Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Eastern Colarado and West Kansas has Tumbleweeds galore. They look square actually. They have fences up so they dont get in the road.

    Yes... I know this as I was just out there in April! Went from KC, all the way across Kansas to Bent's Old Fort in Colo. and back again.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    70 West?

    I dont believe that this country will ever run out of vacant land.

    I was on more backroads....only did a little bit of I-70. I was kind of following the Santa Fe Trail, from Olathe, to Lawrence, to Council Grove, to El Dorado, to McPherson, Great Bend, Ft. Larned, then on to Dodge City. Mainly along US 56. After I got the hell out of Dodge (like saying that when it was literally true), then head west to Colorado. Coming back east I followed US 40 some, then up to US 24 and 36. Went up into Nebraska a bit, then back down to Manhattan KS, and Topeka. Then I headed down to Ft. Scott, before coming back to KCMo. The only parts of I-70 I was on was between Lawrence and Manhattan.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Wow, You have seen more of Kansas and Nebraska than I have. I live not far from Olathe. Every small town in Kansas seems the same - a grain silo, about 3 sets of traffic lights, a Caseys store gas and pizza (sometimes not in that order) and 1 police car.

    Yea, that's about right. Except there are some quite interesting things to see along the way.

    In Olathe there is a pioneer museum of sorts.

    Near Baldwin there was a location where a battle was fought between John Brown and pro slavery forces.

    There is an old school house in there somewhere. Council Grove has the remnants of the Council Oak...where a treaty was signed. It also has the longest continuing operating restaurant west of the Mississippi.

    There is the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. Cottonwood Falls has a cool old courthouse. There are nice lakes in El Dorado and Marion. You can see bison at the Maxwell Game Preserve....and there is nice Wildlife Reserves at Quivera and Cheyenne Bottoms. I already mentioned Fort Larned National Historic site along with Dodge City, which is very cool. That was just heading west. Coming back east you had the Nicodemus National Historic Site.....Homestead NHS up in Nebraska, the center of the USA near Lebanon. Hollenberg Pony Express, Tuttle Creek near Manhattan. The Konza Prairie, Brown vs. Bd. of Education in Topeka, plus the capitol,then down to Ft. Scott.

    Whats cool about your route is that back in the day Cowboys traveled on the same hallowed ground by horse. Ive heard that wagon wheel ruts are still there on parts of the Santa Fe and Oregon trails.

    They are there, yes.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    East Texas is the southeast. West Texas is Texas.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

  • love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

    How is this a fact filled thread? It is about a tailgate in Houston. In other words, its a travel thread. What facts about that do you want to know that you are not being given? You said fuck it anyway...that you wanted to talk about London. So, start a London game thread.

    Sorry if my exuberance for life disturbs your boring existence.

  • East Texas is the southeast. West Texas is Texas.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    East Texas is the southeast. West Texas is Texas.

    Very true. Coming from a West Texan.
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    No, it's West Texas. The capitol, really.

  • @miktoxic said:

    love to see how a fact-filled thread and post that is genuine turn into a gipper car wreck.

    most friends and family in TX. twin bro in the colony. most the other dredges live close by.

    OIFF. antics abound.

    How is this a fact filled thread? It is about a tailgate in Houston. In other words, its a travel thread. What facts about that do you want to know that you are not being given? You said fuck it anyway...that you wanted to talk about London. So, start a London game thread.

    Sorry if my exuberance for life disturbs your boring existence.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    How is this a fact filled thread? It is about a tailgate in Houston. In other words, its a travel thread. What facts about that do you want to know that you are not being given? You said fuck it anyway...that you wanted to talk about London. So, start a London game thread.

    Sorry if my exuberance for life disturbs your boring existence.

    Dates and times is all.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How is this a fact filled thread? It is about a tailgate in Houston. In other words, its a travel thread. What facts about that do you want to know that you are not being given? You said fuck it anyway...that you wanted to talk about London. So, start a London game thread.

    Sorry if my exuberance for life disturbs your boring existence.

    Dates and times is all.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    Dates and times is all.

    That was established in one sentence, in one post. Cleveland Browns at Houston Texans. Sunday, October 15, 2017 1:00 pm Eastern (Noon local) NRG Stadium.

    You can stay at the Browns backers hotel, the Holiday Inn, near the stadium. Tailgate activities at BW3 in Rice Village the previous evening.

    You can go to this link to find almost all info:

    http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/

    Now, what else do you want to talk about?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    post-2383-0-87874200-1503265029_thumb.jpg

    So this picture was taken last night by my Houston friends before they played the cheaters. The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot, my friends usually are the first ones in line every game. We will be "curbgating" at that very spot until our friends show up. Now they tell me that we cant get in the lot until 9am, but a true browns fan knows that tailgating err I mean curbgating begins at 5am.

  • post-2383-0-87874200-1503265029_thumb.jpg

    So this picture was taken last night by my Houston friends before they played the cheaters. The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot, my friends usually are the first ones in line every game. We will be "curbgating" at that very spot until our friends show up. Now they tell me that we cant get in the lot until 9am, but a true browns fan knows that tailgating err I mean curbgating begins at 5am.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @topdawg31 said:

    The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot...

    ... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...

  • @topdawg31 said:

    The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot...

    ... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...

    Interestingly, I just came back from French Lick Indiana, and nearby is the West Baden Springs Hotel, built in 1902, and supposedly it had the nations largest enclosed dome until they built the Astrodome.

    5636b6958f3484588f8ef32e.jpg

  • @topdawg31 said:

    The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot...

    ... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...

    I didn't see that good catch

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So, I am all set.  Up until this morning there was some doubt about whether or not I would even do this trip, due to the fact that, unfortuneately, my daughter will not be able to join me for the game, as she has to attend a wedding in Virginia the very same day as the game. However, I have rearranged my schedule so that she can come into Houston and meet up with me on the Thursday before the game, spend Friday together in Houston, but then she must leave Saturday morning to be back in San Antonio to catch a flight that evening to DC.  I had even thought of switching my entire trip to meet her in Virginia, but she would have been completely tied up with wedding BS, so we would have had no time.

    Well, I guess its good in a sense, because she told me that she would be rooting for the fucking DumbAssTexans. Now we get to avoid that fight!😆

    Actually, I thought she was a Cowboy fan...but, no, she said, she like the DATs better. Oi!

    Another thing that is making it finally possible to go is that I was able to secure a free flight. (well....an $11.20 flight...as the taxes had to be paid). But I have to fly into Gulfport Miss.  which is only like 80 miles from New Orleans.  So, I will be 2 nights in N.O.;  2 nights in Lafayette, and 4 nights in Houston, plus another night in like either N.O. Gulfport or the like.  Another great deal is the discounts from Hilton:  $45-57 a night in Houston, $49 a night in Lafayette,  $59-69 in N.O.  I am pretty much getting all these for less than half price.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    There is a London thread...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

  • @tour2ma said:

    There is a London thread...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

    Appears that old links have been rendered useless by the site update...

  • But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

    Ill check my sources