Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • @the-gipper said:

    I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston.  They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium.  How is that area doing?  (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there).  If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it.  The harder part would be dealing with my flight.  I paid for that with air miles.  Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.

    Tour...how are YOU making it through this?  OK?

    Yo Gip- either your mailbox is full or Z hasn't authorized it yet.  Since it's a little disorganized, do you have your Houston ticket yet? I don't.  I was just mucking around StubHub. Be happy to order tickets and sit with you. Have a top price you're willing to spend? Mine is around $175.   Anything under $100 is going to be in the nosebleeds. Saw some stuff in the $165 range that gets you one level down from the 600s to the 500s. The 100 level sideline is totally unavailable, and the price would be astronomical if any were. 

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet? We can plan on doing something Friday night if the mess is cleaned up by then. I heard Hobby Airport was under water.  BTW Ag mentioned in another thread they got around 4" of rain where he is at- and not too bad- yet. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet?

    Not yet, but I'll be sitting with in-laws.... and dropping about $160 per all in from the looks of things.

    IIRC TopDawg is checking his Houston buds for tix for Gip. Actually is in the same section as my in-laws, just lower seats closer to field level in section 119.

  • @hoorta said:

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet?

    Not yet, but I'll be sitting with in-laws.... and dropping about $160 per all in from the looks of things.

    IIRC TopDawg is checking his Houston buds for tix for Gip. Actually is in the same section as my in-laws, just lower seats closer to field level in section 119.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not yet, but I'll be sitting with in-laws.... and dropping about $160 per all in from the looks of things.

    IIRC TopDawg is checking his Houston buds for tix for Gip. Actually is in the same section as my in-laws, just lower seats closer to field level in section 119.

    119 wouldn't be my choice- but I understand the situation. If you shoot me a PM with their row- I may even look for seats close to yours. If TopDawg can't come through for Gip (I may PM him to see if he can up that to a pair of seats, though I'm not averse to sitting solo if it comes to that.) There's plenty of stuff in the 100 level on NFL Ticket Exchange (strangely nary a seat on StubHub) under $200- though I hate paying Ticketmaster's extortion "convenience fees".  Legalized robbery IMHO. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    My buddy at Memorial drive and Bunker Hill told me via text that he had flooding and no power.

    My other pal Jay, told me that Houston South West flooded  real bad. Her car is fucked.

    That intersection is just a few blocks from Buffalo Bayou. No surprised it's flooded. Now that the water is going over and around the levy, I'm a bit more concerned about my cousins place about 20 blocks south of that bayou E of 610 Loop. He had been dry even with the flood gates fully open.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I will have to check on my accommodations in Houston.  They are both in that Med Center area north of the Stadium.  How is that area doing?  (also N.O. and Lafayette...though I don't think things were bad there).  If I had to cancel because of the flood, so be it.  The harder part would be dealing with my flight.  I paid for that with air miles.  Delta could be shitty about it if I felt I had to cancel.

    Tour...how are YOU making it through this?  OK?

    Yo Gip- either your mailbox is full or Z hasn't authorized it yet.  Since it's a little disorganized, do you have your Houston ticket yet? I don't.  I was just mucking around StubHub. Be happy to order tickets and sit with you. Have a top price you're willing to spend? Mine is around $175.   Anything under $100 is going to be in the nosebleeds. Saw some stuff in the $165 range that gets you one level down from the 600s to the 500s. The 100 level sideline is totally unavailable, and the price would be astronomical if any were. 

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet? We can plan on doing something Friday night if the mess is cleaned up by then. I heard Hobby Airport was under water.  BTW Ag mentioned in another thread they got around 4" of rain where he is at- and not too bad- yet. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Yo Gip- either your mailbox is full or Z hasn't authorized it yet.  Since it's a little disorganized, do you have your Houston ticket yet? I don't.  I was just mucking around StubHub. Be happy to order tickets and sit with you. Have a top price you're willing to spend? Mine is around $175.   Anything under $100 is going to be in the nosebleeds. Saw some stuff in the $165 range that gets you one level down from the 600s to the 500s. The 100 level sideline is totally unavailable, and the price would be astronomical if any were. 

    Also Tour- you have your tickets yet? We can plan on doing something Friday night if the mess is cleaned up by then. I heard Hobby Airport was under water.  BTW Ag mentioned in another thread they got around 4" of rain where he is at- and not too bad- yet. 

    I don't think my mailbox is full.  I really haven't had much in the way of PMs.  So it must be something else.   No, I do not have ticket yet.  $150-175 seems about right. So, if you order one, please go ahead and get me one. I will get the $ to you.   

    Now, the question is:  can we get to the game in Houston?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    My buddy at Memorial drive and Bunker Hill told me via text that he had flooding and no power.

    My other pal Jay, told me that Houston South West flooded  real bad. Her car is fucked.

    The areas of interest in Houston, as far as we should be concerned are:  the stadium area, of course.  The Med Center area...where my hotels are. And the Rice Village, which I believe is the site of party activity the day/night before the game.   Any word on those areas?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    My buddy at Memorial drive and Bunker Hill told me via text that he had flooding and no power.

    Allen Parkway, on the opposite side of Buffalo Bayou from Memorial Dr., is one of the great drives in Houston... so long as it's not rush hour.

    Saw some flood footage yesterday of Allen Parkway. Water looked to be over 6' deep on the road.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Memorial drive is a nice route too. 

    It does have the advantage of ending up in Memorial Park... great "scenery" and the refurbished Golf Course is a real gem. The son of a former co-worker was head Greenskeeper there... was a real help in getting tee times.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    G H Bush lives some where off Memorial drive.

    Beautiful houses and properties.

    You mean "Poppy"? #41?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

     Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

  •  Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

     Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

    The Texas State Parks system already canceled my stay at Stephen F. Austin SP. 

    I'm sure once things settle down, I will be able to find an RV spot, but first and foremost I hope the region recovers ok. Like you say, who knows what lies ahead in hurricane season.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

  • Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Go on...

  • Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Good to know

  • @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Go on...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Go on...

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

  • @wargograw said:

    Go on...

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    that's sweet dude. I did what you said and waited and got the $20 off. It came to about $340 for 6 tickets together for me.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Excellent! Vivid seems to have the lowest ticket prices, but highest fees, so they have room to move.

    See you at Buffalo Wild Wings... I'll be in the Orange, Joe T jersey... with about three JJ Watts...

  • So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    My friends were back to tailgating for their Home Opener, they're dealing with insurance and clean up at home but the yellow lot is a party.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Check with your accommodations, but generally Houston is good to go...

    Meanwhile here's a BackerBash announcement...

    We have just received confirmation that the two Browns alumni who will be at our Saturday night Backer Bash are:
    • Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil 
    • Cody Risien 

    Looks like I will be bigger than one of them...

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .