Skip to content

Camp McCaffrey

The Browns Board
36 13 1.8k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Don't open up the opportunity for another JG/ Pats trade discussion...

    Jimmy Garropolo was traded to the Browns for Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Brock Osweiller, the 2018 first round pick and two 2018 second round picks. I'm SOOOOOO happy.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... hoorta needs something to do.

    My only job is to bitch slap stupid trade scenarios. Mitch will not be there @ #11, and the Saints aren't trading out of that spot. So I propose trading our #12, the #33, the 2018 first round, one of the 2018 seconds to the 49ers to move up to #2 to take Mitch. I'm lovin' it. 😛

    @hoorta said:

    Jimmy Garropolo was traded to the Browns for Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Brock Osweiller, the 2018 first round pick and two 2018 second round picks. I'm SOOOOOO happy.

    My only job is to bitch slap stupid trade scenarios. Mitch will not be there @ #11, and the Saints aren't trading out of that spot. So I propose trading our #12, the #33, the 2018 first round, one of the 2018 seconds to the 49ers to move up to #2 to take Mitch. I'm lovin' it. 😛

    Bitch slap? It looked like you gave it a punt, pass and kick before the first rooster in Ohio woke up. Not bad for an old feller.

    Here's some of my stupid speak from decades of training from our FOs. I have a feeling this Garrapolo trade is/was contingent on Josh Gordon because there isn't an NFL drug addict or behavioral problem BB can't cure during his multi-task from what I always read. We haven't exactly been spoiled at the QB position. I'm at the point where I'll take a QB that can throw the ball into Lake Erie from the wet rocks touching it and baby step it to reading progressions and rpms; especially after watching a dumb ass like Weeden never understand he could get outside the pocket to throw the ball away rather than take a sack or donate another pick 6. Arm strength without brain cells is like a Fall without sunshine...

    We have a perfect draft volume with ideal positions to let it all fall to us without the distraction of spending more time on making the trades than focusing on what we want when it's our turn to make the pick. If you fail to prepare - prepare to fail. Are any of all those picks we got for Julio Jones still on the roster? I think Mitch L.Schwartz was the last guy to leave while Julio was the X-factor in the vertical game that eased matchups for his peers and MVP QB. I think we even flushed that extra 1st round pick we got from Indy for Tiny Dancer Richardson down the crapper. Moral of the story? Let the draft come to you like the teams that are good at drafting do.

  • https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/christian-mccaffrey-advanced-stats-metrics-nfl-draft-profile/

    "Best Comparable: Duke Johnson"

    I hear that guy plays somewhere nearby...

  • I for one do not think "Duke" when I watch McCaffrey's tape... but then any Duke collegiate tape is a distant memory....

  • McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

  • @hoorta said:

    Jimmy Garropolo was traded to the Browns for Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Brock Osweiller, the 2018 first round pick and two 2018 second round picks. I'm SOOOOOO happy.

    My only job is to bitch slap stupid trade scenarios. Mitch will not be there @ #11, and the Saints aren't trading out of that spot. So I propose trading our #12, the #33, the 2018 first round, one of the 2018 seconds to the 49ers to move up to #2 to take Mitch. I'm lovin' it. 😛

    Bitch slap? It looked like you gave it a punt, pass and kick before the first rooster in Ohio woke up. Not bad for an old feller.

    Here's some of my stupid speak from decades of training from our FOs. I have a feeling this Garrapolo trade is/was contingent on Josh Gordon because there isn't an NFL drug addict or behavioral problem BB can't cure during his multi-task from what I always read. We haven't exactly been spoiled at the QB position. I'm at the point where I'll take a QB that can throw the ball into Lake Erie from the wet rocks touching it and baby step it to reading progressions and rpms; especially after watching a dumb ass like Weeden never understand he could get outside the pocket to throw the ball away rather than take a sack or donate another pick 6. Arm strength without brain cells is like a Fall without sunshine...

    We have a perfect draft volume with ideal positions to let it all fall to us without the distraction of spending more time on making the trades than focusing on what we want when it's our turn to make the pick. If you fail to prepare - prepare to fail. Are any of all those picks we got for Julio Jones still on the roster? I think Mitch L.Schwartz was the last guy to leave while Julio was the X-factor in the vertical game that eased matchups for his peers and MVP QB. I think we even flushed that extra 1st round pick we got from Indy for Tiny Dancer Richardson down the crapper. Moral of the story? Let the draft come to you like the teams that are good at drafting do.

    @flugel said:

    Bitch slap? It looked like you gave it a punt, pass and kick before the first rooster in Ohio woke up. Not bad for an old feller.

    Tom, the Jimmy thread was turning into regurgitated BS that was going nowhere- it had to be shut down. It's one of the very few (if not only times) I've had to close a thread.

    PS Gordon for Garropolo- straight up.

  • McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

    @domcucch1994 said:

    McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

    OK, but he's not worth multiple picks.

  • McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

    @domcucch1994 said:

    McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

    The comparable sized Eric Metcalf ended up being more of a dangerous return man than any particular offensive role he had here. That's fine and all but pick #1 or #12 seems kind of high togo for that. And then there was Dennis Northcutt whom we drafted at #32 overall in 2000. He was kind of a disappointment at WR while most of his excitement was on punt/kickoff returns.

    Having said all that, I think there's some places/situations McCaffrey can excel at besides the oft-mentioned NE.

    I'm hoping Hue chooses to go with more size at the slot like he did in Cincy with the 6-2 Mo Sanu and the feller I'm eye balling for this role is Seth DeValve who was carefully listed at WR & TE in some draft guides.

    The dynamic change I'd love to see is at TE with a guy that can play WR or TE just the way Ozzie Newsome could once upon a time when Lindy Infante was stretching defenses out horizontally and exploiting defenses with Ozzie down the middle. There's also a highlight from 86 somebody shared where Ozzie lined up just inside the sideline with a straight ahead Bernie bullseyed. Besides, if we stink at drafting WRs - there's a TE (OJ Howard) from Bama that runs a 4.5 with a catch radius of a 6-6 target (who just so happens to catch passes with his hands). BTW, Gary Barnidge started to look like a guy that will turn 32 this September.

    This would give our QB targets like Coleman, Britt, DeValve and Howard. We've done worse...

  • @flugel said:

    Bitch slap? It looked like you gave it a punt, pass and kick before the first rooster in Ohio woke up. Not bad for an old feller.

    Tom, the Jimmy thread was turning into regurgitated BS that was going nowhere- it had to be shut down. It's one of the very few (if not only times) I've had to close a thread.

    PS Gordon for Garropolo- straight up.

    @hoorta said:

    Tom, the Jimmy thread was turning into regurgitated BS that was going nowhere- it had to be shut down. It's one of the very few (if not only times) I've had to close a thread.

    PS Gordon for Garropolo- straight up.

    I don't blame you. I was just having some laughs. Sashi seems like the last guy that would want to part with every pick in our first 3 rounds this year or whatever ridiculous scenario that 1 columnist came up with.

    My take, it's not like BB has a lot of vacancies in his starting line-up this year so I'd bet he'd be willing to take one of our 2nd round picks next year plus Josh Gordon (understanding Gordon's history). BB is unique in the sense he doesn't need everything today so it's easy to see why he's more patient than other trade partners would be.

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    McCaffrey is going to be an impact player he would be a solid compliment to Crowell.

    The comparable sized Eric Metcalf ended up being more of a dangerous return man than any particular offensive role he had here. That's fine and all but pick #1 or #12 seems kind of high togo for that. And then there was Dennis Northcutt whom we drafted at #32 overall in 2000. He was kind of a disappointment at WR while most of his excitement was on punt/kickoff returns.

    Having said all that, I think there's some places/situations McCaffrey can excel at besides the oft-mentioned NE.

    I'm hoping Hue chooses to go with more size at the slot like he did in Cincy with the 6-2 Mo Sanu and the feller I'm eye balling for this role is Seth DeValve who was carefully listed at WR & TE in some draft guides.

    The dynamic change I'd love to see is at TE with a guy that can play WR or TE just the way Ozzie Newsome could once upon a time when Lindy Infante was stretching defenses out horizontally and exploiting defenses with Ozzie down the middle. There's also a highlight from 86 somebody shared where Ozzie lined up just inside the sideline with a straight ahead Bernie bullseyed. Besides, if we stink at drafting WRs - there's a TE (OJ Howard) from Bama that runs a 4.5 with a catch radius of a 6-6 target (who just so happens to catch passes with his hands). BTW, Gary Barnidge started to look like a guy that will turn 32 this September.

    This would give our QB targets like Coleman, Britt, DeValve and Howard. We've done worse...

    @flugel said:

    The comparable sized Eric Metcalf ended up being more of a dangerous return man than any particular offensive role he had here.

    Emphasis on here...

    Never finding a way to maximize Eric on Offense was frustrating to watch... then it was redoubled when he exploded in Atlanta in his first year.

  • @flugel said:

    The comparable sized Eric Metcalf ended up being more of a dangerous return man than any particular offensive role he had here.

    Emphasis on here...

    Never finding a way to maximize Eric on Offense was frustrating to watch... then it was redoubled when he exploded in Atlanta in his first year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Emphasis on here...

    Never finding a way to maximize Eric on Offense was frustrating to watch... then it was redoubled when he exploded in Atlanta in his first year.

    I totally agree. Metcalf was ideal for the 4 Receiver sets they liked to use in Atlanta. I think that was back when they used a lot of run and shoot under June Jones where he could keep his lighter Receivers off the ball and away from press. In 95, he had 104 receptions for 1189 yards and 8 TDs. He had less memorable stays for 1 season apiece in GB, Washington, Carolina, Arizona and SD so the right place and right coaching staff mattered as I expect it to for McCaffrey. I hate to see guys like Metcalf and McCaffrey with so much excitement potential just wasted in the wrong setting.

    Speaking of misusing a guy on offense, Josh Cribbs took direct snaps from Center at Kent State for 3-4 years to rush for over 3500 yards with 38 rushing TDs. Did that not tell us what he was exclusively trained to do all the while we square pegged a round hole wondering why the WR project wasn't taking off quite as well as hoped. It would have been fun to see what he could have done as a chance of pace RB here and there.

    NE can take a return man like Wes Welker from the Miami Dolphins and make him a productive WR just like they could take another former Kent State QB Julian Edelman and turn him into a terrific WR and STs guy. Sometimes prospects need to get lucky with what coaching staff, scheme and QB they go to. I think the huge difference between the Taylor Gabriel we had here in 2015 with 0 TDs, 8.6 ypc, 28 receptions for 241 yards under Flip vrs what he had in Atlanta under Kyle S with Matt Ryan at QB gave him the carpet diem for best football Cleveland wasn't even close to promising him in 2016.

  • And that was the early Bill B. era... Seeing him use even smaller and lesser backs from Woodhead to Lewis today makes you wonder what he could do with Eric now.

  • And that was the early Bill B. era... Seeing him use even smaller and lesser backs from Woodhead to Lewis today makes you wonder what he could do with Eric now.

    @tour2ma said:

    And that was the early Bill B. era... Seeing him use even smaller and lesser backs from Woodhead to Lewis today makes you wonder what he could do with Eric now.

    It sure does. BB grew up idolizing Paul Brown and now he's today's version of him (ahead of the curve)... Just watching the design of his team so it's ready for any situation or match-up sets him apart.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    I somehow see him getting picked by the Pats.

    Keep in mind NE already traded away their 32nd overall pick for Brandin Cooks.

    @flugel said:

    Keep in mind NE already traded away their 32nd overall pick for Brandin Cooks.

    I'm know, I see him as a Patriot fit. Julian Edelman will want paid and McCaffery may be a replacement. Not saying they will for sure draft him, just saying I I think he would fit the bill of what BB is looking for.

  • Bb will draft him in a heartbeat if he's there, count on it

  • Bb will draft him in a heartbeat if he's there, count on it

    @clevfan4life said:

    Bb will draft him in a heartbeat if he's there, count on it

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

  • @cambridgeho said:

    I somehow see him getting picked by the Pats.

    Picked with what?

    Somehow I know I will be sorry I asked...

    @tour2ma said:

    Picked with what?

    Somehow I know I will be sorry I asked...

    @tour2ma said:

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

    I'll role the dice 1st. But don't be sorry, you asked twice 😎...somewhere between Combine & trade of Pats pick at #32 it's no longer needed due to Belicheck having pick #12 in his pocket for Jimmy G. Bill may have his choice of OJ Howard or McCaffery...Another Cinderella Story? Mitch won't be there...Gumbylynic 🙂

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Bb will draft him in a heartbeat if he's there, count on it

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

    @tour2ma said:

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

    ???

  • @tour2ma said:

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

    ???

    @clevfan4life said:

    ???

    See gumby's post above yours...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Picked with what?

    Somehow I know I will be sorry I asked...

    @tour2ma said:

    With what?

    Whoa...

    Deja vu....

    I'll role the dice 1st. But don't be sorry, you asked twice 😎...somewhere between Combine & trade of Pats pick at #32 it's no longer needed due to Belicheck having pick #12 in his pocket for Jimmy G. Bill may have his choice of OJ Howard or McCaffery...Another Cinderella Story? Mitch won't be there...Gumbylynic 🙂

    @gumby73 said:

    I'll role the dice 1st. But don't be sorry, you asked twice 😎...somewhere between Combine & trade of Pats pick at #32 it's no longer needed due to Belicheck having pick #12 in his pocket for Jimmy G. Bill may have his choice of OJ Howard or McCaffery...Another Cinderella Story? Mitch won't be there...Gumbylynic 🙂

    We're not starting another Garropolo love fest. Until it comes true- don't even suggest it. Bill traded for Cooks because the Browns told him he can have the #12 for Jimmy? Far fetched at best.

    Yeah, Mitch won't be there because we're trading up with the Titans to get ahead of the Jets. Just as likely.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I'll role the dice 1st. But don't be sorry, you asked twice 😎...somewhere between Combine & trade of Pats pick at #32 it's no longer needed due to Belicheck having pick #12 in his pocket for Jimmy G. Bill may have his choice of OJ Howard or McCaffery...Another Cinderella Story? Mitch won't be there...Gumbylynic 🙂

    We're not starting another Garropolo love fest. Until it comes true- don't even suggest it. Bill traded for Cooks because the Browns told him he can have the #12 for Jimmy? Far fetched at best.

    Yeah, Mitch won't be there because we're trading up with the Titans to get ahead of the Jets. Just as likely.

    @hoorta said:

    We're not starting another Garropolo love fest. Until it comes true- don't even suggest it. Bill traded for Cooks because the Browns told him he can have the #12 for Jimmy? Far fetched at best.

    Hoorta you were right to close the tread.40 pages of beat to death repeated bla on a guy that could very well stay his last year for 800k. This all rides on Jimmy's choice. I believe at this point the Pats know Jimmy's answer. Draft Night shows up before camp. So the answer will be at the draft. Hue's job need's a answer at QB. Since Combine follow the path what Browns FO has taken, Follow what the other teams of needed QB's have done.Than the Pats made their move on from #32. Seems #2(Cousins?) & #3(Glennon) was just to rich to give up.Tick Tock..My train rides into Philly draft day,come on in.Could be Fun or Horrid all in 1 weekend 😎