Skip to content

Schefter: Browns still split between taking Garrett and Trubisky with #1 pick

The Browns Board
144 30 3.5k
  • @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    Agreed........plus it takes away from the NBA playoffs.

    @htownbrown said:

    Agreed........plus it takes away from the NBA playoffs.

    The NBA season is too long...and the NBA playoffs are way way too long.

    I mean, if baseball only allows a total of 8 teams into its playoffs, and they hold a 1 game and 5 game playoff series..the only one going 7 games being the World Series, then why does the NBA have to have 16 teams....more than half of the teams in the league, then hold 7 game playoffs for every single round?

    Why? Greed clearly. They just want that money.

    Ergo...the NBA should NOT be griping about team's resting their players when they have this ridiculously long playoff season.

  • As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl (1-28). Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football πŸ₯· (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    @darren15 said:

    Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago

    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

  • @the-gipper said:

    As far as I am concerned this just goes to prove my point that the draft is held like a month too late. All it does is give us fans...and the NFL front offices more time to muse over these picks, to overthink these picks, to chew them up, regurgitate them like a cud and swallow it again.

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl (1-28). Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football πŸ₯· (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    @darren15 said:

    Connor Rogers‏Verified account @ConnorJRogers 55m55 minutes ago

    More

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football πŸ₯· (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

  • @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football πŸ₯· (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

    @the-gipper said:

    @gumby73 said:

    It's a job interview process that really does not take off till after Senior Bowl. Legally the process can start when kid hires agent. Roger get's official list to teams on Jan.16th. Your also allowing for important combine numbers but more important is the double players medical's that teams must have. Roger don't care what other sports think..It's all about Football πŸ₯· (ever had to wait on a attorney?)

    The NBA gets there draft done a month after the season ends. I am not saying it does not take time...just that this seems a month too long

    ....and NO, I have never had to wait on an attorney...Doctors on the other hand...OY

    these our the crud's that are crap. Stories get turned around. As of yesterday it was reported that Hue was sold on Garrett & FO was favoring Mitch..It's all posturing. Were taking Garrett as the Harvard committee drive up are local Mitch than slide in for Adams or Soloman Thomas. The only chance of losing Garrett is if Gregg "the prick" Williams makes Myles cry 😊

    No there here.

    @darren15 said:

    "Hue Jackson likes Trubisky. Garrett will be the pick from what I've been told, but they could trade back up for Trubisky"

    Would you believe a statewide NFL Sirius Radio for news? OR a guy claiming to be "the Stick to Football guy" from the damn Jets homo projecting his 7th mock draft?

  • If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

  • If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

  • @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns FO for some reason decided to pick Mitch over Garrett I would want the whole FO canned before they were allowed to make the 12th pick. I like Mitch, I think he is the best QB of the bunch but trade back up to get him dont pass on Garrett.

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    @the-gipper said:

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Buy the team, then you can make those decisions.

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    @htownbrown said:

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

  • @htownbrown said:

    The only way to buy a decade of failure is to buy the Browns after picking another backup QB in the first round.

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

    So which one do you want to compare Garrett to? Garrett is better than all 3 combined coming out of college. Mitchell isn't even as good as what we could of had last year.

  • No fucking Weeden, manziel, Brady ........repeat. BPA PLEASE

  • Next year QB class is better

  • Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

  • The Browns have drafted 6 1st round busts in the past five years, what's one more?

    @roycerolls said:

    The Browns have drafted 6 1st round busts in the past five years, what's one more?

    Last night on the NFL Channel - Heath Needs2exhale-Evans said 30 of the 32 first round picks from 2014 are still in the NFL. The only 2 that aren't are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.

  • Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

    Quarterback for our #1? I read Kirk Cousins Ag. Not that scrub from Chowder Land.

  • Either one his point remains the same. If they were not willing to give up #1 for more proven QB's, then why would they take one there in the draft?

    This should sell ya! LOL! πŸ˜†

  • @frenchie said:

    I don't believe anything at this time of the year (related to the NFL Draft). I heard a radio talk-show discuss rumors of trading down with the Broncos for two hours until they found out that the rumor was trading-up with the Broncos.

    One thing I do know is that Sashi is in charge and he is not stupid. There are 4 QB's in this draft and while they all have potential, none are ready, and the +\- are about even. I think they take a premier player like Garrett, at #1, then see how the board plays out at 12. If someone they like starts to fall, they may move up. If not, they will compare key players and the remaining QB's at 12. If someone like Howard is there, they take him. Then try to work back into the first round to take their QB. If Key players are gone at 12, they will take the QB at 12 and stick to their two second rounders.

    I liked your line of thinking fine, until- you lost me trading back up into the first round. Say to #22 again? LOL. I have a feeling of more Bad Karma about that one. MHO? If we don't take or trade up to get Mitch- it's pass totally on a QB and roll with Kessler and the Ostrich behind a vastly improved o-line. Not saying you can't get lucky taking a QB in the second round like the Raiders did with Carr most recently- but you had better be 100% certain the guy has franchise potential before you waste a high pick on a second or third tier guy. I'm just not seeing it in Watson, Kizer, or Webb. If Quarterback Whisperer Hue thinks he can quickly fix Mahomes' horrible mechanics, he should be fired. Give me a defender like Budda Baker at the top of the second instead.

    @hoorta said:

    I liked your line of thinking fine, until- you lost me trading back up into the first round. Say to #22 again? LOL. I have a feeling of more Bad Karma about that one. MHO? If we don't take or trade up to get Mitch- it's pass totally on a QB and roll with Kessler and the Ostrich behind a vastly improved o-line. Not saying you can't get lucky taking a QB in the second round like the Raiders did with Carr most recently- but you had better be 100% certain the guy has franchise potential before you waste a high pick on a second or third tier guy. I'm just not seeing it in Watson, Kizer, or Webb. If Quarterback Whisperer Hue thinks he can quickly fix Mahomes' horrible mechanics, he should be fired. Give me a defender like Budda Baker at the top of the second instead.

    The trade-up to the first round gives you one more year with the player under a rookie contract. With this group of QB's that probably makes sense. Please not to #22 LOL.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Or worse yet, another DE that can't even a backup. Mingo, Courtney, Wimbley. Well, maybe Wimbley could be a backup.

    So which one do you want to compare Garrett to? Garrett is better than all 3 combined coming out of college. Mitchell isn't even as good as what we could of had last year.

    @htownbrown said:

    So which one do you want to compare Garrett to? Garrett is better than all 3 combined coming out of college. Mitchell isn't even as good as what we could of had last year.

    Both things you say are wrong: A. You have no clue if Garrett is better or will be better, he might be, or he may not be. I don't think he is any more highly rated than Courtney Brown was...and B. My opinion aside, Trubisky has graded out better than either Goff or Wentz...by whomever does the grading.

  • Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is an interesting take. From the article: "If I’m going to believe anything, I’d lean toward Jackson wanting Garrett. He ruled out trading the No. 1 pick for a quarterback (read: Patriots backup Jimmy Garoppolo), and if the Browns are as hot for Garoppolo as I believe, why would Trubisky be worth the pick but not Garoppolo?"

    That's an excellent point!

    http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/12/Analysis.html

    Because....perhaps in their view MT is a much better QB prospect than Garropolo?

    Again, all y'all are imputing your own thoughts and opinions on to others. Those others being the Browns FO...and all of us on here that may disagree with your opinion.

  • @roycerolls said:

    The Browns have drafted 6 1st round busts in the past five years, what's one more?

    Last night on the NFL Channel - Heath Needs2exhale-Evans said 30 of the 32 first round picks from 2014 are still in the NFL. The only 2 that aren't are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.

    @flugel said:

    Last night on the NFL Channel - Heath Needs2exhale-Evans said 30 of the 32 first round picks from 2014 are still in the NFL. The only 2 that aren't are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.

    And some may wonder why Ray Farmer has no job now.

  • Either one his point remains the same. If they were not willing to give up #1 for more proven QB's, then why would they take one there in the draft?

    This should sell ya! LOL! πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    Either one his point remains the same. If they were not willing to give up #1 for more proven QB's, then why would they take one there in the draft?

    The point is not the same. Garropolo specifically is not proven at all.

    And the reason they may consider taking him is because they view him as a supreme talent.

    What is it about this fact that you lunkheads don't understand?

    YOUR opinions don't count for shit or shinola.

    Only the Browns FO's opinions count...and they may be different than yours.

    DOH!

    (That is not to say they won't take Garrett....but it is also not to say that they may give it some serious thought about taking the QB. Lunkheads discount that possibility when they shouldn't)