Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Forget the Mocks, Post Your Draft Board...

Forget the Mocks, Post Your Draft Board...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
54 Posts 10 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • T TexasAg1969

    @mudfly said:

    Yep.....Humphrey is on my early in 2nd list.......would waffle between him and my boy Adore though......

    Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

    Edit: I think Humphrey gets drafted before Jackson

    Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 7k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

    Id agree.....which is the conundrum(ie waffle time)....

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 11k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
      #22

      The thing I always find difficult about evaluating the Bama CBs is they often get spoiled by a great front 7 and pass rush that coincides well with their bump/physical press NFL teams aren't always offering. I think Saban also mixes in a nice blend of zone. Dee Milliner got the culture shock of a life time when the grabbing he always got a way with at Bama got flagged in games and noticed in practice when he was a NY Jet.

      Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice to finally see Joe Haden get the perk of a reasonable pass rush up front?

      I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • T TexasAg1969

        @mudfly said:

        Yep.....Humphrey is on my early in 2nd list.......would waffle between him and my boy Adore though......

        Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

        Edit: I think Humphrey gets drafted before Jackson

        Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 11k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @texasag1969 said:

        Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

        Edit: I think Humphrey gets drafted before Jackson

        My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

        Joe Haden is a really strong guy especially when he can bench 225 lbs about 20-22 times at his size/weight; and he had a lot of trouble covering and tackling Brandon Marshall when we played the Jets to open 2015. Even when he maintained good coverage - the matchup remained unfair. The NFL has a lot of big WRs that will be just as tough to tackle as they are to cover so keeping this in mind is important. I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

        I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

        I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
        MudflyM 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • FlugelF Flugel

          @texasag1969 said:

          Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

          Edit: I think Humphrey gets drafted before Jackson

          My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

          Joe Haden is a really strong guy especially when he can bench 225 lbs about 20-22 times at his size/weight; and he had a lot of trouble covering and tackling Brandon Marshall when we played the Jets to open 2015. Even when he maintained good coverage - the matchup remained unfair. The NFL has a lot of big WRs that will be just as tough to tackle as they are to cover so keeping this in mind is important. I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

          I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

          Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 7k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
          #24

          @flugel said:

          My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

          Joe Haden is a really strong guy especially when he can bench 225 lbs about 20-22 times at his size/weight; and he had a lot of trouble covering and tackling Brandon Marshall when we played the Jets to open 2015. Even when he maintained good coverage - the matchup remained unfair. The NFL has a lot of big WRs that will be just as tough to tackle as they are to cover so keeping this in mind is important. I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

          I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

          My only issue is that size does not make the player.....and that is why those 6-1" guys you mentioned are in the middle to later rounds.....because they aren't as good as the guys at the top...

          So...based upon that....are you saying a first rounder(like Haden @ 5-11 / 190 #'s) is a worse option than a 6-1" 4th rounder?

          Many of the all time best CB's....modern era included....are small guys who simply play ball.

          Frank Minnefield, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey all say little guys can succeed in the modern game.....hell. every receiver Minnefield ever covered was bigger than him...taller and heavier....but, with him being a great player, it meant those measurements didnt matter....(and there are many many many more examples of great CB's under 6'-0" and 200#).....many many many....

          Not necessarily you Fluges....but way too many people get hung up on measurements and weight and height and allow those things to affect their evaluation of talent and game performance..... I for one, will not be passing on a great player because he's 10 pounds less than I think he should be....or an inch shorter.....or has 8 inch hands, instead of 9 inch hands....etc etc....

          So.....just for kicks.....give me your 6'-1" mid round CB that will bring more than Adore...?

          FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W wargograw

            Tour, where are Tre'Davious White and Marlon Humphrey? Two first rounders I never seem to hear about on this board.

            Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 30k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @wargograw said:

            Tour, where are Tre'Davious White and Marlon Humphrey? Two first rounders I never seem to hear about on this board.

            TBH.... I don't spend a s much time on CBs. The cutdowns simply don't give enough of a look at them. If I had all-22's, I'd spend more time.

            Then there's the "will-they-be-there" factor... or do I care if they are? I feel in the gap between 1.12 and 2.01 many of the better CBs will get snapped up. And since I am a front2back-insideout kinda guy, I like Safeties in the 2nd... especially at the time I did "my board". Add that there is depth in this CB and I care a little less about the top of the class once I see value into Day 3.

            Since then I've cooled a little more on our SS need and upped our FS need. So today I might focus more on CBs to the extent that I can.

            @londonbrown said:

            Thought this was interesting regards grading big boards years later

            http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/hasan-who-crafted-the-best-big-board-in-2014/

            Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
            L 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • MudflyM Mudfly

              @flugel said:

              My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

              Joe Haden is a really strong guy especially when he can bench 225 lbs about 20-22 times at his size/weight; and he had a lot of trouble covering and tackling Brandon Marshall when we played the Jets to open 2015. Even when he maintained good coverage - the matchup remained unfair. The NFL has a lot of big WRs that will be just as tough to tackle as they are to cover so keeping this in mind is important. I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

              I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

              My only issue is that size does not make the player.....and that is why those 6-1" guys you mentioned are in the middle to later rounds.....because they aren't as good as the guys at the top...

              So...based upon that....are you saying a first rounder(like Haden @ 5-11 / 190 #'s) is a worse option than a 6-1" 4th rounder?

              Many of the all time best CB's....modern era included....are small guys who simply play ball.

              Frank Minnefield, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey all say little guys can succeed in the modern game.....hell. every receiver Minnefield ever covered was bigger than him...taller and heavier....but, with him being a great player, it meant those measurements didnt matter....(and there are many many many more examples of great CB's under 6'-0" and 200#).....many many many....

              Not necessarily you Fluges....but way too many people get hung up on measurements and weight and height and allow those things to affect their evaluation of talent and game performance..... I for one, will not be passing on a great player because he's 10 pounds less than I think he should be....or an inch shorter.....or has 8 inch hands, instead of 9 inch hands....etc etc....

              So.....just for kicks.....give me your 6'-1" mid round CB that will bring more than Adore...?

              Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 11k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @mudfly said:

              My only issue is that size does not make the player.....and that is why those 6-1" guys you mentioned are in the middle to later rounds.....because they aren't as good as the guys at the top...

              So...based upon that....are you saying a first rounder(like Haden @ 5-11 / 190 #'s) is a worse option than a 6-1" 4th rounder?

              Many of the all time best CB's....modern era included....are small guys who simply play ball.

              Frank Minnefield, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey all say little guys can succeed in the modern game.....hell. every receiver Minnefield ever covered was bigger than him...taller and heavier....but, with him being a great player, it meant those measurements didnt matter....(and there are many many many more examples of great CB's under 6'-0" and 200#).....many many many....

              Not necessarily you Fluges....but way too many people get hung up on measurements and weight and height and allow those things to affect their evaluation of talent and game performance..... I for one, will not be passing on a great player because he's 10 pounds less than I think he should be....or an inch shorter.....or has 8 inch hands, instead of 9 inch hands....etc etc....

              So.....just for kicks.....give me your 6'-1" mid round CB that will bring more than Adore...?

              You present some good challenges here Mud. I'll give it a whirl...

              I loved Minnifield for playing way tougher than his size 25-30 years ago. Dixon was 5'11" backin that era. I think the game has changed to the bigger targets to exploit the smaller corners. I'm seeing less smurfs, fun bunches and Marks Brothers out wide in lieu of more Randy Moss, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, Terelle Pryor, Kenny Britt, Dez Bryant, Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, etc. Most of that group is at least 6'2" and with a mean of 6'3" before I get to the BB/Sean Payton enjoyments of lining up TEs like Gronk and Graham out wide to try to exploit their size advantages over corners. The last time we beat Drew Brees - we got out ahead and Payton adjusted by getting Graham isolated with Haden which led to 2 TD receptions and Haden feeling helpless to the size advantage in spite of decent coverage considering. Brees is accurate so what could Haden do against the catch radius of his 6'7" go to guy? This size, catch radius, and idea of lining up a TE all over the formation is making a guy like OJ Howard a very attractive 1st round prospect (while 4.5 speed, good hands and much improved blocking also help).

              Here's some bigger Corners over 6':

              Kevin King 6'2 5/8" 195 lbs Wash

              Marlon Humphrey 6'1" 200 lbs Bama

              Quincy Wilson 6'1" 212 lbs UF

              Rasul Douglas 6'2" 204 lbs WVA

              Greg Mabin 6'1 3/4" 200 lbs Iowa

              Here's some at 6':

              Marshon Lattimore 6' 195 lbs OSU

              Teez Tabor 6' 200 lbs UF

              Gareon Conley 6" 192 lbs OSU

              Sidney Jones 6' 180 lbs (injured) Wash

              Cordea Tankersly 6' 200 lbs Clemson

              Chidobe Awuzie 6' 205 lbs Colorado

              Marquez White 6' 184 lbs FSU

              Adoree is listed at 5'10" 183 lbs and like I said - he got injured in the Rose Bowl.

              As for Joe Haden - Athlon Sports 2016 Pro Football preview listed him at 5'11" 195 lbs and K'Wuan Williams was listed at 5'9" 183 lbs (and it felt like he couldn't finish quite a few games he started/held down the 3rd corner spot due to injuries/dings/concussions). Many of our DBs the last 2-3 years have had trouble staying healthy while concussion volumes back there seemed to spike in 2015.

              I remembered when we played the Rams in 2015 where Gregg Williams had a physical secondary that laid the lumber on our receivers all game long. While CB Janoris Jenkins was only about 5'10" or 5'11" his compact muscle density tipped the scales at 198 lbs and Trumaine Johnson was 6'2" 208 lbs. We tried 1 bubble screen that ended in smelling salts for our lucky WR that caught the pass. I kept saying I sure would like me some of that on our defense. The good news is we added the DC that brought that thinking my way.

              I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • FlugelF Flugel

                @texasag1969 said:

                Jackson is the better overall because of his ST value, but Humphrey is the better coverage CB IMO.

                Edit: I think Humphrey gets drafted before Jackson

                My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

                Joe Haden is a really strong guy especially when he can bench 225 lbs about 20-22 times at his size/weight; and he had a lot of trouble covering and tackling Brandon Marshall when we played the Jets to open 2015. Even when he maintained good coverage - the matchup remained unfair. The NFL has a lot of big WRs that will be just as tough to tackle as they are to cover so keeping this in mind is important. I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

                I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

                Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 7k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                #27

                Ok.....hopefully Ill get you to Adore Adore' more'...if you follow my points....

                First: You've admitted you've only seen one game he played in and he left that game with an injury....so you are discounting him without even seeing what he can do or how he plays.....??

                second: You claim he will be susceptible to injury, due to his size(2" and 10 lbs) and the fact that he got hurt that one time....even though he played 3 fuil college seasons w/o missing a single start....and the only injury he had was a twisted ankle(which certainly was not caused by his size)...

                Comments below confirm this...correct?

                @flugel said:

                My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

                I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

                And, in the above comment, you then say there are some good ones in the mid to late rounds that you would prefer.....so I asked who and you gave me(basically) the top 10 CB prospects.....and no one? from the mid to late rounds.....(which is what you said)

                Below I see a bunch of top picks, many(most) whom will be gone when we are picking CB....So, lets address a few things about some of these guys below, who are an inch or 2 taller....and a few pounds more....but who's other measureables are much worse(and these are being ignored, just for the sake of a few inches??)....

                Guys like King, Jones and White are taller....but leaner....meaning(to me) they have less bulk and are more likely to break. Thicker guys can withstand more than skinny guys....and Id say Adore is as thick and tough as most of em....

                Speed and athleticism are critical, and outside of Lattimore, none of these guys are better athletes or faster than Adore....and, as a CB, Id think speed and athletic ability rank higher than an extra inch in height...

                And, speaking of athletic ability....Adore has a 37" vertical.....compare that to Tankersley at 29" or Tabor at 31" and see that Adore is the one most likely to challenge a tall WR, because he's the one who can actually keep up with AND jump with the biggest and best....

                NOW......the extra goodies.....Adore is also a great kickoff and punt returner......and can play WR.....and RB.....WHY?.....because he;s a REAL football player through and through....boths side of the ball....and special teams too....this is the type of guy ALL teams need....and Id think you, of all people, would appreciate a guy like this who gives his all...always...

                @flugel said:

                You present some good challenges here Mud. I'll give it a whirl...

                Here's some bigger Corners over 6':

                Kevin King 6'2 5/8" 195 lbs Wash

                Marlon Humphrey 6'1" 200 lbs Bama

                Quincy Wilson 6'1" 212 lbs UF

                Rasul Douglas 6'2" 204 lbs WVA

                Greg Mabin 6'1 3/4" 200 lbs Iowa

                Here's some at 6':

                Marshon Lattimore 6' 195 lbs OSU

                Teez Tabor 6' 200 lbs UF

                Gareon Conley 6" 192 lbs OSU

                Sidney Jones 6' 180 lbs (injured) Wash

                Cordea Tankersly 6' 200 lbs Clemson

                Chidobe Awuzie 6' 205 lbs Colorado

                Marquez White 6' 184 lbs FSU

                Adoree is listed at 5'10" 183 lbs and like I said - he got injured twisted his ankle in the Rose Bowl.

                As for Joe Haden - Athlon Sports 2016 Pro Football preview listed him at 5'11" 195 lbs and K'Wuan Williams was listed at 5'9" 183 lbs (and it felt like he couldn't finish quite a few games he started/held down the 3rd corner spot due to injuries/dings/concussions). Many of our DBs the last 2-3 years have had trouble staying healthy while concussion volumes back there seemed to spike in 2015.

                Quick notes on this.....1) concussions are not a result of being a couple inches shorter. .....2)none of our small DB were hurt due to their size......3) You seem to LOVE our new guy Boddy Calhoun who is only 5-9".....and Taylor who is 5-11"////

                So....in the end....you have completely discounted a multi talented - old school - always healthy - 3 way player without even watching him play, simply because he's an inch or 2 shorter than you prefer(even though you love our guys who are the same size)...... and you have declared you'd rather pick a lower ranked (taller) player who is apparently available later in the draft(though you cant/havent' named him).....all w/o seeing a single game of his stellar 3 year college career....

                And I hope Ive established that his speed and leaping ability allow him to do everything(and more) than most of those guys on the list.....and the injury thing is just worry on your part...there is no precedent for it with smaller DB's or Adore....none...

                I guess we each have a way to rank players, but I prefer the ole "watch him before I judge" rule..... 😉

                FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 30k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                  #28

                  All things being equal in so many other CB attributes... speed, agility/fluidity, hops, want-to... sure you put a premium on the bigger, taller ones, but... all things are not always equal. The more compact players more often seem to have the other attributes you look for in a corner.

                  Fortunately for the smaller corners the same still tends to apply to WRs. For every AJ or Julio or Megatron, there's a couple Sammies or Dorsetts or Adams-es...

                  "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 23k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    Mud it sounds like you just resolved your dilemma over Jackson vs. Humphrey. 😁

                    MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • T TexasAg1969

                      Mud it sounds like you just resolved your dilemma over Jackson vs. Humphrey. 😁

                      Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                      #30

                      @texasag1969 said:

                      Mud it sounds like you just resolved your dilemma over Jackson vs. Humphrey. 😁

                      Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                      Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... 😉

                      And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

                      T tiamat63T 2 Replies Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • MudflyM Mudfly

                        @texasag1969 said:

                        Mud it sounds like you just resolved your dilemma over Jackson vs. Humphrey. 😁

                        Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                        Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... 😉

                        And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 23k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                        #31

                        @mudfly said:

                        Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                        LOL! Farmer Jr. 😛😉

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • MudflyM Mudfly

                          @texasag1969 said:

                          Mud it sounds like you just resolved your dilemma over Jackson vs. Humphrey. 😁

                          Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                          Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... 😉

                          And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

                          tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @mudfly said:

                          Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                          Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... 😉

                          And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

                          Why not post actual cutups that aren't just highlights? Might find something you don't like....?

                          MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • tiamat63T tiamat63

                            @mudfly said:

                            Yes I did....after that exercise, I now want him at 12.....HA!

                            Here ya go Fluges.....at least watch a few highlights before you kick him to the curb... 😉

                            And please note how he out jumps those taller WR's....over and over again....for the ints and knock downs....

                            Why not post actual cutups that aren't just highlights? Might find something you don't like....?

                            Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                            #33

                            @tiamat63 said:

                            Why not post actual cutups that aren't just highlights? Might find something you don't like....?

                            Simple...Fluges hasnt watch a single game, so I wouldn't expect him to sit here and watch individual game tapes of the guy.....if he didnt watch one, why would he watch 40?.....I simply offered this up as a sampling of what he can do and his versatility as an offensive weapon, CB and return man...and it only takes 5 minutes instead of 40 hours....

                            All players have warts....Adore is no different....but if you follow the conversation, thats not the point.....

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 11k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                              #34

                              Mud, I've watched 7 full games of Adoree & the dude was played everywhere..Made for a slot corner. His Pro day he handled the height of Ju Ju Schuster up top also. AJ is a 2" smaller Trae Waynes could be. AJ has longer arms & 1 full inch longer hands than Waynes. Only thing Waynes out measured Adoree in is his 2" height difference in Broad. Trae Waynes played at Michigan St in 15..closest comparison with same competition level i could fine..Trae went 11th (I swear I have that same Deforest Buckner lost at 7 last season. As I do seeing the Saints nabbing Adoree at 32 🥷) Brandon Cooks who?

                              Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MudflyM Mudfly

                                Ok.....hopefully Ill get you to Adore Adore' more'...if you follow my points....

                                First: You've admitted you've only seen one game he played in and he left that game with an injury....so you are discounting him without even seeing what he can do or how he plays.....??

                                second: You claim he will be susceptible to injury, due to his size(2" and 10 lbs) and the fact that he got hurt that one time....even though he played 3 fuil college seasons w/o missing a single start....and the only injury he had was a twisted ankle(which certainly was not caused by his size)...

                                Comments below confirm this...correct?

                                @flugel said:

                                My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

                                I'm starting to look more for taller corners with longer arms due to this trend and what I've seen from a Richard Sherman. The nice thing is they seem more plentiful in the mid to late rounds because they don't always have the elite fitness test results of the shorter/lighter guys.

                                And, in the above comment, you then say there are some good ones in the mid to late rounds that you would prefer.....so I asked who and you gave me(basically) the top 10 CB prospects.....and no one? from the mid to late rounds.....(which is what you said)

                                Below I see a bunch of top picks, many(most) whom will be gone when we are picking CB....So, lets address a few things about some of these guys below, who are an inch or 2 taller....and a few pounds more....but who's other measureables are much worse(and these are being ignored, just for the sake of a few inches??)....

                                Guys like King, Jones and White are taller....but leaner....meaning(to me) they have less bulk and are more likely to break. Thicker guys can withstand more than skinny guys....and Id say Adore is as thick and tough as most of em....

                                Speed and athleticism are critical, and outside of Lattimore, none of these guys are better athletes or faster than Adore....and, as a CB, Id think speed and athletic ability rank higher than an extra inch in height...

                                And, speaking of athletic ability....Adore has a 37" vertical.....compare that to Tankersley at 29" or Tabor at 31" and see that Adore is the one most likely to challenge a tall WR, because he's the one who can actually keep up with AND jump with the biggest and best....

                                NOW......the extra goodies.....Adore is also a great kickoff and punt returner......and can play WR.....and RB.....WHY?.....because he;s a REAL football player through and through....boths side of the ball....and special teams too....this is the type of guy ALL teams need....and Id think you, of all people, would appreciate a guy like this who gives his all...always...

                                @flugel said:

                                You present some good challenges here Mud. I'll give it a whirl...

                                Here's some bigger Corners over 6':

                                Kevin King 6'2 5/8" 195 lbs Wash

                                Marlon Humphrey 6'1" 200 lbs Bama

                                Quincy Wilson 6'1" 212 lbs UF

                                Rasul Douglas 6'2" 204 lbs WVA

                                Greg Mabin 6'1 3/4" 200 lbs Iowa

                                Here's some at 6':

                                Marshon Lattimore 6' 195 lbs OSU

                                Teez Tabor 6' 200 lbs UF

                                Gareon Conley 6" 192 lbs OSU

                                Sidney Jones 6' 180 lbs (injured) Wash

                                Cordea Tankersly 6' 200 lbs Clemson

                                Chidobe Awuzie 6' 205 lbs Colorado

                                Marquez White 6' 184 lbs FSU

                                Adoree is listed at 5'10" 183 lbs and like I said - he got injured twisted his ankle in the Rose Bowl.

                                As for Joe Haden - Athlon Sports 2016 Pro Football preview listed him at 5'11" 195 lbs and K'Wuan Williams was listed at 5'9" 183 lbs (and it felt like he couldn't finish quite a few games he started/held down the 3rd corner spot due to injuries/dings/concussions). Many of our DBs the last 2-3 years have had trouble staying healthy while concussion volumes back there seemed to spike in 2015.

                                Quick notes on this.....1) concussions are not a result of being a couple inches shorter. .....2)none of our small DB were hurt due to their size......3) You seem to LOVE our new guy Boddy Calhoun who is only 5-9".....and Taylor who is 5-11"////

                                So....in the end....you have completely discounted a multi talented - old school - always healthy - 3 way player without even watching him play, simply because he's an inch or 2 shorter than you prefer(even though you love our guys who are the same size)...... and you have declared you'd rather pick a lower ranked (taller) player who is apparently available later in the draft(though you cant/havent' named him).....all w/o seeing a single game of his stellar 3 year college career....

                                And I hope Ive established that his speed and leaping ability allow him to do everything(and more) than most of those guys on the list.....and the injury thing is just worry on your part...there is no precedent for it with smaller DB's or Adore....none...

                                I guess we each have a way to rank players, but I prefer the ole "watch him before I judge" rule..... 😉

                                Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                                #35

                                @mudfly said:

                                Ok.....hopefully Ill get you to Adore Adore' more'...if you follow my points....

                                First: You've admitted you've only seen one game he played in and he left that game with an injury....so you are discounting him without even seeing what he can do or how he plays.....??

                                second: You claim he will be susceptible to injury, due to his size(2" and 10 lbs) and the fact that he got hurt that one time....even though he played 3 fuil college seasons w/o missing a single start....and the only injury he had was a twisted ankle(which certainly was not caused by his size)...

                                Comments below confirm this...correct?

                                I watched USC more in 2014 and 2015 than I did in 2016 (and he never jumped off the screen at me then)so here's a re-cut and paste of what I did say:

                                My worry about Jackson is how well can a 183 lb guy handle countless collisions in space in a bigger, faster, stronger world than college football. I only watched 1 of his games last year and he left the Rose Bowl early to injury so that was my first impression outside of highlights that emphasize all his positives. I love his agility/hips/change of direction and speed that lead to the ideal coverage skills.

                                Your concern about my comment before forming an opinion can go a lot wider spread than me when it comes to prospects. How many people watched very many complete games of Zah Jones or perhaps Ali Marpet (Hobart D-III) or even Carson Wentz - before adding them to their mock drafts/pecking order? We look to the highlights, rankings, workouts, height and weight - but do we ever have enough to be 100% sure? For that matter, how many of Jabril Peppers' biggest critics watched him more than once a year vrs Ohio State?

                                What I do know is when we didn't have a good front 7 in the last 2-3 years - our DBs were taking on some 210-240 lb RBs with a head of steam. We had a very high concussion volume in our secondary in 2015. If you're fine with a little 183 lb corner taking that on every week - ok. I just voiced my concern that I can't see it holding up at the NFL level. I finished that post with: I could be doing a Dave Kingmanesque swing from my ass and miss here - and it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

                                I don't rank corners and never have.I always prioritize Safeties even back when Eric Berry and Joe Haden were coming out. I was hoping more for Berry than Haden at the time but so was KC. That said, but I like Haden a lot. IMO, if we're going to improve our secondary - the priority should start in the middle at Safety like Pitt did with Pollyneedsahaircut, Baltimore did with Ed Reed, and BB once did here with Eric Turner. There will be plenty of good corners available beside Jackson in what looks to be a deep draft at DB.

                                I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                  @wargograw said:

                                  Tour, where are Tre'Davious White and Marlon Humphrey? Two first rounders I never seem to hear about on this board.

                                  TBH.... I don't spend a s much time on CBs. The cutdowns simply don't give enough of a look at them. If I had all-22's, I'd spend more time.

                                  Then there's the "will-they-be-there" factor... or do I care if they are? I feel in the gap between 1.12 and 2.01 many of the better CBs will get snapped up. And since I am a front2back-insideout kinda guy, I like Safeties in the 2nd... especially at the time I did "my board". Add that there is depth in this CB and I care a little less about the top of the class once I see value into Day 3.

                                  Since then I've cooled a little more on our SS need and upped our FS need. So today I might focus more on CBs to the extent that I can.

                                  @londonbrown said:

                                  Thought this was interesting regards grading big boards years later

                                  http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/hasan-who-crafted-the-best-big-board-in-2014/

                                  Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

                                  LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 918 Reputation
                                  L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @tour2ma said:

                                  Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

                                  That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                  http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                  T Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • L LondonBrown

                                    @tour2ma said:

                                    Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

                                    That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                    http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #37

                                    @londonbrown said:

                                    That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                    http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                    I'd love to get #33 (Zack Cunningham) right there on that list, but I bet he is already gone by then.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • L LondonBrown

                                      @tour2ma said:

                                      Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

                                      That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                      http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                      Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                      • 30k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                                      #38

                                      @londonbrown said:

                                      That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                      http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                      No surprise, but the lowest variance belongs to MG... and not by a little.

                                      1 Myles Garrett Texas A&M ER 63.9

                                      Wish they posted the raw positional averages as well.

                                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • L LondonBrown

                                        @tour2ma said:

                                        Was interesting... can't wait until 2020 to see how my board does. Which, if so inclined, I could actually test using his methodology... and a PFF subscription.

                                        That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                        http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                        Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 30k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                                        #39

                                        @londonbrown said:

                                        That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                        http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                        Where are the QBs, you ask?

                                        22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

                                        26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

                                        30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

                                        39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

                                        103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

                                        111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

                                        112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

                                        180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

                                        207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

                                        239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

                                        297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

                                        So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... 😮

                                        Wait for it... 🥷

                                        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                        T 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                          @londonbrown said:

                                          That article was the lead up to this one from this morning, the consensus big board

                                          http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

                                          Where are the QBs, you ask?

                                          22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

                                          26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

                                          30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

                                          39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

                                          103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

                                          111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

                                          112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

                                          180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

                                          207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

                                          239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

                                          297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

                                          So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... 😮

                                          Wait for it... 🥷

                                          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 23k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @tour2ma said:

                                          Where are the QBs, you ask?

                                          22 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB 120.5

                                          26 Mitchell Trubisky North Carolina QB 107

                                          30 Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 134.6

                                          39 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB 123.2

                                          103 Davis Webb California QB 108.3

                                          111 Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh QB 96.6

                                          112 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB 96.8

                                          180 Joshua Dobbs Tennessee QB 83

                                          207 Jerod Evans Virginia Tech QB 91.5

                                          239 Chad Kelly Mississippi QB 85.8

                                          297 Seth Russell Baylor QB 87

                                          So much for the "everyone-says-Trubs-is-the-top-QB-in-the-class" argument... 😮

                                          Wait for it... 🥷

                                          Expecting a Gipper bomb are we? 🥷😁

                                          Tour2maT The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate