Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • @wargograw said:

    Go on...

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    @tour2ma said:

    Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

    Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... 🙂

    that's sweet dude. I did what you said and waited and got the $20 off. It came to about $340 for 6 tickets together for me.

  • Excellent! Vivid seems to have the lowest ticket prices, but highest fees, so they have room to move.

    See you at Buffalo Wild Wings... I'll be in the Orange, Joe T jersey... with about three JJ Watts...

  • So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    @the-gipper said:

    So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

    If anyone knows.  Thanks.

    My friends were back to tailgating for their Home Opener, they're dealing with insurance and clean up at home but the yellow lot is a party.

  • Check with your accommodations, but generally Houston is good to go...

    Meanwhile here's a BackerBash announcement...

    We have just received confirmation that the two Browns alumni who will be at our Saturday night Backer Bash are:
    • Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil 
    • Cody Risien 

    Looks like I will be bigger than one of them...

  • Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

  • Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    @topdawg31 said:

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

    @tour2ma said:

    Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

    Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

    There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

    You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

    Good idea, I would go out on a limb aND say they'll have it on saturday night at BW3. If I hear of anything for fri night I'll post it here.

  • Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

  • Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

  • @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    @mudfly said:

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

  • @mudfly said:

    Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

    I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

    But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

    @hoorta said:

    Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

    Ha!...Dallas airport.....my nemesis...a place Ive been stuck at too many times.....though I did do business in Dallas for 20 years, which required at least 3 visits per yr, and it's a wonderful city.....never did Houston myself, but hear its pretty decent for a big city.....(ifn you like big cities)....

    My brother moved to Dallas just a few months ago, so I suspect I wil restart my annual visits there.....airport be damned....

  • This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

  • Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    @hoorta said:

    Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

    But Larry.....didn't you hear? They spent millions on the OL. We have the highest paid fatasses mpney can buy. 

  • This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    @topdawg31 said:

    This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    @hoorta said:

    ... it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item.

    I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

    Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

    Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

  • And as for Astros ALCS tix... they're on resale sites now. "Best seats" are in the $300-400 range. Cheapies are running in the $120-150 range.

    But the potential CLE games in HOU will not fall on the weekend...

    DATE SERIES
    FRIDAY, OCT. 13 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 1, FOX or FS1
    SATURDAY, OCT. 14 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 2, FOX or FS1
    MONDAY, OCT. 16 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 3, FOX or FS1
    TUESDAY, OCT. 17 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 4, FOX or FS1
    WEDNESDAY, OCT. 18 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 5*, FOX or FS1
    FRIDAY, OCT. 20 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 6*, FOX or FS1
    SATURDAY, OCT. 21 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 7*, FOX or FS1
  • Damn Yankees are going to spoil my Friday night plans.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    @hoorta said:

    ... it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item.

    I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

    Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

    Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

    @tour2ma said:

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    My friends RAVE about Twin Peaks. WAY better than Hooters. Too bad the F#$%ing Yankees won though.

    See you fellas in Texas Saturday Night!

  • @topdawg31 said:

    This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

    "I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    @hoorta said:

    ... it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item.

    I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

    Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

    Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

    @tour2ma said:

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

    Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

    Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

    LOL, the game, not you.  🙂  My attitude went up 50% when I heard Deshone is riding the pine....  

  • my brother lives in 'the colony' outside dallas. (sounds like a M. Night" Shyamalan cult village) but is a browns fan who the cuLt villagers are trying their best to turn him into an A&M, yankee and cowboy fan.

    FIGHT THE POWER!!

    and for those who think one DE will win you a championship...??......don't think the texans need JJ to promptly bust the browns butt wide open.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Sounds sweet... never been there.

    My friends RAVE about Twin Peaks. WAY better than Hooters. Too bad the F#$%ing Yankees won though.

    See you fellas in Texas Saturday Night!

    @stillmotion said:

    My friends RAVE about Twin Peaks. WAY better than Hooters. Too bad the F#$%ing Yankees won though.

    See you fellas in Texas Saturday Night!

    Could still end up there friday night, play it by ear now and see how Friday  unfolds. We for sure know where we will be on Saturday night, see you at the Bash.