Skip to content

NFL 2017 Schedule Release

The Browns Board
111 21 2.8k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

  • Schedule out tonight so we will be making plans for our annual trip to Cleveland. I'm hoping for a September game so I can go to an OSU game as well that weekend.

    Are you planning on a reciprocal London trip?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you planning on a reciprocal London trip?

    Me? No...a bit too far for me and the timing doesn't really work that well. I know some of the other guys are planning on the trip.

  • REGULAR SEASON
    Week 1: Sept. 10 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 2: Sept. 17 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 3: Sept. 24 - at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 4: Oct. 1 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 5: Oct. 8 - New York Jets - 1 p.m./FOX
    Week 6: Oct. 15 - at Houston Texans - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 7: Oct. 22 - Tennessee Titans - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network
    Week 9: Nov. 5 - BYE
    Week 10: Nov. 12 - at Detroit Lions - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 11: Nov. 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 12: Nov. 26 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 13: Dec. 3 - at Los Angeles Chargers - 4:05 p.m./CBS
    Week 14: Dec. 10 - Green Bay Packers - 1 p.m./FOX
    Week 15: Dec. 17 - Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 16: Dec. 24 - at Chicago Bears - 1 p.m./CBS
    Week 17: Dec. 31 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @londonbrown said:

    REGULAR SEASON

    Week 1: Sept. 10 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 2: Sept. 17 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 3: Sept. 24 - at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 4: Oct. 1 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 5: Oct. 8 - New York Jets - 1 p.m./FOX

    Week 6: Oct. 15 - at Houston Texans - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 7: Oct. 22 - Tennessee Titans - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network

    Week 9: Nov. 5 - BYE

    Week 10: Nov. 12 - at Detroit Lions - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 11: Nov. 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 12: Nov. 26 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 13: Dec. 3 - at Los Angeles Chargers - 4:05 p.m./CBS

    Week 14: Dec. 10 - Green Bay Packers - 1 p.m./FOX

    Week 15: Dec. 17 - Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 16: Dec. 24 - at Chicago Bears - 1 p.m./CBS

    Week 17: Dec. 31 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

    I don't see us winning any less than 16 regular season games with that schedule.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Charger game is perfect for my birthday

  • Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #54

    @gumby73 said:

    may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

    LOL! Ah, but one of my favorite trips was on the metro in Barcelona sitting next to a beautiful dark haired beauty using my best Spanish while passing it off as very poor and underutilized. Had her laughing by the end of the ride and telling me how my Spanish was "muy bonito". I explained that it wasn't Spanish like her Castillian, it was "Venezolano". That's kind of like saying you don't speak the King's English, just Texanese or Bronxian. She laughed all the way off at her stop. 😆 :lol: As that other song goes, "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end" 😁

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Wow. Gonna be another long year. Stay strong Haslam, and fans especially.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Looking at the schedule again, think I can see us scrounging up 6-7 wins. Prepare yourselves. See you in 2018.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Nfl.com puts us on their toughest schedule listing. 3 QB's & 50 players to go yet 😆

  • Nfl.com puts us on their toughest schedule listing. 3 QB's & 50 players to go yet 😆

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #58

    @gumby73 said:

    Nfl.com puts us on their toughest schedule listing. 3 QB's & 50 players to go yet 😆

    I thought it was premature before the draft, but the guys at NFL Network only see a couple of wins for the Browns. Nate Burleson says the X-factor in the win equation will be Josh Gordon. Of courrse they also played the "what if" game with the Browns taking O.B.,Jr (went #12 to Giants) @#8 in 2014 instead of Justin Gilbert. They admitted they were playing "beat up the Browns" again.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #59

    I might end up going to the Texans game ...

    I should be at Browns vs Chargers.....

    As I said, I was thinking about one or both of these games. If a crew is to get together, I may be in for one. Let us know is anyone is formulating any plans.

  • I should be at Browns vs Chargers.....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @d-bone said:

    I should be at Browns vs Chargers.....

    I'm definitely going to this one

    Mark says there may be big issues getting tickets. Let us all know if there is a method.

  • The wife is an energetic Vikings fan so we're seriously considering the trip to London.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @suomi said:

    The wife is an energetic Vikings fan so we're seriously considering the trip to London.

    See my previous post about possible accommodations. PM me if you have some interest.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you planning on a reciprocal London trip?

    Me? No...a bit too far for me and the timing doesn't really work that well. I know some of the other guys are planning on the trip.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #62

    @mark-o said:

    Me? No...a bit too far for me and the timing doesn't really work that well. I know some of the other guys are planning on the trip.

    Yea, I need to talk to them. Like I said, I would love to, but it would not be politically correct for me to go sans spouse. Not that she would want to deprive me of going, just that she would be pissed about me going without her since she has to stay and work. (school employee) Houston/SoCal still far more viable.

  • Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    Well, you just do your two weeks in Spain, then spend 4-5 more days in London for the Browns game on the 29th.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

    may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @gumby73 said:

    may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

    I have never been to Spain....but I've been to Oklahoma.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #65

    @ghoolie said:

    Ah, see how Ghoolie wisdom eventually comes to you all. i have been saying that most here, are sheep. I also use words like jackoff, dickhead, urethra yodelers, but...you get it.

    Why is this even a thread? Who gives a flying fuck when the schedules are released? Oh my God, this is earth shattering......... LOOK LOOOK LOOK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS........................... The Browns are going to play against other teams. WOW this is important shit.

    Some of us have potential designs on attending a road game or two, and travel plans have to be made if that is to happen. That is why it is important, at least for me. I mean, don't you get that? We also have potential conflicts in our schedules, some need to secure vacation time from work (not me so much as I am self-employed, but others do) so we need to know those dates to plan around them.

    And, if a group of us is going and plan to meet up, then we have to coordinate with each other.

  • The wife is an energetic Vikings fan so we're seriously considering the trip to London.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #66

    @suomi said:

    The wife is an energetic Vikings fan so we're seriously considering the trip to London.

    @londonbrown said:

    Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network[/size]

    Checking airfares this AM... not what they were 15 years ago, but very doable. Even less if I want to make a day of travel... fly Turkish Airlines... and connect in Istanbul. What could go wrong? 😎

    Planning to attend the game @ Houston (Bro-in-law is season ticket holder) then following Mon or Tues looking at :

    • Roundtrip Houston to London, and
    • open jaws Houston-Paris/London-Houston.

    Puts the London game right at the end of the trip. A lot of logistics left to sort out, but working on it...

    What's the ticket situation for the game? Are there block sales? Do you have a Paypal account? 🙂

    PUB CRAWL... 2017!!!

    @bob806 said:

    I might end up going to the Texans game...

    See you there... where there TBD...

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Ah, but one of my favorite trips was on the metro in Barcelona sitting next to a beautiful dark haired beauty using my best Spanish while passing it off as very poor and underutilized. Had her laughing by the end of the ride and telling me how my Spanish was "muy bonito". I explained that it wasn't Spanish like her Castillian, it was "Venezolano". That's kind of like saying you don't speak the King's English, just Texanese or Bronxian. She laughed all the way off at her stop. 😆 :lol: As that other song goes, "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end" 😁

    Have yet to do Spain... Next London game? Side trip to Espania? I imagine we could even find a racketball court. You know CPR... don't you?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #67

    In case you are all wondering why I am all over this thread, it is because it may be the first time that I can combine my two main "hobbies" into a single venture. Travel, and Browns football. Now, as some of you may know, I am not really a big fan of the in stadium game experience. I may go to one game a year. I prefer watching the games on TV. But, if I can combine my wanderlust with a Browns game, I think it is worth the effort.

    So, FYI, I started a tradition 20 years ago of doing a fall (and a few at other times) "guys" trip. I often would book them over the Columbus Day Holiday as at one time my part time government job allowed me off on the Monday Columbus Day Holiday. And so began:

    The Gipper's Columbus Day "Discover America" Trips.

    Here is a list of all such "Discover America" trips that I have taken:

    1997: New Mexico, Santa Fe, Taos, Angel Fire

    1998: The Dakotas, Badlands, Black Hills, Theo. Roosevelt NP

    1999: Nevada, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Yosemite

    2000: Canadian Rockies: Calgary, Banff, Glacier NP

    2001: Arizona: Tuscon, Yuma, Tombstone

    2002: Colorado: Breckenridge, Aspen, Black Canyon, Rocky Mountain NP

    2003: California: Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Joshua Tree

    2004: Florida Panhandle, Panama City, Mobile, Montgomery

    2005: Utah southern: Bryce Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef, Great Basin, North Rim of Grand Canyon

    2007. Spring break: Arkansas, Hot Springs, Little Rock, Shreveport

    2008: Washington state: Vancouver, Victoria, Olympic, North Cascades, Mt. Rainier

    2009: The Cayman Islands

    2010: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

    2011: Arizona: Scottsdale, Sedona, Prescott, Apache Trail

    2012: Hawaii, The Big Island, Molokai

    2013: Pennsylvania/New Jersey: Delaware Water Gap, Poconos/Catskills

    2014A: Georgia northern, Atlanta, SW North Carolina, NW South Carolina

    2014B: Montana, Yellowstone, Butte, Missoula, Anaconda, Billings

    2015A: Utah, Park City, Salt Lake City, Flaming Gorge, Ogden

    2015B: Texas, San Antonio, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, Amarillo, Abilene

    2016A: Spring: Alabama, Florida Tallahassee, Georgia

    2016B: Idaho, Boise, Craters of the Moon, Twin Falls, Eastern Oregon

    And I still have a "Bucket List" of about 15 additional itineraries that I have in mind for these trips, among them Southern Cal, and Louisiana Bayou country, which is fairly adjacent to Houston (New Orleans/Lafayette/Lake Charles). Either of these could be combined with a Browns away game tailgate if a group is to get together.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #68