Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?
-
The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot...
... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...
-
The drive on the left is the hotel I am at Comfort Inn. the entrance is the YELLOW lot...
... and at the very left edge of the photo is the old 'Dome...
-
So, I am all set. Up until this morning there was some doubt about whether or not I would even do this trip, due to the fact that, unfortuneately, my daughter will not be able to join me for the game, as she has to attend a wedding in Virginia the very same day as the game. However, I have rearranged my schedule so that she can come into Houston and meet up with me on the Thursday before the game, spend Friday together in Houston, but then she must leave Saturday morning to be back in San Antonio to catch a flight that evening to DC. I had even thought of switching my entire trip to meet her in Virginia, but she would have been completely tied up with wedding BS, so we would have had no time.
Well, I guess its good in a sense, because she told me that she would be rooting for the fucking DumbAssTexans. Now we get to avoid that fight!

Actually, I thought she was a Cowboy fan...but, no, she said, she like the DATs better. Oi!
Another thing that is making it finally possible to go is that I was able to secure a free flight. (well....an $11.20 flight...as the taxes had to be paid). But I have to fly into Gulfport Miss. which is only like 80 miles from New Orleans. So, I will be 2 nights in N.O.; 2 nights in Lafayette, and 4 nights in Houston, plus another night in like either N.O. Gulfport or the like. Another great deal is the discounts from Hilton: $45-57 a night in Houston, $49 a night in Lafayette, $59-69 in N.O. I am pretty much getting all these for less than half price.
-
There is a London thread...
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london
There is a London thread...
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london
For whatever reason, that link is not working.
-
But...one other thing: still need a ticket. Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.
Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available. Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.
-
There is a London thread...
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london
For whatever reason, that link is not working.
For whatever reason, that link is not working.
Appears that old links have been rendered useless by the site update...
-
But...one other thing: still need a ticket. Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.
Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available. Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.
But...one other thing: still need a ticket. Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.
Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available. Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.
Ill check my sources
-
I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains
but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS
-
I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains
but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS
I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains
but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS
If you are interested in tailgating with our group at the home games, check out my posts in the Tailgating forum. Several of us are also going to Indy, Houston and Detroit.
-
I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?
-
I used to work security at Heinz Field from time to time so I will not go to that stadium, I could never stand being around 4 or 5 Steeler fans and up there it is like IDK 50,000??? And they are scum trash bitches.
-
I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?
I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?
Burke Airport
-
Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?
Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?
Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?
-
Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?
Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?
Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?
Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?
Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?
Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?
I've seen plenty of pics from my friends in Houston, unfortunately they had indoor swimming pools for a day, water has begun to recede now the clean up. I have not seen or heard anything from around NRG.
-
This article says no damage to the stadium, but the surrounding areas are such that they may move the preseason game scheduled there for Thursday to the Dallas stadium (they play the Cowboys).
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/NRG-Stadium-remains-undamaged-by-flooding-12049677.php
-
The south loop near NRG is less flood prone than other areas of Houston including city enter (Brays Bayou IIRC).
The Dallas move is a reaction to a short-term issue of getting to and around the city.
That said in a week or so you might want to double check your accommodations just to be sure.
-
What area of the city? I have in-laws NW, W and S, and so far so good. Biggest scare was the folks on the southside (Pearland area) who had street flooding creep well up into their lawn. Several former co-workers are out east, in the Baytown area which has recorded nearly 40" of total rainfall.
When Ike pushed 3' of water into my house it got two vehicles. Being salt water they were automatic write-offs. Years earlier in 2001, I was in UK when Allison stalled over Houston. My house was fine, but I returned to find my Park-n-Fly had flooded. But that was a fresh water event and ~$3k later my Accord was back on the road.
-
I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston. They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium. How is that area doing? (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there). If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it. The harder part would be dealing with my flight. I paid for that with air miles. Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.
Tour...how are YOU making it through this? OK?
-
High and dry, Gip... thanks. Hardly any rain up here in the East Texas Hill Country as yet and when Harvey does finally get moving north it's projected to pass east of Shreveport, LA.
Med Center had issues back in 2001 with Alicia. I remember stories of basements flooding and records being lost. Not heard anything this time, but it ain't over...
Within last hour a levee about an hour south of Houston was breached. It's down in the Columbia Lakes area. An area I know from my golfing days.
There are two more such flood control reservoirs that were built in the 1930's that feed Buffalo Bayou (the downtown bayou I misremembered earlier). Both of these levees are amongst the lowest rated in the nation by the Army Corps of Engineers. Spillways are open and downstream flooding is occurring in areas that escaped initial flooding and the bad news is that the reservoir levels are still rising.
-
Ooh, OK, I thought you lived in a Houston suburb. When you say "East Texas Hill Country" I assume you are not referring to what is commonly known as "Texas Hill Country", which is sort of that triangular area that is from Austin to Kerrville to San Antonio.
Also....can you be fairly certain that our festivities, and ability to get around there in Mid Oct. will not be affected?
Especially, if, as you say, this happens:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
