Foster failed drug test
-
Hell if he falls to 33 ....BOOM ...do it
-
It's better than spending a 2 on Massoquai or Robiskie. It isn't that it's an ideal situation, it's that given the Browns draft record, Gordon was still far more successful than a lot of guys who had longer,shittier careers.
Haha. Kinda like the 'she didn't let me cum, but at least she let me in' argument.
Right now drafting Foster sounds like when I tell you Jessica Alba is going to give you a hand job with sandpaper gloves.
Haha. Kinda like the 'she didn't let me cum, but at least she let me in' argument.
Right now drafting Foster sounds like when I tell you Jessica Alba is going to give you a hand job with sandpaper gloves.
It could still be worth it to let Jessica Alba give me a hand job with sandpaper.

-
Haha. Kinda like the 'she didn't let me cum, but at least she let me in' argument.
Right now drafting Foster sounds like when I tell you Jessica Alba is going to give you a hand job with sandpaper gloves.
It could still be worth it to let Jessica Alba give me a hand job with sandpaper.

It could still be worth it to let Jessica Alba give me a hand job with sandpaper.

I guess it depends on the grit.
-
It could still be worth it to let Jessica Alba give me a hand job with sandpaper.

I guess it depends on the grit.
I guess it depends on the grit.
A little sand on the lips wouldn't be a big problem.

-
Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?
Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?
OK, I worked in a hospital lab for many years. "Dilute" is measured by a thing called specific gravity. It's weight\volume, and pure water is the standard = 1.000 . Ha, to digress- lead is around 11.0, meaning a given volume of lead is 11X heavier than the same volume of water. "Normal" specific gravity of urine is around 1.010 to 1.030, though it can go higher (dehydrated) or lower (diabetics). I don't know what the NFL cutoff is, but I would flag anything lower than 1.003 as "suspicious". 1.000 definitely- someone is peeing pure water.

-
Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?
OK, I worked in a hospital lab for many years. "Dilute" is measured by a thing called specific gravity. It's weight\volume, and pure water is the standard = 1.000 . Ha, to digress- lead is around 11.0, meaning a given volume of lead is 11X heavier than the same volume of water. "Normal" specific gravity of urine is around 1.010 to 1.030, though it can go higher (dehydrated) or lower (diabetics). I don't know what the NFL cutoff is, but I would flag anything lower than 1.003 as "suspicious". 1.000 definitely- someone is peeing pure water.

OK, I worked in a hospital lab for many years. "Dilute" is measured by a thing called specific gravity. It's weight\volume, and pure water is the standard = 1.000 . Ha, to digress- lead is around 11.0, meaning a given volume of lead is 11X heavier than the same volume of water. "Normal" specific gravity of urine is around 1.010 to 1.030, though it can go higher (dehydrated) or lower (diabetics). I don't know what the NFL cutoff is, but I would flag anything lower than 1.003 as "suspicious". 1.000 definitely- someone is peeing pure water.

story reads it was a diluted failure test caused by a food poisoning drug Foster took..Is that possible? cranberry tablets/ or juicing cranberry diluted a friends tests she failed..Is this a better possibility? Hate to see the Doc's office that cost him a few Million..
-
Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?
Can someone explain what a diluted sample means?
It means you would've failed the test.
This guy is off our board.
-
could be taking diuretics to flush contaminants out....
right before the draft... I don't believe that happens by accident.
-
OK, I worked in a hospital lab for many years. "Dilute" is measured by a thing called specific gravity. It's weight\volume, and pure water is the standard = 1.000 . Ha, to digress- lead is around 11.0, meaning a given volume of lead is 11X heavier than the same volume of water. "Normal" specific gravity of urine is around 1.010 to 1.030, though it can go higher (dehydrated) or lower (diabetics). I don't know what the NFL cutoff is, but I would flag anything lower than 1.003 as "suspicious". 1.000 definitely- someone is peeing pure water.

story reads it was a diluted failure test caused by a food poisoning drug Foster took..Is that possible? cranberry tablets/ or juicing cranberry diluted a friends tests she failed..Is this a better possibility? Hate to see the Doc's office that cost him a few Million..
story reads it was a diluted failure test caused by a food poisoning drug Foster took..Is that possible? cranberry tablets/ or juicing cranberry diluted a friends tests she failed..Is this a better possibility? Hate to see the Doc's office that cost him a few Million..
Regarding cranberry- nothing in that stuff I'm aware of that could cause a failure. If the drug he was taking was a diuretic (makes you pee a lot) and you're drinking a lot of water- possible. But if that was Foster's problem- easy enough to show the powers that be your prescription bottle- and that would solve the problem. Smells a little of Haden getting busted for adderal, and Josh getting reamed for purple drank. (Which is phenergan + codeine) I can tell you from personal experience in it's legit use, it's the best cough medicine out there. But, get your hands on some, swill an entire bottle of it, wash it down with 4-5 doubles of whiskey- you're going to get a hell of a buzz off it.
-
There are a lot of reasons one would have a diluted test....and, for sure, weed smokers are plentiful in this league......JG seems to be the only one who ever lost years based upon petty drug test fails....cough syrup.....microscopic traces of weed.....a drink with his buddies......his suspensions are unprecedented, actually.....
So....dont know why Foster had a diluted test(probably weed).....but it doesnt concern me too much......EXCEPT the fact that now he will be a one strike in the league drug protocol.....which makes him one step closer to a suspension than everybody else......
Basically starting in the hole(ala Gordon).....
But, Id still strongly consider picking him at 12.....even though he's a prick, plays a position of less need and might smoke dope.....just think he's that good.....
-
story reads it was a diluted failure test caused by a food poisoning drug Foster took..Is that possible? cranberry tablets/ or juicing cranberry diluted a friends tests she failed..Is this a better possibility? Hate to see the Doc's office that cost him a few Million..
Regarding cranberry- nothing in that stuff I'm aware of that could cause a failure. If the drug he was taking was a diuretic (makes you pee a lot) and you're drinking a lot of water- possible. But if that was Foster's problem- easy enough to show the powers that be your prescription bottle- and that would solve the problem. Smells a little of Haden getting busted for adderal, and Josh getting reamed for purple drank. (Which is phenergan + codeine) I can tell you from personal experience in it's legit use, it's the best cough medicine out there. But, get your hands on some, swill an entire bottle of it, wash it down with 4-5 doubles of whiskey- you're going to get a hell of a buzz off it.
Regarding cranberry- nothing in that stuff I'm aware of that could cause a failure. If the drug he was taking was a diuretic (makes you pee a lot) and you're drinking a lot of water- possible. But if that was Foster's problem- easy enough to show the powers that be your prescription bottle- and that would solve the problem. Smells a little of Haden getting busted for adderal, and Josh getting reamed for purple drank. (Which is phenergan + codeine) I can tell you from personal experience in it's legit use, it's the best cough medicine out there. But, get your hands on some, swill an entire bottle of it, wash it down with 4-5 doubles of whiskey- you're going to get a hell of a buzz off it.
All great points Larry. That said, Gordon said he took that purple drink (cough medicine) for Strept Throat. He's such a good liar that this went over a lot of heads.
When Gordon first came to Cleveland, I wanted the guy to succeed and show people why people deserve another chance. Then I read despite his elite talent/performance in high school - he turned off all major DI programs except for Baylor. Then he got kicked off Baylor's team twice (college football's version of getting kicked out of Sodom or Gomorrah) before transferring to Utah and never playing there.
Here he is today in 2017 with 5 NFL games (0 TD receptions) to his name since 2013 because he can't pass piss tests for 1 full calendar year. He's got a God given talent that would pay him double digit millions if he prioritized football enough to make the sacrifice. Football always came so easy to Gordon that he seemed bored with the lack of challenge.
-
lets risk a top 20 pick in a deep draft on a one year hit with one strike on the drug policy and character concerns and a predisposition towards thug mentality...
Brilliant...
I'd rather have Joe Mixon in the 2nd than Foster at 12 -
lets risk a top 20 pick in a deep draft on a one year hit with one strike on the drug policy and character concerns and a predisposition towards thug mentality...
Brilliant...
I'd rather have Joe Mixon in the 2nd than Foster at 12lets risk a top 20 pick in a deep draft on a one year hit with one strike on the drug policy and character concerns and a predisposition towards thug mentality...
Brilliant...
I'd rather have Joe Mixon in the 2nd than Foster at 12
Can't get kicked out of the combine if you aren't invited in the first place!
-
There are a lot of reasons one would have a diluted test....and, for sure, weed smokers are plentiful in this league......JG seems to be the only one who ever lost years based upon petty drug test fails....cough syrup.....microscopic traces of weed.....a drink with his buddies......his suspensions are unprecedented, actually.....
So....dont know why Foster had a diluted test(probably weed).....but it doesnt concern me too much......EXCEPT the fact that now he will be a one strike in the league drug protocol.....which makes him one step closer to a suspension than everybody else......
Basically starting in the hole(ala Gordon).....
But, Id still strongly consider picking him at 12.....even though he's a prick, plays a position of less need and might smoke dope.....just think he's that good.....
There are a lot of reasons one would have a diluted test....and, for sure, weed smokers are plentiful in this league......JG seems to be the only one who ever lost years based upon petty drug test fails....cough syrup.....microscopic traces of weed.....a drink with his buddies......his suspensions are unprecedented, actually.....
So....dont know why Foster had a diluted test(probably weed).....but it doesnt concern me too much......EXCEPT the fact that now he will be a one strike in the league drug protocol.....which makes him one step closer to a suspension than everybody else......
Basically starting in the hole(ala Gordon).....
But, Id still strongly consider picking him at 12.....even though he's a prick, plays a position of less need and might smoke dope.....just think he's that good.....
Man, every time I tried to watch highlights of Jonathan Allen and other Bama defenders - Foster kept jumping off the screen as the most impressive guy. He's very tempting but the red flags couldn't be coming at the worst time. He got kicked out of the Combines and now this. So what happens with a guy like this? A team that CAN afford to take the risk with their overall talent load probably will and get rewarded for doing so. If we do it? He'll probably get suspended while we get treated to another episode of hearing about all the guys we could have drafted at #12 instead. Mudsies, I gotta go with this: If he's too high for 12 then 12 is too high for him.
We drafted a LBer kind of like that once upon a time named Chip Banks out of USC. He was a 3rd overall pick in 1982 and made the Pro Bowl for us in 82, 83, 85 and 86. While that doesn't suck at all but his performance had an abrupt drop off. I didn't know of any pot use during his college days; but I think he got suspended or in trouble for it in 86 when his career/performance started to spiral downward. He left Cleveland to play in SD in 87, was unemployed in 88 and went to the Indy Colts from 89-93 as a fraction of the guy he used to be. In comparison, we drafted another less hyped USC LBer Clay Matthews in 1978 who stayed with us at a reliable performance level until 1993.
-
There are a lot of reasons one would have a diluted test....and, for sure, weed smokers are plentiful in this league......JG seems to be the only one who ever lost years based upon petty drug test fails....cough syrup.....microscopic traces of weed.....a drink with his buddies......his suspensions are unprecedented, actually.....
So....dont know why Foster had a diluted test(probably weed).....but it doesnt concern me too much......EXCEPT the fact that now he will be a one strike in the league drug protocol.....which makes him one step closer to a suspension than everybody else......
Basically starting in the hole(ala Gordon).....
But, Id still strongly consider picking him at 12.....even though he's a prick, plays a position of less need and might smoke dope.....just think he's that good.....
Man, every time I tried to watch highlights of Jonathan Allen and other Bama defenders - Foster kept jumping off the screen as the most impressive guy. He's very tempting but the red flags couldn't be coming at the worst time. He got kicked out of the Combines and now this. So what happens with a guy like this? A team that CAN afford to take the risk with their overall talent load probably will and get rewarded for doing so. If we do it? He'll probably get suspended while we get treated to another episode of hearing about all the guys we could have drafted at #12 instead. Mudsies, I gotta go with this: If he's too high for 12 then 12 is too high for him.
We drafted a LBer kind of like that once upon a time named Chip Banks out of USC. He was a 3rd overall pick in 1982 and made the Pro Bowl for us in 82, 83, 85 and 86. While that doesn't suck at all but his performance had an abrupt drop off. I didn't know of any pot use during his college days; but I think he got suspended or in trouble for it in 86 when his career/performance started to spiral downward. He left Cleveland to play in SD in 87, was unemployed in 88 and went to the Indy Colts from 89-93 as a fraction of the guy he used to be. In comparison, we drafted another less hyped USC LBer Clay Matthews in 1978 who stayed with us at a reliable performance level until 1993.
Man, every time I tried to watch highlights of Jonathan Allen and other Bama defenders - Foster kept jumping off the screen as the most impressive guy. He's very tempting but the red flags couldn't be coming at the worst time. He got kicked out of the Combines and now this. So what happens with a guy like this? A team that CAN afford to take the risk with their overall talent load probably will and get rewarded for doing so.
Currency....the word I keep hearing......and we have more than anybody, right?.....how can we NOT afford it?
-
Man, every time I tried to watch highlights of Jonathan Allen and other Bama defenders - Foster kept jumping off the screen as the most impressive guy. He's very tempting but the red flags couldn't be coming at the worst time. He got kicked out of the Combines and now this. So what happens with a guy like this? A team that CAN afford to take the risk with their overall talent load probably will and get rewarded for doing so.
Currency....the word I keep hearing......and we have more than anybody, right?.....how can we NOT afford it?
Currency....the word I keep hearing......and we have more than anybody, right?.....how can we NOT afford it?
Like I already typed in the part you carefully chose not to cut and paste: If we do it (draft Foster at #12)? He'll probably get suspended while we get treated to another episode of hearing about all the guys we could have drafted at #12 instead. Mudsies, I gotta go with this: If he's too high for #12 then #12 is too high for him.
-
except, I dont know if he's high or not......a diluted sample does not necessarily mean he's on drugs....
As a friendly counter to your comment.....he'll probably get drafted low and turn into a hall of famer, while we get treated to another episode of hearing about the superstar we passed on.....
-
This is great news....means we can have him at 12.....along with Garrett....
All day....everyday.....(almost).....
As I've said before, I see two alpha males in this draft: Adams and Foster. The first is out of reach for me; the 2nd may have just gotten cheaper.
I see a lot of "uninformed" (I'm trying to be kind) takes in this thread, but since most are locking down previous leanings, if not convictions, I kinda understand some of them.
For me this fail simply raised a question mark. One that I may be able to resolve Tuesday... see my uprooted post below...Depends on whether you believe his "dehydration" explanation. The fact that he jumped in front of this story, that he made it public and contacted every team personally to make his case speaks volumes to me. Bit as Louis Reddick (IIRC) said on both NFL insiders and Live yesterday, at this point teams are looking at this "fail" as "confirmation bias"... same as they do any new information on any prospect at this point in the draft prep process. In other words if they were leaning "no", then they are now likely a firm no. But if they were still a firm "yes" after the Combine dust up, then they are likelier to remain a yes pending the results of renewed due diligence.
One positive for Foster is that several FOs have told Riddick that he has never tested positive for anything at any level. Another is that in general teams have satisfied themselves that the Combine incident had an antagonist on the hospital staff as well. Plus if you add in a physical illness factor on Foster's side of the ledger, it makes his over reaction more understandable. But key here is that any "food poisoning" should have been part of the initial narrative Foster supplied. If it was not, then teams have a legitimate reason to doubt him.
While I am still pro-Foster at 12, obviously the one thing I can't do is meet with him face-to-face and take a personal measure of his "story". But I will have a opportunity to do the next best thing... see him tell it.
Foster is scheduled to be on NFL Insiders and NFL Live this Tuesday.So I'll get back to y'all late, Tuesday afternoon...
This is great news....means we can have him at 12.....along with Garrett....
... or lower... if enough teams are offput, then a trade down of 12 to a spot that still lands Foster could be sweet. But if I am convinced enough of the truth of his explanation to do that, I'm likely not the only one that';s been convinced.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login