Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  •  Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

     Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

    The Texas State Parks system already canceled my stay at Stephen F. Austin SP. 

    I'm sure once things settle down, I will be able to find an RV spot, but first and foremost I hope the region recovers ok. Like you say, who knows what lies ahead in hurricane season.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

  • Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Go on...

  • Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Good to know

  • @tour2ma said:

    Tix are in hand...

    Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

    Go on...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Go on...

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

  • @wargograw said:

    Go on...

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    that's sweet dude. I did what you said and waited and got the $20 off. It came to about $340 for 6 tickets together for me.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Excellent! Vivid seems to have the lowest ticket prices, but highest fees, so they have room to move.

    See you at Buffalo Wild Wings... I'll be in the Orange, Joe T jersey... with about three JJ Watts...

  • So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    My friends were back to tailgating for their Home Opener, they're dealing with insurance and clean up at home but the yellow lot is a party.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Check with your accommodations, but generally Houston is good to go...

    Meanwhile here's a BackerBash announcement...

    We have just received confirmation that the two Browns alumni who will be at our Saturday night Backer Bash are:
    • Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil 
    • Cody Risien 

    Looks like I will be bigger than one of them...

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

  • Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @topdawg31 said:

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

    Good idea, I would go out on a limb aND say they'll have it on saturday night at BW3. If I hear of anything for fri night I'll post it here.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

  • Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

  • @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

  • @mudfly said:

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

    Ha!...Dallas airport.....my nemesis...a place Ive been stuck at too many times.....though I did do business in Dallas for 20 years, which required at least 3 visits per yr, and it's a wonderful city.....never did Houston myself, but hear its pretty decent for a big city.....(ifn you like big cities)....

    My brother moved to Dallas just a few months ago, so I suspect I wil restart my annual visits there.....airport be damned....

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

  • Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    But Larry.....didn't you hear? They spent millions on the OL. We have the highest paid fatasses mpney can buy. 

  • This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @topdawg31 said:

    This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    @hoorta said:

    ... it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item.

    I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

    Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

    Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.