Skip to content

owner front office different opinion then coaches?

The Browns Board
42 16 860
  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #19

    But he isn't a shiny new QB, so there's that.

  • @orion said:

    As has been said, How much did Bosa 'change' the Chargers.....

    I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Haslam has let the Harvard Committee know that he wants a shiney new QB for his truck stops...I mean football team.

    ........I wonder what the homeless guy thinks we should do.

    Bosa had 10.5 sacks and won NFL DROTY while missing four games at the second most important position in the game. I'll take it.
    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @comeonman said:

    Bosa had 10.5 sacks and won NFL DROTY while missing four games at the second most important position in the game. I'll take it.

    And they couldn't beat the Browns.
  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ghoolie said:

    ONly for an idiot Browns fan. Who wants to keep losing. Garrett is ordinary. He can be duplicated in the 2,3 and 4th rounds. Not a difference maker, doesn't touch the ball, and is easily nullified with play selection and double teams. Bosa is better than Garrett by far (smarter and more physical) but he didn't make squat difference in SD.

    Trubisky is the #1 pick of this draft. Not even close.

    Paxton Lynch.

  • @comeonman said:

    Bosa had 10.5 sacks and won NFL DROTY while missing four games at the second most important position in the game. I'll take it.

    And they couldn't beat the Browns.
    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @canton-dawg said:

    And they couldn't beat the Browns.

    True. Still an outstanding player. Cant see how someone would say he can't/won't be a difference maker. He's only one player, just like everyone else. Did Wentz really change the Eagles by himself?
  • @orion said:

    As has been said, How much did Bosa 'change' the Chargers.....

    I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Haslam has let the Harvard Committee know that he wants a shiney new QB for his truck stops...I mean football team.

    ........I wonder what the homeless guy thinks we should do.

    Bosa had 10.5 sacks and won NFL DROTY while missing four games at the second most important position in the game. I'll take it.
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @comeonman said:

    Bosa had 10.5 sacks and won NFL DROTY while missing four games at the second most important position in the game. I'll take it.

    ...and yet, WE beat Bosa's team.....with an OL of Joe Thomas and some refugees.

    I'm not saying that we shouldn't take Garrett.....but don't be counting on him to win us football games. He can't throw any TD's. He's one of the eleven guys that are supposed to tackle people.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    And they couldn't beat the Browns.

    True. Still an outstanding player. Cant see how someone would say he can't/won't be a difference maker. He's only one player, just like everyone else. Did Wentz really change the Eagles by himself?
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #24

    @comeonman said:

    He's only one player, just like everyone else. Did Wentz really change the Eagles by himself?

    Nope..But I'd take Wentz over this QB draft class. Image all the free time we'd have 😎 4 WR's minus 1 still equals us landing Kessler too

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Well.... ok. If we take him, I won't count on him winning us any games by himself. I would count on him making an abysmal defense better.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I have ONE question.....

    WHY do some of you accept this bullshit gossip & speculation as FACT when this FO has a track record of not leaking anything?

    I think some of you need to take a nap for a week & wake up to the truth which will be known by then.

    Mike

    Mike, ..nobody has accepted it in this thread.....every answer so far says so....

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mudfly said:

    Mike, ..nobody has accepted it in this thread.....every answer so far says so....

    Point taken & I stand corrected. Thanks John.

    Mike

  • Well.... ok. If we take him, I won't count on him winning us any games by himself. I would count on him making an abysmal defense better.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #27

    @comeonman said:

    Well.... ok. If we take him, I won't count on him winning us any games by himself. I would count on him making an abysmal defense better.

    The abysmal defense certainly does need help doesn't it.......and so does our abysmal offense.......we were abysmal.

    We were the Abominable Abysmal.

  • @comeonman said:

    Well.... ok. If we take him, I won't count on him winning us any games by himself. I would count on him making an abysmal defense better.

    The abysmal defense certainly does need help doesn't it.......and so does our abysmal offense.......we were abysmal.

    We were the Abominable Abysmal.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @orion said:

    The abysmal defense certainly does need help doesn't it.......and so does our abysmal offense.......we were abysmal.

    We were the Abominable Abysmal.

    The worst year in my career as a Browns fan. And that's saying something because there have been some really bad ones.
  • @alkid3 said:

    La canfora... don't believe it

    Every time MKC speaks this Jason La Canfora has to speak for her again.. Or sleep with her again 😮. Fire this Leaking spare tire named Mary would be a good start..She's a media mingling Ba FOON!! funny after 3 days we all the sudden add in a character in Haslem now wanting Trib & now the 1st split both want Garrett..what would make my day is MKC running card to Roger

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gumby73 said:

    Every time MKC speaks this Jason La Canfora has to speak for her again.. Or sleep with her again 😮. Fire this Leaking spare tire named Mary would be a good start..She's a media mingling Ba FOON!! funny after 3 days we all the sudden add in a character in Haslem now wanting Trib & now the 1st split both want Garrett..what would make my day is MKC running card to Roger

    Mary Kay all mad because Sashi said she has the Patriots on speed dial. I don't doubt it's true. I heard more Garropolo crap to the Browns on ESPN before the Celtics-Bulls game. They won't let that one die either. Unless Sashi is totally lying- that rumor should have been dead and buried after the presser.

    La-Can't-for-ya hates the Browns and his stuff is click fodder. You would hope after the Johnny Football fiasco Haslam has learned not to listen to street people, and let the Front Office do the picking.

  • @comeonman said:

    He's only one player, just like everyone else. Did Wentz really change the Eagles by himself?

    Nope..But I'd take Wentz over this QB draft class. Image all the free time we'd have 😎 4 WR's minus 1 still equals us landing Kessler too

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #30

    @gumby73 said:

    Nope..But I'd take Wentz over this QB draft class.

    Me too....

    So, when people speculate we will trade up to get our QB, it makes me wonder why we would pass on one when we have the pick(this year AND last year).....but then suddenly give 2 firsts(or the equivalent or more) for one thats not deemed to be so great....

    Doesnt make any sense....

  • @gumby73 said:

    Nope..But I'd take Wentz over this QB draft class.

    Me too....

    So, when people speculate we will trade up to get our QB, it makes me wonder why we would pass on one when we have the pick(this year AND last year).....but then suddenly give 2 firsts(or the equivalent or more) for one thats not deemed to be so great....

    Doesnt make any sense....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mudfly said:

    Me too....

    So, when people speculate we will trade up to get our QB, it makes me wonder why we would pass on one when we have the pick(this year AND last year).....but then suddenly give 2 firsts(or the equivalent or more) for one thats not deemed to be so great....

    Doesnt make any sense....

    And hopefully it doesn't make sense to the FO either.

  • @mudfly said:

    Me too....

    So, when people speculate we will trade up to get our QB, it makes me wonder why we would pass on one when we have the pick(this year AND last year).....but then suddenly give 2 firsts(or the equivalent or more) for one thats not deemed to be so great....

    Doesnt make any sense....

    And hopefully it doesn't make sense to the FO either.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #32

    @texasag1969 said:

    And hopefully it doesn't make sense to the FO either.

    Right.....that would be key.....

    Shashi did say they value picks too much to want to give 2 picks for one guy.......lets hope thats true.....

    And, lets also hope that they dont value 2 picks(so much) that they pass on the great players to get em......(ala 2016)

    Edit: speaking on higher picks only.....no issue with grouping some late picks to move up a bit.....I just have this thing that I feel we should tap "good" players instead of larger groups of bad players.....thats just me tho

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And hopefully it doesn't make sense to the FO either.

    Right.....that would be key.....

    Shashi did say they value picks too much to want to give 2 picks for one guy.......lets hope thats true.....

    And, lets also hope that they dont value 2 picks(so much) that they pass on the great players to get em......(ala 2016)

    Edit: speaking on higher picks only.....no issue with grouping some late picks to move up a bit.....I just have this thing that I feel we should tap "good" players instead of larger groups of bad players.....thats just me tho

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mudfly said:

    Edit: speaking on higher picks only.....no issue with grouping some late picks to move up a bit.....I just have this thing that I feel we should tap "good" players instead of larger groups of bad players.....thats just me tho

    Me 2.

  • @orion said:

    The abysmal defense certainly does need help doesn't it.......and so does our abysmal offense.......we were abysmal.

    We were the Abominable Abysmal.

    The worst year in my career as a Browns fan. And that's saying something because there have been some really bad ones.
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #34

    @comeonman said:

    The worst year in my career as a Browns fan.

    Wait... I could have made a career out of this? How good are the bennies?

    @mudfly said:

    Me too....

    So, when people speculate we will trade up to get our QB, it makes me wonder why we would pass on one when we have the pick(this year AND last year).....but then suddenly give 2 firsts(or the equivalent or more) for one thats not deemed to be so great....

    Doesnt make any sense....

    Sure it does... just as our FO is looking ahead to 2018 so were they in 2017. And in the over 30 minutes of tape they then had on Trubs, they saw greatness.

    #sarcasm

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And hopefully it doesn't make sense to the FO either.

    Right.....that would be key.....

    Shashi did say they value picks too much to want to give 2 picks for one guy.......lets hope thats true.....

    And, lets also hope that they dont value 2 picks(so much) that they pass on the great players to get em......(ala 2016)

    Edit: speaking on higher picks only.....no issue with grouping some late picks to move up a bit.....I just have this thing that I feel we should tap "good" players instead of larger groups of bad players.....thats just me tho

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mudfly said:

    no issue with grouping some late picks to move up a bit.....I just have this thing that I feel we should tap "good" players instead of larger groups of bad players.....thats just me tho

    I agree 100%.

    The picks of the later rounds are no different than the guys who don't get drafted.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Don't believe statistically that's true (in fact I am sure it's not) on an individual basis... but so many more UDFAs attend camps than Day 3 picks that in the aggregate it may appear to be true.

    The reason I am sure it's not true statistically is the Meers Chart.

  • as to the point how can garett make a difference well ask yourself how will a guy with only 13 college games make a difference?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @beare said:

    as to the point how can garett make a difference well ask yourself how will a guy with only 13 college games make a difference?

    Because franchise QBs make more of a difference than any other position on the field. Now see is you can come up with a harder question.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We all don't believe Canfora but one or two of us? Yes, that is true.

    He beat me by 30 seconds. I have only read Ghoolie and maybe you that want trubs number one
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @comeonman said:

    He beat me by 30 seconds. I have only read Ghoolie and maybe you that want trubs number one

    Hoorta. And I am not saying I want MT #1....but I do want him. If he goes to #12, great. (he won't slip that far). If the Browns trade up to #5 or 6, also good.

    I fully expect the Browns to take Garrett. The question, for me, is how can they also get MT.