Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    There is a London thread...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

  • @tour2ma said:

    There is a London thread...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46591&hl=london

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    For whatever reason, that link is not working.

    Appears that old links have been rendered useless by the site update...

  • But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    But...one other thing: still need a ticket.   Daughter cannot attend game due to wedding.

    Has anyone got a ticket, or buy an extra ticket that they have available.   Preference would be to sit with one of all y'all than by myself.

    Ill check my sources

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains 🙂 but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS

  • I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains 🙂 but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @medicineman said:

    I am going to the game(s) AT Baltimore, Cintucky, and at Indy, I will not go to the game at Pisspuke even though it is only 30 min from my house, I will be going to the Home games against Pisspuke, Ratbirds and Bungles and Jets game. Don't have great seats but I enjoy them, up in the top section, will be under shelter if it rains 🙂 but tbh I like the top. You can see the play develop. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys this year. Either way GO BROWNS

    If you are interested in tailgating with our group at the home games, check out my posts in the Tailgating forum. Several of us are also going to Indy, Houston and Detroit.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    I used to work security at Heinz Field from time to time so I will not go to that stadium, I could never stand being around 4 or 5 Steeler fans and up there it is like IDK 50,000??? And they are scum trash bitches.

  • I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @medicineman said:

    I will do that for sure. I know I wont be able to make it to Houston but the Detroit game is still a maybe. But I look forward to meeting you guys at the Home games. What lot do you guys park at?

    Burke Airport

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?

    Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?   

    Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?

  • Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?

    Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?   

    Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Any word on how or if this Invisible White Rabbit, Harvey is going to affect things in Houston for the game?

    Or, too early to tell? Any damage to NRG Stad.?   

    Or need 6 good weeks of dry weather?

    I've seen plenty of pics from my friends in Houston, unfortunately they had indoor swimming pools for a day, water has begun to recede now the clean up. I have not seen or heard anything from around NRG.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    This article says no damage to the stadium, but the surrounding areas are such that they may move the preseason game scheduled there for Thursday to the Dallas stadium (they play the Cowboys).

    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/NRG-Stadium-remains-undamaged-by-flooding-12049677.php

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The south loop near NRG is less flood prone than other areas of Houston including city enter (Brays Bayou IIRC).

    The Dallas move is a reaction to a short-term issue of getting to and around the city.

    That said in a week or so you might want to double check your accommodations just to be sure.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    What area of the city? I have in-laws NW, W and S, and so far so good. Biggest scare was the folks on the southside (Pearland area) who had street flooding creep well up into their lawn. Several former co-workers are out east, in the Baytown area which has recorded nearly 40" of total rainfall.

    When Ike pushed 3' of water into my house it got two vehicles. Being salt water they were automatic write-offs. Years earlier in 2001, I was in UK when Allison stalled over Houston. My house was fine, but I returned to find my Park-n-Fly had flooded. But that was a fresh water event and ~$3k later my Accord was back on the road.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston.  They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium.  How is that area doing?  (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there).  If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it.  The harder part would be dealing with my flight.  I paid for that with air miles.  Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.

    Tour...how are YOU making it through this?  OK?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    High and dry, Gip... thanks. Hardly any rain up here in the East Texas Hill Country as yet and when Harvey does finally get moving north it's projected to pass east of Shreveport, LA.

    Med Center had issues back in 2001 with Alicia. I remember stories of basements flooding and records being lost. Not heard anything this time, but it ain't over...

    Within last hour a levee about an hour south of Houston was breached. It's down in the Columbia Lakes area. An area I know from my golfing days.

    There are two more such flood control reservoirs that were built in the 1930's that feed Buffalo Bayou (the downtown bayou I misremembered earlier). Both of these levees are amongst the lowest rated in the nation by the Army Corps of Engineers. Spillways are open and downstream flooding is occurring in areas that escaped initial flooding and the bad news is that the reservoir levels are still rising.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Ooh, OK, I thought you lived in a Houston suburb.   When you say "East Texas Hill Country"  I assume you are not referring to what is commonly known as "Texas Hill Country",  which is sort of that triangular area that is from Austin to Kerrville to San Antonio.

    Also....can you be fairly certain that our festivities, and ability to get around there in Mid Oct. will not be affected? 

    Especially, if, as you say, this happens:

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    If either levee fails, I have no idea, Gip. If they hold, it'll be fine.

    And yes, East Texas Hill Country is a different region. Starts around Livingston and builds up through Lufkin and Tyler to Atlanta, TX which is not far south of Texarkana.

  • If either levee fails, I have no idea, Gip. If they hold, it'll be fine.

    And yes, East Texas Hill Country is a different region. Starts around Livingston and builds up through Lufkin and Tyler to Atlanta, TX which is not far south of Texarkana.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If either levee fails, I have no idea, Gip. If they hold, it'll be fine.

    And yes, East Texas Hill Country is a different region. Starts around Livingston and builds up through Lufkin and Tyler to Atlanta, TX which is not far south of Texarkana.

    Lufkin won the US portion of the Little League World Series....only to lose the finals to Japan, no?  Also, I spent the night once in Atlanta TX taking my daughter to college.  I plan to go up through that area after Houston, up to Marshall and Jefferson.

  • I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston.  They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium.  How is that area doing?  (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there).  If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it.  The harder part would be dealing with my flight.  I paid for that with air miles.  Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.

    Tour...how are YOU making it through this?  OK?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston.  They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium.  How is that area doing?  (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there).  If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it.  The harder part would be dealing with my flight.  I paid for that with air miles.  Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.

    Tour...how are YOU making it through this?  OK?

    Yo Gip- either your mailbox is full or Z hasn't authorized it yet.  Since it's a little disorganized, do you have your Houston ticket yet? I don't.  I was just mucking around StubHub. Be happy to order tickets and sit with you. Have a top price you're willing to spend? Mine is around $175.   Anything under $100 is going to be in the nosebleeds. Saw some stuff in the $165 range that gets you one level down from the 600s to the 500s. The 100 level sideline is totally unavailable, and the price would be astronomical if any were. 

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet? We can plan on doing something Friday night if the mess is cleaned up by then. I heard Hobby Airport was under water.  BTW Ag mentioned in another thread they got around 4" of rain where he is at- and not too bad- yet.