, I was dead on. Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

  • @tour2ma said:

    In a related note.. Kiper raised our 2016 draft grade. All the way from "C" to "C+"...

    ... so we've got that going for us.

    Browns draft class gets boost in Mel Kiper Jr. re-grade

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-draft-class-gets-boost-in-Mel-Kiper-Jr-re-grade-52169421

    I read that headline and didn't even click on the link. I thought to myself, "How in the world would it get a better grade unless our original grade was awful to begin with, and it was raised only slightly?" Yep, I was dead on. Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I read that headline and didn't even click on the link. I thought to myself, "How in the world would it get a better grade unless our original grade was awful to begin with, and it was raised only slightly?" Yep, I was dead on. Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

    Q the Mudman. 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    In a related note.. Kiper raised our 2016 draft grade. All the way from "C" to "C+"...

    ... so we've got that going for us.

    Browns draft class gets boost in Mel Kiper Jr. re-grade

    http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-draft-class-gets-boost-in-Mel-Kiper-Jr-re-grade-52169421

    I read that headline and didn't even click on the link. I thought to myself, "How in the world would it get a better grade unless our original grade was awful to begin with, and it was raised only slightly?" Yep, I was dead on. Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

    Was gonna reply....but you said it well.....(spot on)

    @texasag1969 said:

    Q the Mudman. 😉

    Who's Q and why is he the mudman?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Coleman has MUCH to prove (although far from bust status at THIS point), the other three WR's showed virtually NOTHING, and I struggle to think of anyone other than Ogbah that even made a real impact. It takes a couple of years to accurately grade a draft, but I have to say...right now it doesn't look good. Like...at all.

    Was gonna reply....but you said it well.....(spot on)

    @texasag1969 said:

    Q the Mudman. 😉

    Who's Q and why is he the mudman?

    @mudfly said:

    Who's Q and why is he the mudman?

    The guy who will blink us an all world defense by the time the draft ends in 2017. 😉

    220px-Q_%28Star_Trek%29.jpg

    Get to work! 😁

  • Dane Brugler most recent mock has all 3 QBs going in Top 10:

    MT to 49ers with #2

    Kizer to Bears with #3

    Watson to Bills at 10

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

  • I hope so, that will push a lot of defensive talent down to 12. It would be great if there were 2 RBs taken as well.

  • The closer it gets the clearer it seems the teams like this QB class a lot more than fans and "draft scouts"

  • The closer it gets the clearer it seems the teams like this QB class a lot more than fans and "draft scouts"

    @londonbrown said:

    The closer it gets the clearer it seems the teams like this QB class a lot more than fans and "draft scouts"

    Teams know the importance of the position and obviously put a premium on it.

    As I said before "draft scouts" make mock drafts based on their own personal opinions...not on how they think each team will act. "X player in my opinion should only be a second round pick" so in their mock they make him a 2d round pick....notwithstanding the fact that certain teams desperately need that kind of player and are likely to take them in the much earlier portion of the process.

    Last year, many "draft scouts" had both Wentz and Goff as second round talents. Now refresh my memory...where did those two players get drafted?

  • .. or QBs are just the best material with which to troll for tradedowns.

    Both McShay and Mark Dominik were on NFL Insiders agreeing on how teams with the greatest number of needs, like SF, should be eager to trade into the depth that will be there in rounds two and three... accumulating picks along the way.

    Both also agree that the top half of the 1st round is too high for any QB in this draft, but neither would be surprised if a team takes one that high... and moves up to do it.

    And one last agreement... Dominik remarked that this draft had more franchise changing potential than any in recent years... and that is due to its depth. McShay agreed.

    OK... one more... both agreed we have to take MG at #1...

  • Cleveland.com has a summary article on the week's major mocks...

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_mock_draft_2017_roundup_br_2.html

    All have MG at # 1...

    • DJ has WR Corey Davis at 12.
    • SI's Burke, who still has Trubs at 12, is now hedging with an unnamed CB as a "Plan B" at 12.
    • Kiper has switched from Trubs to Watson.
    • McShay has switched from Watson to OJH with Kizer at 33.
    • CBS' Brugler has OJH at 12.
    • Three other CBS'ers have Trubs at 12.