Skip to content

Schefter: Browns still split between taking Garrett and Trubisky with #1 pick

The Browns Board
144 30 3.5k
  • So we skip Wentz and Garrett to pick Mitchell??? Are we trying to fuck this up???

  • Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago
    Connor Rogers@ConnorJRogers
    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky" -@nfldraftscout
    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

  • I think it's all a smokescreen. All the stuff this time of year is people just conjecturing thoughts out into the open to see the reaction of other teams. There might be a real feeling in the browns front office, that if they take Garrett at 1, MT won't be back there by 12. If that's the case, is it worth taking him at #1? I have no doubt this has been a conversation. It SHOULD be a conversation. However, this is where you have to trust your board and your scouts and go from there. Also, I think they are doing their due diligence by saying they would be willing to trade out of the number one spot. Why not? If someone is going to offer a deal that is unbelieveable, why wouldn't you take it? For example, what if the Jets offer: This year #1 and #2 plus next year #1 AND Sheldon Richardson? I think that is a no brainer that you take it. It's not going to happen because the Jets and the 49ers are in complete tear down mode so they will more than likely trade out than up, but I'm just saying. There is a reason they are talking to other teams about trading back into the first round as well. The browns are evaluating ALL potential scenarios at this point. They are pre-planning. At this point, their board is set. Now, they are training to see how they react if certain things fall on draft night. This is how smart front offices prepare.

    The latest rumor on the radio was that Hue wants Garrett and the front office is thinking of MT. Surprising? A little, but i think in the end the browns have shown they are willing to stick to their guns and draft who they feel is the best player available. Trash last year's draft all you want, but that was a lot of rookies playing a lot of minutes. everyone thought shelton, kirksey and schwartz were all busts after rookie years. Give these kids a chance to grow up before evaluating them. This team needs playmakers and Hue realizes that first and foremost.

  • As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

  • As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    Agreed........plus it takes away from the NBA playoffs.

  • Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago
    Connor Rogers@ConnorJRogers
    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky" -@nfldraftscout
    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    @darren15 said:

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    LOL great minds think alike? What I just said......

  • I thought Hue liked Kessler. Isnt that why he said "trust me on this" when they drafted him 3 rounds sooner then predicted?

  • @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    Agreed........plus it takes away from the NBA playoffs.

    @htownbrown said:

    Agreed........plus it takes away from the NBA playoffs.

    The NBA season is too long...and the NBA playoffs are way way too long.

    I mean, if baseball only allows a total of 8 teams into its playoffs, and they hold a 1 game and 5 game playoff series..the only one going 7 games being the World Series, then why does the NBA have to have 16 teams....more than half of the teams in the league, then hold 7 game playoffs for every single round?

    Why? Greed clearly. They just want that money.

    Ergo...the NBA should NOT be griping about team's resting their players when they have this ridiculously long playoff season.

  • As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl (1-28). Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football 🥷 (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    @darren15 said:

    Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago

    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

  • @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl (1-28). Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football 🥷 (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    @darren15 said:

    Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago

    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football 🥷 (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

  • @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football 🥷 (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

    @the-gipper said:

    @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football 🥷 (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

    @darren15 said:

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    Would you believe a statewide NFL Sirius Radio for news? OR a guy claiming to be "the Stick to Football guy" from the damn Jets homo projecting his 7th mock draft?

  • If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

  • If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

  • @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    @the-gipper said:

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    @htownbrown said:

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

  • @htownbrown said:

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

    So which one do you want to compare Garrett to? Garrett is better than all 3 combined coming out of college. Mitchell isn't even as good as what we could of had last year.

  • No fucking Weeden, manziel, Brady ........repeat. BPA PLEASE

  • Next year QB class is better

  • Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

  • The Browns have drafted 6 1st round busts in the past five years, what's one more?

    @roycerolls said:

    The Browns have drafted 6 1st round busts in the past five years, what's one more?

    Last night on the NFL Channel - Heath Needs2exhale-Evans said 30 of the 32 first round picks from 2014 are still in the NFL. The only 2 that aren't are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.