Skip to content

Hue Jackson: Browns won't trade No. 1 overall pick

The Browns Board
81 26 2.3k
  • @roycerolls said:

    http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/6624

    Here is Tony's injury history. While looking at his last four seasons, you'll see 3 fractures and a herniated disc which required surgery...

    Maybe a team kicks the tires, but to move ANY quarterback because Romo joined the room doesn't seem very realistic to me.

    I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

    Agree completely.

  • @roycerolls said:

    http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/6624

    Here is Tony's injury history. While looking at his last four seasons, you'll see 3 fractures and a herniated disc which required surgery...

    Maybe a team kicks the tires, but to move ANY quarterback because Romo joined the room doesn't seem very realistic to me.

    I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

    B BroncoLurker wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

    I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @boo-fagley said:

    Sure, the Browns got Aresewiller because he is a real winner. Houston couldnt trade him fast enough.

    Why would a QB desperate team like Houston trade the Franchise away?

    Lol, who said Brock was any good?

    Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Sure, the Browns got Aresewiller because he is a real winner. Houston couldnt trade him fast enough.

    Why would a QB desperate team like Houston trade the Franchise away?

    Lol, who said Brock was any good?

    Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @hoorta said:

    Lol, who said Brock was any good?

    Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

    Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

  • @hoorta said:

    Lol, who said Brock was any good?

    Seriously, that was a move Bill would have made if he had the cap room. Houston got a salary dump, the Browns got a second round pick. We love the Ostrich so much he hasn't even been introduced, or held a press conference.

    Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

    So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works. 😉

  • @mark-o said:

    Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...

    So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works. 😉

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works. 😉

    I'm sorry....who?

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Hue did not say they won't trade the pick AT ALL, he said they would not do it for a qb. He has left the door open if someone blows them away. Also, Sashi said the same thing yesterday

  • Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @wargograw said:

    Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.

    If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Agree completely.

    I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.

    I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @broncolurker said:

    I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.

    Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.

  • @wargograw said:

    Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.

    If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Agree completely.

    I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tour2ma said:

    If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

    I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

    Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

  • @tour2ma said:

    If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...

    I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...

    Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @wargograw said:

    Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

    Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #54

    The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.

  • The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @wargograw said:

    The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.

    I agree wargonewrong.
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #56

    To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed

  • To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @clevfan4life said:

    To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed

    A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-throwing-passes-47-years-old-atlanta-falcons-robert-alford-032217

  • @wargograw said:

    Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

    Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @texasag1969 said:

    Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

    And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...

    Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.

    Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.

    If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.

    Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed

    A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-throwing-passes-47-years-old-atlanta-falcons-robert-alford-032217

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #59

    @texasag1969 said:

    A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-throwing-passes-47-years-old-atlanta-falcons-robert-alford-032217

    Oh they showed him last year throwing bombs and bullets to his kids outside

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #60

    And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that

  • @wargograw said:

    Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.

    Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @texasag1969 said:

    Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.

    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

    They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Hell I would love to have Favre/Romo throwing bombs to Flash Gordon this season