Skip to content

Who are Our Currently Rosterred Locker-room Guys and/or Game Lovers?

The Browns Board
11 7 308
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Peppers' discussion over in the Videos thread got me thinking... always a dangerous thing...

    Joe T is the obvious one. His video segments attest to the former, and his far-ranging, football-related, twitter activity, not to mention his willingness to continue playing for the Browns, seem ample evidence of the latter. But who else is there?

    • Sheldon feels like a likely candidate. Not as out-going perhaps, but seems like a lovable lug. Certainly has an infectious smile?
    • Haden? I've seen it, but not sure how much of a constant it is.
    • Collins? You'd hope he's one given his contract, player reputation stature, but I've no idea if, in reality, he is.

    I'm hard pressed to think of any more current candidates, let alone obvious examples.

    I'd think McC was one, but he gone...

    Who, if anyone, is still here that I am overlooking?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #2

    Kirksey....definitely a visible and emerging player....I see leadership there

    Edit....I also see leadership in Orchards personality....maybe he needs to elevate his play to become a team leader....but I think the mentality is there...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #3

    Kirksey just in his senior year in HS had 163 tackles in Missouri(holy chit)..NFL career 292 tackles. As a Junior at Iowa was named teamed Captain. I look for the day Kirksey tells Davis & Collins to "Come get you some"

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I get Kirk on the field, but is there any locker-room guy evidence? Truly asking, as I don't remember any.

    Now if you want argue debate discuss ( 😉 ) on-field leadership, emotional and otherwise, automatically translating to being "the locker-room guy", then let the battle-lines be drawn. Love of the game? Feels like a stronger correlation there, but still not an absolute given.

    I do remember at least one segment where OG spoke, but I don't recall being overwhelmed with "presence".

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Josh McCown

    Oh wait...

    Ummm...

    Meder?

  • Josh McCown

    Oh wait...

    Ummm...

    Meder?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mld-woody said:

    Meder?

    Interesting candidate... any high motor/work-ethic guy would seem automatic for "love of the game" candidacy.

    Locker-room guy? Not sure on-field stature is there for that in Meder's case. But then I'm not sure how much on-field stature is a prerequisite for being locker-room guy.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Think it's a small list outside of JT. Haden maybe

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Joe B?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Its questionable whether orchard is on the roster on opening day. Theres a shit ton of competition at the DE spots this year. Williams may not want any of the old 3-4 guys. He may want to pull some of the depth at DT out to DE if some injuries pile up during the season instead of taking up roster spots with guys that do better standing. Dont know if orchard can get his 4-3 DE back.

    Theres the possibility that williams pulls some hybrid stuff and for that we'll have collins and garrett who looks like an old hat in space.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Garrett, he just isn't on the roster yet...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Dunno, cal... easy to see MG as an inspirational leader-by-example type, but a locker-room leader? Right out of the chute? Haven't detected that kind of personality. Maybe down the road a season or three into his 14-yr Browns' career...

    Bito's an interesting candidate... Came off as personable in his rookie interviews and continued to do so after. Had he been healthy years 2 and 3 I could definitely have seen him growing in either role.

    Made me think of Greco... certainly is a vet presence. Worked hard to change his body and his game when we went ZBS. Have to believe he's doing the same in his rehab. His question is will he even be here in 2017?