Skip to content

Browns "BPA" Draft

The Browns Board
59 15 1.4k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Six trips over a 1-1/2 year period ....

    My brother lived in Bath for several years, which opened the opportunity(and interest) to visit annually.....which was something I previously had little interest in.....and NOW, possibly my favorite long distance destination....

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    BUT......the one thing that sticks with me about all my UK travels.....was the food........

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    @mudfly said:

    My brother lived in Bath for several years, which opened the opportunity(and interest) to visit annually.....which was something I previously had little interest in.....and NOW, possibly my favorite long distance destination....

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    BUT......the one thing that sticks with me about all my UK travels.....was the food........

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    Bath? Hometown of Jeffrey Dahmer?

    Here...you might be able to buy his house that he grew up in. It was only the site of his very first murder:

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4480-W-Bath-Rd-Akron-OH-44333/35327735_zpid/

    As for English food....stick with the fish and chips and you will be fine.

  • @mudfly said:

    My brother lived in Bath for several years, which opened the opportunity(and interest) to visit annually.....which was something I previously had little interest in.....and NOW, possibly my favorite long distance destination....

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    BUT......the one thing that sticks with me about all my UK travels.....was the food........

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    Bath? Hometown of Jeffrey Dahmer?

    Here...you might be able to buy his house that he grew up in. It was only the site of his very first murder:

    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4480-W-Bath-Rd-Akron-OH-44333/35327735_zpid/

    As for English food....stick with the fish and chips and you will be fine.

    @the-gipper said:

    As for English food....stick with the fish and chips and you will be fine.

    Just take the Chunnel and make your way to Paris. Now that is a city I could live in. Great food and sidewalk cafes, plenty of great art and the metro can take you anywhere.

  • @the-gipper said:

    As for English food....stick with the fish and chips and you will be fine.

    Just take the Chunnel and make your way to Paris. Now that is a city I could live in. Great food and sidewalk cafes, plenty of great art and the metro can take you anywhere.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just take the Chunnel and make your way to Paris. Now that is a city I could live in. Great food and sidewalk cafes, plenty of great art and the metro can take you anywhere.

    Different strokes....😉 .....while I do agree with the wonderful food/art/cafe part...I could never live in Paris. Was there twice and never really felt comfortable...(just out of place)........and I learned, whatever you do, NEVER order the pizza......

    The tube became my lifeblood....but my memories of the metro are only of angry beggars and confusion,,,,ha!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Six trips over a 1-1/2 year period ....

    My brother lived in Bath for several years, which opened the opportunity(and interest) to visit annually.....which was something I previously had little interest in.....and NOW, possibly my favorite long distance destination....

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    BUT......the one thing that sticks with me about all my UK travels.....was the food........

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    @mudfly said:

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    Just thank God, for the "Look Right! ===>" reminders at the curb of every crosswalk...

    Food? Thus the seeking of "foreign" establishments... even MickeyD's in a pinch...

  • @mudfly said:

    And, being someone who typically hates urban living and large cities....London has to be one of the greatest places Ive ever visited......and a large city I would love to live in....

    As a general rule......blech 😵

    Just thank God, for the "Look Right! ===>" reminders at the curb of every crosswalk...

    Food? Thus the seeking of "foreign" establishments... even MickeyD's in a pinch...

    @tour2ma said:

    Just thank God, for the "Look Right! ===>" reminders at the curb of every crosswalk...

    ...

    hahaha....no truer words.....and yet, I almost died many many times....🙂

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Just take the Chunnel and make your way to Paris. Now that is a city I could live in. Great food and sidewalk cafes, plenty of great art and the metro can take you anywhere.

    Different strokes....😉 .....while I do agree with the wonderful food/art/cafe part...I could never live in Paris. Was there twice and never really felt comfortable...(just out of place)........and I learned, whatever you do, NEVER order the pizza......

    The tube became my lifeblood....but my memories of the metro are only of angry beggars and confusion,,,,ha!

    @mudfly said:

    The tube became my lifeblood....but my memories of the metro are only of angry beggars and confusion,,,,ha!

    "Mind the Gap!"... The Tube rules... longest escalators in the world.

    On one of my last trips on my former company an industrious scrap thieves had made off with the full complement of one stop's escalator's steps overnight.

    It was then I learned that the manual steps are long, too.

  • I was in London the day we drafted Gerard Warren....one of my darker memories.....

  • Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    As for London it may be a great city in tourist parts but it's a real shithole in a lot of parts, ghettos have sprung up all over south, east and north London. West London is where the money is and might as well be on a different planet to East!

  • Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    As for London it may be a great city in tourist parts but it's a real shithole in a lot of parts, ghettos have sprung up all over south, east and north London. West London is where the money is and might as well be on a different planet to East!

    @londonbrown said:

    Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    As for London it may be a great city in tourist parts but it's a real shithole in a lot of parts, ghettos have sprung up all over south, east and north London. West London is where the money is and might as well be on a different planet to East!

    West End Boys slumming it with East End Girls?

    Edit: Sorry, I guess it is the other way around. West End Girls slumming with East End Boys:

  • Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    As for London it may be a great city in tourist parts but it's a real shithole in a lot of parts, ghettos have sprung up all over south, east and north London. West London is where the money is and might as well be on a different planet to East!

    @londonbrown said:

    Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    ... but the English can make a great soup out of just about anything... maybe it's all that practice they get boiling beef...

    What's weird is how good the food is in the highlands. I took to Haggis like it was Mother's milk... an analogy better suited for their whiskey, but whatever....

  • @londonbrown said:

    Food in London has improved a lot the last few years, all sorts of cuisine available. English food in general is pretty rubbish just all pastry, meat and veg 🙂

    ... but the English can make a great soup out of just about anything... maybe it's all that practice they get boiling beef...

    What's weird is how good the food is in the highlands. I took to Haggis like it was Mother's milk... an analogy better suited for their whiskey, but whatever....

    @tour2ma said:

    ... but the English can make a great soup out of just about anything... maybe it's all that practice they get boiling beef...

    What's weird is how good the food is in the highlands. I took to Haggis like it was Mother's milk... an analogy better suited for their whiskey, but whatever....

    Of course, the key to making Haggis seem good is that you have had to imbibe a significant amount of their whiskey.