Skip to content

Muds drafting too....(shashilicious)

The Browns Board
43 16 936
  • @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what?

    Who's the real troll here, Wargo?

    @flugel said:

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Thank you Fluges.....I couldnt have said it better......(and Ive tried)

    Good stuff Mud!

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

    Yeah,,,,I know the Adore pick might be a tad high.....AND there are other very good options at CB.....AND he doesnt have the physical attributes so many of the other s have.......but there is something about him I like....

    I think you get it....he's just a football player....not a measurable.....and those types of players always win me over...

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah,,,,I know the Adore pick might be a tad high.....AND there are other very good options at CB.....AND he doesnt have the physical attributes so many of the other s have.......but there is something about him I like....

    I think you get it....he's just a football player....not a measurable.....and those types of players always win me over...

    Ditto!

  • @wargograw said:

    Do you spell Sashi's name incorrectly just to troll or what? Some kind of Asian pejorative?

    We don't need to keep reading your panic attacks about Mud's lack of trust in Seeyashi so far. We're all well aware of how nervous that makes you. You barking at his ankles like a little yap dog all the time isn't going to change his mind.

    Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post? Some of us would like to do that. This thread began with 1 guy's passion about his team improving in the draft regardless of what you prefer to focus on.

    Good stuff Mud!

    If Seeyashi kicked off the draft with Garrett and Howard, he'd have open bar on me the rest of the year. I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too. It doesn't matter if we're Legally Blonde or Legally Black, the 12th Man will be the key to our attack.

    I REALLY like the 2 Safeties Mud picked in round 2 (Marcus Williams and Josh Jones). I could hear a 1980s Marv Albert "YES" with each of them...

    The QB position defines crap shoot more than it ever has so I'm fine with whatever guy we'd take in round 4.

    The Adoree-ble Jackson pick at #33 could go either way. It could either be awesome or a Mud slide. I LOVE what he'd offer our return game but I also thought that back in 2014 with another CB we drafted too high. He has ideal agility and speed; but his size/weight could be an anchor especially in run support and tackling bigger, faster, stronger with heads of steam coming at him. I've rarely seen him listed above 185 lbs, which makes me think he'll be a 3rd corner covering mostly Slot Receivers in the NFL but I could easily be wrong. My worry is he'll be a lot like Dennis Northcutt in terms of limited role on 1 side of the ball that will leave him better known for his return duty on STs. Nothing wrong with it per say, but the top of round 2 seems pretty high for that especially considering we found a Pro Bowl Return man like Josh Cribbs in the land of the undrafted.

    @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉
  • Too bad we couldn't have Julian Davenport and Tim Couch on the same team.

    WSS

  • @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties...

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

  • I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

  • @flugel said:

    1. Speaking of trolling, how about concentrating more on the football content that followed the 2nd line of the OP's post?
    I say this in front of witnesses (all 4 of them that read my posts). If Howard is gone, there's a lot of guys he could choose that I'd be fine there with too.
    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    2. There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties... and add a healthy does of "agree to disagree"... which is about 90% of the resolution around here anyway.
    2. There are 4? Did not think it was that high... I mean... who has that much time? 😉

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    @flugel said:

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

  • @flugel said:

    HA! Okay, I got a little ambitious on that 4.

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    @mudfly said:

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Agree... time to reset to "football focus"... both parties...

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    @mudfly said:

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    @wargograw said:

    I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    Vast difference between pointing out a brain-fart error and labeling an opinion as "bad". The latter is the type of personal slight I was talking about in my long reply somewhere around here...

    All you have to do is disagree without attaching any labels... it's not that hard.

  • @mudfly said:

    Um....one of the parties reset a long time ago....hit ignore and has remained there.....

    The other party has an unhealthy obsession with said first party.....(and a habit of trashing thread after thread with long, endless, pointless debates)

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    @wargograw said:

    I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    Vast difference between pointing out a brain-fart error and labeling an opinion as "bad". The latter is the type of personal slight I was talking about in my long reply somewhere around here...

    All you have to do is disagree without attaching any labels... it's not that hard.

    @tour2ma said:

    Then Re-reset? Evidence another is needed, my friend... all within the same post.

    Righto....I plan to return to full on ignore status.....the constant jabs just got old(I reacted).....moving on.....

  • I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    @wargograw said:

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    OJ has displayed really good blocking and receiving abilities at Alabama, I don't see why he couldn't do both at the next level. He's a freakish athlete who is a great teammate, I wouldn't complain about him at 12
  • @mudfly said:

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

  • @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    QB is the weakest link because the senior is just not "the guy" and the next two are a good passer as a RS Fr and a good runner/passer as an early enrollee true freshman. I suspect they will settle on one of those latter two and roll the dice. I don't see us as much better than last year because of the lack of a good experienced QB going into the season. But who knows-Mond could just turn into the next taller, heavier JF. He did develop well at Florida's IMG Academy and it was hard to tell how well he will run since they blew the whistle as soon as anyone was getting close enough to touch him, even as he was running through the secondary with some nifty moves.

  • Two very good programs that just haven't attracted QB talent are A&M and LSU... and I do not know why that has been.

    I thought Sumlin would based upon his UH track record and his showcase Offense.

    Who knows whether Orgeron will improve upon Myles' awful QB recruiting, but I don't like his odds.

    And watch out for Hermann at tu...

  • Summy attracted them but the egos that came with them could not compete with one another. He should have just stuck with his passer from Arizona and thrown out the brat with no arm now at Oklahoma. Ironically the Arizona brat went to Houston and then Hermann deserted him for texas. He may do ok under Applewhite at Houston since Applewhite knows first hand what it's like to get replaced when you were the starter.

  • We've both gotten a ton of QB talent. Just haven't developed. I believe Les Miles signed three 4-star QBs in just his last class. Sumlin has signed three 5-stars.

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

  • We've both gotten a ton of QB talent. Just haven't developed. I believe Les Miles signed three 4-star QBs in just his last class. Sumlin has signed three 5-stars.

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

    @wargograw said:

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

    Ha! Take a look at #3 in walter footballs 2018 mock. 😆😆http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

    Or https://www.seccountry.com/sec/five-sec-players-first-round-picks-2018-nfl-draft

    And Merritt just got suspended from the team then reinstated, but still faces two accusations of indecent exposure in court. Not allowed to play in the spring game.

  • I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

  • I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

    @wargograw said:

    I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

    Deshazor

    Prove it. He wasn't even in the top 3 rounds in Walterfootball or NFL.com. I didn't even go past round 3 to see where he was. I never saw him rated in the 1st in anyone's mock except maybe texags.com.