Skip to content

Muds drafting too....(shashilicious)

The Browns Board
43 16 936
  • Howard may be gone by the 12th pick, I hope he's there, that would be a no-brainer. Talk is that he is a top-5 talent.

    jackson, 5'10", is terrific, but Boddy-Calhoun showed that height is a

    great advantage.

    he's a spectacular player - I prefer a bigger cb, with all these tall wr's in the league.

    Williams and Jones would be great, Peterman - I actually like the pick, but I think he doesn't

    have the arm to be a starter I think.

    Davenport and Browns won't be available past the 4th round, maybe not make it to the fourth.

    Drafts are tough as hell to do this year.

    @calfoxwc said:

    - I prefer a bigger cb, with all these tall wr's in the league.

    Peterman - I actually like the pick, but I think he doesn't have the arm to be a starter I think.

    Drafts are tough as hell to do this year.

    Eh....taller may be more proto type, but Cal you, of all people, would love this guy......he plays big

    Peterson....weak arm?....then he will fit right in ......

    Yep.....lots of talent and options.....

    @gumby73 said:

    Ok Mudman. ........ You got Crow worth a 2nd round tender that if traded would give you the ammo to go get Adams or Hooker moving up.Would you do it?...... But hey that top 65..That's the mission, we must get 5 starters from it

    Would I do it?.....probably....

    This is the year, ifn you want to draft a bunch of immediate starters and get a few impact guys......we better hit hard on some of these guys......

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Great draft with the exception of Rogers.

    We have Danny Vitale the guy is an absolute beast

    Good call.....forgot all about Vitale.....(and the fact that Hue probably wouldnt use a FB the way Id wish he would)///

    @texasag1969 said:

    But I have freely admitted I want a Superman defense for the browns, so I get the Howard pick for someone else.

    Oh, and you're fired for taking another fucking WR Mud. And to make matters worse he is another giant reach we can just sign as an undrafted free agent. 😉

    I want that too.....a hardcore defensive draft.....especially since it's dripping with talented players....wanna grab em all up...

    WR?.....hahaha......figured after all my bitching about last years group that I wouldnt draft one?......

    Truth is....last years draft is the reason we NEED one....hate to say it, but we need a re-do on the WR's....one year after a complete re-do

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    No complaints from me, Mud. Not one.

    If only we can get so lucky.

    You're hired......🙂

    @tour2ma said:

    Nice effort...

    Share the question about Rogers when we've rostered Vitale. Why spend on a position that sees so little of the field?

    Yep....Im rethinking that redheaded stepchile........though, to answer 2.....spending a late 5th is not much.....and my thought process is that those late rounds are EXACTLY where you spend on those types of players.....gives you the opportunity to pick the top of the heap, instead of scraping the bottom for left overs....

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Mud, this is probably my dream draft. Concerns? Not sure Howard is there at #12.

    Mine too.....

    Cal said the same on Howard...but the truth is, that anyone I /we select at #12 'could" be gone earlier....no one knows......there are about 10 players projected to go top 5......and 15 players, projected to go top10....who knows how they'll fall(and Howard was my 5th option)

  • You know who I want by now Mud. Nice draft- except. I take Mitch @ #12. Depends how the picks fall. I can't see moving up for any QB, and none of the other guys are worth #12, or even second round. If he's off the board, I'll just ditto your picks. Go for BPA at position of greatest need.

  • Yeah, Howard is your 5th option, but I'm guessing he's also the most LIKELY to still be there for us. Hue Jackson was the offensive coordinator who helped Eifert have that monster year, right? That alone tells me if we did get Howard, Hue would know how to use him, and would also be able to coach up our QB's on how to exploit that matchup...ESPECIALLY in the red zone...where we have struggled seemingly forever.

    As much as I'd love an offensive playmaker at 12, and as much as I think we are desperate for one, I'd really be ok with defense-defense in the first round. I'd live with a QB picked at 12...but honestly, I'm thinking more and more that we lean on Cody Kessler. He wasn't expected to even play as a rookie, and he came in and mostly held his own. I HAVE to imagine he improves in his second year, especially if he's the guy receiving the first team practice reps, and our OL and defense play better than last year. I mean, he played well enough to win the Redskins and Dolphins game, but the defense and special teams let him down. My main concern with Kessler doesn't have as much to do with his ability as it does with his ability to stay on the FIELD. Concussions are scary business, and once you start having them, they come easier and easier. I hate to see a young man begin his career with head injuries, and he'll need to be cautious and more adept at throwing it away and diagnosing defensive pressures.

  • Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

  • Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

    @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Good stuff Mud!

    If Seeyashi kicked off the draft with Garrett and Howard, he'd have open bar on me the rest of the year. I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too. It doesn't matter if we're Legally Blonde or Legally Black, the 12th Man will be the key to our attack.

    I REALLY like the 2 Safeties Mud picked in round 2 (Marcus Williams and Josh Jones). I could hear a 1980s Marv Albert "YES" with each of them...

    The QB position defines crap shoot more than it ever has so I'm fine with whatever guy we'd take in round 4.

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

  • Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

    @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what?

    Who's the real troll here, Wargo?

    @flugel said:

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Thank you Fluges.....I couldnt have said it better......(and Ive tried)

    Good stuff Mud!

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

    Yeah,,,,I know the Adore pick might be a tad high.....AND there are other very good options at CB.....AND he doesnt have the physical attributes so many of the other s have.......but there is something about him I like....

    I think you get it....he's just a football player....not a measurable.....and those types of players always win me over...

  • @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what?

    Who's the real troll here, Wargo?

    @flugel said:

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Thank you Fluges.....I couldnt have said it better......(and Ive tried)

    Good stuff Mud!

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

    Yeah,,,,I know the Adore pick might be a tad high.....AND there are other very good options at CB.....AND he doesnt have the physical attributes so many of the other s have.......but there is something about him I like....

    I think you get it....he's just a football player....not a measurable.....and those types of players always win me over...

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah,,,,I know the Adore pick might be a tad high.....AND there are other very good options at CB.....AND he doesnt have the physical attributes so many of the other s have.......but there is something about him I like....

    I think you get it....he's just a football player....not a measurable.....and those types of players always win me over...

    Ditto!

  • @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Good stuff Mud!

    If Seeyashi kicked off the draft with Garrett and Howard, he'd have open bar on me the rest of the year. I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too. It doesn't matter if we're Legally Blonde or Legally Black, the 12th Man will be the key to our attack.

    I REALLY like the 2 Safeties Mud picked in round 2 (Marcus Williams and Josh Jones). I could hear a 1980s Marv Albert "YES" with each of them...

    The QB position defines crap shoot more than it ever has so I'm fine with whatever guy we'd take in round 4.

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

    @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉
  • Too bad we couldn't have Julian Davenport and Tim Couch on the same team.

    WSS

  • @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties...

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

  • I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

  • @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    2. There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    2. There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    @flugel said:

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

  • @flugel said:

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    @mudfly said:

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties...

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    @mudfly said:

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    @wargograw said:

    I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    Vast difference between pointing out a brain-fart error and labeling an opinion as "bad". The latter is the type of personal slight I was talking about in my long reply somewhere around here...

    All you have to do is disagree without attaching any labels... it's not that hard.

  • @mudfly said:

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    @wargograw said:

    I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    Vast difference between pointing out a brain-fart error and labeling an opinion as "bad". The latter is the type of personal slight I was talking about in my long reply somewhere around here...

    All you have to do is disagree without attaching any labels... it's not that hard.

    @tour2ma said:

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    Righto....I plan to return to full on ignore status.....the constant jabs just got old(I reacted).....moving on.....

  • I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    @wargograw said:

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    OJ has displayed really good blocking and receiving abilities at Alabama, I don't see why he couldn't do both at the next level. He's a freakish athlete who is a great teammate, I wouldn't complain about him at 12
  • @mudfly said:

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

  • @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    QB is the weakest link because the senior is just not "the guy" and the next two are a good passer as a RS Fr and a good runner/passer as an early enrollee true freshman. I suspect they will settle on one of those latter two and roll the dice. I don't see us as much better than last year because of the lack of a good experienced QB going into the season. But who knows-Mond could just turn into the next taller, heavier JF. He did develop well at Florida's IMG Academy and it was hard to tell how well he will run since they blew the whistle as soon as anyone was getting close enough to touch him, even as he was running through the secondary with some nifty moves.