Skip to content

Forget the Mocks, Post Your Draft Board...

The Browns Board
54 10 1.9k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Where are the QBs, you ask?

    22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

    26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

    30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

    39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

    103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

    111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

    112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

    180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

    207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

    239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

    297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

    So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... 😮

    Wait for it... 🥷

    Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? 🥷😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? 🥷😁

    Always... 😉

    Meanwhile back at the thread. Thought I'd do a First-Pick completely using my updated board....

    Josh Jones was actually there at 3.01, but already had Adams for my SS.

    Your score is: 13837 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 12: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Marcus Sanders-Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 20: Forrest Lamp, OG/OT, Western Kentucky (A)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (😎

    Round 4 Pick 1: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)

    Round 5 Pick 1: Howard Wilson, CB, Houston (A-)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A-)

    Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar (TX) ©

    Round 6 Pick 4: Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State (B-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2019 Round 1 Pick

  • @tour2ma said:

    Where are the QBs, you ask?

    22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

    26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

    30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

    39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

    103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

    111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

    112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

    180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

    207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

    239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

    297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

    So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... 😮

    Wait for it... 🥷

    Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? 🥷😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? 🥷😁

    The only bomb would be: Do you want to bet that both MT and Watson go higher than 22 and 26? Put up your tickets to Spain if you dare!

  • Ya know, I've been excited for this draft for A WHILE now, but I have to say....the excitement is quickly turning into outright nervousness and even anger. I'm so damn nervous that we'll completely screw it up, and the anger is forming because I'm already seeing the headlines that describe our organization's giant failure. I can just see it now. "Browns remind everyone why they completely suck every year and take a QB at #1!"

  • Ya know, I've been excited for this draft for A WHILE now, but I have to say....the excitement is quickly turning into outright nervousness and even anger. I'm so damn nervous that we'll completely screw it up, and the anger is forming because I'm already seeing the headlines that describe our organization's giant failure. I can just see it now. "Browns remind everyone why they completely suck every year and take a QB at #1!"

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ya know, I've been excited for this draft for A WHILE now, but I have to say....the excitement is quickly turning into outright nervousness and even anger. I'm so damn nervous that we'll completely screw it up, and the anger is forming because I'm already seeing the headlines that describe our organization's giant failure. I can just see it now. "Browns remind everyone why they completely suck every year and take a QB at #1!"

    Will you leave this board and give up your Browns fan card if that happens? I think you should based on your approach.

  • So is this Tavern going to be open so I can communicate with you ladies whilst in my own tavern...?

  • So is this Tavern going to be open so I can communicate with you ladies whilst in my own tavern...?

    @tiamat63 said:

    So is this Tavern going to be open so I can communicate with you ladies whilst in my own tavern...?

    Just sent email to Stan asking...

  • Like most, I have Myles in a cluster of one at the top. I don't think he's the best football player in this draft right now necessarily and my price for a trade down isn't THAT high, but his ceiling is higher than any other prospect and the bust potential isn't too high so I have to put him in a category of his own.

    My next cluster goes like this:

    2. Jonathan Allen-DT-Alabama

    3. Jamal Adams-S-LSU

    4. Solomon Thomas-DE/DT-Stanford

    5. Reuben Foster-LB-Alabama: He would be my #2, maybe even #1, if not for his "issues".

    6. Haason Reddick-OLB-Temple

    6. Malik Hooker-S-Ohio State: His physicality is underrated. Not as sure a tackler as Adams but not scared either.

    7. Leonard Fournette-RB-LSU: People like to say "he has no lateral agility." They fail to mention his straight line speed and explosion and power is so far above everyone else that it doesn't matter. He's an animal.

    8. Dalvin Cook-RB-FSU: Tempted to put him above Fournette because of his catching ability but the gap in their running ability is just too great. I think this kid could turn into a Le'Veon Bell type-guy that catches several balls per game.

    9. Taco Charlton-DE-Michigan: Kid is a beast. Freak athlete and get off for his size.

    Group 3:

    Derek Barnett-DE-Tennessee: Frankly, his get off is so bad at times I think it may be a stance issue. His acceleration makes up for it though. Great potential.

    Antonio Garcia-OT-Troy: Just found this kid. BEST OL IN THE CLASS.

    Cam Robinson-OT-Alabama

    Ryan Ramczyk-OT-Wisconsin

    Mitch Trubisky-QB-UNC: Best QB in this draft

    Mike Williams-WR-Clemson

    Corey Davis-WR-Western Michigan

    Marlon Humphrey-CB-Alabama: Admittedly, I'm no expert on DBs, but I don't see how anyone thinks Lattimore is better than this kid.

    Marshon Lattimore-CB-Ohio State

    Tre'Davious White-CB-LSU

    Chidobe Awuzie-CB-Colorado: Most have this guy lower. I like him. Not as athletic as Lattimore or Conley but adequate and he likes to hit.

    K King-CB-Washington: Similar to Awuzie. Great size.

    Group 4:

    Roderick Johnson-OT-FSU: Super athlete. Needs to work on balance. He's strongish. I like him.

    Forrest Lamp-OL-WKU: Not as high on him as some, but still pretty high.

    Dion Dawkins-OL-Temple

    Gareon Conley-CB-Ohio State

    OJ Howard-TE-Alabama: Most would have him in the second group. I think that's overrating him. Not a huge fan.

    Desmond King-CB-Iowa

    Gerbil Peppers-Whatever-Michigan: Nice tackler. Questionable in coverage. Too small for LB.

    Justin Evans-S-Ags: Total homer pick. Only tape I watched was against Alabama. Was this kid hungover for that game? He didn't do anything and didn't look like he wanted to be out there. However, having watched him for two years, I do believe he's a better prospect than the safeties I have below him here.

    5:

    Julie'n Davenport-OT-Bucknell: Awesome frame. Good feet. Good athlete. Very poor technique. Someone with a good coach and patience can turn him into an All-Pro.

    Marcus Williams-S-Utah

    Josh Jones-S-NCSU

    Zac Cunningham-LB-Vanderbilt: Most have this guy in group 3ish. I don't like him there. Not a great tackler or block shedder in the tape I watched.

    Sidney Jones-CB-Washington: I would put him in group 3 if he didn't have injury issues.

    6:

    Garrett Bolles-OT-Utah

    David Sharpe-OT-Florida: Feel the same about him as I do Davenport except Sharpe's ceiling is lower. Very bad technique.

    TJ Watt-Edge-Wisconsin: Not a fan of his at all. Looks small out there. He's an ok pass rusher but he'll get swallowed up against the run in the NFL.

    Adoree Jackson-CB-USC

    7:

    Taylor Moten-OT-WMU: Nice size and body composition. Don't like the tape. Unathletic.

    Connor McDermott-OT-UCLA: Good feet. Not much strength.

  • Tour, what do you think of Garcia and Davenport?

    I have to disagree with your assessment of second round safeties. Nothing with Williams or Jones stood out to me. Like I said, it's a homer pick but I like what I've seen from Evans better. I think his tackling issues are technique and discipline related. He loves to lay the big hit so he doesn't wrap up. That's an easy fix.

    I also throw in the caveat that I don't really do DBs lol....

  • Tour, what do you think of Garcia and Davenport?

    I have to disagree with your assessment of second round safeties. Nothing with Williams or Jones stood out to me. Like I said, it's a homer pick but I like what I've seen from Evans better. I think his tackling issues are technique and discipline related. He loves to lay the big hit so he doesn't wrap up. That's an easy fix.

    I also throw in the caveat that I don't really do DBs lol....

    @wargograw said:

    Tour, what do you think of Garcia and Davenport?

    I have to disagree with your assessment of second round safeties. Nothing with Williams or Jones stood out to me. Like I said, it's a homer pick but I like what I've seen from Evans better. I think his tackling issues are technique and discipline related. He loves to lay the big hit so he doesn't wrap up. That's an easy fix.

    I also throw in the caveat that I don't really do DBs lol....

    lol... I did get a hint from the lack of words after almost every DB was listed.

    But that's, OK... I think you are way out to lunch on Taco and Barnett... Call it even?

    I like Garcia. He's raw, but I see something there with which to work. His problem is he's being touted as a Day 2 pick and he's not great value there.

    I can't say the same for Davenport... this class seems to have a cap at 6'6 for good OL... lone exception is Pocic, who's 6'7 per some sources, but even at 6'6 I think he's too tall to stay at Center.

    My Day 3 OT is MSU's Justin Senior. Bit of a blubber-belly, but moves surprisingly well for his girth. Trim him down and muscle him up, and I think you may have something.

  • Davenport's athleticism jumped off the tape for me. Add in the fact that he's still skinny and that's something I could work with.

  • Grouped by certainty of talent translating to NFL. Ordered within groups (clusters) by combination of need, positional impact and viable later options.

    In rounds where we have multiple picks well spread across the round, two sub-groupings are created.

    Cusps are inserted between each round for prospects that could rise:

    • in the event of a run on a position in the higher of the two rounds, or
    • if the lower cluster's prospects, in the higher round, are all off the board and no acceptable trade down offers are received.

    My Board

    1a: Myles Garrett (DE)

    1b: J. Adams (SS), S. Thomas (DE), J. Allen (DT), R. Foster (ILB), M. Lattimore (CB), M. Hooker (FS), OJ Howard (TE), H. Reddick (OLB)

    1/2 Cusp: D. Watson (QB), M. Trubisky (QB),

    2a: M. Williams (FS), C. Gonley (CB), Z. Cunningham (OLB), C. Awuzie (CB), K. King (CB/FS) T. Watt (OLB), F. Lamp (OG/OT)

    2b: J. Jones (SS), A. Jackson (CB), B. Baker (FS), T. Bowser (OLB), R. McMillan (ILB), D. Dawkins (OG/OT)

    2/3: S. Jones (CB), C. Brantley (DT),L. Ogunjobi (DT), C. Godwin (WR), E. Jackson (SS)

    3: J. Butt (TE), A. Shaheen (TE), M. Adams (DT), A. Anzalone (OLB), A. Garcia (OT), D. King (FS)

    3/4: T. Taylor (WR), M. Maye (FS), J. Leggett (TE),

    4. N. Peterman (QB), A Walker, Jr. (ILB), S. Griffin (CB), H. Wilson (CB), C. Watkins (DT), Ja. Williams (RB), G. Kittle (TE), M. Mack (RB)

    4/5: S. Perrine (RB), R. Glasgow (DT), E. Vanderdoes (DT)

    5a: C. Kelly (QB), R. Switzer (WR)

    5b: J. Toth (C ), B. Langley (CB)

    5/6: J. Dobbs (QB), D. Webb (QB), R. Davis (WR)

    6. Z. Gonzales (K), T. Thompson (SS), J. Senior (OT), J. Chessan (WR), J. Malone (WR), TJ Logan (RB), CJ Bethard (QB)

    Time to sift through the rubble... Damn... even my failsafe QB has been taken. Only two players above my R3/4 Cusp are still available, but both those would duplicate picks we've already booked.

    • Those two are underlined, but play positions we've already drafted.
    • Strikethough prospects have been selected.
    • Remaining prospects for positions we have not as yet drafted are boldfaced.
    • Italicized prospects were either added in a one earlier revision to the original posting, or just now.

    @tour2ma said:

    My Board

    1a: Myles Garrett (DE)

    1b: J. Adams (SS), S. Thomas (DE), J. Allen (DT), R. Foster (ILB), M. Lattimore (CB), M. Hooker (FS), OJ Howard (TE), H. Reddick (OLB)

    1/2 Cusp: D. Watson (QB), M. Trubisky (QB),

    2a: M. Williams (FS), C. Gonley (CB), Z. Cunningham (OLB), C. Awuzie (CB), K. King (CB/FS) T. Watt (OLB), F. Lamp (OG/OT)

    2b: J. Jones (SS), A. Jackson (CB), B. Baker (FS), T. Bowser (OLB), R. McMillan (ILB), D. Dawkins (OG/OT)

    2/3: S. Jones (CB), C. Brantley (DT),L. Ogunjobi (DT), C. Godwin (WR), E. Jackson (SS)

    3: J. Butt (TE), A. Shaheen (TE), M. Adams (DT), A. Anzalone (OLB), A. Garcia (OT), D. King (FS)

    3/4: T. Taylor (WR), M. Maye (FS), J. Leggett (TE),

    4. N. Peterman (QB), A Walker, Jr. (ILB), S. Griffin (CB), H. Wilson (CB), C. Watkins (DT), Ja. Williams (RB), G. Kittle (TE), M. Mack (RB)

    4/5: S. Perrine (RB), R. Glasgow (DT), E. Vanderdoes (DT)

    5a: C. Kelly (QB), R. Switzer (WR), B. Hill (RB), R. Jenkins (FS), B. Wilson (CB)

    5b: J. Toth (C ), B. Langley (CB), Jalen Myrick (CB)

    5/6: J. Dobbs (QB), D. Webb (QB), R. Davis (WR), Dylan Cole (OLB)

    6. Z. Gonzales (K), T. Thompson (SS), J. Senior (OT), J. Chessan (WR), J. Malone (WR), TJ Logan (RB), CJ Bethard (QB), J. Ford (FS), Chase Allen (ILB)

    New additions... that I never thought we'd get to...

    FS:

    • Rayshawn Jenkins (The U) - not the best fit, but the best, FS athlete left on the board. Might make it to 5.01...
    • Johnathan Ford (Auburn) - FS in a SS body and a final fallback for the 6th...

    CB: My UH kid, my lone remaining CB, ain't gonna survive the 4th... so...

    • Brandon Wilson (UH) - this other other Wilson is my backup Coug... at 5'10 was "under the radar" until he popped a 40" vertical at UH's pro day... tough kid to boot. Needs work, but will earn his spot on S/T's while doing CB grad school.
    • Jalen Myrick (MN) - undersized at 5'10, so I passed over him, but fast as hell, can elevate and can press cover.

    OLB: only one to add...

    • Dylan Cole (Misssouri St.) - played Sam as a Jr. and Will as a Sr. .... and got better. Pro day was awesome. Not great against the pass.

    ILB: one here, too...

    • Chase Allen (SIU) - better name than player, but has speed and agility to be a good S/T'er...

    And that does it...

  • Time to sift through the rubble... Damn... even my failsafe QB has been taken. Only two players above my R3/4 Cusp are still available, but both those would duplicate picks we've already booked.

    • Those two are underlined, but play positions we've already drafted.
    • Strikethough prospects have been selected.
    • Remaining prospects for positions we have not as yet drafted are boldfaced.
    • Italicized prospects were either added in a one earlier revision to the original posting, or just now.

    @tour2ma said:

    My Board

    1a: Myles Garrett (DE)

    1b: J. Adams (SS), S. Thomas (DE), J. Allen (DT), R. Foster (ILB), M. Lattimore (CB), M. Hooker (FS), OJ Howard (TE), H. Reddick (OLB)

    1/2 Cusp: D. Watson (QB), M. Trubisky (QB),

    2a: M. Williams (FS), C. Gonley (CB), Z. Cunningham (OLB), C. Awuzie (CB), K. King (CB/FS) T. Watt (OLB), F. Lamp (OG/OT)

    2b: J. Jones (SS), A. Jackson (CB), B. Baker (FS), T. Bowser (OLB), R. McMillan (ILB), D. Dawkins (OG/OT)

    2/3: S. Jones (CB), C. Brantley (DT),L. Ogunjobi (DT), C. Godwin (WR), E. Jackson (SS)

    3: J. Butt (TE), A. Shaheen (TE), M. Adams (DT), A. Anzalone (OLB), A. Garcia (OT), D. King (FS)

    3/4: T. Taylor (WR), M. Maye (FS), J. Leggett (TE),

    4. N. Peterman (QB), A Walker, Jr. (ILB), S. Griffin (CB), H. Wilson (CB), C. Watkins (DT), Ja. Williams (RB), G. Kittle (TE), M. Mack (RB)

    4/5: S. Perrine (RB), R. Glasgow (DT), E. Vanderdoes (DT)

    5a: C. Kelly (QB), R. Switzer (WR), B. Hill (RB), R. Jenkins (FS), B. Wilson (CB)

    5b: J. Toth (C ), B. Langley (CB), Jalen Myrick (CB)

    5/6: J. Dobbs (QB), D. Webb (QB), R. Davis (WR), Dylan Cole (OLB)

    6. Z. Gonzales (K), T. Thompson (SS), J. Senior (OT), J. Chessan (WR), J. Malone (WR), TJ Logan (RB), CJ Bethard (QB), J. Ford (FS), Chase Allen (ILB)

    New additions... that I never thought we'd get to...

    FS:

    • Rayshawn Jenkins (The U) - not the best fit, but the best, FS athlete left on the board. Might make it to 5.01...
    • Johnathan Ford (Auburn) - FS in a SS body and a final fallback for the 6th...

    CB: My UH kid, my lone remaining CB, ain't gonna survive the 4th... so...

    • Brandon Wilson (UH) - this other other Wilson is my backup Coug... at 5'10 was "under the radar" until he popped a 40" vertical at UH's pro day... tough kid to boot. Needs work, but will earn his spot on S/T's while doing CB grad school.
    • Jalen Myrick (MN) - undersized at 5'10, so I passed over him, but fast as hell, can elevate and can press cover.

    OLB: only one to add...

    • Dylan Cole (Misssouri St.) - played Sam as a Jr. and Will as a Sr. .... and got better. Pro day was awesome. Not great against the pass.

    ILB: one here, too...

    • Chase Allen (SIU) - better name than player, but has speed and agility to be a good S/T'er...

    And that does it...

    @tour2ma said:

    And that does it...

    Boo....hiss....

  • lol... yeah... just a tad underwhelming...

  • THANK YOU SASHI!