Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?
-
Happy to act as "host".... look into block of rooms, seats, etc....
Maybe's and "like to's" more than welcome at this time.
To get things rolling I've...
- initiated a 10-20 group size inquiry for group sales direct from the Texans, and
- reached out to The Space City Browns Backers club... who I think I've viewed a couple game with during past trips to Houston. If it was them, they're a good, fun group.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
The only thing that area lacks is Houston tourist sites... at least it does since the Goodyear blimp hanger was torn down... about 30 years ago. "Space City" is a bit of a misnomer for the area they meet in as Johnson Space City is SE of Houston proper.
Happy to act as "host".... look into block of rooms, seats, etc....
Maybe's and "like to's" more than welcome at this time.
To get things rolling I've...
- initiated a 10-20 group size inquiry for group sales direct from the Texans, and
- reached out to The Space City Browns Backers club... who I think I've viewed a couple game with during past trips to Houston. If it was them, they're a good, fun group.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
The only thing that area lacks is Houston tourist sites... at least it does since the Goodyear blimp hanger was torn down... about 30 years ago. "Space City" is a bit of a misnomer for the area they meet in as Johnson Space City is SE of Houston proper.
I am going. Getting in on group sales would be great. Our group has been invited to tailgate with the Bulls On McNee tailgaters. We hosted 35 of them when the Texans came to Cle 2 years ago. Just a FYI the game is on the 15th. Our plan is to fly out to HOU on the 13th and back to CLE on the 16th.
-
Happy to act as "host".... look into block of rooms, seats, etc....
Maybe's and "like to's" more than welcome at this time.
To get things rolling I've...
- initiated a 10-20 group size inquiry for group sales direct from the Texans, and
- reached out to The Space City Browns Backers club... who I think I've viewed a couple game with during past trips to Houston. If it was them, they're a good, fun group.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
The only thing that area lacks is Houston tourist sites... at least it does since the Goodyear blimp hanger was torn down... about 30 years ago. "Space City" is a bit of a misnomer for the area they meet in as Johnson Space City is SE of Houston proper.
Happy to act as "host".... look into block of rooms, seats, etc....
Maybe's and "like to's" more than welcome at this time.
To get things rolling I've...
- initiated a 10-20 group size inquiry for group sales direct from the Texans, and
- reached out to The Space City Browns Backers club... who I think I've viewed a couple game with during past trips to Houston. If it was them, they're a good, fun group.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
The only thing that area lacks is Houston tourist sites... at least it does since the Goodyear blimp hanger was torn down... about 30 years ago. "Space City" is a bit of a misnomer for the area they meet in as Johnson Space City is SE of Houston proper.
As I said, there certainly is a chance for me. Waiting to see what others think, plus on what a possible travel companion may say. It could be between Houston and SoCal....but if there is more interest in Houston, I could be in. (hell....because of my desire to travel to both locations, if the $$$ were there, maybe both...but unlikely)
I would be joining this with, as I mentioned, a trip to New Orleans and Bayou country.
I appreciate you looking into the seats and rooms. I think the Houston nights needed for rooms would be the Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights? Fair to say?
As for tourist spots, a couple that may interest me are the Space Center, and seeing the Astrodome. (Is this right next door...or is that the baseball stadium?). I have been through a couple of times, been up the San Jacinto monument, plus went to the Anuhac Wildlife refuge, plus spent a couple of nights in Galveston, which I liked.
As far as the Goodyear Blimp.....hey...I live near Akron, Ohio...home of Goodyear. We see the blimps here all the time. Once we had three of them in the air here at the same time.
And note....on here previously I said that I had about a 1% chance of going to London because my wife would be angry about me going without her to England. I broached the subject last night....and angry was not the word she used......she used "livid". So, make that a -0-% chance of me going to London.
But, I may see you in Houston!!
-
Actually, ya, I'm thinking about heading to the game. Have a buddy from school that's a big Texans fan
-
Tour ... would love to, but probably not.
Looking at cleveland Oct. 1 for the Bungles and hoping still for London Oct. 29th for the Vikes ... we'll see how my entertainment budget holds up.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Tour ... would love to, but probably not.
Looking at cleveland Oct. 1 for the Bungles and hoping still for London Oct. 29th for the Vikes ... we'll see how my entertainment budget holds up.
Zombo
See above....-0- chance for me for London. Hopefully you can make it...and meet up with Howie and the gang. But I also hear that Howie cannot make it here this year due to his new business. Too bad. What about Mac/Gareth etc.
Nevertheless, Oct. 1st for the crew to come here? Sounds super.
(what were your thoughts about SoCal for the Chargers game?)
-
Date changed...
Good to know there are friendly options in place for pre-game.
Were you thinking about a single hotel/motel for a group? My daughter works for Hilton...and I am supposed to be able to get good Hilton rooms for dirt cheap. Not sure about that yet....as I still have to test it.
(She lives in SA...and I could see if she could join me in Houston at least for a day...why not. And she likes football, she may even want to go to the game. Since she lives there in Texass, she is debating about being a Texans or a Cowboys fan. I can't get her to be a Browns fan.....so I would have to give her shit about it)
-
Tour ... would love to, but probably not.
Looking at cleveland Oct. 1 for the Bungles and hoping still for London Oct. 29th for the Vikes ... we'll see how my entertainment budget holds up.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Tour ... would love to, but probably not.
Looking at cleveland Oct. 1 for the Bungles and hoping still for London Oct. 29th for the Vikes ... we'll see how my entertainment budget holds up.
Perfectly understandable, Z. Financially London is a serious commitment...
As I said, there certainly is a chance for me. Waiting to see what others think, plus on what a possible travel companion may say. It could be between Houston and SoCal....but if there is more interest in Houston, I could be in. (hell....because of my desire to travel to both locations, if the $$$ were there, maybe both...but unlikely)
And for now "a chance" is more than good enough.
Yes, the old "Dome", a/k/a "The 8th Wonder of the World" - Judge Roy Hoffeinz, is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans. I think these days "seeing" the Dome is about all you can do. Pretty sure tours have not been offered for years. But once upon the time they were and included the Judge's lavish apartment high above right-centerfield IIRC.
-
Actually, ya, I'm thinking about heading to the game. Have a buddy from school that's a big Texans fan
Actually, ya, I'm thinking about heading to the game. Have a buddy from school that's a big Texans fan
Sounds like you'd be pretty well set just being an "easy 18 hour-ish drive" away. If both of you have an interest in getting in on the ticket block, let me know...
-
Yes, the old "Dome", a/k/a "The 8th Wonder of the World" - Judge Roy Hoffeinz, is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans. I think these days "seeing" the Dome is about all you can do. Pretty sure tours have not been offered for years. But once upon the time they were and included the Judge's lavish apartment high above right-centerfield IIRC.
Cool. Is Reliant Stadium a Dome as well? Retractable? I will check it out.
-
By the way......do you notice that in looking at Tour's avatar of Ghoulardi, and mine of The Dude, that the two look an awful lot alike? The Dude has a bit longer hair, but otherwise...separated at birth?
-
is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans
Is Reliant the same as NRG? Which is what I think it is called now?
-
I'll be in Spain watching Ghoolie

-
is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans
Is Reliant the same as NRG? Which is what I think it is called now?
Yes.is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans
Is Reliant the same as NRG? Which is what I think it is called now?
-
I am trying to do Gainesville the day before to see the Ags but the plan is to be there if it works out, Tour, which it should. I've already seen some flights that worked.
-
Sorry T,Texas..not a chance...I was maybe 12ish, my older brother just got his drivers license. Huge Dallas Fan & tells Mom he's taking me & her car for the weekend to Dad's in Michigan. Well we take off to see his idol Aikman in Texas. Well "god knows where" in Arkansas. The front tire blows. 20 mins. Here come the blue lights & Jackie Gleason
. After Big Bro thought he accomplished something with his 1st spare tire change.Sargent Gleason impounds Mom Car for unsafe vehicle on other tires, ect. & calls the proud owner of vehicle MOM.."We have your Vehicle & your 2 sons in Arkansas"..My Cousin Vinny was not coming to are rescue. But a pissed off MoM in a rental car showed up the next day. To release her 2 sons from jail that she told to hold till She got there
Now you tell me..Not a chance in hell I'll ever make it to TexAss..But I Lied & Tried only 1 Time...MoMs Promise
(Boat,Train or Plane..that shi$ will crash) -
my tavel plan is L.A it should be cool to watch the BROWNS play in a 28.000 seat soccer stadium which i have been told there is not a bad seat in the place
my tavel plan is L.A it should be cool to watch the BROWNS play in a 28.000 seat soccer stadium which i have been told there is not a bad seat in the place
It has seats and everything? Cool...
By the way......do you notice that in looking at Tour's avatar of Ghoulardi, and mine of The Dude, that the two look an awful lot alike? The Dude has a bit longer hair, but otherwise...separated at birth?
Goatee bros...
is right next to Reliant Stadium, Home of the Texans
Is Reliant the same as NRG? Which is what I think it is called now?
Damn... well just don't forget to visit Enron Field as well...

And, yes, NRG has a retractable roof... same as Minute Maid Park... just a light rail ride away from NRG.
-
Definitely a possibility. It's a five hour drive for me and it would be awesome to meet some of you crackheads.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login