Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?
-
oct 15th?
HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....
imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".
might as well shoot myself now.
october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?
I consider it summer. Summer in Texas runs from about April till early November.oct 15th?
HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....
imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".
might as well shoot myself now.
october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?
-
Tour already knows- but for the rest of the Board, I'm in for sure. May do the StubHub route for tickets- let me know the general area you're sitting in. The BB Hotel should be an easy walk to the Tailgate Lots. Two bottle wine carry limit.
Any "open container" restrictions outside the Lots? But looking at the rules and regulations- 68db sound limit? What the hey! That's Church level. I don't consider it loud until it hits 90db. My Man Cave can pump out 110db continuous, though I don't go there anymore- 30 seconds and your ears are ringing. Always had heard that's "live rock concert" level. When I built a system that could get to that level, found out I never needed to get there in the first place. That's not just loud- it's stupid loud.
First: what is the "BB Hotel"?
First: what is the "BB Hotel"?
That's the "official" Browns Backers hotel. If you had read that stuff Tour posted from the Space City Browns Backers- they reserved a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn, NRG area. 8 minute walk to the stadium, less to the tailgates. Don't know if there's any rooms left at the group rate, and if you want more than Saturday and Sunday night, you need to call. The on line group code only works for those days.
"Official Browns Backer" Hotel
Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center
8111 Kirby Dr.
Houston 77054
Preferred Browns Backer Rate - $109/night + tax
Group Code - AF7
-
just make sure you have your official ID or for 1/2 of you your green cards......


-
First: what is the "BB Hotel"?
That's the "official" Browns Backers hotel. If you had read that stuff Tour posted from the Space City Browns Backers- they reserved a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn, NRG area. 8 minute walk to the stadium, less to the tailgates. Don't know if there's any rooms left at the group rate, and if you want more than Saturday and Sunday night, you need to call. The on line group code only works for those days.
"Official Browns Backer" Hotel
Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center
8111 Kirby Dr.
Houston 77054
Preferred Browns Backer Rate - $109/night + tax
Group Code - AF7
-
-
oct 15th?
HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....
imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".
might as well shoot myself now.
october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?
oct 15th?
HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....
imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".
might as well shoot myself now.
october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?
take them all to Houston for their Bday, strategic gifts.
-
The SCDP has set the time and location for the Backer Bash.
Details
Date:
October 14
Time:
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
VenueBW3 Rice Village
2525 Rice Blvd
Houston, TX 77005 United States + Google Map -
Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...
-
Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...
Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...
Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.
-
I am looking at maybe reserving rooms in a nearby Hampton (F&F rates). Has anyone figured out where to get tickets yet that don't gouge you for stupid fees?
-
Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...
Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.
Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.
Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.
Are you planning on going to Houston?
-
Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.
Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.
Are you planning on going to Houston?
Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.
Are you planning on going to Houston?
I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.
Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs.
SWEET BBQ -
Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.
Are you planning on going to Houston?
I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.
Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs.
SWEET BBQI'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.
Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs.
SWEET BBQI am 90% sure. Spoke with my daughter just this afternoon about it....and she is actually looking forward to it. Plus, as noted...due to her employment with Hilton we can get CHEAP hotel rates at Hampton...nearby. And she is excited about seeing a game with her old man....though she may be rooting for those Dumb Ass Texans...now that she is one of them.

I am likely to drive down.....spending time in New Orleans and Lafayette La...and follow the Natchez Trace.
I love chicken....and eggs. Good protein.
-
booked my flights on Delta today, 298.60 out of CLE. Fares are up from 235 several weeks ago. My guess is they will continue to rise.
-
It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.
-
It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.
It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.
Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger
-
It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.
Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger
-
Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?
-
Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?
Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?
Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.
-
Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?
Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.
Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.
Thanks, though I am not absolutely ready to commit to going. It is my plan, and I am 90% there....just have to nail some stuff down. But thanks for the info.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login