Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

    Thanks, though I am not absolutely ready to commit to going. It is my plan, and I am 90% there....just have to nail some stuff down. But thanks for the info.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

  • @bob806 said:

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @topdawg31 said:

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

    Small world... same section as my in-laws.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Montrose is prefect for you guys. Nice hotels and prices are good.

    Area you used to "work"?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    See the invitation that I plan to send out that I posted in The Barber Shop regarding my plans for the trip this fall to Houston. This trip, for me, would kill 3 birds with one stone: 1. I always take a Fall trip anyway...as you all can see. 2. It gives me a chance to see my daughter who lives in Texas...as she would be coming over for the game 3. then there is the game, and the camaraderie that goes with it with you all.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

  • anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @topdawg31 said:

    anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

    Thanks, may do when the time comes.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/2017-backer-bash/

    Maybe the Buckeyes-Cornhusker game will be that night too. Should be a great time in Houston.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    I have made tentative hotel reservations...but not at the Holiday Inn....at the Hampton up the street. (with my special rates...of 57 bucks a night plus tax)

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    fuck Houston, who's going to London??

  • fuck Houston, who's going to London??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    fuck Houston, who's going to London??

    Was not in the cards for me....financially or politically (meaning that there was no way that my wife would let me go without her...and she can't make it). I am combining the Houston game trip with my regular fall trip that I take, where I stay in either my timeshare or in cheap hotels. (see the thread in the Barber Shop). This time, it is cheap hotels...nothing over $75 a night. Plus I will be driving. Long trip, sure, but should all be good.

    But I hope you and a bunch of us go to London and that you have a great time.

  • @miktoxic said:

    fuck Houston, who's going to London??

    Was not in the cards for me....financially or politically (meaning that there was no way that my wife would let me go without her...and she can't make it). I am combining the Houston game trip with my regular fall trip that I take, where I stay in either my timeshare or in cheap hotels. (see the thread in the Barber Shop). This time, it is cheap hotels...nothing over $75 a night. Plus I will be driving. Long trip, sure, but should all be good.

    But I hope you and a bunch of us go to London and that you have a great time.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Was not in the cards for me....financially or politically (meaning that there was no way that my wife would let me go without her...and she can't make it). I am combining the Houston game trip with my regular fall trip that I take, where I stay in either my timeshare or in cheap hotels. (see the thread in the Barber Shop). This time, it is cheap hotels...nothing over $75 a night. Plus I will be driving. Long trip, sure, but should all be good.

    But I hope you and a bunch of us go to London and that you have a great time.

    I won't go back to Europe until they get their immigration/terrorism shit in order. Lookin for someone to take gifts to our London base for me so I don't have to pay 20lbs to ship a flippin 1lb item.

    Btw road trip to TX is cool until you hit the border. armadillos and tumbleweed.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Was not in the cards for me....financially or politically (meaning that there was no way that my wife would let me go without her...and she can't make it). I am combining the Houston game trip with my regular fall trip that I take, where I stay in either my timeshare or in cheap hotels. (see the thread in the Barber Shop). This time, it is cheap hotels...nothing over $75 a night. Plus I will be driving. Long trip, sure, but should all be good.

    But I hope you and a bunch of us go to London and that you have a great time.

    I won't go back to Europe until they get their immigration/terrorism shit in order. Lookin for someone to take gifts to our London base for me so I don't have to pay 20lbs to ship a flippin 1lb item.

    Btw road trip to TX is cool until you hit the border. armadillos and tumbleweed.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    I won't go back to Europe until they get their immigration/terrorism shit in order. Lookin for someone to take gifts to our London base for me so I don't have to pay 20lbs to ship a flippin 1lb item.

    Btw road trip to TX is cool until you hit the border. armadillos and tumbleweed.

    I have never seen an Armadillo in Texas to be honest....or tumbleweed. I did a crunch number on an Armadillo once with my car in Mississippi...and saw them in Alabama, but not Texas. Tumbleweed? Yes....but much further out west. Eastern Texas around Houston is more like Louisiana....swampy.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    I used to live in Houston and spent 12 weeks there a couple of years ago.

    I have recommendations. No joke this time.

    1.There is a downtown like Mardi Gras street with lots of bar and restaurants. I was foot traffic only and they had a light rail thing passing through there..

    2.The battleship Texas has tours. You can go all through the ship.

    3. There is this cafeteria style restaurant called "Clayburns" its all great American food hot and ready to serve. The Greek owner will get you for about $20 a person cash only. North central part of town. I had to stop there before leaving town.

    4 The Lankford Store has really good home made breakfast. They are towards down town.

    While I did not do the tour of the Battleship Texas, I was right there at it, at the Battle of San Jacinto Park, where they have a monument that somewhat resembles the Washington Monument. Of course, deliberately, the goobers in Texas had to make sure that their monument was taller....so it is 15-20 feet taller than the Washington Monument. Its a cool place though...the museum at the bottom telling the history of Texas...and its revolution against Mexico. In my travels I have only skirted around Houston....once, as I said going out to that San Jacinto monument. Another time going to the east through the Anhuac Wildlife Refuge, then spending a couple of nights in Galveston. This would be the first time I will have stopped in and seen things in Houston proper.

    In fact, it may be the last "major league city" in America...and Canada...where I will have done that. For every other one I have spent some time touring their downtowns and sights. With Houston, I have only gone by the downtown on the freeway to the north.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Eastern Colarado and West Kansas has Tumbleweeds galore. They look square actually. They have fences up so they dont get in the road.

    Yes... I know this as I was just out there in April! Went from KC, all the way across Kansas to Bent's Old Fort in Colo. and back again.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    70 West?

    I dont believe that this country will ever run out of vacant land.

    I was on more backroads....only did a little bit of I-70. I was kind of following the Santa Fe Trail, from Olathe, to Lawrence, to Council Grove, to El Dorado, to McPherson, Great Bend, Ft. Larned, then on to Dodge City. Mainly along US 56. After I got the hell out of Dodge (like saying that when it was literally true), then head west to Colorado. Coming back east I followed US 40 some, then up to US 24 and 36. Went up into Nebraska a bit, then back down to Manhattan KS, and Topeka. Then I headed down to Ft. Scott, before coming back to KCMo. The only parts of I-70 I was on was between Lawrence and Manhattan.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Wow, You have seen more of Kansas and Nebraska than I have. I live not far from Olathe. Every small town in Kansas seems the same - a grain silo, about 3 sets of traffic lights, a Caseys store gas and pizza (sometimes not in that order) and 1 police car.

    Yea, that's about right. Except there are some quite interesting things to see along the way.

    In Olathe there is a pioneer museum of sorts.

    Near Baldwin there was a location where a battle was fought between John Brown and pro slavery forces.

    There is an old school house in there somewhere. Council Grove has the remnants of the Council Oak...where a treaty was signed. It also has the longest continuing operating restaurant west of the Mississippi.

    There is the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. Cottonwood Falls has a cool old courthouse. There are nice lakes in El Dorado and Marion. You can see bison at the Maxwell Game Preserve....and there is nice Wildlife Reserves at Quivera and Cheyenne Bottoms. I already mentioned Fort Larned National Historic site along with Dodge City, which is very cool. That was just heading west. Coming back east you had the Nicodemus National Historic Site.....Homestead NHS up in Nebraska, the center of the USA near Lebanon. Hollenberg Pony Express, Tuttle Creek near Manhattan. The Konza Prairie, Brown vs. Bd. of Education in Topeka, plus the capitol,then down to Ft. Scott.

    Whats cool about your route is that back in the day Cowboys traveled on the same hallowed ground by horse. Ive heard that wagon wheel ruts are still there on parts of the Santa Fe and Oregon trails.

    They are there, yes.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    East Texas is the southeast. West Texas is Texas.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

  • love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

    How is this a fact filled thread? It is about a tailgate in Houston. In other words, its a travel thread. What facts about that do you want to know that you are not being given? You said fuck it anyway...that you wanted to talk about London. So, start a London game thread.

    Sorry if my exuberance for life disturbs your boring existence.