Hue Jackson: Browns won't trade No. 1 overall pick
-
The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.
I agree wargonewrong.The wall that Peyton Manning hit at the end of 2014 is coming for Brady. This is a guy who broke every single season record around just the year before. I am a fan of his, but Brady ain't superman.
-
To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed
-
To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed
To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
-
Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...
Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
-
To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
A guy throwing around short passes in a closed area is laughable.
Oh they showed him last year throwing bombs and bullets to his kids outside
-
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
-
Won't matter IMO. He'll hit the 40 year old wall like 99.99% of men that have ever lived.
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
-
Hell I would love to have Favre/Romo throwing bombs to Flash Gordon this season
-
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
They didn't put Brett Favre on that list. Didn't he play until he was like 42 or more?
Retired in 2010 so he was 41.
-
Testaverde played a long time as well.
-
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
I think you've been watching Cleveland QBs way too long if you think he still has it. LOL!

-
I am really torn because we have 2 guys that might turn out to be quality starters or we could have a couple of Oswieler's in the wing. I have no idea how the staff truly feels about them because our o-line was horrible last year so it was hard for fans to judge and I am not sure if the staff feels the same way or if they were able to make some legit evaluations. If the numbers are right I could see us bringing him in and trading one of the 2 for some form of o-line upgrade. Its not like we would have all our eggs in on the Romo basket as the guy that would be the starter would just be his backup (and they both could use more development time anyways). Heck we could even keep both of them.
Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.
Regarding your o-line, you probably heard Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere. From our POV it would be great if he finishes his HOF career in Cleveland.
yeah, I see him staying in Cleveland until he retires. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see him get traded at the end of his prime if Cleveland isn't competitive, to help the Browns get prospects, give him a chance at a superbowl and obviously help the other team. I see our fans bring his name up on message boards in a trade scenario all the time, but fans come up unrealistic trades all the time because the other teams would never go for them.
-
Or at least the ones who played QB in the NFL. I googled up the oldest. Age 44 seems the max when you exclude the kicker Blanda since he really only kicked the last 5-6 years. Deberg was 44 when he retired. The others have ages listed at the end of each summary.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-oldest-nfl-quarterbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall
And at 44 he completed 55% of his 58 passes...
Appears he still "kicking"... approaching his 90th birthday.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
-
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
You have no shot at a SB with Romo....that is why it feels so wrong.
-
And dude just that video of him in his civvies, thise are rifle shots. C'mon dude...in his street clothes....the gun is still there. That delivery jesus christ. Theres 20 yr olds in thebleague that cant rope it like that
I think you've been watching Cleveland QBs way too long if you think he still has it. LOL!

I think you've been watching Cleveland QBs way too long if you think he still has it. LOL!

Oh hush, i mean...ur not wrong about lowered expectations from watching browns qb's, but that video and one from last year theowing outside are self explanatory. His cannon hasnt left him
-
Back on Romo... still expect Elway to make a UFA play for him. You hand him the job and so long as he is able he starts. Can't see a better way to increase the odds of a SB for a franchise that is still in "win now" mode.
If Tony does get hurt, then what do you have? Apparently a great mentor in the QB room for two inexperienced kids, Siemian and Lynch. I think Tony proved he could be all of that last season in Dallas.
Bottom line: The odds of Romo's 16+ game "survival" may be long, but there's no downside beyond that to sign him... and no better alternative.
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
Some of our fans are really opposed to it because they feel that it could hinder our development with the qb's, kind of how they feel about how the Manning situation played out. I disagree, we had BO in the wings and I am not sure if we don't have a similar thing right now. I think we would try to trade one of the 2 younger guys to get a little more help as there really aren't enough reps for 3 qbs. One of the younger guys wouldn't get the development he needs. I am with you though, I think the only shot we have at a SB is with Romo (that feels so wrong saying that).
I can see fans thinking that way... My take was it was not Manning's playing that hurt BO, it was the insertion of a clearly, still hurting Manning to complete the SB run. All's well that ends well sounds good, but clearly was not a sentiment BO shared.
But now? Now you swap one year's development of two suspect, QB prospects for a SB shot in a heartbeat.
Siemian is a nice QB. He has the look of a quality backup, who will make a run or two more at starting for a team in his career.
Lynch? Did not like him coming out of college... still don't.
-
To be fair to manning his wall was that neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldn't play in clev he'd get killed
To be fair to manning his wall wasbthat neck injury. You guys seen farve throwing lately? He could easily still make every throw that rodgers makes, just couldnt play in clev he'd get killed
How can people's timelines be so far off? The neck injury was 2011 I believe. He broke records in 2013. 2014 he hit the wall.
-
Earlier... he had his first surgery in 2010 to relieve pinched nerve pain... and then 3 or 4 more after that. It was not until his last, the one that sat him in 2012 that a fusion numbed his arm and fingers. The arm came back... the fingers never did.
What I forget tho is that he sent 4 seasons playing for Denver. Seemed like less...
-
-
Testaverde played a long time as well.
Testaverde played a long time as well.
Steve Young, Doug Williams and Vinny Testaverde learned that NFL life after Tampa Bay meant they were far better QBs when their chances of success exceeded a snow ball's chance in Hell. Moral of the story, sometimes you have to make your franchise an easier place to play QB - especially if you want to protect your investment so that it can develop into what you need it to be. Dan Marino got drafted by a team 1 or 2 years after it made the Superbowl just like Ben Rapen got drafted by a franchise that dragged Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox to many playoff dead ends. Talent was there for the success to be possible.
We ALL want to have an elite QB so let's hope this offseason finally makes this an easier place to play QB for whatever one we add next. It looks like we've improved our Center position and added a very good RG. Britt was once a 1st round WR talent (coming off his best year) despite Pryor leaving the ONLY NFL staff/front office that gave him a chance to play WR when he was unemployed by all 32 teams.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login