Skip to content

Muds drafting too....(shashilicious)

The Browns Board
43 16 936
  • I don't call out bad opinions with you any more than anyone else. I remember Tour posted LSU a couple times when he meant FSU. I pointed it out. It wasn't because I had some sick vendetta against him.

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    @wargograw said:

    As for the draft, I don't think OJ will be an elite all around TE. He'll be a really good blocker or rerceiver but not both. So I don't want him at 12. Also hoping for zero receivers in this draft. I like everyone else, especially Adoree and Vanderdoes.

    OJ has displayed really good blocking and receiving abilities at Alabama, I don't see why he couldn't do both at the next level. He's a freakish athlete who is a great teammate, I wouldn't complain about him at 12
  • @mudfly said:

    hahaha.....you need coffee and cigarettes to read a flugel post.......(jiggins too)....it's like a journey that one needs to prepare for... 😉

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

  • @flugel said:

    HA! You guys are spoiling me today. Now I gotta go tackle the Warden's 10 page to do list.

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game. But the bloodhounds were able to get through the pepper I left on the trail and now "I got my mind right boss."

    Besides WR Christian Kirk, look for safeties Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson high in the draft next year.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! And I was able to escape (I'm shakin' it here boss) for several hours yesterday to go to the Aggie spring game.

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    So who's TAMU converting to QB this year? 🥷

    QB is the weakest link because the senior is just not "the guy" and the next two are a good passer as a RS Fr and a good runner/passer as an early enrollee true freshman. I suspect they will settle on one of those latter two and roll the dice. I don't see us as much better than last year because of the lack of a good experienced QB going into the season. But who knows-Mond could just turn into the next taller, heavier JF. He did develop well at Florida's IMG Academy and it was hard to tell how well he will run since they blew the whistle as soon as anyone was getting close enough to touch him, even as he was running through the secondary with some nifty moves.

  • Two very good programs that just haven't attracted QB talent are A&M and LSU... and I do not know why that has been.

    I thought Sumlin would based upon his UH track record and his showcase Offense.

    Who knows whether Orgeron will improve upon Myles' awful QB recruiting, but I don't like his odds.

    And watch out for Hermann at tu...

  • Summy attracted them but the egos that came with them could not compete with one another. He should have just stuck with his passer from Arizona and thrown out the brat with no arm now at Oklahoma. Ironically the Arizona brat went to Houston and then Hermann deserted him for texas. He may do ok under Applewhite at Houston since Applewhite knows first hand what it's like to get replaced when you were the starter.

  • We've both gotten a ton of QB talent. Just haven't developed. I believe Les Miles signed three 4-star QBs in just his last class. Sumlin has signed three 5-stars.

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

  • We've both gotten a ton of QB talent. Just haven't developed. I believe Les Miles signed three 4-star QBs in just his last class. Sumlin has signed three 5-stars.

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

    @wargograw said:

    Ag69, it's gonna be a long year. And Kirk is the most overrated player on our team. Merritt and Ausbon are our best receivers. Need a new coach badly.

    Ha! Take a look at #3 in walter footballs 2018 mock. 😆😆http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

    Or https://www.seccountry.com/sec/five-sec-players-first-round-picks-2018-nfl-draft

    And Merritt just got suspended from the team then reinstated, but still faces two accusations of indecent exposure in court. Not allowed to play in the spring game.

  • I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

  • I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

    @wargograw said:

    I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

    Deshazor

    Prove it. He wasn't even in the top 3 rounds in Walterfootball or NFL.com. I didn't even go past round 3 to see where he was. I never saw him rated in the 1st in anyone's mock except maybe texags.com.

  • Ok....Ill do a draft thread too.....why not?

    Hey Shashi.....follow this draft and I promise NOT to bitch about it.....

    1 - 1) Myles Garrett....DE......Of course......no explanation needed......next

    1 -12) OJ Howard........TE.....OK, to be clear....I want a safety here(Adams/Hooker), but know they will be gone. So...for a fair exercise, Im going with my 5 option......I choose Howard over a WR, ILB or DT as I see him being the best fit that can(and will) help right away.....and for a long time to come.

    2 - 33) Adore Jackson...CB....One of my favorite players in the draft....a solid CB, with outrageous talent. This guy can play ST.....return kicks.....run the ball.....play O.....and he has that football heart and mind set. He'll be a winner for years and years.

    2 - 52) Marcus Williams...FS...One of several FS I'd take, but I think he will fall into the perfect spot as a late 2 or early 3...perfect value for a guy who should quickly fill the void at FS. (Budda Baker looks good here too).....

    3 - 65) Josh Jones........SS...Solid, hard hitting prototype SS. For a box safety, this guys is fast.....very aggressive.....and looks like just the type of player that could step in a start immediately

    4-108) Nathan Peterman...QB...oK. So this is me throwing shit against the and hoping it might stick. I have no horse in this whole QB debate, so cant claim this guy is any better or any worse than the others. He looks pretty good to me....comes from a pro system(huge plus).....and is the right price. As an added bonus, he kinda looks like Tony Romo....so maybe?

    5-145) Julien Davenport...OT... This guy has the body and all the tools to be a top flight tackle. If he can be coached and brought along, might be a nice find this late in the draft. Also offers an immediate back up plan and depth behind Coleman

    5-175) Noah Brown....WR....at this stage, why not a homer pick? To me, WR is an easily filled position. We got 5 new ones last year....yet?.....we need some. *sigh*....so, here's another one Hue.

    5-181) Sam Rogers...FB....I like this guy. All slow and clumsy...and powerful. Looks like someone who can block his ass off. Perfect for our division....smash mouth football....and would help boost our QB's health....and RB's stat sheet...#1 rated FB is a good value for a late round pick

    6-185) Eddie Vanderdoes...DT....perfect fat boy tweener project to put next to Shelton. Who knows if he's any good....it's the 6th round man.........😉

    6-188) Zane Gonzalez....K....Why not draft one of the top rated players(kickers/FB's) and pass on the 42nd best whatever. We need a kicker. This guys a good one. It's the 6th round. No Tom Brady insight. Tap the kicker and hopes he's our next Dawson type.

    So there it is.....feel like I addressed the D, w/o ignoring the O...added a QB prospect and, hopefully, filled some secondary roles(FB/K) with the best the draft had to offer...fire away...

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....Ill do a draft thread too.....why not?

    Hey Shashi.....follow this draft and I promise NOT to bitch about it.....

    1 - 1) Myles Garrett....DE......Of course......no explanation needed......next

    1 -12) OJ Howard........TE.....OK, to be clear....I want a safety here(Adams/Hooker), but know they will be gone. So...for a fair exercise, Im going with my 5 option......I choose Howard over a WR, ILB or DT as I see him being the best fit that can(and will) help right away.....and for a long time to come.

    2 - 33) Adore Jackson...CB....One of my favorite players in the draft....a solid CB, with outrageous talent. This guy can play ST.....return kicks.....run the ball.....play O.....and he has that football heart and mind set. He'll be a winner for years and years.

    2 - 52) Marcus Williams...FS...One of several FS I'd take, but I think he will fall into the perfect spot as a late 2 or early 3...perfect value for a guy who should quickly fill the void at FS. (Budda Baker looks good here too).....

    3 - 65) Josh Jones........SS...Solid, hard hitting prototype SS. For a box safety, this guys is fast.....very aggressive.....and looks like just the type of player that could step in a start immediately

    4-108) Nathan Peterman...QB...oK. So this is me throwing shit against the and hoping it might stick. I have no horse in this whole QB debate, so cant claim this guy is any better or any worse than the others. He looks pretty good to me....comes from a pro system(huge plus).....and is the right price. As an added bonus, he kinda looks like Tony Romo....so maybe?

    5-145) Julien Davenport...OT... This guy has the body and all the tools to be a top flight tackle. If he can be coached and brought along, might be a nice find this late in the draft. Also offers an immediate back up plan and depth behind Coleman

    5-175) Noah Brown....WR....at this stage, why not a homer pick? To me, WR is an easily filled position. We got 5 new ones last year....yet?.....we need some. *sigh*....so, here's another one Hue.

    5-181) Sam Rogers...FB....I like this guy. All slow and clumsy...and powerful. Looks like someone who can block his ass off. Perfect for our division....smash mouth football....and would help boost our QB's health....and RB's stat sheet...#1 rated FB is a good value for a late round pick

    6-185) Eddie Vanderdoes...DT....perfect fat boy tweener project to put next to Shelton. Who knows if he's any good....it's the 6th round man......... 😉

    6-188) Zane Gonzalez....K....Why not draft one of the top rated players(kickers/FB's) and pass on the 42nd best whatever. We need a kicker. This guys a good one. It's the 6th round. No Tom Brady insight. Tap the kicker and hopes he's our next Dawson type.

    So there it is.....feel like I addressed the D, w/o ignoring the O...added a QB prospect and, hopefully, filled some secondary roles(FB/K) with the best the draft had to offer...fire away...

    I would be ecstatic with this.

  • @mudfly said:

    Ok....Ill do a draft thread too.....why not?

    Hey Shashi.....follow this draft and I promise NOT to bitch about it.....

    1 - 1) Myles Garrett....DE......Of course......no explanation needed......next

    1 -12) OJ Howard........TE.....OK, to be clear....I want a safety here(Adams/Hooker), but know they will be gone. So...for a fair exercise, Im going with my 5 option......I choose Howard over a WR, ILB or DT as I see him being the best fit that can(and will) help right away.....and for a long time to come.

    2 - 33) Adore Jackson...CB....One of my favorite players in the draft....a solid CB, with outrageous talent. This guy can play ST.....return kicks.....run the ball.....play O.....and he has that football heart and mind set. He'll be a winner for years and years.

    2 - 52) Marcus Williams...FS...One of several FS I'd take, but I think he will fall into the perfect spot as a late 2 or early 3...perfect value for a guy who should quickly fill the void at FS. (Budda Baker looks good here too).....

    3 - 65) Josh Jones........SS...Solid, hard hitting prototype SS. For a box safety, this guys is fast.....very aggressive.....and looks like just the type of player that could step in a start immediately

    4-108) Nathan Peterman...QB...oK. So this is me throwing shit against the and hoping it might stick. I have no horse in this whole QB debate, so cant claim this guy is any better or any worse than the others. He looks pretty good to me....comes from a pro system(huge plus).....and is the right price. As an added bonus, he kinda looks like Tony Romo....so maybe?

    5-145) Julien Davenport...OT... This guy has the body and all the tools to be a top flight tackle. If he can be coached and brought along, might be a nice find this late in the draft. Also offers an immediate back up plan and depth behind Coleman

    5-175) Noah Brown....WR....at this stage, why not a homer pick? To me, WR is an easily filled position. We got 5 new ones last year....yet?.....we need some. *sigh*....so, here's another one Hue.

    5-181) Sam Rogers...FB....I like this guy. All slow and clumsy...and powerful. Looks like someone who can block his ass off. Perfect for our division....smash mouth football....and would help boost our QB's health....and RB's stat sheet...#1 rated FB is a good value for a late round pick

    6-185) Eddie Vanderdoes...DT....perfect fat boy tweener project to put next to Shelton. Who knows if he's any good....it's the 6th round man......... 😉

    6-188) Zane Gonzalez....K....Why not draft one of the top rated players(kickers/FB's) and pass on the 42nd best whatever. We need a kicker. This guys a good one. It's the 6th round. No Tom Brady insight. Tap the kicker and hopes he's our next Dawson type.

    So there it is.....feel like I addressed the D, w/o ignoring the O...added a QB prospect and, hopefully, filled some secondary roles(FB/K) with the best the draft had to offer...fire away...

    I would be ecstatic with this.

    @50yrbrownsfan said:

    I would be ecstatic with this.

    At your estimated age, that could be dangerous... 😉

    Welcome aboard...

  • @wargograw said:

    I remember Deshaxor Everett being mocked in first rounds too...,

    Deshazor

    Prove it. He wasn't even in the top 3 rounds in Walterfootball or NFL.com. I didn't even go past round 3 to see where he was. I never saw him rated in the 1st in anyone's mock except maybe texags.com.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Deshazor

    Prove it. He wasn't even in the top 3 rounds in Walterfootball or NFL.com. I didn't even go past round 3 to see where he was. I never saw him rated in the 1st in anyone's mock except maybe texags.com.

    Obviously a typo.

    You probably saw the last mock WF put out for his class. Unless this is the last mock they're putting out for Kirk's class, then it's not an equal comparison.

    His stats last year were absolutely putrid for what people think he can be. Under 25 yards against Auburn and Arkansas? 58 against Bama?

    We were all complaining about him all season, then he has a couple great punt returns against MSU and he's back in everyone's good graces. I knew it would happen.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Deshazor

    Prove it. He wasn't even in the top 3 rounds in Walterfootball or NFL.com. I didn't even go past round 3 to see where he was. I never saw him rated in the 1st in anyone's mock except maybe texags.com.

    Obviously a typo.

    You probably saw the last mock WF put out for his class. Unless this is the last mock they're putting out for Kirk's class, then it's not an equal comparison.

    His stats last year were absolutely putrid for what people think he can be. Under 25 yards against Auburn and Arkansas? 58 against Bama?

    We were all complaining about him all season, then he has a couple great punt returns against MSU and he's back in everyone's good graces. I knew it would happen.

    @wargograw said:

    Obviously a typo.

    You probably saw the last mock WF put out for his class. Unless this is the last mock they're putting out for Kirk's class, then it's not an equal comparison.

    His stats last year were absolutely putrid for what people think he can be. Under 25 yards against Auburn and Arkansas? 58 against Bama?

    We were all complaining about him all season, then he has a couple great punt returns against MSU and he's back in everyone's good graces. I knew it would happen.

    QBs. Be nice if Kirk had ever had one.

    Friendly bet he goes 1st round in 2018 barring injury. Dinner at Chuy's in Cedar Park? I like the green chili enchiladas there. 😁

    And I never saw Everett anywhere on any mock at any time as anything above round 3. Find me any mock from any time showing Everett going anywhere near round 2 or better. That will get you a free beer when you take me for my free dinner. 😁

  • Plenty of passing yards to go around inall of those gAmes save Bama.

    I'll take the bet although anything could happen this year. He definitely has first round talent, just doesn't produce.

    I'll try to find the mock I referred to. On mobile now.

  • @wargograw said:

    Obviously a typo.

    You probably saw the last mock WF put out for his class. Unless this is the last mock they're putting out for Kirk's class, then it's not an equal comparison.

    His stats last year were absolutely putrid for what people think he can be. Under 25 yards against Auburn and Arkansas? 58 against Bama?

    We were all complaining about him all season, then he has a couple great punt returns against MSU and he's back in everyone's good graces. I knew it would happen.

    QBs. Be nice if Kirk had ever had one.

    Friendly bet he goes 1st round in 2018 barring injury. Dinner at Chuy's in Cedar Park? I like the green chili enchiladas there. 😁

    And I never saw Everett anywhere on any mock at any time as anything above round 3. Find me any mock from any time showing Everett going anywhere near round 2 or better. That will get you a free beer when you take me for my free dinner. 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Dinner at Chuy's in Cedar Park? I like the green chili enchiladas there. 😁

    Growing chain I think I've eaten at twice... it's OK. I'll take Papasitos... shrimp diablo atop mixed grill fajitas, please...

    Fav Tex-Mex tho might still be either:

    • The Don-Key in Pasa-get-down-dena, TX (pork fajitas, best cabrito I've eaten and DonkeyRitas... "they'll kick your ass"), or,
    • if it's still open, Don Chile's out I-10 east from Houston with their awesome chicken fajitas and "Steak Mexicano". Also served great breakfasts all day.
    • Close third would be the original, Cadillac Bar & Grill not far west of downtown Houston off I-10 West. Really good food and a helluva lot of fun... including a shooter girl...
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Dinner at Chuy's in Cedar Park? I like the green chili enchiladas there. 😁

    Growing chain I think I've eaten at twice... it's OK. I'll take Papasitos... shrimp diablo atop mixed grill fajitas, please...

    Fav Tex-Mex tho might still be either:

    • The Don-Key in Pasa-get-down-dena, TX (pork fajitas, best cabrito I've eaten and DonkeyRitas... "they'll kick your ass"), or,
    • if it's still open, Don Chile's out I-10 east from Houston with their awesome chicken fajitas and "Steak Mexicano". Also served great breakfasts all day.
    • Close third would be the original, Cadillac Bar & Grill not far west of downtown Houston off I-10 West. Really good food and a helluva lot of fun... including a shooter girl...

    @tour2ma said:

    Growing chain I think I've eaten at twice... it's OK. I'll take Papasitos... shrimp diablo atop mixed grill fajitas, please...

    Fav Tex-Mex tho might still be either:

    • The Don-Key in Pasa-get-down-dena, TX (pork fajitas, best cabrito I've eaten and DonkeyRitas... "they'll kick your ass"), or,
    • if it's still open, Don Chile's out I-10 east from Houston with their awesome chicken fajitas and "Steak Mexicano". Also served great breakfasts all day.
    • Close third would be the original, Cadillac Bar & Grill not far west of downtown Houston off I-10 West. Really good food and a helluva lot of fun... including a shooter girl...

    I ate at a good Mexican restaurant in your area this past Christmas. The Tortuga Mexican Kitchen in Galveston. Quite good, quite good.

    If I recall I had the Tequila Lime Shrimp. Good for my low carb diet, and quite savory.

  • Camarones del Pacifico is my dish, shrimp stuffed with cheese and peppers wrapped in bacon, now I'm hungry for Mexico food