Rumor mill on fire today....Watson at #1
-
Watson 1 overall is absurd. Trading out of one without it being RG3 style would be absurd. Anything but Garrett is close to absurd.
-
Garrett,Mitch,Watson all had, Combine Interview,Private Workout & on Campus Workout with Browns. Only teams that have talked to Garrett on campus Only was-49'ers-Bears & Jags. No damn fool including us is taking any QB #1. giving the farm to get above Jets..Ridiculous for any of these QB's..damn Gip see what you started

-
The Browns had a first round grade on Kessler last year, there's no way they're giving up on him after one year. Especially after he performed relatively well given his circumstances.
This is likely a smokescreen to use as bait for a team in love with Watson. Bill Buchanan, the guy who started this whole Browns taking Watson at #1 nonsense is the same guy who suggested the Browns should trade for Osweiler to acquire a second rounder.
This whole scenario perhaps gives credence to Tony Grossi's accusation that Buchanan is working for the Browns.
It's April, certainly these things are going to only become more commonplace.
-
The Browns had a first round grade on Kessler last year, there's no way they're giving up on him after one year. Especially after he performed relatively well given his circumstances.
This is likely a smokescreen to use as bait for a team in love with Watson. Bill Buchanan, the guy who started this whole Browns taking Watson at #1 nonsense is the same guy who suggested the Browns should trade for Osweiler to acquire a second rounder.
This whole scenario perhaps gives credence to Tony Grossi's accusation that Buchanan is working for the Browns.
It's April, certainly these things are going to only become more commonplace.
Never heard they had a first round grade on Cody. Why would they wait till the third round if they graded him so high.Mitch2Pryor said:
The Browns had a first round grade on Kessler last year, there's no way they're giving up on him after one year. Especially after he performed relatively well given his circumstances.
This is likely a smokescreen to use as bait for a team in love with Watson. Bill Buchanan, the guy who started this whole Browns taking Watson at #1 nonsense is the same guy who suggested the Browns should trade for Osweiler to acquire a second rounder.
This whole scenario perhaps gives credence to Tony Grossi's accusation that Buchanan is working for the Browns.
It's April, certainly these things are going to only become more commonplace.
-
LOL. no freaking way - that is absurd.
-
As much as I hate all the firings and constant turnover, if this regime takes Watson at 1 I'll be leading the "fire sashi" bandwagon.
-
The issue is they want him at 12.....but......are afraid the Jets will take him.....THEN, they will have missed their QB, when they coulda had him...
This is something I brought up a week or 2 ago and said ...."if they see one they like at 12, they better tap him at 1 or risk losing their QB".......And if he ISNT worth the grab at one....then he's not worth 12 either......(only because he's a QB)
The issue is they want him at 12.....but......are afraid the Jets will take him.....THEN, they will have missed their QB, when they coulda had him...
This is something I brought up a week or 2 ago and said ...."if they see one they like at 12, they better tap him at 1 or risk losing their QB".......And if he ISNT worth the grab at one....then he's not worth 12 either......(only because he's a QB)
Sooo they're doing what you wanted them to do. But you're complaining about it anyway lol.
FTR I'd be mad about this too. But I didn't just say "if you want a QB, you better get him at #1!!!" recently.
-
None of us really know who the Browns will take until the draft starts Thursday, 4/27/17.

Mike
-
one day it was Geno Smith. The next day it was Kirk Cousins. The Titanic had floating devices. They did not work. but maybe we can float on one till Day 3? Day 2? ok maybe day 1?
one day it was Geno Smith. The next day it was Kirk Cousins. The Titanic had floating devices. They did not work. but maybe we can float on one till Day 3? Day 2? ok maybe day 1?
It's that time of year....rumors fly.....
Sooo they're doing what you wanted them to do. But you're complaining about it anyway lol.
FTR I'd be mad about this too. But I didn't just say "if you want a QB, you better get him at #1!!!" recently.
Um,,,I never said I "wanted" them to do it....and Ive said 1000 times I dont want a QB in the 1st....
Reading comprehension and interpretation is not your strong suit.....I was referring to draft strategy in general terms....and saying if "your QB" is there.....dont pass on him or expect him to be there later.....(and I also said I dont think "the guy" is there)
-
Never heard they had a first round grade on Cody. Why would they wait till the third round if they graded him so high.Mitch2Pryor said:
The Browns had a first round grade on Kessler last year, there's no way they're giving up on him after one year. Especially after he performed relatively well given his circumstances.
This is likely a smokescreen to use as bait for a team in love with Watson. Bill Buchanan, the guy who started this whole Browns taking Watson at #1 nonsense is the same guy who suggested the Browns should trade for Osweiler to acquire a second rounder.
This whole scenario perhaps gives credence to Tony Grossi's accusation that Buchanan is working for the Browns.
It's April, certainly these things are going to only become more commonplace.
Never heard they had a first round grade on Cody. Why would they wait till the third round if they graded him so high.
Because everyone without a Harvard brain had him as a 5th rounder at best. Some people outsmart themselves and unfortunately last year's draft might just prove they are capable of doing it again in 2017 by NOT taking the obvious "no-brainer" in Garrett. Tar n feathers anyone?! 🥷 :ph34r:
Mud-the closer we get to the draft the closer I get to your feelings about these clowns in the FO. They are gonna fuck it up again.
-
Never heard they had a first round grade on Cody. Why would they wait till the third round if they graded him so high.
Because everyone without a Harvard brain had him as a 5th rounder at best. Some people outsmart themselves and unfortunately last year's draft might just prove they are capable of doing it again in 2017 by NOT taking the obvious "no-brainer" in Garrett. Tar n feathers anyone?! 🥷 :ph34r:
Mud-the closer we get to the draft the closer I get to your feelings about these clowns in the FO. They are gonna fuck it up again.
Because everyone without a Harvard brain had him as a 5th rounder at best. Some people outsmart themselves and unfortunately last year's draft might just prove they are capable of doing it again in 2017 by NOT taking the obvious "no-brainer" in Garrett. Tar n feathers anyone?! 🥷 :ph34r:
and most had him as a UDFA......though, clearly, he played better than that.....so we do have to give credit where it is due....
-
Because everyone without a Harvard brain had him as a 5th rounder at best. Some people outsmart themselves and unfortunately last year's draft might just prove they are capable of doing it again in 2017 by NOT taking the obvious "no-brainer" in Garrett. Tar n feathers anyone?! 🥷 :ph34r:
and most had him as a UDFA......though, clearly, he played better than that.....so we do have to give credit where it is due....
and most had him as a UDFA......though, clearly, he played better than that.....so we do have to give credit where it is due....
I'd have been "ok" with him as a 4th, but given all the rest of our now "C+" grade, I'm developing a new paranoia about 2017. "Help me Rhonda! Help, help me Rhonda!"
Or as the Beatles might say, just plain "Help!"
-
and most had him as a UDFA......though, clearly, he played better than that.....so we do have to give credit where it is due....
I'd have been "ok" with him as a 4th, but given all the rest of our now "C+" grade, I'm developing a new paranoia about 2017. "Help me Rhonda! Help, help me Rhonda!"
Or as the Beatles might say, just plain "Help!"
I'd have been "ok" with him as a 4th, but given all the rest of our now "C+" grade, I'm developing a new paranoia about 2017. "Help me Rhonda! Help, help me Rhonda!"
Or ass the Beatles might say, just plain "Help!"
Hahahahaha....right?
And lets be clear.....I think it is complete bullshit.....(hope, pray it is).....my only question is whether this is a couple guys talking out their asses, because they have nothing of value to say.....OR.....is it a rumor perpetrated by the Browns???
And if it is....to what end?
Lots of teams leak BS to create interest in their pick or set up possible moves on draft day......so, my concern is why are the Browns doing it if they plan....100%....to use that first pick?
-
@ghoolie said:
Welcome back from your coma. Just to help you return to the real world, the Browns had the #2 and #32 pick last year and came away with shit. Not only ARE they that bad, but you can count on them being that bad in 2017 - 18 as well.
Watson...................a black Tarkenton Hue can love for his very own, and watch him get demolished just like RG3 did.
Yeah dude, the Browns FO is that fucking stupid.
Yeah, Ogbah at #32 is a certified bust alright. 5.5 sacks (the same number J.J. Watt had his rookie season) and playing all 16 games sure screams failure pick. I mean why didn't he get 32 sacks, shatter rookie records and lead the Browns to the Super Bowl?
People like you are the reason the world sucks.
-
I've been thinking the 49ers might take watson at #2. If by some miracle we can steal a bunch of picks from them and still land garrett I would shit my pants.
-
I'd have been "ok" with him as a 4th, but given all the rest of our now "C+" grade, I'm developing a new paranoia about 2017. "Help me Rhonda! Help, help me Rhonda!"
Or ass the Beatles might say, just plain "Help!"
Hahahahaha....right?
And lets be clear.....I think it is complete bullshit.....(hope, pray it is).....my only question is whether this is a couple guys talking out their asses, because they have nothing of value to say.....OR.....is it a rumor perpetrated by the Browns???
And if it is....to what end?
Lots of teams leak BS to create interest in their pick or set up possible moves on draft day......so, my concern is why are the Browns doing it if they plan....100%....to use that first pick?
Lots of teams leak BS to create interest in their pick or set up possible moves on draft day......so, my concern is why are the Browns doing it if they plan....100%....to use that first pick?
Take a look at Walterfootballs team visits. It maybe the Browns pushing a QB name(watson) that Jets have not brought on campus yet? Mitch & Webb got all 3 visits from Jets. With Jets QB visits(9), they seem to like Webb or even later. 49ers have 4 QB looks, seem to like MaHomie later & dropped Kizer after combine? Them 30 bullet visits are running out team-wide. Again it may also mean jackshi$ (the more someone feels froggie on a QB,the more falls to 12
) -
I've been thinking the 49ers might take watson at #2. If by some miracle we can steal a bunch of picks from them and still land garrett I would shit my pants.
I've been thinking the 49ers might take watson at #2. If by some miracle we can steal a bunch of picks from them and still land garrett I would shit my pants.
Right.....I keep seeing mocks with SF taking DE......and am surprised how few have them tapping a QB......(though there are no really good ones, so it's probably the same reason we aren't being mocked taking one either)......
Id welcome a trade back to 2 or 3, in exchange for a shit load of picks.....ie an extra couple 1's and 2's.....
-
I've been thinking the 49ers might take watson at #2. If by some miracle we can steal a bunch of picks from them and still land garrett I would shit my pants.
Right.....I keep seeing mocks with SF taking DE......and am surprised how few have them tapping a QB......(though there are no really good ones, so it's probably the same reason we aren't being mocked taking one either)......
Id welcome a trade back to 2 or 3, in exchange for a shit load of picks.....ie an extra couple 1's and 2's.....
Right.....I keep seeing mocks with SF taking DE......and am surprised how few have them tapping a QB......(though there are no really good ones, so it's probably the same reason we aren't being mocked taking one either)......
Id welcome a trade back to 2 or 3, in exchange for a shit load of picks.....ie an extra couple 1's and 2's.....
Keep in mind, we have an established trade relationship with John Robinson (TN GM) in round 1. Last year, the sports radio here in Nashville hosted by former Titans Frank Wycheck in the morning and Blaine Bishop in the afternoon spoke all along how he preferred Jack Conklin to some other guys rated/hyped up ahead of him.
This year, they're saying Jamal Adams looks like what he wants (also knowing how much Dick LeBeau loves to play gridiron chess with a good Safety). Orakpophobia made the Pro Bowl as 1 edge rusher, Kevin Dodd was drafted in round 2 before going to IR early in 2016 while LOLB (and former 1st round pick) Derrick Morgan was finally healthy enough to add 9 sacks.Jurrell Casey made the Pro Bowl at RDE so I could see TN moving up to #1 for Dick LeBeau's favorite gridiron chess piece in the center of their defense. I'm guessing we'd add an important pick somewhere in the first 2 rounds for doing so.
Another thing I've heard is they believe Robinson likes Corey Davis better than Mike Williams but he won't reach for either. Will either be available at #18? Maybe they give us their #18 and their #5 in exchange for our #1 and another pick maybe in round 2 or 3. That might not suck if we're prepared for the draft slots after the energies exhausted to get to them. Robinson and the staff conducted countless mock drafts together leading up to last year's draft. This had them well prepared for any draft slot coming in following trades with a mentality of "if you fail to prepare - you should prepare to fail." They knew they wanted Conklin and knew exactly where they could get him. FWIW, Conklin made All Pro as a rookie while TN improved from 2 wins in 2015 to 9 wins in 2016.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login