Hue Jackson: Browns won't trade No. 1 overall pick
-
Exactly... He's pretty clearly not the future but maybe the QB for this season if they don't like anyone in the draft well enough to take him. If they think the guy is in next years draft, we go with Cockwhistler for the season or maybe Concussler...
So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works.
So, you are stealing Ghoolie's nomenclature! Its Ok, it kinda works.
I'm sorry....who?
-
Hue did not say they won't trade the pick AT ALL, he said they would not do it for a qb. He has left the door open if someone blows them away. Also, Sashi said the same thing yesterday
-
Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.
If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...
Agree completely.
I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...
-
I think Elway is serious when he says he has no interest in Romo. And Romo has a big roster bonus due on April 17 if he is still with the team. So, I think he gets cut by then. Then, in my mind, the only question is whether or not the Texans would want him. Otherwise, he will be doing TV and be retired.
I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.
I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.
Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.
-
Brady will play 1-2 more years like every other QB.
If he gets hurt, yes, 1 or 2. If he stays healthy? More...
Agree completely.
I don't think Elway wants to trade for Romo, but if he's released I'd expect him to have a convo w/ Tony...
-
Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
-
The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.
-
The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.
I agree wargonewrong.The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.
-
To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed
-
To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed
To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
-
Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...
Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
-
To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
Oh they showed him last year throwing bombs and bullets to his kids outside
-
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
-
Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
-
Hell I would love to have Favre/Romo throwing bombs to Flash Gordon this season
-
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
Retired in 2010 so he was 41.
-
Testaverde played a long time as well.
-
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
I think you've been watching Cleveland QBs way too long if you think he still has it. LOL!

-
I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.
Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.
Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.
yeah, I see him staying in Cleveland until he retires. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see him get traded at the end of his prime if Cleveland isn't competitive, to help the Browns get prospects, give him a chance at a superbowl and obviously help the other team. I see our fans bring his name up on message boards in a trade scenario all the time, but fans come up unrealistic trades all the time because the other teams would never go for them.
-
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...
Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login