Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?
-
Tour, my daughter is in event planning with Hilton hotel company I am thinking maybe of asking her if she can be involved in planning for the hotels for this. Since she lives in San Antonio I am thinking of asking her to do this plus come over and see me for this weekend so let me know if you think that's an idea to pursue. By this I mean planning for our entire group
No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Tour, my daughter is in event planning with Hilton hotel company I am thinking maybe of asking her if she can be involved in planning for the hotels for this. Since she lives in San Antonio I am thinking of asking her to do this plus come over and see me for this weekend so let me know if you think that's an idea to pursue. By this I mean planning for our entire group
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
-
No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Tour, my daughter is in event planning with Hilton hotel company I am thinking maybe of asking her if she can be involved in planning for the hotels for this. Since she lives in San Antonio I am thinking of asking her to do this plus come over and see me for this weekend so let me know if you think that's an idea to pursue. By this I mean planning for our entire group
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
Count me in on tickets and hotel room if we go that route. My wife says I can go ?No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
-
No room for me either. I'll probably be 2-4 tickets.
-
Me and my friend over here are considering making the trip over for this one, flights around £600 at the moment
-
No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Tour, my daughter is in event planning with Hilton hotel company I am thinking maybe of asking her if she can be involved in planning for the hotels for this. Since she lives in San Antonio I am thinking of asking her to do this plus come over and see me for this weekend so let me know if you think that's an idea to pursue. By this I mean planning for our entire group
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
I can find out. I am sure downtown Hilton would be nice, but I don't know if the whole group would want to spend that kind of money.
They go for like $163.00 per night, upon checking. Not sure what a group rate would be.
That is usually about double what I like to spend per night on my travels. (but then, when I do road trip traveling I am just looking for a place to shit/shower/shave/shag and sleep.
(and no shagging going to happen on this trip)If I were to get a deal through the friends/family rate, that would just be for me.
So, the questions that we have to pose is:
A. How many rooms do we think we should get a block of reserved?
B. What kind of rate do people want to pay?
C. How many nights?
I would think, that for me and others, 3 nights....Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be the optimum.
If the Downtown area is a bit too rich to stay...what other area do you suggest that the group stay?
(other Hilton brands include Doubletree, Hampton, Embassy Suites, Homewood)
Somewhere near the stadium itself? Near to you...or to where Browns Backers events would take place?
-
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
- Just received call basically there are no ticket blocks available for game only. The Texans hold back a few thousand seats per game for single game sales. When they go on sale online, they "last less than a minute" selling mostly in pairs.
- There are, however, a couple packages available that do include group tickets. They are:
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
- The Sideline Experience: Catered meal in private room inside the stadium. Escorted onto the field during player warm-ups. Reservation begin May 22. Cost is $325 per person.
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
-
No rooms.. got it, Bob... noted.
Absolutely, Gip... The Downtown Houston Hilton Americas is awesome and their shuttle can likely be used. Also I believe the light-rail isn't too far away. But it is a "Hilton" so I'd be curious as to what she can do on price for a block of rooms.
I'll plow along in parallel for a bit and we'll see what develops.
I can find out. I am sure downtown Hilton would be nice, but I don't know if the whole group would want to spend that kind of money.
They go for like $163.00 per night, upon checking. Not sure what a group rate would be.
That is usually about double what I like to spend per night on my travels. (but then, when I do road trip traveling I am just looking for a place to shit/shower/shave/shag and sleep.
(and no shagging going to happen on this trip)If I were to get a deal through the friends/family rate, that would just be for me.
So, the questions that we have to pose is:
A. How many rooms do we think we should get a block of reserved?
B. What kind of rate do people want to pay?
C. How many nights?
I would think, that for me and others, 3 nights....Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be the optimum.
If the Downtown area is a bit too rich to stay...what other area do you suggest that the group stay?
(other Hilton brands include Doubletree, Hampton, Embassy Suites, Homewood)
Somewhere near the stadium itself? Near to you...or to where Browns Backers events would take place?
So, the questions that we have to pose is:A. How many rooms do we think we should get a block of reserved?
B. What kind of rate do people want to pay?
C. How many nights?
I would think, that for me and others, 3 nights....Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be the optimum.
If the Downtown area is a bit too rich to stay...what other area do you suggest that the group stay?
(other Hilton brands include Doubletree, Hampton, Embassy Suites, Homewood)
Somewhere near the stadium itself? Near to you...or to where Browns Backers events would take place?
Right questions, but too early... just laying the groundwork...
Can your daughter just get a preliminary feel along the lines of: Min. number required for a "block deal"? If 10 rooms, then $140/night. If 20, then $xxx/night? In downtown you can also expect to pay for overnight parking, but often that's waved for a group.
Other areas would include NW as far as The Woodlands. Closer in, but the NW side is where the Space City Backers convene for games. I've yet to hear from them.
Near to me is about a 4 hour drive, but there is a Hilton...

-
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
- Just received call basically there are no ticket blocks available for game only. The Texans hold back a few thousand seats per game for single game sales. When they go on sale online, they "last less than a minute" selling mostly in pairs.
- There are, however, a couple packages available that do include group tickets. They are:
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
- The Sideline Experience: Catered meal in private room inside the stadium. Escorted onto the field during player warm-ups. Reservation begin May 22. Cost is $325 per person.
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
- Just received call basically there are no ticket blocks available for game only. The Texans hold back a few thousand seats per game for single game sales. When they go on sale online, they "last less than a minute" selling mostly in pairs.
- There are, however, a couple packages available that do include group tickets. They are:
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
- The Sideline Experience: Catered meal in private room inside the stadium. Escorted onto the field during player warm-ups. Reservation begin May 22. Cost is $325 per person.
- Email with above details is probably in my inbox as I type this. I told sales rep, that I doubt there'd be a great deal of interest as many who are most likely to attend have other pre-game plans.
- Personally at a game in Cleveland I could get down with the field thing, but in Houston? Not so much... besides the wife would probably "have to touch" JJ Watt and we'd get kicked out.
- So unless I'm seriously mis-guaging y'all, it looks like we are down to resellers via brokerage sites as the route to tix. And since I've rarely seen "blocks" of more than 8 listed, seems pretty much like every man for himself.
No biggie. Let's just see if we can put on a tailgate. And by we, I mean you

-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
-
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
- Just received call basically there are no ticket blocks available for game only. The Texans hold back a few thousand seats per game for single game sales. When they go on sale online, they "last less than a minute" selling mostly in pairs.
- There are, however, a couple packages available that do include group tickets. They are:
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
- The Sideline Experience: Catered meal in private room inside the stadium. Escorted onto the field during player warm-ups. Reservation begin May 22. Cost is $325 per person.
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
-
So, the questions that we have to pose is:
A. How many rooms do we think we should get a block of reserved?
B. What kind of rate do people want to pay?
C. How many nights?
I would think, that for me and others, 3 nights....Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be the optimum.
If the Downtown area is a bit too rich to stay...what other area do you suggest that the group stay?
(other Hilton brands include Doubletree, Hampton, Embassy Suites, Homewood)
Somewhere near the stadium itself? Near to you...or to where Browns Backers events would take place?
Right questions, but too early... just laying the groundwork...
Can your daughter just get a preliminary feel along the lines of: Min. number required for a "block deal"? If 10 rooms, then $140/night. If 20, then $xxx/night? In downtown you can also expect to pay for overnight parking, but often that's waved for a group.
Other areas would include NW as far as The Woodlands. Closer in, but the NW side is where the Space City Backers convene for games. I've yet to hear from them.
Near to me is about a 4 hour drive, but there is a Hilton...

-
So, the questions that we have to pose is:
A. How many rooms do we think we should get a block of reserved?
B. What kind of rate do people want to pay?
C. How many nights?
I would think, that for me and others, 3 nights....Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be the optimum.
If the Downtown area is a bit too rich to stay...what other area do you suggest that the group stay?
(other Hilton brands include Doubletree, Hampton, Embassy Suites, Homewood)
Somewhere near the stadium itself? Near to you...or to where Browns Backers events would take place?
Right questions, but too early... just laying the groundwork...
Can your daughter just get a preliminary feel along the lines of: Min. number required for a "block deal"? If 10 rooms, then $140/night. If 20, then $xxx/night? In downtown you can also expect to pay for overnight parking, but often that's waved for a group.
Other areas would include NW as far as The Woodlands. Closer in, but the NW side is where the Space City Backers convene for games. I've yet to hear from them.
Near to me is about a 4 hour drive, but there is a Hilton...

Right questions, but too early... just laying the groundwork...
Can your daughter just get a preliminary feel along the lines of: Min. number required for a "block deal"? If 10 rooms, then $140/night. If 20, then $xxx/night? In downtown you can also expect to pay for overnight parking, but often that's waved for a group.
Other areas would include NW as far as The Woodlands. Closer in, but the NW side is where the Space City Backers convene for games. I've yet to hear from them.
Near to me is about a 4 hour drive, but there is a Hilton...

I have put the inquiry into her. I think the thing perhaps to do is to figure out an area where the activities will be. If you say Woodlands, or the Northwest Side, I can have her inquire. Just checking the map, I see that there is a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and Homewood in the Woodlands.
But be more specific when talking about the "NW side". Is there a name of a town, or a neigborhood, or a street to look at?
-
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
Paid $250 for just seats at last year's Cowboys game here in Cleveland.
If this includes food and drinks, parking and the ticket, it could be a deal to consider.
(or, did you say there was public transport to the game. Could be a factor in deciding where to choose a hotel)
-
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
- Just received call basically there are no ticket blocks available for game only. The Texans hold back a few thousand seats per game for single game sales. When they go on sale online, they "last less than a minute" selling mostly in pairs.
- There are, however, a couple packages available that do include group tickets. They are:
- Churascos Club: Local eatery that caters a tailgate inside the Texans work out facility adjacent to NRG Stadium. Food and open bar included. On sale now for $235/person.
- The Sideline Experience: Catered meal in private room inside the stadium. Escorted onto the field during player warm-ups. Reservation begin May 22. Cost is $325 per person.
- Email with above details is probably in my inbox as I type this. I told sales rep, that I doubt there'd be a great deal of interest as many who are most likely to attend have other pre-game plans.
- Personally at a game in Cleveland I could get down with the field thing, but in Houston? Not so much... besides the wife would probably "have to touch" JJ Watt and we'd get kicked out.
- So unless I'm seriously mis-guaging y'all, it looks like we are down to resellers via brokerage sites as the route to tix. And since I've rarely seen "blocks" of more than 8 listed, seems pretty much like every man for himself.
No biggie. Let's just see if we can put on a tailgate. And by we, I mean you

No biggie. Let's just see if we can put on a tailgate. And by we, I mean you

That's a big, no, right there. For starters I'd need a tail gate... Hurricane Ike ate the last P/U I owned.
But I am sure I can find one... BrownsBackers... Friendly Texans-fans...
Please Tour, this is a family site.

lmao... never crossed my mind, you dirty old man...
-
04/24 - TICKET UPDATE:
-
Right questions, but too early... just laying the groundwork...
Can your daughter just get a preliminary feel along the lines of: Min. number required for a "block deal"? If 10 rooms, then $140/night. If 20, then $xxx/night? In downtown you can also expect to pay for overnight parking, but often that's waved for a group.
Other areas would include NW as far as The Woodlands. Closer in, but the NW side is where the Space City Backers convene for games. I've yet to hear from them.
Near to me is about a 4 hour drive, but there is a Hilton...

I have put the inquiry into her. I think the thing perhaps to do is to figure out an area where the activities will be. If you say Woodlands, or the Northwest Side, I can have her inquire. Just checking the map, I see that there is a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and Homewood in the Woodlands.
But be more specific when talking about the "NW side". Is there a name of a town, or a neigborhood, or a street to look at?
I have put the inquiry into her. I think the thing perhaps to do is to figure out an area where the activities will be. If you say Woodlands, or the Northwest Side, I can have her inquire. Just checking the map, I see that there is a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and Homewood in the Woodlands.
But be more specific when talking about the "NW side". Is there a name of a town, or a neigborhood, or a street to look at?
Will do... as soon as I know something.
-
No biggie. Let's just see if we can put on a tailgate. And by we, I mean you

That's a big, no, right there. For starters I'd need a tail gate... Hurricane Ike ate the last P/U I owned.
But I am sure I can find one... BrownsBackers... Friendly Texans-fans...
Please Tour, this is a family site.

lmao... never crossed my mind, you dirty old man...
-
Happy to act as "host".... look into block of rooms, seats, etc....
Maybe's and "like to's" more than welcome at this time.
To get things rolling I've...
- initiated a 10-20 group size inquiry for group sales direct from the Texans, and
- reached out to The Space City Browns Backers club... who I think I've viewed a couple game with during past trips to Houston. If it was them, they're a good, fun group.
The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.
The only thing that area lacks is Houston tourist sites... at least it does since the Goodyear blimp hanger was torn down... about 30 years ago. "Space City" is a bit of a misnomer for the area they meet in as Johnson Space City is SE of Houston proper.
I am going. Getting in on group sales would be great. Our group has been invited to tailgate with the Bulls On McNee tailgaters. We hosted 35 of them when the Texans came to Cle 2 years ago. Just a FYI the game is on the 15th. Our plan is to fly out to HOU on the 13th and back to CLE on the 16th.
I am going. Getting in on group sales would be great. Our group has been invited to tailgate with the Bulls On McNee tailgaters. We hosted 35 of them when the Texans came to Cle 2 years ago. Just a FYI the game is on the 15th. Our plan is to fly out to HOU on the 13th and back to CLE on the 16th.
Tour....what about hooking up with this group?
-
I too am seeing tickets on this site:
https://www.vividseats.com/nfl/houston-texans-tickets/texans-vs-browns-1-4-2291758.html
-
I am going. Getting in on group sales would be great. Our group has been invited to tailgate with the Bulls On McNee tailgaters. We hosted 35 of them when the Texans came to Cle 2 years ago. Just a FYI the game is on the 15th. Our plan is to fly out to HOU on the 13th and back to CLE on the 16th.
Tour....what about hooking up with this group?
Tour....what about hooking up with this group?
They would be more than happy to host us all. Several members of this group are competition BBQ'ers so we could be in store for some good Texas BBQ.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
